Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal (12239 Views)

Buhari Govt To Leave N77 Trn Debt For Incoming Administration - DMO / Mambilla: FG Directs NSIA To Source $200m Judgment Debt For Chinese Firm / Kiki Osinbajo Advocates Right Of Female Gender At All Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by seunayantokun(m): 8:11am On Sep 03, 2022
Where corruption rules? And the country's wealth used to finance fulani terrorism?
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by davodyguy: 8:13am On Sep 03, 2022
Deputy1111:
This man would have been the best candidate for 2023 presidential candidate, In fact, with the way Osinbajo is working, I so much believe New Nigeria is possible.
Delegates felt it's the turn of ancestor Tinubu
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Deeprooted: 8:19am On Sep 03, 2022
Viz007:
Even if Nigeria’s debt is swapped with climate change action, if we don't find ways to generate enough revenue to fund our national budget, we will end up heavily indebted once again.

Even if we get 1 trillion ways of generating revenue, if we don't vote the type of politicians now in power, they device 4 trillion ways of defrauding the national Treasury!

Let's vote out the evil administration and bring in Peter Obi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Smarte724(m): 8:23am On Sep 03, 2022
This guy's are Smth else, a country that 90,% of there power are generated through generators are talking about climate change,
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by rikithor(m): 8:23am On Sep 03, 2022
I don't believe that APC led fulani government doesn't want to pay back money borrowed and shared amongst themselves,used part bought amunitions for NA,NA handover to Buhari's brothers on theatre fields doing kidnapping,doing Boko Haraming n terrorising farmers and raping women and children.

Learn how to drive manual and automatic cars professionally and process driving license and vehicle papers in a short time.
See contacts below
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by shiwex: 8:24am On Sep 03, 2022
another form of enslaving the people....sell out
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Zeemam: 8:25am On Sep 03, 2022
This man is always after the betterment of this Country. Osinbajo would have been a good President but the delegates are not ready for a greater Nigeria.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Eriokanmi: 8:32am On Sep 03, 2022
Viz007:
Even if Nigeria’s debt is swapped with climate change action, if we don't find ways to generate enough revenue to fund our national budget, we will end up heavily indebted once again.
You're right especially with the same circle of looters in place.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Joyce95: 8:36am On Sep 03, 2022
Osinbajo always has great plans for this Nation Nigeria. He's the Vice President in the history of our time.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Shooyie: 8:38am On Sep 03, 2022
This trip will come with a lot of positives for Nigeria and Nigerians. We are rest assured of our representative. He is a true Nigerian.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by joyandfaith: 8:38am On Sep 03, 2022
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 03, 2022
The deal is great but the best is to ultilise the money to develop the nation's economy
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by okefranci: 8:43am On Sep 03, 2022
This is very good as it allows portions of a developing country's foreign debt to be forgiven, in exchange for commitments to invest in biodiversity conservation and environmental policy measures
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by sulaak(m): 8:48am On Sep 03, 2022
So you accumulate unnecessary debt for consumption and now you want to swap the debt for environmental degradation.

How the hell did Osinbajo become a professor, where is the so-called intelligence in the so-called pastor and professor of law? Its a stupid idea and a waste of time. Why not cut government waste and corruption?

You just can't make this up, at least with Atiku and Tinubu you know they have no integrity and are crooked, but Osinbajo comes across as weak and stupid.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by sulaak(m): 8:49am On Sep 03, 2022
Scotesam:
The deal is great but the best is to ultilise the money to develop the nation's economy

It is a stupid idea made up by an idiot.

So you accumulate unnecessary debt for consumption and now you want to swap the debt for environmental degradation.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by sulaak(m): 8:49am On Sep 03, 2022
okefranci:
This is very good as it allows portions of a developing country's foreign debt to be forgiven, in exchange for commitments to invest in biodiversity conservation and environmental policy measures

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by sulaak(m): 8:51am On Sep 03, 2022
Joyce95:
Osinbajo always has great plans for this Nation Nigeria. He's the Vice President in the history of our time.

If that is a plan, then why has Nigeria accumulated more than $50 billion in foreign debt in 7 years?

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by symbianDON(m): 8:53am On Sep 03, 2022
Guyman01:
I have never seen Buhari deliver a lecture before like StarBoy Osinbajo and Peter Obi do effortlessly, does it mean that the man no sabi anything and Tinubu sold a poorly educated fellow to us because of his own emilokan ambition undecided
buha...who??

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by NOwazobia: 8:54am On Sep 03, 2022
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by NOwazobia: 9:01am On Sep 03, 2022
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by CoolAmbience(m): 9:07am On Sep 03, 2022
divinehand2003:
Nice one Mr vice president.

However we need a government that will transform our economy from consumption to production.

That is the only way to escape further debts in future when we produce over 70% of what we consume.

Vote Peter Obi for better naija.

Peter Obi is the worst of all the presidential candidates.

Forget his cheap lies. Ask him how much of production Anambra did while he was governor.

Obi is heavily into importation. If he was serious about Nigeria producing, he'd close deals with his partners to come establish here, and stop importation.

For your information, I am from Anambra state. Obi wont be good for Nigeria. Do you see any SE governor supporting him? Not even one, including Charles Soludo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by NOwazobia: 9:07am On Sep 03, 2022
I don't think this is a proposal self...

This is a back door proposal by the west for their own hidden agenda, which Osinbajo is now bringing to the public like his proposal.

They know what they are doing.

I don't buy the idea.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by HIPROFILE(m): 9:25am On Sep 03, 2022
This administration borrowed until no one wants to lend to them again.

Its well.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by michlins(m): 9:32am On Sep 03, 2022
davodyguy:

Delegates felt it's the turn of ancestor Tinubu
if this guy got the ticket, I will vote and campaign for him
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Mars16(m): 9:37am On Sep 03, 2022
Beg Beg government, a country as rich as Nigeria in all resources including gold is begging countries who have utilized their own resources. Shame on Buhari's administration! Shame!
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Onewazobia(m): 9:37am On Sep 03, 2022
TechBaron:
Very Smart chap

Although, if I were your creditor, omoh... I no go gree.

If you like, double your effort towards attacking the climate, Na still me and you go suffer am.

When I borrow you money, Na me and you follow chop am?

Bad belle
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Adelekan40(m): 9:43am On Sep 03, 2022
Osinbajo is my leadership man of the year.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by dejol88: 9:57am On Sep 03, 2022
NOwazobia:
I don't think this is a proposal self...

This is a back door proposal by the west for their own hidden agenda, which Osinbajo is now bringing to the public like his proposal.

They know what they are doing.

I don't buy the idea.
This topic clearly tells how uninformed many Nigerians are. Something that with this proposal osinbajo ought to be stoned by all Africans and developing nation for such unpatriotic call.

Please I will advise those who does understand the meaning of what osinbajo is saying to just use Google for a start.
Ask why country like India is rejecting it?

We that our mono economy is dependent on this energy for development.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by kcbaba007: 9:57am On Sep 03, 2022
awoo10:
Joy abounds in my heart knowing that this evil government has just about 7months to leave...Not again shall affliction and evil arise again. AMEN

AMEN IN JESUS NAME
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Metrofox(m): 9:59am On Sep 03, 2022
grin you think say you dey wise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Vote For Atiku In 2015¿ / Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks / Police Seal Kogi Assembly Complex Over Crises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.