Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! (11799 Views)

Who Can Thank MTN For Me / MTN Network Back In Numan & Adamawa State! Thank God. Borno, Yobe Any News? (2) (3) (4)

Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by omafones: 2:21am On Aug 10, 2011
As many of you now know Apple has finally recognized Nigeria in their iTunes Store.

I have now registered for iTunes in Nigeria, using my Nigerian address, email address and a Nigerian registered visa debit card. i have even bought a .99c app using my Nigerian debit card - took only a few minutes.

However I don't seem to be able to find any music for sale. There are loads of books, there Nigerian themed apps and other more traditional apps, but i can't find any music. Even when i search my the name of the artist all i get is books or apps about the artist, no music and neither are there any films.

Am I missing something here? has anyone out there used the Nigerian iTunes? what is your experience.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by omafones: 10:19am On Aug 10, 2011
using my Nigerian based Apple ID, I attempted to buy an App from iTunes US, I got a message saying only valid in Nigeria BUT the transaction still went ahead and I have purchased the US based App.

any comments or experiences would be appreciated
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by buzugee(m): 11:34am On Aug 10, 2011
do they sell ipods in nigeria ? how much do they go for
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by omafones: 11:50am On Aug 10, 2011
Yes, you can get iPods in Nigeria officially from Apple store on Ozumba Mabadiwe, VI. or from independent dealers such as ourselves, they start from about N65k up to about N100k for iPod Touch 64gb
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by buzugee(m): 11:52am On Aug 10, 2011
omafones:

Yes, you can get iPods in Nigeria officially from Apple store on Ozumba Mabadiwe, VI. or from independent dealers such as ourselves, they start from about N65k up to about N100k for iPod Touch 64gb
thanks. nigeria is definitely the place to be. wow. ipods in naija ?niceeeee
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by buzugee(m): 11:54am On Aug 10, 2011
hold up 65,000 naira ?? isnt that like 650 dollars shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked dayummmmmmmmmmm are you for real ?
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by omafones: 12:10pm On Aug 10, 2011
Get your exchange rate right; N165 to $1 N65k = $400 dollars approx, you can probably get cheaper depending on gigs.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by buzugee(m): 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2011
$400. thats much better tongue undecided
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by Mobinga: 12:32pm On Aug 10, 2011
Of what use is Itunes in Nigeria?
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by Joagbaje(m): 12:54pm On Aug 10, 2011
omafones:

As many of you now know Apple has finally recognized Nigeria in their iTunes Store.

I have now registered for iTunes in Nigeria, using my Nigerian address, email address and a Nigerian registered visa debit card. i have even bought a .99c app using my Nigerian debit card - took only a few minutes.

However I don't seem to be able to find any music for sale. There are loads of books, there Nigerian themed apps and other more traditional apps, but i can't find any music. Even when i search my the name of the artist all i get is books or apps about the artist, no music and neither are there any films.

Am I missing something here? has anyone out there used the Nigerian iTunes? what is your experience.

Thank you so much for this. I have been waiting for this for many years. Does that mean we can get all those other applications, games , audio books etc
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by shadrach77: 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2011
this is very silly! how did it make it to the front page?  shocked shocked - itunes is an international organisation and has always been available to all countries including Nigeria - just because you (the poster) was not aware of this does not negate the fact - moreso, there are several Nigerian artistes on itunes including Paul Dairo, King Sunny Ade, 9ice, Femi Kuti, Tosin Martins etc.  angry angry cool
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2011
buzugee:

thanks. nigeria is definitely the place to be. wow. ipods in naija ?niceeeee

You're a mugu,

shadrach77:

this is very silly! how did it make it to the front page?  shocked shocked - itunes is an international organisation and has always been available to all countries including Nigeria - just because you (the poster) was not aware of this does not negate the fact - moreso, there are several Nigerian artistes on itunes including Paul Dairo, King Sunny Ade, 9ice, Femi Kuti, Tosin Martins etc.  angry angry cool

shit before you clean yansh
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by buzugee(m): 1:13pm On Aug 10, 2011
musKeeto:

You're a mugu,

poo before you clean yansh
you dont say
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by omafones: 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2011
@Shadrack
this is very silly! how did it make it to the front page?    - itunes is an international organisation and has always been available to all countries including Nigeria - just because you (the poster) was not aware of this does not negate the fact - moreso, there are several Nigerian artistes on itunes including Paul Dairo, King Sunny Ade, 9ice, Femi Kuti, Tosin Martins etc

Sorry Shadrack I beg to differ ( I am not silly), lot's Nigerian music has been available on iTunes for years yes, but Nigeria along with many other countries did not have a itunes officially available to then in their own countries. Many Nigerians had to register with iTunes in UK or US in order to place orders or download content.

The gurus with IT/ software/ etc found ways around this. Many people even suggested it was because of prevalent fraud in Nigeria that iTunes was not available in Nigeria (personally i disagreed with the reason).

Now Apple (as has been posted on Nairaland by other posters) in the past few weeks have added Nigeria to the list of countries where iTunes can be officially downloaded and Nigerian customers can buy apps, etc with the Nigerian issued bank cards.

However many people may not wish to use this service because they are confident enough to use jailbroken devices and can get their content elsewhere and possibly cheaper or even free, but of us who do not have such skills will be content to use iTunes now available in Nigeria.

However as mentioned earlier I haven't seen any music or movies on the Nigerian iTunes site, any clues///
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2011
omafones:

@Shadrack
[color=#006600][/color]

Sorry Shadrack I beg to differ ( I am not silly), lot's Nigerian music has been available on iTunes for years yes, but Nigeria along with many other countries did not have a itunes officially available to then in their own countries. Many Nigerians had to register with iTunes in UK or US in order to place orders or download content.

The gurus with IT/ software/ etc found ways around this. Many people even suggested it was because of prevalent fraud in Nigeria that iTunes was not available in Nigeria (personally i disagreed with the reason).

Now Apple (as has been posted on Nairaland by other posters) in the past few weeks have added Nigeria to the list of countries where iTunes can be officially downloaded and Nigerian customers can buy apps, etc with the Nigerian issued bank cards.

However many people may not wish to use this service because they are confident enough to use jailbroken devices and can get their content elsewhere and possibly cheaper or even free, but of us who do not have such skills will be content to use iTunes now available in Nigeria.

However as mentioned earlier I haven't seen any music or movies on the Nigerian iTunes site, any clues///

Free 'deliverance from ignorance' session,

buzugee:

you dont say

You don hear,
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by quest003: 1:26pm On Aug 10, 2011
@shadrak
abeg go sit down, itunes has always been in nigeria" since wen?  And wats bad in bringing dis to knwldge of d public jst lyk d poster did and the admin posting it on the front page cos i'm sure nig wasnt on its list countries and if it has been before now i'm very sure majority aint aware of dis dvlpmnt, thus its worth beign on d frnt page. Come 2 think of it, u said itunes has been availble in all countries, u probably dnt evn have an inklin on wat is beign discusd here, mr knowall, so go and sleep or slip
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by KAYD007(m): 1:34pm On Aug 10, 2011

wetin be apple store, ?
wetin be apple musik?
na wetin be apple application?

went to d market,bought a crate of apple, cld not
find d store inside the apple crate,sliced open an apple
to listen to its musik, but no sound came out, thot
the seeds inside cld be d application?, but wht d hecK?

what da hell ya pple talkin about, angry

Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by Yinkay: 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2011
This is good news, used to wonder why Nigeria is not on the list of countries from drop down menu on iTunes. Many iPad,iPhones user have problem registering without using a foreign address and cannot use Nigerian banks issued Visa/ MasterCard cards.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by ogbongzky(m): 2:37pm On Aug 10, 2011
yeah man. I submitted my tokenized GTB Naira Mastercard last week and was accepted when I registered, though am yet to buy from the store. still loving all the free apps am downloading to my iPad now.

If you need any free app for your iPad, just let me know. will be sharing more tips with regards to iPad on my blog.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by amblors(m): 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2011
that "itunes" software is the most "useless" software i have used.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by ogbongzky(m): 4:08pm On Aug 10, 2011
amblors:

that "itunes" software is the most "useless" software i have used.

Why? Me likey, very easy for me to download iTunes U and Podcasts FREE of charge from it. The Search bar is just too cool for me
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by amblors(m): 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2011
^^^it may be settings i have on the software, i don't know, but once i type in the search bar, it starts searching, for every letter I input, crazy stuff.
yea the podcasts are free, thats about the only plus for me, bin a while i used it, download podcasts on mi phone. a whole lot less stress.

I use Ovi Suite from Nokia, i thought this was the most horrible piece of software i have used until i met Itunes.
slow stuff, buggy, updates like every week that take a long time to update, abeg the trouble too much.

if you enjoy it its aite, dont let me cynicism spoil your fun.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by laidback(m): 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2011
YES! YES!! YES!!!!!!! ooops, I'm sorry. *clears throat a walks away*
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by djcandy(m): 9:33am On Aug 14, 2011
Yay!! Finally!! I was so pissed to get back and find that Nigeria wasn't among the countries listed (i'm talking about January). Good to know that now, in August, we're "among". Going now to open a whole new account on iTunes (Nigeria), I think it's better that way than using my former UK account. Wipe the slate clean grin grin grin
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by ragdollz: 12:15am On Aug 15, 2011
omafones:

Yes, it's embarrassing that there is no music on the Nigerian iTunes store, I mean wth?? Are they saying we are app-crazy?? Downloaded as many freebies as I can. I heard that they are handling the copyright issues that's why there is no music yet. Nigeria and bureaucracy, they must be holding things up trying to get the best out of the deal.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by ogbongzky(m): 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2011
I finally used my GTB Naira Mastercard to purchase an app from the sore for just $1.99 GTB rocks mehn
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by ragdollz: 11:05pm On Aug 16, 2011
ogbongzky:

I finally used my GTB Naira Mastercard to purchase an app from the sore for just $1.99 GTB rocks mehn

undecided undecided undecided undecided

Any "Visa" card in Nigeria can do that (ie a simple ATM card for a Savings Acct can get you stuff on iTunes if it's got Visa) Standard. You should say, "iTunes rocks" for accepting any kind of payment system in Naija tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by tpia5: 11:08pm On Aug 16, 2011
shadrach77:

this is very silly! how did it make it to the front page? shocked shocked - itunes is an international organisation and has always been available to all countries including Nigeria - just because you (the poster) was not aware of this does not negate the fact - moreso, there are several Nigerian artistes on itunes including Paul Dairo, King Sunny Ade, 9ice, Femi Kuti, Tosin Martins etc. angry angry cool

that's because they're marketed abroad as well.

and more established.

i havent checked but you'll probably find onyeka, ebenezer obey, etc on itunes too.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by tpia5: 11:09pm On Aug 16, 2011
@ topic

interesting.

i'll like to see how it goes in the nigerian market.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by n3rve(m): 3:17am On Aug 17, 2011
Meh, nothing to get all excited about tongue
(yeah, I'm the wet blanket -_-)

-[n3rve]
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by ragdollz: 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2011
[n3rve]:

Meh, nothing to get all excited about tongue
(yeah, I'm the wet blanket -_-)

-[n3rve]

Hmm. Only folks who don't know the value of iTunes would say this. If you had any love for music, you'd be glad. I know it's easy to download free stuff off the internet, but iTunes has a lot of features that make your listening experience worthwhile. And if you're lucky to own an iPhone or an iPod, then without iTunes you're just holding a shell. I've got hundreds of apps to do with productivity, reference, entertainment, music, photography, religion and books etc which I could only have gotten from iTunes - and now I've got the whole world in my pocket. They have lots of freebies too, especially during Christmas. So your wet blanket is on YOU, no one else tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by tpia5: 3:30pm On Aug 17, 2011
i want to see how it will affect the nigerian market and also how stuff like copyrights, etc will be handled because currently artistic output is unregulated.

so how will they make a profit when piracy is the order of the day.

will like to know how it goes.

Please I Need Serious Help On This Oraimo 27000mah Power Bank / MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million / Gionee CONTROL V1 Android Phone Specification

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54