Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 (1186 Views)

Tecno Megabook T1 – Price And Full Specifications / Tecno Megabook T1 (full Specifications) / TECNO Unveils Megabook T1 10th Generation Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by atheistandproud(m): 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2022
Inquisitive Universe:
Let's talk about this new Tecno laptop.

I'm sure that most of us saw this coming. I mean after Infinix and Itel both announced laptops, it was only a matter of time when, not if, Tecno would release theirs.

They have announced it in faraway Berlin, Germany at a tech expo. Their marketing and advertising team putting out stunning visuals and adverts.

To the uninitiated, this should look captivating and exciting.

To the old wives in the industry, this is just like going to the market to buy jewelry and spotting the difference between real gold and stainless steel that was sprayed with gold dust.

Now don't get me wrong. The T book specs look impressive and the infographics that they put out are very captivating but it absolutely lacks substance.

Once again Tecno are using RAM and storage to blind people. It's psychological warfare at this point. And the result is massive brainwashing.

This is the official website for anyone who cares to check it out.

https://www.tecno-mobile.com/pc-tablets/product-detail/product/megabook-t1/

Anyone who wants to buy a laptop will tell you that the two most important specs are the CPU + RAM type/size and of course the display.

They are awfully quiet about the display type.

What type of display is there? Is it an LCD or an AMOLED panel?

Okay even if it's an LCD, what is the display resolution?

Is it 720p or is it 1080p?

Nothing. Instead they filled it with jargon and certifications that have no real world use.

Moving on to the most important part, they said 10nm Intel core processor.

Sounds important, sounds impressive, sounds meaningless.

People who have been on this channel for a while will know how much I despise empty specs like what they do on their phones.

For example
Quad core processor
Octa core processor
1.8GHz processor
2.0 GHz processor

These terms are vague at best and meaningless at worst. Designed to manipulate and misdirect.

The same is true for a vague term like 10nm Intel core processor.

10nm refers to a build process. There are several Intel CPUs that are built on a 10nm process. Which one is it?

Intel core? What does that even mean? Does it refer to the core series or the number of CPU cores?

Now even if we choose to help them out and agree that it is the number of cores that they were referring to, is it dual or quad core?

Which of the core series are they talking about? Is it Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 or Core i9?

The spec sheet above is filled with what I call padded specs. A video I plan to release on Wednesday or Saturday.

Depending on how soon I can edit it.

Specs padding is a real problem.

This has led a lot of bloggers and lay people to disregard them because of their blatant abuse by companies like these.

If Tecno can boldly announce the G96 on the Camon 19 pro, it means that they know how to announce processors.

When they hide it, it means there's something that they are keeping away from you. You would be wise to lay off till you know what it is.

RAM and Storage are very important for any computer, from calculators to PDAs, from smartphones to video game consoles, from desktops to laptops.

But they're only one part that makes up the whole edifice or structure.

Lots of people will see 12GB RAM and their brain go blow. Some people do not even know that 8GB/12GB is the standard for PCs now and the high ends are rocking 16/32GB.

No one knows if the RAM is DDR 3 or DDR4. I highly doubt if Tecno would put a DDR5 RAM on their PC.

Lots of people are easily swayed by the term SSD but what type of SSDs are there?

Is it M3, NVMe or just plain old SATA?

When Dell, HP, Apple (whom they're all copying), Microsoft, Toshiba etc. release laptops, the specs are laid out in full for everyone to peruse.

For pcmag, Tom's hardware, notebook check etc. to review, praise or criticize.

Not this thing that I'm seeing.

Have a blessed evening

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by judatech: 9:03pm On Sep 05, 2022
I had a sneaky feeling about that laptop especially coming Tecno

2 Likes

Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by Snitch24(m): 9:14pm On Sep 05, 2022
Make them post price na

1 Like

Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by atheistandproud(m): 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2022
Snitch24:
Make them post price na

Expect 200k price range
Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by atheistandproud(m): 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2022
judatech:
I had a sneaky feeling about that laptop especially coming Tecno

Me too

1 Like

Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by Onyeka90210(m): 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2022
At least, who ever buys this will get something premium,.....premium tears grin
It's just a powerbank with a screen

3 Likes

Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by atheistandproud(m): 10:50pm On Sep 05, 2022
Onyeka90210:

You too like vawulence comrade

3 Likes

Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by SqueezedPant: 11:34pm On Sep 05, 2022
Onyeka90210:

That last line , I don die grin

4 Likes

Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by LogicBomb8: 11:25pm On Sep 07, 2022
Kindly drop more laptop reviews bro. this i cool transsion wanna explore the african entry level laptop mkt at the same time trying to rip the buyers lol

2 Likes

Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by nams77: 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2022
atheistandproud:
Inquisitive Universe:
Let's talk about this new Tecno laptop.

I'm sure that most of us saw this coming. I mean after Infinix and Itel both announced laptops, it was only a matter of time when, not if, Tecno would release theirs.

They have announced it in faraway Berlin, Germany at a tech expo. Their marketing and advertising team putting out stunning visuals and adverts.

To the uninitiated, this should look captivating and exciting.

To the old wives in the industry, this is just like going to the market to buy jewelry and spotting the difference between real gold and stainless steel that was sprayed with gold dust.

Now don't get me wrong. The T book specs look impressive and the infographics that they put out are very captivating but it absolutely lacks substance.

Once again Tecno are using RAM and storage to blind people. It's psychological warfare at this point. And the result is massive brainwashing.

This is the official website for anyone who cares to check it out.

https://www.tecno-mobile.com/pc-tablets/product-detail/product/megabook-t1/

Anyone who wants to buy a laptop will tell you that the two most important specs are the CPU + RAM type/size and of course the display.

They are awfully quiet about the display type.

What type of display is there? Is it an LCD or an AMOLED panel?

Okay even if it's an LCD, what is the display resolution?

Is it 720p or is it 1080p?

Nothing. Instead they filled it with jargon and certifications that have no real world use.

Moving on to the most important part, they said 10nm Intel core processor.

Sounds important, sounds impressive, sounds meaningless.

People who have been on this channel for a while will know how much I despise empty specs like what they do on their phones.

For example
Quad core processor
Octa core processor
1.8GHz processor
2.0 GHz processor

These terms are vague at best and meaningless at worst. Designed to manipulate and misdirect.

The same is true for a vague term like 10nm Intel core processor.

10nm refers to a build process. There are several Intel CPUs that are built on a 10nm process. Which one is it?

Intel core? What does that even mean? Does it refer to the core series or the number of CPU cores?

Now even if we choose to help them out and agree that it is the number of cores that they were referring to, is it dual or quad core?

Which of the core series are they talking about? Is it Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 or Core i9?

The spec sheet above is filled with what I call padded specs. A video I plan to release on Wednesday or Saturday.

Depending on how soon I can edit it.

Specs padding is a real problem.

This has led a lot of bloggers and lay people to disregard them because of their blatant abuse by companies like these.

If Tecno can boldly announce the G96 on the Camon 19 pro, it means that they know how to announce processors.

When they hide it, it means there's something that they are keeping away from you. You would be wise to lay off till you know what it is.

RAM and Storage are very important for any computer, from calculators to PDAs, from smartphones to video game consoles, from desktops to laptops.

But they're only one part that makes up the whole edifice or structure.

Lots of people will see 12GB RAM and their brain go blow. Some people do not even know that 8GB/12GB is the standard for PCs now and the high ends are rocking 16/32GB.

No one knows if the RAM is DDR 3 or DDR4. I highly doubt if Tecno would put a DDR5 RAM on their PC.

Lots of people are easily swayed by the term SSD but what type of SSDs are there?

Is it M3, NVMe or just plain old SATA?

When Dell, HP, Apple (whom they're all copying), Microsoft, Toshiba etc. release laptops, the specs are laid out in full for everyone to peruse.

For pcmag, Tom's hardware, notebook check etc. to review, praise or criticize.

Not this thing that I'm seeing.

Have a blessed evening
Abeg can I get your advice on a laptop I plan to buy? I can't ask you here because both sellers are here
Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by udemzyudex(m): 8:53am On Sep 11, 2022
Nice post,you're on point.

1 Like

Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by Hardey33: 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2022
It's actually there on the specs tab
As u would expect IPS LCD display,.core 15 (no gen included) bla bla bla grin grin grin
I'm not a fan though

Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by atheistandproud(m): 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
Hardey33:
As u would expect IPS LCD display,.core 15 (no gen included) bla bla bla grin grin grin
I'm not a fan though

Then they just added it because it wasn't there before and as usual they're hiding specs again.
Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by atheistandproud(m): 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
nams77:

Abeg can I get your advice on a laptop I plan to buy? I can't ask you here because both sellers are here

Ok...
Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by Karlifate: 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2022
Onyeka90210:

LMAO! grin grin
Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by Prinzton(m): 12:46am On Sep 16, 2022
Hardey33:
I'm not a fan though
Is it 1st gen or 12th gen?

Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by Hardey33: 11:42am On Sep 18, 2022
Prinzton:

Is it 1st gen or 12th gen?
You too dey ask questions bro
Buy am and discover nah grin grin grin cool
Re: Everything That Is Wrong With The Tecno Megabook T1 by Prinzton(m): 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hardey33:

You too dey ask questions bro
Buy am and discover nah grin grin grin cool
Boss a wise saying taught us to learn from the elders.
Come meet me here take one or two green bottles.

(1) (Reply)

What Have You Gained Or Lost From The Internet So Far ? / What Causes A Computer To Freeze / How To Confirm Your Bandwidth From Your Isp.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.