Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And (4218 Views)

COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ / Holy Names In Celestial Church Of Christ And Their Uses In Psalms / Second Coming Of Jesus Still Most Likely Between 2030-2040 AD - Don Koenig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by OkCornel(m): 7:16pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again...It seems you are all out of steam at this point. undecided

Maybe we should call it a day. undecided

I’m just getting started.

When did the 12 tribes of Israel automatically translate to “persons from every tribe” in Revelation 5 v 9?
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2022
OkCornel:
I’m just getting started.

When did the 12 tribes of Israel automatically translate to “persons from every tribe” in Revelation 5 v 9?
Really ? It instead looks to me like you have nothing new to add since you seem stuck on rejecting the response which I have repeated several times now. undecided

I am not going to change my mind about what is stated since it is from that which is clearly disclosed to you and I right there in scripture. grin
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by OkCornel(m): 7:22pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Really ? It instead looks to me like you have nothing new to add since you seem stuck on rejecting the response which I have repeated several times now. undecided

I am not going to change my mind about what is stated since it is from that which is clearly disclosed to you and I right there in scripture. grin

Thank goodness it’s clear you prefer what your mind concludes on, rather than what the scriptures states. Hahaha.

Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On Sep 10, 2022
OkCornel:
Thank goodness it’s clear you prefer what your mind concludes on, rather than what the scriptures states. Hahaha.

My mind is set as far as believing that which God has declared in scripture, thank you very much. undecided

So get to showing where God infact declares otherwise. Or else, this has become pointless. undecided
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by OkCornel(m): 9:10pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
My mind is set as far as believing that which God has declared in scripture, thank you very much. undecided

So get to showing where God infact declares otherwise. Or else, this has become pointless. undecided

Did you miss the part where redeemed people from all tribes will become priests unto God as per Revelation 5 v 9?

When did the “12 tribes of Israel” automatically translate to “persons from all tribes” in Revelation 5 v 9?

Or that is no longer a revelation from God given to Apostle John hmmm?
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On Sep 10, 2022
OkCornel:
Did you miss the part where redeemed people from all tribes will become priests unto God as per Revelation 5 v 9?

When did the “12 tribes of Israel” automatically translate to “persons from all tribes” in Revelation 5 v 9?

Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by sonmvayina(m): 9:40pm On Sep 10, 2022
OkCornel:

Family guy insults anything. Even Moses.

So your point exactly is what? We should believe family guy’s position on Moses too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTRumqk7Xw0

My question is why would they be allowed to get away with it..?
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by sonmvayina(m): 9:41pm On Sep 10, 2022
OkCornel:

Jesus did not say so, that’s all I wanted to confirm.

Anything else is gibberish.

What is more gibberish than jesus?
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by OkCornel(m): 9:46pm On Sep 10, 2022
sonmvayina:

What is more gibberish than jesus?

You
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by OkCornel(m): 9:47pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by sonmvayina(m): 9:54pm On Sep 10, 2022
OkCornel:

You
At least you can respond to my comment.

Can jesus do that?

Atulu Hausa
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by OkCornel(m): 9:56pm On Sep 10, 2022
sonmvayina:

Can jesus do that?

Atulu Hausa

Can Moses respond to your questions?

Can your dead ancestors respond to your questions?

Does it mean they’re gibberish too going by your logic?

Smh
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Sep 10, 2022
OkCornel:

Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by OkCornel(m): 9:58pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Make up your mind all you want.

Kindly answer the questions below.

Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by sonmvayina(m): 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2022
OkCornel:

Can Moses respond to your questions?

Can your dead ancestors respond to your questions?

Does it mean they’re gibberish too going by your logic?

Smh

I am here,

So it means my ancestors existed.

Mention one person from the line of jesus...that exist today...I told you that he was just a made up character your mumuism will not let you see road...
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Sep 10, 2022
OkCornel:
Kindly answer the questions below.

Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by OkCornel(m): 10:24pm On Sep 10, 2022
sonmvayina:

I am here,

So it means my ancestors existed.

Mention one person from the line of jesus...that exist today...I told you that he was just a made up character your mumuism will not let you see road...

Nope, can your ancestors reply you right now?

Can Moses reply you?

Since that was your basis of concluding Jesus is gibberish.

Is critical thinking too hard for you? cheesy

sonmvayina:

Can jesus do that?

Atulu Hausa
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by OkCornel(m): 10:24pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:

1. Kindly answer the questions below.

2. Or that is no longer a revelation from God given to Apostle John hmmm?
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Sep 10, 2022
OkCornel:
1. Kindly answer the questions below.

Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by OkCornel(m): 10:29pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Congrats on making up your mind to believe whatever you want.

I’m still awaiting your answer to these questions.

1. When did the “12 tribes of Israel” automatically translate to “persons from all tribes” in Revelation 5 v 9?

Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by sonmvayina(m): 10:30pm On Sep 10, 2022
OkCornel:

Nope, can your ancestors reply you right now?

Can Moses reply you?

Since that was your basis of concluding Jesus is gibberish.

Is critical thinking too hard for you? cheesy

Lol...

Jesus and Moses never existed...

So jokes on you..
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Sep 10, 2022
OkCornel:

1. When did the “12 tribes of Israel” automatically translate to “persons from all tribes” in Revelation 5 v 9?

Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by OkCornel(m): 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2022
sonmvayina:

Lol...

Jesus and Moses never existed...

So jokes on you..

Then why bother quoting me when you believe they never existed?
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by OkCornel(m): 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by Kobojunkie: 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2022
OkCornel:

Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by OkCornel(m): 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Revelation 5 v 9-10;

9 And they sang a new song, saying:
“You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased for God persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.”

When did "the 12 tribes of Israel" automatically translate to "PERSONS FROM EVERY TRIBE"?
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by Kobojunkie: 11:15pm On Sep 10, 2022
OkCornel:

Revelation 5 v 9-10;

9 And they sang a new song, saying:
“You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased for God persons from every tribeand language and people and nation.
10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.”

When did "the 12 tribes of Israel" automatically translate to "PERSONS FROM EVERY TRIBE"?
Those who were purchased by Jesus Christ's blood and death are those who were born under and hence once belonged to God's Old Covenant Law of Moses, the Israelites.. undecided
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by OkCornel(m): 11:22pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Those who were purchased by Jesus Christ's blood and death are those who were born under and hence once belonged to God's Old Covenant Law of Moses, the Israelites.. undecided

How are the 12 tribes of Israel automatically persons FROM EVERY TRIBE according to Revelation 5 v 9?
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by Kobojunkie: 12:39am On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:
How are the 12 tribes of Israel automatically persons FROM EVERY TRIBE according to Revelation 5 v 9?
God told them, the Israelites, that in the case of disobedience, He would scatter them among the Nations. undecided
25 “You will live in the country a long time. You will have children and grandchildren there. After all that time, be sure that you do not then ruin your lives by making any kind of idol! That is something the Lord your God considers evil, and it would make him very angry!
26 So I am warning you now. Heaven and earth are my witnesses! If you do such an evil thing, you will quickly be destroyed! You are crossing the Jordan River now to take that land. But if you make any idols, you will not live there very long. No, you will be destroyed completely!
27 The Lord will scatter you among the nations. And only a few of you will be left alive to go to the countries where the Lord will send you. - Deuteronomy 4 vs 25 - 27
Similar declaration is found in Leviticus 26 vs 33. undecided
In Deuteronomy 28, God lists the curses that await Israel in the case of disobedience and scattering of the people among the Nations of the world is one of the curses that He placed on them in the case of disobedience.
63 “The Lord was happy to be good to you and to make your nation grow. In the same way the Lord will be happy to ruin and destroy you. You are going to take that land to be yours. But people will take you out of that land!
64 The Lord will scatter you among all the people in the world. He will scatter you from one end of the earth to the other. There you will serve false gods made of wood and stone. They are false gods that you or your ancestors never worshiped.
65 “You will not have any peace among these nations. You will have no place to rest. The Lord will fill your mind with worry. Your eyes will feel tired. You will be very upset.
66 You will live with danger and always be afraid. You will be afraid night and day. You will never feel sure about your life. - Deuteronomy 28 vs 63 - 65

As for the Redemption of the scattered people, God promised they would return when the time is right.
28 There you will serve gods made by men—things made of wood and stone that cannot see or hear or eat or smell!
29 But there in these other lands you will look for the Lord your God. And if you look for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.
30 When you are in trouble—when all these things happen to you—then you will come back to the Lord your God and obey him.
31 The Lord your God is a merciful God! He will not leave you there or destroy you completely. He will not forget the agreement that he made with your ancestors. - Deuteronomy 4 vs 28 - 31
At the time in question, peace would have overtaken the land of Israel.
6 Then wolves will live at peace with lambs, and leopards will lie down in peace with young goats. Calves, lions, and bulls will all live together in peace. A little child will lead them.
7 Bears and cattle will eat together in peace, and all their young will lie down together and will not hurt each other. Lions will eat hay like cattle.
8 Even snakes will not hurt people. Babies will be able to play near a cobra’s[c] hole and put their hands into the nest of a poisonous snake.
9 People will stop hurting each other. People on my holy mountain will not want to destroy things because they will know the Lord. The world will be full of knowledge about him, like the sea is full of water.
10 At that time there will be someone special from Jesse’s family. He will be like a flag that all the nations gather around. The nations will come to him and ask him what they should do. And the place where he is will be filled with glory.
11 At that time the Lord will again reach out and take his people who are left in countries like Assyria, North Egypt, South Egypt, Ethiopia, Elam, Babylonia, Hamath, and other faraway countries around the world.
12 He will gather the people of Israel and Judah who were forced to leave their country. They were scattered to all the faraway places on earth. But he will raise the flag as a sign for the other nations, and he will gather his people together again. - Isaiah 11 vs 6 - 12
You can also read up Isaiah 54 vs 7 & Ezekiel 11 vs 17 & Jeremiah 50 vs 4–5 & Isaiah 5 vs 26 & Deuteronomy 30 vs 3 & Psalm 107 vs 1 - 3 & Isaiah 43 vs 5 - 6 & Deuteronomy 33 vs 16 - 17. undecided

God promised through His prophets that He Himself will search for and return all of them
11 The Lord God says, “I myself will be their Shepherd. I will search for my sheep and take care of them.
12 If a shepherd is with his sheep when they begin to wander away, he will go searching for them. In the same way I will search for my sheep. I will save them and bring them back from all the places where they were scattered on that dark and cloudy day.
13 I will bring them back from those nations. I will gather them from those countries and bring them back to their own land. I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the places where people live.
14 I will lead them to grassy fields. They will go to the place high on the mountains of Israel and lie down on good ground and eat the grass. They will eat in rich grassland on the mountains of Israel.
15 Yes, I will feed my flock, and I will lead them to a place of rest.” This is what the Lord God said.
16 “I will search for the lost sheep. I will bring back the sheep that were scattered and put bandages on the sheep that were hurt. I will make the weak sheep strong, but I will destroy the fat and powerful shepherds. I will feed them the punishment they deserve.”
20 Then the people from Jacob’s family who are left living in Israel will stop depending on the one who beat them. They will learn to depend on the Lord, the Holy One of Israel.
21 Those who are left in Jacob’s family will again follow the Powerful God.
22 Israel, your people are as many as the sands of the sea, but only a few of them will be left to come back to God. But before that happens, your country will be destroyed. God has announced that he will destroy the land. And then justice will come into the land like a river flowing full.
23 The Lord God All-Powerful really will destroy this land. - Ezekiel 34 vs 11 - 23
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by OkCornel(m): 12:44am On Sep 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God told them, the Israelites, that in the case of disobedience, He would scatter them among the Nations. undecided
Similar declaration is found in Leviticus 26 vs 33. undecided
In Deuteronomy 28, God lists the curses that await Israel in the case of disobedience and scattering of the people among the Nations of the world is one of the curses that He placed on them in the case of disobedience.

As for the Redemption of the scattered people, God promised they would return when the time is right.
At the time in question, peace would have overtaken the land of Israel.
You can also read up Isaiah 54 vs 7 & Ezekiel 11 vs 17 & Jeremiah 50 vs 4–5 & Isaiah 5 vs 26 & Deuteronomy 30 vs 3 & Psalm 107 vs 1 - 3 & Isaiah 43 vs 5 - 6 & Deuteronomy 33 vs 16 - 17. undecided

God promised through His prophets that He Himself will search for and return all of them

That God would scatter the Israelites among the nations, does that mean they no longer identify as "the 12 tribes of Israel" but are now suddenly "persons from every tribe"?

Why do we still have these tribes in the sealing of the 144,000 in Revelation 7 v 5-8?

Again I ask you, how does the 12 tribes of Israel automatically translate to persons FROM EVERY TRIBE in Revelation 5 v 9?
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by Kobojunkie: 1:18am On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:
1. That God would scatter the Israelites among the nations, does that mean they no longer identify as "the 12 tribes of Israel" but are now suddenly "persons from every tribe"?

2. Why do we still have these tribes in the sealing of the 144,000 in Revelation 7 v 5-8?

3. Again I ask you, how does the 12 tribes of Israel automatically translate to persons FROM EVERY TRIBE in Revelation 5 v 9?
1. So you are under the assumption that after thousands of years of integration, they all remember their Jewish lineage? undecided

2. The sealed are who were sent are those saved who were used by God to bring back the lost sheep of Israel beginning from the time Jesus Christ sent them out - Isaiah 66. . undecided

3. If you reject God's own explanation to you through His prophets, I am afraid I can't help you. undecided

By the way, when Paul, in his letters e.g. Galatians 3 vs 1 - 22 wrote of redemption from the curse of the Law, Paul meant the actual curse of the Law in Deuteronomy 28, and not that the Law itself was cursed. undecided

Those redeemed from the curse are those who were scattered as a result of the curse, the lost sheep of Israel whom Jesus Christ told you He came for. For thousands of years, they had thrived and multiplied in every Nation as God Himself said. And they are the ones who God will gather back at the end. Do you realize how many generations that will be and how many there will be? Like the sands of the sea, God says. undecided
Re: Will Jesus Come Back? The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ, And by OkCornel(m): 4:57am On Sep 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. So you are under the assumption that after thousands of years of integration, they all remember their Jewish lineage? undecided

2. The sealed are who were sent are those saved who were used by God to bring back the lost sheep of Israel beginning from the time Jesus Christ sent them out - Isaiah 66. . undecided

3. If you reject God's own explanation to you through His prophets, I am afraid I can't help you. undecided

By the way, when Paul, in his letters e.g. Galatians 3 vs 1 - 22 wrote of redemption from the curse of the Law, Paul meant the actual curse of the Law in Deuteronomy 28, and not that the Law itself was cursed. undecided

Those redeemed from the curse are those who were scattered as a result of the curse, the lost sheep of Israel whom Jesus Christ told you He came for. For thousands of years, they had thrived and multiplied in every Nation as God Himself said. And they are the ones who God will gather back at the end. Do you realize how many generations that will be and how many there will be? Like the sands of the sea, God says. undecided

Which God’s explanation?

Did Israelites cease to be Israelites the moment they were scattered amongst the nations?

Again I ask you, how does the 12 tribes of Israel automatically translate to persons FROM EVERY TRIBE in Revelation 5 v 9?

Kobojunkie, Galatians 3 v 26-29;

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith,
27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Pretty much explains why faithful Israelites and gentiles would be priests in God’s kingdom as Revelation 5 v 9 states.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Attributes Of God / To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''? / Palm Wine Good For A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.