Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance (23990 Views)

Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United / Racial Abuse: Tammy Abraham Says English Players Will Walk Off If Targeted / Whoever Sanctioned The Sale Of Nemanja Matic To Man Utd Should Be Thrown Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by HonNL: 2:58pm On Sep 06, 2022
Eric Bailly has suggested Manchester United picked players during his time at the club based on whether they were English rather than their talent.

Bailly, an Ivory Coast international defender, is on loan at Marseille from United. The 28-year-old featured just four times last season, while, for example, England international Harry Maguire kept his place despite struggling for form.

The defender has said he hopes Erik ten Hag will change the situation for foreign players.

“The club should avoid favouring English players and give everyone a chance,” said Bailly.

“[The club should] encourage competition in the dressing room, not just look out for some. I’ve always had the feeling that the national player was prioritised.

“That doesn’t happen at Chelsea or other big Premier League clubs. Some people take it for granted that they are going to start, and that weakens the team. Luckily [Erik] Ten Hag has a lot of character and I hope he can change that dynamic.”

“I met Erik ten Hag at the end of last season when he went to sign his contract. I was packing my bags, because my intention was to leave, but he told me that he wanted me stay, because he was going to give everyone minutes.

“I agreed to tour with #mufc, and he kept his word, but I don't want to play once in a while. I want to play every week and feel important.”

Bailly and Marseille face Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League on Wednesday.

He brought a temporary end to his stay at United, which began when he joined from Villarreal in 2016, after Lisandro Martinez joined the club from Ajax. Rafael Varane and Maguire were also ahead of him in the pecking order.

SOURCE

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by codemaniacs: 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2022
Its called ENGLISH premier league and in Europe...

they must favor their own people...

you don't reveal things like this when you're outside your own country or indigenous region...

He hasn't realized that's how countries grow their indigenous populations...

134 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by timothydare(m): 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2022
That's English premier league for u nigga,is in dere blood

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Nasri100(m): 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2022
I understand his frustrations but you African footballers are very small in the scheme of things.

I will advise never to say negative things about your former employer cause you never know the ramifications.

Just focus at where you at and earn your paycheck and enjoy life.

Aside all the emotions and fanfare the clubs are the biggest player in this round leather game and they all work in tandem. All of them. Just take a look at the hidden Super League plans that didn’t materialize.

No footballer is bigger than the club.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Slippy: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2022
Lol he's never going back to Man Utd.

It's an unofficial policy in the Premier League to have a number of local players in the starting line-up.

In La Liga each club is only allowed to name three non-EU players in each matchday squad.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by BigDawsNet: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2022
Liverpool nko that prefer to play 57year old Milner and dash OX Chamberlain maternity leave for no reason while selling player like Mane!!!

Chelsea/Man United fans abeg how dem dey take play Europa? Cus we Liverpool no fit make Top as it stands...

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Corridon: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2022
Truth. English players are overated.

27 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by saheedbadmus(m): 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2022
Hmm.. Well thats a good advise ,we all know manUnited don't really like black players and they favour British than others and that's really affecting the team and when they loose, we the fans feel the pain cos our friends make fun of us..inshort wonman ba ojuwajeh gidigan...

That being said, Do you know when holding an event, Security should come 1st.. Yes . You& yours Guests Security should be your top priority, let's be Your Security Plug ..

@SANTOMA SECURITY, we provide hefty event Guards (Bouncers) who are Well Trained, well Equipped and Highly Experienced.. Our Bouncers can control crowd and our price is Affordable. For bookings and inquiries , call or WhatsApp 08187125825

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Moferere: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2022
Eric Bailly should put it in proper perspective.

Manchester United should avoid favouring Harry McGuire.

Simple! grin

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Crestnester: 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2022
Yes
Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by sukkot: 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2022
wink
Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by ntyce(m): 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2022
English clubs owe it a duty to develop English/homegrown talents....

I won't blame them for that

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2022
Otigho
English bully media are coming for his neck soon

3 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Johnjanrt: 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2022
cool
Racist bastards that they are. Unless they do something about the English players' trend they're bound for a downward spiral.

3 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Treasure17(m): 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2022
It's an obvious fact.

1 Like

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by goodyvin02(m): 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2022
Cry me a river

2 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by UgoParts: 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2022
It's now Dutch United
Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by CondemnBattery(f): 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2022
Great advice from Bailly, however, he shouldn't say this in the open when he's still in the club's payroll, otherwise it can be used against him. Both coaches and the English players can gang up against him.

2 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Pandev(m): 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2022
Mr Hag has done that already. If by any chance he's talking about Rashford, he should forget. No even Ronaldo will start ahead of Rashford

2 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by ipobarecriminals: 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2022
sad Our NEW gorimapa Coach Nor go accept favoritism.Even the Once favorite MAGU lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Dey REST well now

4 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Truthisunique2: 3:11pm On Sep 06, 2022
Baily is injury prone too

He shouldn't forget why he doesn't go.game after game

At least he can't accuse Mourinho of favouring English players

11 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Onyenna(m): 3:11pm On Sep 06, 2022
Ghen Ghen!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by BlackAIIDay: 3:11pm On Sep 06, 2022
Just mention Magwaya name joor, nobody will beat you

10 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by senatepresido: 3:11pm On Sep 06, 2022
It happens everywhere

1 Like

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by BlackAIIDay: 3:12pm On Sep 06, 2022
Pandev:
Mr Hag has done that already. If by any chance he's talking about Rashford, he should forget. No even Ronaldo will start ahead of Rashford

Na Magwaya and shawberto him dey talk about

11 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by seunaj: 3:12pm On Sep 06, 2022
Yea, Maguire needs to sit for like 10 games straight. Howbeit, let's give Kudos to the English, it's not that easy to leave out your country-men and play all and sundry. How many of you guys can allow that in your local leagues.

15 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by emmyluizzz: 3:12pm On Sep 06, 2022
who told him Chelsea does not do it too

mount and that over grown English Pogba has been playing shit for some time now but my sweet and handsome coach still plays them

2 Likes

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by Realguyman1(m): 3:12pm On Sep 06, 2022
Bailly should go straight to the point and tell Man united to stop favouring Maguire

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance by BlackAIIDay: 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2022
Moferere:
Eric Bailly should put it in proper perspective.

Manchester United should avoid favouring Harry McGuire.

Simple! grin

You forgot to mention Luke Shaw grin

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Festus 'Adegboye' Onigbinde Files For Divorce From Wife For Being Violent / Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes / Onuachu Wins Ebony Shoe Award For Best African Player In Belgium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.