Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? (2287 Views)

21 Lies Nigerian Ladies And Guys tell One Another / Ladies Will You Still Love Your Man After He Treats You Like This ?(PIC) / Why Is It That Girls Like Lies Especially on How Beautiful They Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by jkpretty(f): 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2007
Sincerely, i've really looked into this,

People post heart touching, heart felt topics & they don't get replies k may be one or two, with some sighing like"Hmmmm!" This is actually very discouraging

But when some come up wit a framed up thing, there r answers till d world end. e.g "i was slapped 2 days ago" we see it having dummy answers like, forget it

Let nairaland be wot it used to be.
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by Frankies(m): 3:38pm On Nov 06, 2007
@ JKpretty

Your mind is exzctly what I am thnking of in this forum. They seem to believe and react swiftly to all sort of shit but seem to doubt the real confessions or enquiry.

You are a quick analyst
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by Joey82(m): 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2007
Jk dearie,
this is an online forum and peeps are bound 2 lie no matter what, and truth is, once real topics are posted, its not actually every one thats experienced enough to offer a positive advice.

Me thinks its even better not to contribute at all than to start posting some rubbish that will make the poster suck. e.g winnergal's case of yesterday
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by olanajim(m): 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2007
I think there are different categories:

1. Those who can detect lies and play along for the fun of it. You know liars use appealing words and spice up their invention with humour and weird story.
2. Those who recognize lies and ignore them. These people hardly post. Unfortunately they also have cynics among them.
3. Those who could not disect lies. They merely do follow follow. From their replies their ignorant is boldly written.
4. Those who don't care whether you are lying or not. To them, it is worth the stress as long as they are not the victim. They just have fun and share ideas like the number one.

One thing I know is this:

YOU CAN FOOL ALL THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME: YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME: BUT YOU CANNOT FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME!

With this conviction, I always protect myself without having to attack anybody for lying.

I think we credible men and women here. And with them around, liars can't rule for long.
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by Scopium: 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2007
[size=13pt]Well JKPretty the situation is pathetic. You know what? I think you should install a lie detector to this site. grin grin That way you can screen out the LIES!. What do you think JK?[/size]
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by jkpretty(f): 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2007
@Frankies , joey kiss Olanajim & scopium

Point taken,

U know, i've read topic as far back as 2005 & 2006 & i see response which touches me, i see the sequence in the way the questions are answered, with respect to the poster, even if they've committed the worst crimes, & they help them to see carefully what is wrong. There's hope of the poster Taking to correction, & u see due remorsefulness.
I see quality advice that can't be bought. which is rare now, or maybe if its there they kill the spirit of such people.

Just like i posted this topic, when i barely knew nairaland, with no response only for it to come up today.

We sure need a change & scopium i'm thinking of that lie detector
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by iice(f): 8:04am On Nov 07, 2007
People in general enjoy lies and lie too.
I like Ola's breakdown although i think he's missing 1 or 2 groups.

The worse are those who know what to do but come on all 'i don't know what to do', seriously please!!
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by olanajim(m): 8:32am On Nov 07, 2007
Yeah, thank iice, you know I can't know everything. I would add that to the group. I hope someone keep posting more.

Nairaland is an offshoot of the society. A mirror through which we have a glimpse of the society. It is not only nairaland that liars abound. Even in real world, we have them. In politics, Business etc people enjoy listening to liars.

Sane men and women must resolve not to be poluted by the bad ones.

Jk,
how and when will you install the lie detector?
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by jkpretty(f): 8:53am On Nov 07, 2007
hmmn Olanijim

As for installing a lie dectector, lets start from normal or is logical reasoning?

they say the simplest answer is usually the correct, which means,The simplest Questions should be real--------nah i don't think that's correct

Or should we just assume they all r real, and approach the topic the fairness except d topic is a particularly dummy one.

iice:

People in general enjoy lies and lie too.
I like Ola's breakdown although i think he's missing 1 or 2 groups.

The worse are those who know what to do but come on all 'i don't know what to do', seriously please!!

IIce, i've read some of ur replies in the past, good ones, but i think u are becoming a little sarcastic now, is it dat u are tired of replies, or u don't see a point, cos i did notice some energy u had at ur beginning.
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by iice(f): 9:17am On Nov 07, 2007
Noticed that did ya tongue
Really? I thought i have always been sarcastic, just depends on the gravity.
My response to certain threads depends on how well it stimulates my mind and interests.
Thats why am usually in the movies section - its the one thing that am really passionate about and does not bore me into a coma - my aura blazes for that
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by Bolarge(m): 10:10am On Nov 07, 2007
It definitely is an issue that hasn't escaped my notice but like most things on this forum I don't
take 'em seriously. I choose to view even the lies sometimes as issues real people may be facing and
thus address them knowing someone someplace may benefit directly or indirectly.
To really have fun on this forum you cannot afford to take anything to heart. Trust me on this one.

BTW, we can actually start by  shouting "Story story!!" anytime we see an annoying cock n' bullshit story. grin
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by olanajim(m): 1:00pm On Nov 07, 2007
Jk,

LAW ONE: when a thread is too absurd to be real, we must take it with a pinch of salt until the poster show commitment to follow it up with reasonable clarification.

Reason?
Liars are generally affraid of being branded a liar! Hence, the would make frantic attempt at covering up their lies while appealing to general acceptance. Exception abounds.

LAW OF CONSISTENCY: you can detect a lie through inconsitency of the carrier. Except for a born liar, most liars can be caught by their own lies.

Just check their past postings on their profile and X-ray their consistencies.

LAW THREE: when truth and falsehood are clearly present in a post, consider it a sacarsm. To detect lies, disect the statement and isolate lies from the truths. In most case of sacarsm, you find embellished in wisdom, appreciable quantities of comedy and jibes.

LAW OF CONTRADICTION: liar would not fail to contradict themselves when subject to scrutiny. Exception are the parthological liars. They are the masters of absurd.

Bolarge, I love that input. It is better.

I hope someone give us more lie detectors.
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by mellow(m): 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2007
Hmmmmmmmmmm great analogy you have there
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by almondjoy(f): 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2007
Please who cares?  This is Nairaland and as in real life, take what you see and move on! If all else fails---See Chris Okotie or Chris Oristejafor, depending on the "wholey" in your local districts.
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by IderaN(f): 1:23pm On Nov 07, 2007
thanks almondjoy
@poster

but you reply this funny posts too even though they are lies,

you have all responded well but provide a solution or are you all lying too with your suggestions. lipsrsealed
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by niceuzor: 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2007
@Allposter!!

How i'm i sure that you guys haven't lie b4 in this forum? "just curious"

i believe everyone of us do lie,actually 2007 section is pissing me off

i remember then when Nairaland was Naira and Land then its was so Hot

as @ 2005/2006 Set!! you enjoying visiting

the land and even get addicted to it but now "it's suck" i guess you that.

Seun is trying is best to make its better again!!! cheesy
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by somze(f): 2:10pm On Nov 07, 2007
Well i've just caught one LIAR, more to come grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-91706.0.html#msg1657845
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by jkpretty(f): 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2007
@ Somze
Lol, thanx 4 dat one, quite funny grin

@Olanijim
Wow for all those, but i've thought that yes, lies could be detected, It lies it our brain to be able to detect these lies, i mean the lie detector lies in our brain.

@Almondjoy
should we really take what we see & move on

@Bolarge
thanx i feel u.

@Nice uzor
i got u

@iice
i know dat mind thing

@Idera.N

funny girl, but seriously those funny threads ehn, u can't just help but look into it, some are too funny u just have to contribute, some thread like that meets u in your funny moods, some angry, some ur sacartic mind. Application of answers to those threads really depends on u & ur mood.

@ all
But why should those thread be our major interest, dat really is the initial question. An how can we solve this issue
as for the liers we know u, but we have just decided to reply, either quench quench some moods or increase some. I can't really remember the particular thread that vexed me into throwing this topic, but it was so o stupid, dat i've forgotten.
Maybe when the lie detector in our brain tells us that a particular topic real & worth's answering we should put our best to it.
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by somze(f): 4:24pm On Nov 07, 2007
jkpretty
you're welcome wink
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by saucekid(m): 4:30pm On Nov 07, 2007
keeping sealed lips on this one lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

but i concur fully with olanajim
his points are worth thinking over
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by olanajim(m): 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2007
Somze the lie detector, that is good! Hope the liar know no one had been fooled but himself.

Jk,
I think this can only be tackle through collective effort. We must make conscious effort a giving genuine posters desired reply.

Like someone said above some people don't just know how to respond to truth. You hear things like "pele" "sorry" etc.

Another thing is that some chap won't believe anything on nairaland even if it is well known in public. To them, nothing good can come out of nairaland.
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by saucekid(m): 4:47pm On Nov 07, 2007
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 4:47pm On Nov 07, 2007
That is why some threads are not worth replying to, but really the lies are what most Nairaland more interesting.

And some time what the liars are caught red handled, and you expose them, guess what Seun will ban you.

There was this incident that happened earlier this year about how the girl story was fake, She claims to be American and how her boyfriend family(Nigerians) doesn't like her, we all got banned for exposing her then seun deleted the comments we posted on that thread at the family section.

Most times, it better to read and keep moving, that's why i spend most of my time and the music thread.

95% of topics at the romance sections are all lies
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by somze(f): 4:53pm On Nov 07, 2007
MoOdYLaDy:

There was this incident that happened earlier this year about how the girl story was fake, She claims to be American and how her boyfriend family(Nigerians) doesn't like her, we all got banned for exposing her then seun deleted the comments we posted on that thread at the family section.

Most times, it better to read and keep moving, that's why i spend most of my time and the music thread.

95% of topics at the romance sections are all lies
wow shocked shocked shocked shocked
You cant be serious
Now thats some funny issue if they ever was one grin grin

So even the powers may be involved, interesting. cool

BTW 95% is totally wrong, lets try 99% wink grin
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by somze(f): 4:56pm On Nov 07, 2007
Ola
what can i say? just doing my bit wink

Sauce
Thats an old thread someone just went to resurrect it
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by slitty: 5:01pm On Nov 07, 2007
what i feel is happening,
1. nairaland is getting too porous, there are bound to be liars amongst us
2 the solution starts from ourselves (individual) when we endeavour to post real/true stuffs, i am sure seriousminded people will definately come by.
lets not try to encourage liars
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 5:05pm On Nov 07, 2007
somze:

wow shocked shocked shocked shocked
You can't be serious

Now thats some funny issue if they ever was one grin grin

So even the powers may be involved, interesting. cool

BTW 95% is totally wrong, lets try 99% wink grin
Yes oh am serious, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-47179.32.html, : I Love Him And His Parents Hate Me Because I'm Not Nigerian!. the started of the thread was Ayeisha

lol 99% na wa for you

And yes people kept replying even after she was exposed, like I stated Nlanders love lies
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by somze(f): 5:11pm On Nov 07, 2007
MoOdYLaDy:

Yes oh am serious, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-47179.32.html, : I Love Him And His Parents Hate Me Because I'm Not Nigerian!. the started of the thread was Ayeisha

lol 99% na wa for you

And yes people kept replying even after she was exposed, like I stated Nlanders love lies

Wow, this is really funny, so what was the reason given for the ban and deleting your posts?
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 5:14pm On Nov 07, 2007
somze:

Wow, this is really funny, so what was the reason given for the ban and deleting your posts?
He clamied we were fighting grin grin grin
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by omogenaija(f): 3:49am On Nov 08, 2007
@ poster
sorry o , pele , but dont complain about how ppl respond to a post . if a poster does not want a reply to their post then dont post. lipsrsealed
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by olanajim(m): 8:36am On Nov 08, 2007
I do not agree that 95% of postings are lie. That is scandalous. We must also take note of postings that merely "assumed" the possibility of the event happening. For instance, some posters know that the event wasn't real. They merely want to know what you would do if it happen to you. At times, they personalize it to make it real. Few of them actually make it clear that it wasn't real.

Then there is issue of old thread coming back to life after the problem had been resolved. Isn't there any way we can block such thread so that any one who view it will know that it case is already closed? It is ok to read and learn from them. But what is the use of bringing it back again?
Re: Nairalanders, Why Do You Like Lies? by somze(f): 9:00am On Nov 08, 2007
OK Ola
Lets be more diplomatic.
99% are based on untrue events.

Yes that is more than 9 out of every 10 topics are insubstantiated claims

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Live Without Him? / Guys, Who Would U Prefer? / Pls Help Me! I Can't Lose Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.