Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) (19428 Views)

How To Cook Vegetable Soup With Scent Leaf And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) / How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) / How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:09pm On Sep 07, 2022
fineboynl:
Just came back from market.

What and what I bought. Here are the list.

Water leaf 100
Ugu leave 300
Goat meat 2000
Fresh Pepper 100
Camera paper 50
Onion 100
Red oil 1000
Cow skin 500
Dried cat fish 500
Stock fish 200
Yam 2400
Seasoning 200
Smoke Titus fish 500

I feel there is no need for crafish after all the fish ingredients up there.

I couldn't calculate the total as eye de town me. Anyone who care to know should calculate it.

Correct guy. I didn't add crayfish in the 3k list cos fish don plenty.

Please cook and send us the pictures.

Total: 7,950

What will you be doing with the yam? Pounded yam?
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:36pm On Sep 07, 2022
mariahAngel:

Before nko!
You no see say I don plant bottle for this section. cheesy cheesy

grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by alterego17: 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Ok.
First I season the washed meat, kpomo and stock fish with knorr cubes, chopped onions and salt.
I don't add water and start cooking.
When it boils add a little water to cook the meat till tender. This soup needs little or no water.

I wash the Ugu and water leaf with salt to take away dirt and sand. And slice into thin pieces.

When the meat gets tender, add blended pepper, onion and crayfish. Add palm oil, the soup needs lots of oil. Cover to cook for 5 minutes.

Add the washed kpanla and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Taste for the seasoning and salt to know if you need to adjust.

Vegetable soup doesn't need plenty salt, you will not enjoy it if over salted.

Add the water leaf and allow to cook for 5 minutes. Depends on the quantity.

Add the Ugu and allow to cook for another 2 minutes.
And the soup is ready.

I hope this helps.

Over helps...plz dont forget again oh...tanx dear

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2022
alterego17:

Over helps...plz dont forget again oh...tanx dear

You are most welcome.
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 5:33pm On Sep 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

grin

Nne, na you cause am o. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by fineboynl(m): 5:44pm On Sep 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Correct guy. I didn't add crayfish in the 3k list cos fish don plenty.

Please cook and send us the pictures.

Total: 7,950

What will you be doing with the yam? Pounded yam?
pounded yam. The soup didn't come out the way I expect. My first time of trying something like this. I forgot I haven't put this and that. Had to off the gas every now and down.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 6:05pm On Sep 07, 2022
fineboynl:
pounded yam. The soup didn't come out the way I expect. My first time of trying something like this. I forgot I haven't put this and that. Had to off the gas every now and down.

You did well.

Next time, before you start cooking, first make sure you prepare all your ingredients, then set them all out in one place, so that you don't forget anything.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:56pm On Sep 07, 2022
fineboynl:

You still did well for a first timer.

Set all your ingredients aside ,well prepared. So the cooking will only be mixing in things.
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2022
mariahAngel:

You did well.

Next time, before you start cooking, first make sure you prepare all your ingredients, then set them all out in one place, so that you don't forget anything.

Perfect advice.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by fineboynl(m): 7:45pm On Sep 07, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

You still did well for a first timer.

Set all your ingredients aside ,well prepared. So the cooking will only be mixing in things.

mariahAngel:

You did well.

Lol. I re-reasoning it and add salt and sachet Tin tomatoes this evening. I just boil it a little and its far better now. I am arranging rice now and I know it will go well with rice.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:06pm On Sep 07, 2022
fineboynl:

Lol. I re-reasoning it and add salt and sachet Tin tomatoes this evening. I just boil it a little and its far better now. I am arranging rice now and I know it will go well with rice.

It sure will go well with rice. Practice makes perfect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Red Apple Or Green Apple!.. / Small Chops Recipe / Long Queue At Food Vendor Is It Juju?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.