Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey (3057 Views)

My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. / Programming Learning Challenge June. / Python Or Ruby For First Programming Learning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by NONNYG: 11:45am On Sep 11, 2022
LUAN1:
please does that thinkpad have keyboard light??
yes, with double batteries
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by Qinglong(m): 7:40pm On Sep 11, 2022
Thinkpads are generally good if you can get them. I have a foreign used T460, 8GB RAM with 256SSD and a core i7. Fast and the battery lasts for 7 to roughly 8 hours even with constant WiFi and watching videos.

Got it for 180k+, but in Lagos though. There's a couple that don't come with keyboard light, so watch out for that.
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by LUAN1: 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2022
DrLevi:

The first one is the better computer.

I would never advise you buy a computer without keyboard light

I'd advise to research better options. Something like the first but with keyboard light
The other 2 seems too expensive despite having hardware that you slow you down in today's world

please is it normal for a very used laptop to have battery life of 2hrs.. the two shop I visited told me their battery life of The laptop the want to sale to me is 2hrs.. should I worry about it?
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by LUAN1: 10:06pm On Sep 11, 2022
Qinglong:
Thinkpads are generally good if you can get them. I have a foreign used T460, 8GB RAM with 256SSD and a core i7. Fast and the battery lasts for 7 to roughly 8 hours even with constant WiFi and watching videos.

Got it for 180k+, but in Lagos though. There's a couple that don't come with keyboard light, so watch out for that.
please is it normal for a very used laptop to have battery life of 2hrs.. the two shop I visited told me their battery life of The laptop the want to sale to me is 2hrs.. should I worry about it?
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by Greatchidozie(m): 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2022
odinson1:
Hey guys i just got My laptop yesterday at 140k from the plaza and i have interests in Programming,coding and graphics designing. I don't have any applications yet on the system,how do i go about my programming journey guys?
The laptop specs are;
8GB Ram
1GB dedicated graphics card
Core i7 processor
Windows 10 pro
I hope these are more than enough for my journey? I also want to play a few Standard games along the way too.
So what do you guys think?

I went through some of advise you got here and they're lots of great ones.

https://www.nairaland.com/7327863/fitness-trainer-tech-bro-how#116575127

Check out this post I made on how I switched to Tech, you might find something helpful.
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by Qinglong(m): 10:53pm On Sep 11, 2022
LUAN1:
Yeah, it's possible. My brother's HP Folio lasts around that amount of time cause it has suffered a lot of degradation. Between 2 to 3 hours.

Although I personally wouldn't buy anything with less than 4 hours backup with the terrible light we generally have to deal with, it depends on your budget and circumstances sha.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 11, 2022
LUAN1:
They probably have replacement batteries inside and would end up lasting 5 minutes in less than a year thus requiring a battery replacement eventually

It's quite normal for used computer to come with such batteries. It's a drawback you have to live with or buy a brand new laptop
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by motionarena: 9:05am On Sep 12, 2022
kingar:
I bought my laptop few months back n wanted fk do graphic design but now I’m porting to web development

Why did you port
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by odinson1(m): 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2022
Qinglong:

Yeah, it's possible. My brother's HP Folio lasts around that amount of time cause it has suffered a lot of degradation. Between 2 to 3 hours.

Although I personally wouldn't buy anything with less than 4 hours backup with the terrible light we generally have to deal with, it depends on your budget and circumstances sha.

My laptop lasts me 3 hrs on internet usage. I'm planing to buy a brand new battery to replace the old one,any advice?
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by Qinglong(m): 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
odinson1:

My laptop lasts me 3 hrs on internet usage. I'm planing to buy a brand new battery to replace the old one,any advice?
No, sorry. I've never had to do that.
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by sekzy99(m): 6:14am On Sep 13, 2022
Vacancy: Coding Instructor

Roles & responsibilities
• Teach coding in a fun & engaging way to primary and secondary school students.
• Inspire students to learn coding at a young age
• Assess students’ progress, evaluate assignments, and give constructive feedback.
• Teach one-to-one and one-to-many classes.
• Conduct regular feedback sessions with schools

To be successful in this role, you must have -
• Passion for teaching young school students. Prior experience is a plus
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
• A laptop with camera & microphone and a good internet connection
• A Computer Science degree or coding background is needed
• Applicants must be able to teach two or more of these: Scratch Programming, Mobile App Development, Web Design (HTML, CSS & Javascript), Python Programming, and Robotics

Benefits
• Flexibility to mention grades you want to teach based on your comfort level
• Guide young learners on their journey to becoming programmers, builders, and innovators
• Deepen your programming capabilities and hone your teaching skills through hands-on experience
• Get recognition & experience certificates for teaching coding
• Round-the-clock support by the MacroTutor team if you face any issues.
• Membership in the largest AI community in Africa
• Teacher development programs.
• Certification and Recommendation.

Moreover, you get to work with a young & smart team who are on a mission to inspire school kids to fall in love with coding.

Click this link to apply https://forms.gle/5MqrNfUymFpeSAaj6
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by LUAN1: 11:00am On Sep 14, 2022
Sheriman:

Lenovo Thinkpad are also good too.
please is hp folio 9480m a good laptop? I want to buy that one it has ssd. , But it's 3rd gen
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by LUAN1: 11:01am On Sep 14, 2022
DrLevi:

They probably have replacement batteries inside and would end up lasting 5 minutes in less than a year thus requiring a battery replacement eventually

It's quite normal for used computer to come with such batteries. It's a drawback you have to live with or buy a brand new laptop
please is hp folio 9480m a good laptop? I want to buy that one it has ssd. , But it's 3rd gen
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 14, 2022
LUAN1:
Its quite old though

A 3rd gen CPU, DDR3 RAM, and old SATA SSD

Might be a problem for intensive workloads. I advise you stick to more recent computers, 6th+ gen, M.2 NVME SSD. Las Las, buy wetin your money reach
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by Sheriman(m): 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2022
LUAN1:
Poor laptop it is a 3rd gen and it doesn't have a good battery.
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by LUAN1: 1:38am On Sep 21, 2022
NONNYG:
Look for Lenovo ThinkPad T450s, i5 5th gen, 8gb ram, 256 SSD.

This laptop can handle your job perfectly, not too expensive but super fast.

You can upgrade later. But pls avoid anything i3 or laptop without backlight
The seller called me to come buy i3 with keyboard light,..is i3 with keyboard light bad??
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by Immunity1555: 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2022
odinson1:

I think i like Mobile app development. What language should i learn for it? And how will i start making money from it when I've become an expert?( And yes i know it will take a while)

Bros, Please READ THIS;
Do Not Delay Your Dreams any longer!
Learn some Tech skills today that will land you a high-paying role in any part of the world.
From Beginner Stage, to Intermediate Stage and Advanced Stage.
All the Stages (Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced) are well structured. You will be assign to a well-trained and experienced Facilitators and Mentors that would guide you from one Stage to Another, where you will learn skill, gain experience and gain exposure. You will be working with real-life projects, you can get paid while learning the skills, you will also be linked with international career packaging and work with Global start-up.
There's a better internet service and co-working space.
We have the following learning paths(from Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced) that you can choose: Project Management, Frontend Development/Mobile App, Backend,Ui/Ux, Digital Marketing, Graphic Design, Devops/Cloud Dev, MySQL, PHP, Phyton and many more.
All that can be archieve at Bincom Global Tech Program.
To learn more and register,click this link:https://www.bincom.net/globaltech
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by LUAN1: 8:44am On Sep 27, 2022
Fourpockets:

Doesn't matter if it's web, my laptop is HDD and just 4gb and it's working fine
I got a offer of 90k for system with the following spec.
Dell latitude e5440
16gb ram
1TB rom
4th gen
Corei5
Battery 1hr( tho I don't know if the fault is from the battery or internal issue)

Please would bthis be okay for web development,?? will be using visual studio code
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by LUAN1: 8:55am On Sep 27, 2022
RepoMan007:
Go on. Programming isn't beans though.
What is your processor model. Check and let me know.
Dell latitude e5440
4th gen
16gb
1TB
Core i5
Battery 1h(according to the owner)
Please would it be okay for web development??
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by RepoMan007: 9:05am On Sep 27, 2022
LUAN1:
Dell latitude e5440
4th gen
16gb
1TB
Core i5
Battery 1h(according to the owner)
Please would it be okay for web development??
Upgrade the battery with a new one. You need more than 1 hour of extra battery support. Other aspects okay.
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by odinson1(m): 8:33am On Sep 29, 2022
kingar:
I bought my laptop few months back n wanted fk do graphic design but now I’m porting to web development

Where are you now in your journey?
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by 43Ronin: 11:13am On Sep 29, 2022
Leaders in the house. Pls anyone here good in python 3? Been finding it difficult lately can you pls recommend a good site for this? Thanks
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by mocochannel: 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2022
odinson1:

where are u residing I can help u...
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by mocochannel: 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2022
odinson1:

i see ur really passionate about it
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by mocochannel: 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2022
odinson1:

i like ur type. Ur type dont gv a f. Wat pple say.
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by yinkbell: 2:56pm On Sep 30, 2022
Fourpockets:

Doesn't matter if it's web, my laptop is HDD and just 4gb and it's working fine
Hello four pockets, I intend to buy laptop by tomorrow. I have the budget of 70k for fairly used. Will 70k budget laptop be good for the following;
1. Video editing
2. Programming
3. UI/UX
Pls, I need ur urgent response. Pls give me specification of Laptop for the jobs above
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by Fourpockets: 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2022
yinkbell:

Hello four pockets, I intend to buy laptop by tomorrow. I have the budget of 70k for fairly used. Will 70k budget laptop be good for the following;
1. Video editing
2. Programming
3. UI/UX
Pls, I need ur urgent response. Pls give me specification of Laptop for the jobs above
Programming yes,
Video editing ? No
Ui/UX I doubt
Re: I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey by yinkbell: 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
[quote author=Fourpockets post=117147329]
Programming yes,
Video editing ? No
Ui/UX I doubt[/quote
Thanks bro. I will need to hold on. Thanks for your response bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mason: A Java Json Parser That Works / Cost Of Building An Android App For A Magazine / How To Develop Instant Android Chating App(social Network)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.