Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) (19399 Views)

How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) / How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) / How I Make Delicious Bitter Leaf Soup With Assorted Meat (Photos,Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Switruth: 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
I'm here for my favourite soup
your moniker suppose no allow you like good thing. You are a very wicked man.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by bigdammyj: 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2022
Ok.
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by showafrica(m): 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
This is another vegetable soup recipe with Ugu leaves (pumpkin leaves) and water leaves. This cook with me video is well detailed on how to cook Nigerian vegetable soup popularly know as Edikang-Ikong. This soup is full of delicious goodness.

Ingredients:

Beef
Ugu (Pumpkin leaves)
Water leaves
Kpomo
Kpanla fish
Dried Catfish
Stock fish
Crayfish
Yellow scent peppers
Red peppers
Onions
Palm oil
Seasoning cubes
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAarLBtqlt4

You are pushing people to the wall ooo, there is hunger in the land and you are presenting this kind thing. Take am easy ooo... People are not happy. Well let us continue to salivate for now... God dey
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2022
McOluOmo:
Ok

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

Guys with no girlfriend go still chop nah.
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by AngelicBeing: 1:54pm On Sep 06, 2022
Hian, Gloryhomemaker again, I think you are working with CBN cash center, @ topic, another of my favorite soup, kudos to you wink

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Tegabadguy(m): 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Abeg dey come food section dey get food inspiration.

Let me give you a quick 3k Edikang-Ikong soup that is very rich yet affordable:

Beef 700
Ugu 300
Water leaf 200
Kpomo 200
Kpanla 300
Dry catfish 400
Stock fish 300
Palm oil 200
Knorr cubes 100
Pepper 100
Onions 100
Salt 100
Total 3000

Everything on that list is captured here. Just meet one Mama in the market and buy everything from her. She will do you well.
he shor say you dey nigerian sooo...were you take see beef 700

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:00pm On Sep 06, 2022
showafrica:

You are pushing people to the wall ooo, there is hunger in the land and you are presenting this kind thing. Take am easy ooo... People are not happy. Well let us continue to salivate for now... God dey

If you follow the thread from beginning you will observe where I gave a full list for the soup at a cheaper price.

Am not trying to push anyone to the wall, just helping people do things by themselves at a cheaper rate.

Thank you.
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Hian, Gloryhomemaker again, I think you are working with CBN cash center, @ topic, another of my favorite soup, kudos to you wink

grin
God is my supply oooo

I live above the systems of this world
Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by VeryWickedMan: 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2022
mariahAngel:

Na you no manage the money well naa. Or you no know price of things for market, so market women been wan run you street. cheesy
1k suppose reach run beans and akamu.

What are you doing on this thread? angry angry
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by solja147(m): 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Beef 700
Ugu 300
Water leaf 200
Kpomo 200
Kpanla 300
Dry catfish 400
Stock fish 300
Palm oil 200
Knorr cubes 100
Pepper 100
Onions 100
Salt 100
Total 3000

Everything on that list is captured here. Just meet one Mama in the market and buy everything from her. She will do you well.

You snapped everything on that list, but you didn't snap the beef you bought for N700
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by DukeNija(m): 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2022
God bless you sis. Funny enough I planned to make this soup today and you just made my life perfect. Hugs

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2022
Tegabadguy:
he shor say you dey nigerian sooo...were you take see beef 700

It's available. Don't bargain with them.
Just hand over the money to the meat cutter.

When things seem hard, apply wisdom.
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by AngelicBeing: 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

grin
God is my supply oooo

I live above the systems of this world
Thank you sir.
According to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by OlumSOJ: 2:05pm On Sep 06, 2022
OP, can you cook this for me at the rate of 3k and for how long can it last me. A week or two weeks?

gloryhomemaker:

Beef 700
Ugu 300
Water leaf 200
Kpomo 200
Kpanla 300
Dry catfish 400
Stock fish 300
Palm oil 200
Knorr cubes 100
Pepper 100
Onions 100
Salt 100
Total 3000

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Tegabadguy(m): 2:05pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

It's available. Don't bargain with them.
Just hand over the money to the meat cutter.

When things seem hard, apply wisdom.
in village or here in lagos
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:06pm On Sep 06, 2022
solja147:

You snapped everything on that list, but you didn't snap the beef you bought for N700

The beef I used was not 700.

I did a list for someone to cook the soup with 3k.

You can buy as much meat as you want.
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2022
AngelicBeing:
According to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus cheesy

Gloorrrryyyyy!

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:12pm On Sep 06, 2022
OlumSOJ:
OP, can you cook this for me at the rate of 3k and for how long can it last me. A week or two weeks?

I don't cook for people here. I only suggest easier methods. You can go to the market, cook and know for how long it will last you.

The details of the cooking is in the video.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2022
Tegabadguy:
in village or here in lagos

Lagos nah, even 500 dey.

Even if it's 6 pieces, it will add taste to your soup.
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by coputa(m): 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2022
ifytrik:
With the way naira loosing value this days i hope 15k can pepare the soup?
It is annoying the way u hype things here,it's people like u that will use 1k to prepare soup.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by showafrica(m): 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

If you follow the thread from beginning you will observe where I gave a full list for the soup at a cheaper price.

Am not trying to push anyone to the wall, just helping people do things by themselves at a cheaper rate.

Thank you.

There is no cheaper option, na this your own we want and e go cost. Let's continue salivating sha, God dey
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Tegabadguy(m): 3:05pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Lagos nah, even 500 dey.

Even if it's 6 pieces, it will add taste to your soup.
grin grin grin na for tranches be that one......
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by BeanmanX(m): 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

Address please.
You think say I go talk "thank you" waka pass?

PS: Nothing concern me and kitchen. My own is to complain bitterly until my food is ready then proceed to deliver wotowoto inside you immediately after.
Ask Uyaiincomparabl to cook it for u,,, she's from Akwa ibom and she go even give u her ponmo as dessert... cheesy
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2022
The heading is annoying. Edikang-ikong is basically "ugu and waterleaf"...so what's the essence of the second half of the heading?

Abi another edikang-ikong dey wey them dey use another leaf cook?
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by SaturnNick(m): 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Even 3k can do this sir.
Reduce the meat, that's the most expensive in the list.
The 3k go serve like how many plates?
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by fantastic1: 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
This is another vegetable soup recipe with Ugu leaves (pumpkin leaves) and water leaves. This cook with me video is well detailed on how to cook Nigerian vegetable soup popularly know as Edikang-Ikong. This soup is full of delicious goodness.

Ingredients:

Beef
Ugu (Pumpkin leaves)
Water leaves
Kpomo
Kpanla fish
Dried Catfish
Stock fish
Crayfish
Yellow scent peppers
Red peppers
Onions
Palm oil
Seasoning cubes
Salt to taste

I followed your recipe and instruction to make bitterleaf soup. I will never buy bitterleaf soup outside again as I made the best bitterleaf soup I have eaten in my life.

Thanks for what you do

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by alterego17: 3:23pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Am amazed you like this one.
Please come and eat.
Do you know how to cook it?

NOne of my best soup...why do u like forgetting d step by step written instruction after writing out d recipe?

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Josbreed: 3:29pm On Sep 06, 2022
If you don't include the edikang-ikong leaves in it, then it can never be edikang-ikong soup.
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by HolyMan12: 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
I'm here for my favourite soup
I the wonder when gloryhomemaker go cook food serve me, then come serve me kpekus again make I kpansh kiss

I don't mind Sharing you with your husband kiss

I love to keep my belly full and my balls empty kiss
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Angbakpa(m): 3:48pm On Sep 06, 2022
HolyMan12:

I the wonder when gloryhomemaker go cook food serve me, then come serve me kpekus again make I kpansh kiss

I don't mind Sharing you with your husband kiss

I love to keep my belly full and my balls empty kiss

Na only 5 people normal for this country cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by chypotenti(m): 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Ingredients:

Beef
Ugu (Pumpkin leaves)
Water leaves
Kpomo
Kpanla fish
Dried Catfish
Stock fish
Crayfish
Yellow scent peppers
Red peppers
Onions
Palm oil
Seasoning cubes
Salt to taste

Delicious and very rich!

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by nesgeeek(m): 3:51pm On Sep 06, 2022
my favourite soup.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fried dried kpomo now available / How To Make Yam Balls / My Stomach Is Big

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.