Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,738 members, 7,806,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy (21440 Views)

FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS / Ngige Threatens Striking Doctors With No-Work, No-Pay Policy / FG Slams N50bn Fine On Anambra For Defacing Land In Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by ejimatic: 10:24am On Sep 04, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/FG-slams-ASUU-insists-on-no-work-no-pay
. The industrial law alkows only 3 months strike with payment.If it goes beyond three months the principle of no work and no pay applies

3 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by OgaTimo(m): 10:25am On Sep 04, 2022
because there Children no dey school for here na
God dey

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by dogmart(m): 10:26am On Sep 04, 2022
9jatriot:
I do not know about private universities, but I know for doctors that teaching hospitals pay more than private hospitals.
We like to paint government in bad light but if you really analyze the number of employees they pay every month, you will really pity them

You have said the simple fact.

The truth remains that the government is paying far more than any employer of labour in this country(except maybe multinationals) and in truth they are paying for next to zero returns.
Go to all government parastatal across the country both state and federal and you will see what is at play.

Yes we deserve better governance, but please understand that the government is not father Christmas.

You cant continue to share national cake and claim it is your right. Just because u hear some people are stealing in government. Have u not also been stealing at your own level?

Take a realistic look at things as a business owner and you will understand the government attimes.

Before u compare urselves with the pay in other developed countries, know for certain things are not same there. Your expense are not same so also your pay cannot be same. We just have to be realistic.

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by drfasam(m): 10:30am On Sep 04, 2022
Madmazel99:
ASUU should forfeit this 6 month salary and resume back for the sake of the students.

Then they'll start a fresh session
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by fernandoc(m): 10:41am On Sep 04, 2022
Ebubu:

I pray FG doesn’t pay you for the 6months you skipped work.

Shey na my future you go delay but have yours back ?

We go see
Who told you that you even have a future in this country? Have you seen Wike’s son or Buhari’s grand daughter? Those are the one’s who have a future to rule and govern you however they like in the nearest future. Your future job is to sit, cry and defend their incompetence.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ebubu: 10:43am On Sep 04, 2022
fernandoc:

Who told you that you even have a future in this country? Have you seen Wike’s son or Buhari’s grand daughter? Those are the one’s who have a future to rule and govern you however they like in the nearest future. Your future job is to sit, cry and defend their incompetence.

Una no go see any shishi salary

I stand with #NoWorkNoPay.

Better find another means to buy rice for your loved ones this Christmas.

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by dogmart(m): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2022
drfasam:

Then they'll start a fresh session

I don't seem to be getting this line of thought. So maybe u will throw more light on it.
Because when I was in school I know for certain that time lost during strikes was never recovered.

The lecturers cannot skip 6months of lectures and examination, it's not possible. We have lost years to strikes. Due to strike I graduated a year later than I ought to.

So lets try to analyse this.

If students were in first semester before the strike began, and by now they ought to be at the end of the second semester, how do u think the school will cover up such loss?

Cus what I know is if school resumes today, first semester continues from where it stopped. U cannot skip the process.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:01am On Sep 04, 2022
PJ123:

.Find out the school fees in Ghana as well.
Find out about the retirement age of lecturers in Ghana as well.

Find out they are managing to cope with it, the citizens . UK is expensive, but the government give them student benefit even up to rent, they don’t have to worry of paying fees or rent, and as they school they work. You think say as the fees high, them dey pay am. ITS ALL ABOUT A WORKING SYSTEM
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by tonyson010(m): 11:22am On Sep 04, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
ASUU is selfishly inclined.
They are disguising to be fighting for the welfare of the students but in truth they are much after their own interests.
TetFund is doing wonders in our varsities.
Their building Projects are classy.
I am neither a govt official nor an APC member.
I a concerned Nigerian citizen

aswear, You don't have sense.

No govt plays hide and seek with education.
in universities where many students are SCRAMBLING for spaces in classrooms, u shout there are many tetfund projects.
Lecturers are under paid, Poor transparency.

I blame the students who would have been on big indefinite protests to force govt into action. instead, they finish most of their time watching BBN, following celebrities online and looking for quick big money.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by GeneralBuhari: 11:29am On Sep 04, 2022
nedu666:
ASUU president says it can't happen. If fgn says no pay no work then every activity within the period of the strike will be forfeited. U can't ask me to do work that should hve been done during the period of the strike and still say no pay.

Who's ASUU president?

Is he not just an ordinary civil servant like the rest of us civil servants who are employees of the federal government?

If the federal government sacks him today, will he still have the voice to be determining how long students should be held hostage at their respective homes under the guise of strike?

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Lovetoglory(m): 11:30am On Sep 04, 2022
yomi961:
exactly what a government attack dog will say.
No money yet you donated billions to niger,
no money but the accountant general stole billions,
yet a professor is paid peanuts.
You only blame the lecturers fighting for the good of the educational sector, something you would not understand, because you have sold your conscience for the crumbs of the master's table.
Can you pay a worker under you for the days he he was absent from work? Let's leave sentiment and be objective for once.

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by iyke484real(m): 11:51am On Sep 04, 2022
Middleborn:

My question to the FG and whoever supports the FG in this persecution of Lecturers is, who is going to complete the backlog of work that has stockpiled since February 14?

The nature of work done by academic lecturers puts them in a position where there is a lot of work to be done in every semester from the class room to the lab to the office dealing with scripts and documents etc. In most cases, Universities are under staffed, hence the workload. If the lecturers don't do their work for 6 months, that job will be there waiting for them because unlike other kinds of jobs where you can just resume and start from current activities, the lecturers have to start from where they stopped. The students cannot for example move to the next level if they have not been taught, if they don't take their exam and have their scripts marked.

So if the FG can contract the backlog of work stockpiled since February 14 till date to someone else, then their no work no pay policy will be upheld. In fact the FG should be helping the lecturers to resolve this backlog of work that have resulted due to the striking process, this would show their commitment to education. But you see, the FG doesn't give a fvck whether the work is done or not. not paying the lecturers the six months salary would mean that they can resume and abandon the work on the table. The fact that the FG know this and has decided not to do anything about it is what should disturb the students and Nigeria as a whole.
Hello sir, with all due respect what backlog are you talking about? If I may ask were schools running while on strike to have accumulated backlogs?

Firstly, the government was not owing them salaries before they went on strike...it is work before pay and not work after pay. They where being paid right uptill when they embarked on strike it is only rational for payment to resume when they start from where they suspended duties.

Secondly sir, why should a student forfeit a CGPA he earnestly worked for and also paid school fees for?...are you declaring the previous one null and void with a proposition of conducting a fresh semester or session at your own perils and expenses?...I don't understand...how does that even make sense to you?

Thirdly, the time lost by students can never be regain sir... Some students were supposed to have graduated ...some were supposed to have gone to serve...some have already forfeited a six months rent as a result of this strike not to talk of the emotional trauma...are u saying that assu will have to turn back the hand of time and correct all the damages above? If they are paid, who is going to pay the students for their own losses?...it is a collateral damage... it should be evenly shared sir.

My dear let's call a spade a spade... In as much as this government is terrible, ASUU is also greedy, with little or no sense of patriotism they keep talking about revitalization, how that almost all university's infrastructures have decayed but when ever NUC comes for accreditation they are still the one who goes about lobbying them(NUC) into accreditating departments with the so called dilapidated infrastructures.

Note that NUC is actually a committee organized by the government to appraise tertiary institutions within the country and ensure there are up to standard.... members of ASUU end up frustrating this beautiful idea of the government just to achieve their greedy motives....then make a U-turn and attack the government accusing them of negligence...

Pls don't fall for the senseless and illogical rants by the president of ASUU.

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Tooreda: 12:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
Madmazel99:
ASUU should forfeit this 6 month salary and resume back for the sake of the students.

Just like that, right?
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Assetosky(m): 12:30pm On Sep 04, 2022
Houseofglam7:
undecided

Please always know the difference between "there" and "their". Its annoying

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by uyimove19(m): 12:30pm On Sep 04, 2022
Foolish policy from FG
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by EmmaOgbu(m): 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
ASUU is selfishly inclined.
They are disguising to be fighting for the welfare of the students but in truth they are much after their own interests.
TetFund is doing wonders in our varsities.
Their building Projects are classy.
I am neither a govt official nor an APC member.
I a concerned Nigerian citizen

My people say, when a child is fighting for himself, he becomes a bad child.
Let FGN settle ASUU please.
If it's aviation workers now, FG will settle them with whatever their demand is.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Assetosky(m): 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:
I love the quote "It is only a thief that goes to eat where he didn’t work"
ASUU members are thieves and if we look through very carefully and logically, they are fighting for there own selfish interest and not to better the educational sector. If there needs have already been met, they should be happy and go back to the classroom and let go the 6 months salary they didn't work for as a sacrifice for the struggle and for the interest of the students. You cant eat your cake and have it
It's not as if the will add value to the educational sector more than they have been doing already before there needs were met.

Know the difference between "there" and "their". Its annoying

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Pymetrics: 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2022
9jatriot:
I am trying to understand you.
Let us run throw 1 scenarios.

Scenario 1
You employ the services of an architect with the following job description and timeline.
Month 1: Design floor plan: Workdone: Paid
Month 2: Build the foundation: Workdone: Paid
Month 3: Do the block work: Work not done (Strike): Not Paid
Month 4: Roof the house: Work not done (Strike): Not Paid

Now let us test how logical you are. Assuming this architect now resumes in Month 5 to start work of Month 3, and tells you that you have to pay him for Month 3 and 4 but he will start the work of Month 3 in Month 5, will you as a business owner or an individual pay him?

You guys always forget that the FG is your employer and they are the ones to tell you what to do as employees.

I really wish FG can follow through with this no work no pay. ASUU is trying to use this election to hold FG to ransom and I wish FG has the balls to call their bluff

Can you tell your landlord that since you travelled for 3 months that you will not pay rent for those 3 months
But when he resumes in Month 5 to start the work of Month 3, won't you give him new additional project to combine with the work of month 3? The new project is the new student to be admitted through the last concluded jamb and adverts for pg schools. Except you will say don't take new project, only start from the existing one. And I know that parents will come in here when they see that new project which is the new student won't be admitted. They have to wait for another year again. The lecturing job is even more complex than the analogy of architect.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by mathel(m): 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

Where councilor Dey earn like professor, concerned Nigerian indeed, go read up how Ghana is transforming their educational sector.

Oga, do you know what it cause a politician to win even common councillorship election? How many years is their tenure compare to lecturers.. You can resign your lecturing job and join politics if polities especially in Nigeria is easy
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by tegrianonigltd(m): 1:25pm On Sep 04, 2022
mathel:

Oga, do you know what it cause a politician to win even common councillorship election? How many years is their tenure compare to lecturers.. You can resign your lecturing job and join politics if polities especially in Nigeria is easy

Because it doesn’t cost much to win election here in abroad, Una go dey support rubbish. Na why them dey use Una, you masses are the government, na Una Dey let this men dey use Una, making president and others look like gods, small cough, Boris Johnson resign, small cough, making politics look like Game of thrones. Do or die. Una Dey Bleep up. See your statement. Na so them dey play politics for other countries even South Africa and co?
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Houseofglam7(f): 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2022
Assetosky:

You have been noticed. I would never type one in place of the other tho.
Okay bye.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Starcy(m): 1:47pm On Sep 04, 2022
This ASUU are after their pocket ne not want happen to d students. don't expect wages u didnt work for

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by dublinkmy6: 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2022
Ebubu:

I am a student and I fully support FG not paying their 6 months salary for abdicating from work.

Who will pay back students for their house rents that have wasted ? Nobody. Is it their fault ? No.

FG should never ever pay them. Let them strike till next year.

I pray that after graduating you will always find jobs that will treat you the way fg is treating the lecturers.
Amen.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ebubu: 3:30pm On Sep 04, 2022
dublinkmy6:

I pray that after graduating you will always find jobs that will treat you the way fg is treating the lecturers.
Amen.

Like I said, FG should not pay them shishi. After school, many employers want graduates who are less than 26 years of age with NYSC, but ASUU has added 2 years extra to all students, and many are now outside that age bracket.

Someone can’t even be in the right age bracket for employment any longer, due to ASUU strike.

If FG pays them a dime I will do protest. Stupid union that have wasted my house rents in 2020 and 2022.

1 Like

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by seunlayi(m): 3:45pm On Sep 04, 2022
iyke484real:
Hello sir, with all due respect what backlog are you talking about? If I may ask were schools running while on strike to have accumulated backlogs?

Firstly, the government was not owing them salaries before they went on strike...it is work before pay and not work after pay. They where being paid right uptill when they embarked on strike it is only rational for payment to resume when they start from where they suspended duties.

Secondly sir, why should a student forfeit a CGPA he earnestly worked for and also paid school fees for?...are you declaring the previous one null and void with a proposition of conducting a fresh semester or session at your own perils and expenses?...I don't understand...how does that even make sense to you?

Thirdly, the time lost by students can never be regain sir... Some students were supposed to have graduated ...some were supposed to have gone to serve...some have already forfeited a six months rent as a result of this strike not to talk of the emotional trauma...are u saying that assu will have to turn back the hand of time and correct all the damages above? If they are paid, who is going to pay the students for their own losses?...it is a collateral damage... it should be evenly shared sir.

My dear let's call a spade a spade... In as much as this government is terrible, ASUU is also greedy, with little or no sense of patriotism they keep talking about revitalization, how that almost all university's infrastructures have decayed but when ever NUC comes for accreditation they are still the one who goes about lobbying them(NUC) into accreditating departments with the so called dilapidated infrastructures.

Note that NUC is actually a committee organized by the government to appraise tertiary institutions within the country and ensure there are up to standard.... members of ASUU end up frustrating this beautiful idea of the government just to achieve their greedy motives....then make a U-turn and attack the government accusing them of negligence...

Pls don't fall for the senseless and illogical rants by the president of ASUU.

Thanks for this response. Don't mind the asun grin members flooding this thread due to idleness. They are the main problem, especially in the public institutions. 2 of my children were caught in the web of this strike

ON "NO WORK, NO PAY" WE STAND.

Strike for 2 years and ready to loose your 2 years salary

2 Likes

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Wwwq: 3:59pm On Sep 04, 2022
Really
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Starships4u(m): 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2022
Madmazel99:

Pls listen to yhurself again.....
Then ask yhur self this question, if my father was a lecturer and only source of income of the family, would I also say this
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by kutashi: 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2022
NoIgboSoundTueh:
Someone said ASUU is asking for ransome using students academic life as hostage

They are Yahoo Yahoo professional!
Abi what make them different from Yahoo Boyz!

Barawo! They want to collect money they didn't work for.
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Ray02: 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2022
inoki247:

Transforming please how much his dere schl fees in Ghana let's start from dere...

or you will not compare the schl fees before you talk about Transformation....

Here people still pay as low as 30k yearly...

Calculate the Ghs to Naira and tell me how much you see there....

As the money be like say he no much in digit that amount is not easy to earn for an average Ghanaian....

You people just come online to compare what you see online and you've not experience yourself.....
Lol, why did Ghana not convert their currency to Dolllars to fix their price in their local currency. In Naira, the school fees here is commensurate with other country, in regards to local currency. If you decide to study abroad, na your wahala.

20k ghs not dollar
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by inoki247: 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2022
Ray02:

Lol, why did Ghana not convert their currency to Dolllars to fix their price in their local currency. In Naira, the school fees here is commensurate with other country, in regards to local currency. If you decide to study abroad, na your wahala.

20k ghs not dollar

Go to Ghana and ask how many people can earn 20kGhs that 20kGhs you're seeing is like 1.5m so you think people can earn 20kghs easily dere....

My friend wey be civil servant dere earns 4000Ghs monthly while some even earn 1k, 2k...

In Nigeria if you earn 30k minimum wage derr is possibilty that your 1 month salary can pay off ur child fees in Federal Universities....

Buh that 20Ghs you're seeing dere isn't easy to earn.....

Dere minimum wage is like 700ghs...

Ghana minimum wage no fit pay higher institution schl fees so u people shuld stop looking at the digit cos doz digit u see are not easy to earn...
Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Mjae1: 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2022
I swear
Assetosky:

Re: FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy by Generaloluseye: 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

Where councilor Dey earn like professor, concerned Nigerian indeed, go read up how Ghana is transforming their educational sector.

And how much is the school fees there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu Considers Abdu Aboki As ICPC Chairman - Premium Times / Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS / Don’t Let Jonathan Deceive You Again – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.