Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) (19433 Views)

How To Cook Vegetable Soup With Scent Leaf And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) / How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) / How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

Yes nah try am e sweet die.

Ohk, I will try it personally. Off camera grin
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:37pm On Sep 06, 2022
Tonytonex:
OP, No periwinkles or snails? Thanks for the video.

We are on a budget for this one. You can always add any protein of your choice.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:38pm On Sep 06, 2022
Tonytonex:
please, are you married?

Yes oooo.
With plenty children grin
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Christiansimon: 5:52pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Yes oooo.
ADDING plenty children will make Tonytonex to be weak..even that thing self go weak.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by SaturnNick(m): 5:53pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

It should serve 5 plates.
It's fair then. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by MyAmericandream(f): 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2022
BeanmanX:
No wonder Uyaiincomparabl is mean and aggressive... grin

If you have them as step mum, you’re doomed!
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by vikstandon(m): 6:00pm On Sep 06, 2022
You used all these to cook this small pot... Omoge!

You go make our wives think this is a norm.

In this austerity period... Learn to economize.
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by BeanmanX(m): 6:00pm On Sep 06, 2022
MyAmericandream:

If you have them as step mum, you’re doomed!
God forbid! me wey no like Wahala like this.... grin

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by HolyMan12: 6:23pm On Sep 06, 2022
Angbakpa:

Na only 5 people normal for this country cheesy
I am one of them cool
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by alterego17: 6:34pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

It's not like I forget, if anyone asks for it, I would provide it.

But there's more value with the video as there is visual presentation and timing which helps a lot.

Would you like the written one? cheesy

I always prefer d written ones...let it be a standard for u to alwayss drop it after d recipes...dont worry people wey get data go still give u views for ya channel kiss

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by ideaz: 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

As long as you're a loyal customer.

I think this is one of the secrets of Igbo business prowess. I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Munzy14(m): 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

As long as you're a loyal customer.
Truth...Mana ihie eri gi o with time.. cheesy

Sometimes I avoid them those days...Thank God for shopping malls at least those ones have fixed price tag..not one mummy in the market weighing your pocket and appearance and inflate prices with Eze ochi. grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Munzy14(m): 7:20pm On Sep 06, 2022
ideaz:

I think this is one of the secrets of Igbo business prowess. I stand to be corrected.
NO.
The secret is any commodity sold, even if the profit is 5naira it means a lot to him..All he does is turn over while you are selling to 50naira profit, Igbo man will sell for 5naira profit X 50 turnover.. cheesy

Perseverance is the watch word for an average Igbo business man.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by ideaz: 7:59pm On Sep 06, 2022
Munzy14:

NO.
The secret is any commodity sold, even if the profit is 5naira it means a lot to him..All he does is turn over while you are selling to 50naira profit, Igbo man will sell for 5naira profit X 50 turnover.. cheesy

Perseverance is the watch word for an average Igbo business man.

You are very right also but good customer service is part of the mix. I think it's a combination of several right things.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Tonytonex(m): 8:00pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Yes oooo.
okay. GBY ma

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Tonytonex(m): 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

We are on a budget for this one. You can always add any protein of your choice.

Thank you.
ok ma. It seems you are not from Akwa-Ibom

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2022
Christiansimon:
ADDING plenty children will make Tonytonex to be weak..even that thing self go weak.

grin

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2022
Tonytonex:
ok ma. It seems you are not from Akwa-Ibom

Not from Akwa-Ibom, but know my way around their delicacies.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Munzy14(m): 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2022
ideaz:

You are very right also but good customer service is part of the mix. I think it's a combination of several right things.
All join..In addition to availability and affordability.

You are doing business if every class can afford your products.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2022
vikstandon:
You used all these to cook this small pot... Omoge!

You go make our wives think this is a norm.

In this austerity period... Learn to economize.

That pot is not small at all. Na camera.
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by vikstandon(m): 8:30pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

That pot is not small at all. Na camera.

Ok o... I for fear o. Family Big o!

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:51pm On Sep 06, 2022
vikstandon:

Ok o... I for fear o. Family Big o!

No fear abeg. I have a big family.
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Kriss216: 8:56pm On Sep 06, 2022
mariahAngel:

Na you no manage the money well naa. Or you no know price of things for market, so market women been wan run you street. cheesy
1k suppose reach run beans and akamu.
Mariah, you like food...no cap grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:28pm On Sep 06, 2022
alterego17:

I always prefer d written ones...let it be a standard for u to alwayss drop it after d recipes...dont worry people wey get data go still give u views for ya channel kiss

Ok.
First I season the washed meat, kpomo and stock fish with knorr cubes, chopped onions and salt.
I don't add water and start cooking.
When it boils add a little water to cook the meat till tender. This soup needs little or no water.

I wash the Ugu and water leaf with salt to take away dirt and sand. And slice into thin pieces.

When the meat gets tender, add blended pepper, onion and crayfish. Add palm oil, the soup needs lots of oil. Cover to cook for 5 minutes.

Add the washed kpanla and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Taste for the seasoning and salt to know if you need to adjust.

Vegetable soup doesn't need plenty salt, you will not enjoy it if over salted.

Add the water leaf and allow to cook for 5 minutes. Depends on the quantity.

Add the Ugu and allow to cook for another 2 minutes.
And the soup is ready.

I hope this helps.
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Christiansimon: 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

grin
grin grin which State Are U From
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by VMuna: 10:23pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Abeg dey come food section dey get food inspiration.

Let me give you a quick 3k Edikang-Ikong soup that is very rich yet affordable:

Beef 700
Ugu 300
Water leaf 200
Kpomo 200
Kpanla 300
Dry catfish 400
Stock fish 300
Palm oil 200
Knorr cubes 100
Pepper 100
Onions 100
Salt 100
Total 3000

Everything on that list is captured here. Just meet one Mama in the market and buy everything from her. She will do you well.

You're highly blessed indeed!

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by aalangel(f): 11:50pm On Sep 06, 2022
All my soups MUST have uziza in it!!

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Tonytonex(m): 7:38am On Sep 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Not from Akwa-Ibom, but know my way around their delicacies.
I knew it. You tried sha. smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Geo4646: 8:33am On Sep 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
This is another vegetable soup recipe with Ugu leaves (pumpkin leaves) and water leaves. This cook with me video is well detailed on how to cook Nigerian vegetable soup popularly know as Edikang-Ikong. This soup is full of delicious goodness.

Ingredients:

Beef
Ugu (Pumpkin leaves)
Water leaves
Kpomo
Kpanla fish
Dried Catfish
Stock fish
Crayfish
Yellow scent peppers
Red peppers
Onions
Palm oil
Seasoning cubes
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAarLBtqlt4

Eyes catching

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:18am On Sep 07, 2022
Geo4646:

Eyes catching

Thanks.
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by fineboynl(m): 11:57am On Sep 07, 2022
Just came back from market.

What and what I bought. Here are the list.

Water leaf 100
Ugu leave 300
Goat meat 2000
Fresh Pepper 100
Camera paper 50
Onion 100
Red oil 1000
Cow skin 500
Dried cat fish 500
Stock fish 200
Yam 2400
Seasoning 200
Smoke Titus fish 500

I feel there is no need for crafish after all the fish ingredients up there.

I couldn't calculate the total as eye de town me. Anyone who care to know should calculate it.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 12:54pm On Sep 07, 2022
Kriss216:

Mariah, you like food...no cap grin grin

Before nko!
You no see say I don plant bottle for this section. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Red Apple Or Green Apple!.. / Small Chops Recipe / Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.