Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? (29572 Views)

Your Thought On Companies Asking For A Collateral/binding Agreement B4 Employmnt / Earn 6k Montly Online, It Is Legit, No Scam, No Registration Fees Just Hardwork. / I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Weirdcamila: 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2022
In all you do , try not to work for someone !
It’s more honorable to work as a roadside akara seller for yourself.
I can’t imagine myself working for someone , it’s not pride or ego.
But I can’t be pushing another man’s business with all I have just to get stipends at the end of a month.
God forbid !

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by lavylilly: 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2022
Sales is both a challenging and interesting career.

- When the numbers are bad, you must explain. Failure to do so is usually presumed with the impression that you are not in touch with the business.

- When the numbers are good, you must still explain. Failure to do so means, it is an organic process, ‘naturally’ happening with little or no input from the salesman.

In both scenarios, you must be able to give good insights. This is when you’ll be taken seriously as someone who truly knows his onions.
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.
I heard stories about how former employees before me, stole from the company. Even the last person i met there stole hundreds of thousands and was sacked 3 weeks after i joined.
I was hardworking , honest, punctual, polite and hands on the best worker.

I was made employee of the month , a month after i joined and guess how much i was given as reward? #250!
Lol
After i requested permission to travel to the East for a close Aunt's burial for a week and 2 days, i was permitted yet Half of my salary for last month was still deducted and that's why i quit.
After the way i served and upheld this company and even worked overtime most times and always get home very late at night.
It is well.. i know God and life has better
plans for me. ASUU strike or not.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by DrBrainstorm(m): 5:40pm On Sep 04, 2022
Weirdcamila:
In all you do , try not to work for someone !
It’s more honorable to work as a roadside akara seller for yourself.
I can’t imagine myself working for someone , it’s not pride or ego.
But I can’t be pushing another man’s business with all I have just to get stipends at the end of a month.
God forbid !
Depends on who you are working for though, compare working as a freelance Developer with working at FAANG.

4 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Weirdcamila: 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2022
DrBrainstorm:

Depends on who you are working for though, compare working as a freelance Developer with working at FAANG.
Even for Elon musk , pray not to work under anyone .
You are trading freedom for peanuts .

3 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Blake755: 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2022
Stallionhorse:
If you have an opportunity to steal and not be caught please do it. Fuccck honest and all the crab you just wrote.. Mention one good person thats a billionaire In this country? Even the so called pastors take from the poor to fuel their extravagant life..
He know know infact nah dishonesty people the like well well
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by rusher14: 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2022
Person wey thief dey him body go thief.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by arzizhy: 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.
I heard stories about how former employees before me, stole from the company. Even the last person i met there stole hundreds of thousands and was sacked 3 weeks after i joined.

I was made employee of the month , a month after i joined and guess how much i was given as reward? #250!
Lol
After i requested permission to travel to the East for a close Aunt's burial for a week and 2 days, i was permitted yet Half of my salary for last month was still deducted and that's why i quit.
After the way i served and upheld this company and even worked overtime most times and always get home very late at night.

Isn't that the way you were supposed to serve the company? Didn't you write in your application about how you will be diligent and hardworking. Why does it appear to you like you have done something special by working hard. Isn't that what is expected of you?
Bringing former employee stealing info into this write up suggested that you regret not haven stolen your own share. How would you expect to go for 2 weeks for burial and you expect them to pay you in full. How many weeks do you have in a month. Except if it's your annual leave, which from what you told us, you are not even qualified for annual leave yet

12 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Chimera30: 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2022
bakwodneva:

Consistent honesty pays dear, it may not be immediate but it will surely pay someday.
Lastly continue being honest

Thank you Sir.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Chimera30: 7:06pm On Sep 04, 2022
arzizhy:

Isn't that the way you were supposed to serve the company? Didn't you write in your application about how you will be diligent and hardworking. Why does it appear to you like you have done something special by working hard. Isn't that what is expected of you?
Bringing former employee stealing info into this write up suggested that you regret not haven stolen your own share. How would you expect to go for 2 weeks for burial and you expect them to pay you in full. How many weeks do you have in a month. Except if it's your annual leave, which from what you told us, you are not even qualified for annual leave yet

Lol
If i wanted to steal.. i wouldn't quit.
And where in my post did i mention 2 weeks?
I left work on 5thAugust and resumed on 12th August with permission fully granted.. only to receive half salary on 2nd September.
How is that 2 weeks?
If i ran your buisness like its mine , i expect you not to reward me but at least dont treat me like a fool or a nobody we are all humans.
Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by sirBLUNT: 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2022
Tickles001:
You were lied to.
Honesty, hardwork and loyalty pays only when you sell them. Not when you give them.

Are you a chimera?
i am a chimera
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by DrBrainstorm(m): 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2022
Alright, whatever rocks ya boat.
Weirdcamila:

Even for Elon musk , pray not to work under anyone .
You are trading freedom for peanuts .
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by optm(m): 7:42pm On Sep 04, 2022
Keep being honest, it's a virtue most nigerians lack . Those supporting stealing , i hope you know that by doing that, you are running down someone's business and ultimately, people's source of lively hood. By doing that, u make many people loose their jobs and cause families to go hungry. There's no justification for evil. No excuse can make evil good. If you feel you deserve more in your job and you are not getting it, please quit, rather than run down someone's business and make others jobless .
Also for employers of labour, if your business can afford paying your staff well, please do pay them well and be not too greedy for profit at the detriment of your staff welfare. If we learn to put ourselves in the shoes of others, it would be easier to act better and justly towards them. Do unto others as you'll want to be done to you.

5 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Techmac00: 7:42pm On Sep 04, 2022
DrBrainstorm:
Alright, whatever rocks ya boat.

Not sure he knows what FAANG means. grin
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by michlins(m): 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2022
You're working in a terrible organization. Whether or not you work hard didn't matter
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by DrBrainstorm(m): 10:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
Techmac00:

Not sure he knows what FAANG means. grin
Yeah grin grin you bet.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by UnknownT: 10:41pm On Sep 04, 2022
It will be hard to see any "mushroom" organisation give an employee a leave of 1 week and some days without deducting it from the employee's salary. If it was an organization an employee is entitled to Annual leave, that wouldn't have been a problem, you just apply for your leave and your money still remains intact. Sorry my brother.

2 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by MULANO: 12:20am On Sep 05, 2022
I SELL VIRGIN WHITE/ SILVER AND RED MERCURY CONTACT ME ON: 08109441889, CALL/ WHATSAPP ME THANKS..
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by timecount: 12:42am On Sep 05, 2022
I need help o��, please help me with any amount to pay my house rent, i need 50k and my landlord gave me just a week to pay up else the worse will happen �� help me, 0271034459 gtb Samuel Adu please help me
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by arzizhy: 4:52am On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:

Lol
If i wanted to steal.. i wouldn't quit.
And where in my post did i mention 2 weeks?
I left work on 5thAugust and resumed on 12th August with permission fully granted.. only to receive half salary on 2nd September.
How is that 2 weeks?
If i ran your buisness like its mine , i expect you not to reward me but at least dont treat me like a fool or a nobody we are all humans.
Thank you.

You still dont deserve a full month pay since it's not your annual leave. Businesses are not run on sentiments and emotion. You won't try it with a white person. Remember they pay by the hour.
And please stop making anything special out of how you worked for the company. No one ask you to run it like it's your own. It is expected of you to be diligent and hardworking. I'm sure it's one of the reasons they gave you the job in the first place

10 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Chimera30: 10:08am On Sep 05, 2022
arzizhy:

You still dont deserve a full month pay since it's not your annual leave. Businesses are not run on sentiments and emotion. You won't try it with a white person. Remember they pay by the hour.
And please stop making anything special out of how you worked for the company. No one ask you to run it like it's your own. It is expected of you to be diligent and hardworking. I'm sure it's one of the reasons they gave you the job in the first place

K

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Chimera30: 10:11am On Sep 05, 2022
optm:
Keep being honest, it's a virtue most nigerians lack . Those supporting stealing , i hope you know that by doing that, you are running down someone's business and ultimately, people's source of lively hood. By doing that, u make many people loose their jobs and cause families to go hungry. There's no justification for evil. No excuse can make evil good. If you feel you deserve more in your job and you are not getting it, please quit, rather than run down someone's business and make others jobless .
Also for employers of labour, if your business can afford paying your staff well, please do pay them well and be not too greedy for profit at the detriment of your staff welfare. If we learn to put ourselves in the shoes of others, it would be easier to act better and justly towards them. Do unto others as you'll want to be done to you.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by BurialGround: 11:53am On Sep 05, 2022
I used to be honest until I discover that I am bn used.

Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by Konjiboii: 11:54am On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

You mean 250k abi my cataract dey act up again
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by frog12: 11:55am On Sep 05, 2022
takes a longtime to be rewarded that is even if they remember you

1 Like

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by FreeStuffsNG: 11:56am On Sep 05, 2022
God1000:
Not in Nigeria sister, but continue to be good.
And with your declaration, so for ever will your honesty go unrewarded in this land.

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by ufotty2001: 11:56am On Sep 05, 2022
Hardwork pays .. I don't know about honesty.
Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by chatinent: 11:56am On Sep 05, 2022
I had similar experience.

If you are working in a place they embezzle the owner, your life is at stake if you are honest. They'll so despise you and even attempt to set you up, or even off you.

What I do: if I ever get to work in such place anymore, I'll tender my resignation letter myself.

Nigerian employers don't regard your honesty. Instead, they try to exploit you.

But should I give up? Never! I'll work for myself. Hardwork pays.

4 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by sircatherine45(m): 11:56am On Sep 05, 2022
Honesty, hardwork and humility works, in the "sane" world, not in Nigeria.
If I tell you my story, you'll weep for me. But nevertheless, never relent.
HHH

Honesty

Hardwork

Humility.

2 Likes

Re: I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? by ElSudani: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2022
Chimera30:
Yesterday i quit my job.

Lol

Basically you wanted them to pay you for the time you were not at work? Is that part of your contract with them or you came up with that idea?
Doing your job honestly is the right thing to do, it doesn't matter if you were rewarded or not as long as you are being paid for the job done.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? / 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? / Nigeria SSS Recruitment As Cadet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.