Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong (15478 Views)

Judge Sends Inibehe Effiong To Prison For Defending Leo Ekpenyong / Withdraw Honour Award From Abba Kyari - Inibehe Effiong Tells House Of Reps / The Illegality Of The Suspension Of The CJN:20 Points To Note By Inibehe Effiong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by id4sho(m): 10:05pm On Sep 07, 2022
wink
Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by Hidentity(m): 10:20pm On Sep 07, 2022
His seeming disagreement and friction with everybody might be a pointer that he actually needs to check himself too. I noticed how he made reference to not making advances to someone's wife. What kind of disrespectful and irresponsible reference is that?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by lhordspy: 10:24pm On Sep 07, 2022
I dont believe this guy actually. He sounds and seems too pompous and of big Ego. Only one man cant have issues with these lot of people without having a very bad character himself.

But asides that, if whatever he recounted as his experience in the Nigerian correctional facility is actually true THEN Nigeria is finished,Gone,beyond redemption. And it is such a very sad situation for our dear country supposedly Giant of Africa.

Note i repeat - Nigeria correctional facilities NOT the court(because i still feel he his wrong addressing the chief judge wrongly 'in her court'.

God knows better. And posperity will judge everyone accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by broadman20: 10:27pm On Sep 07, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
noise

you know the rule of the court but you still went on to break it.

contempt of court and disrespect of the judge is a a no-no in every court all over the world

It would have been better if God has made a donkey out of you.

People like you is the reason why the black man is called a monkey.

So indecent, unexposed and stupid. Please try as much as you can to get out of Nigeria and get a decent life for yourself.

Oh my God!

11 Likes

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by FILEBE(m): 10:35pm On Sep 07, 2022
Winters23:
I hope you learnt your lessons, next time conduct yourself like a learned fellow that you are. The next time you commits contempt of court i will recommend debarring your azz.

And please stop claiming prisoner of conscience like some of your fellow ex-con like to parade themselves.

Na wa o. You can say this? When it happens to you , you will start crying foul. How can you wish such for someone who you don't know?
Lord. I fear una o. You people are just wicked

9 Likes

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by moshino(m): 10:37pm On Sep 07, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
noise

contempt of court and disrespect of the judge is a a no-no in every court all over the world

What did he do that legally amounted to contempt of court, and disrespect of the judge?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by eeetuk(m): 10:40pm On Sep 07, 2022
p"me. I said my lord, I have also observed the presence of two mobile policemen inside the courtroom with AK47s, and that even though I was not ordinarily intimidated by their presence, that their presence had created hostility in the courtroom and made it hard for me to continue with the day’s proceeding. I urged my lord to order them to leave the courtroom, as they had no business bringing AK47 inside the courtroom. My lord reacted furiously to my observation. I then informed the court that I was now making it as a formal application, in which case the court had to deliver a ruling one way or the other. Immediately I said that I was formally applying for the policemen to be excused from the courtroom, my lord picked a pen and started writing. I thought my lord was taking notes of my submissions, not knowing it was my committal order that was being written"

The way Inibehe Effiong confronted the judge in her court room was rude. And it appears to me that Mr. Effiong shows very little respect to the judge because she was a woman----and I hope not. How the court room is organized is for the sitting judge to decide, not a lawyer representing a client. And who is the court room with guns is at the discretion of the judge, and not a lawyer representing his client.

At first when I read the news of Inihebe Effiong been mistreated, I supported Mr. Effiong because I did not hear from both sides. Now that Mr. Effiong has spoken , I found his claim of victimization by the court to be an attempt to smear the judge.

In fact, Mr. Effiong was rude during the court preceedings. Just listen his counter punch above. He should stop his smear tactics and send a letter of apology to that judge in Uyo courtroom, full stop. Respect the authority!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by Panda7(m): 10:48pm On Sep 07, 2022
blame the ego bloated so called nigerian public leaders who can't even lead their household and have probably been pampered all their lifetime
Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by Goldmaxx(f): 10:50pm On Sep 07, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
noise

I can't believe people like you are saying this. Because it's a faceless forum?
Can you say this on Facebook?

3 Likes

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by Rebuke: 10:54pm On Sep 07, 2022
Pells:
Do you expect to be pampered in the jungle??
Be a man and don't come outside crying out like a sissy bìtçh
Men nowadays are becoming very weak embarassed embarassed embarassed
To be a man ain't easy,,,
Don't be a püssy nigga

slowpoke, yhu should b so ashamed of yhurself. I am sure yhu didn't even read 5% of the post. Yhu are such a waste of space.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by Ubongdemaga: 10:57pm On Sep 07, 2022
Issorite
Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by Ge0rgeN0ra: 10:59pm On Sep 07, 2022
Goldmaxx:
I can't believe people like you are saying this. Because it's a faceless forum?
Can you say this on Facebook?
if you don't know anything my friend keep quiet

1 Like

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by luizpippo(m): 11:00pm On Sep 07, 2022
Hidentity:
His seeming disagreement and friction with everybody might be a pointer that he actually needs to check himself too. I noticed how he made reference to not making advances to someone's wife. What kind of disrespectful and irresponsible reference is that?

You had no problem with the ex AG making disparaging comments about the guy while he was still in prison.
Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by Goldmaxx(f): 11:00pm On Sep 07, 2022
FILEBE:

Na wa o. You can say this? When it happens to you , you will start crying foul. How can you wish such for someone who you don't know?
Lord. I fear una o. You people are just wicked
An average Nigerian is very wicked and totalitarian. Little wonder we keep getting this kind of leaders. Some of these urchins hide behind nairaland to spew hatred because there's no check to tribalism and hate speech here.

Inasmuch that the guy might have spiced up his story to look a bit palatable and may have temperament issues, he has every right to be angry likewise every Nigerian. I don't see how anything he laid down ain't relatable.

Corruption is all over the world but in Nigeria, people openly do things without fear of repercussions. It's has being institutionalized.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by Goldmaxx(f): 11:04pm On Sep 07, 2022
eeetuk:
p"me. I said my lord, I have also observed the presence of two mobile policemen inside the courtroom with AK47s, and that even though I was not ordinarily intimidated by their presence, that their presence had created hostility in the courtroom and made it hard for me to continue with the day’s proceeding. I urged my lord to order them to leave the courtroom, as they had no business bringing AK47 inside the courtroom. My lord reacted furiously to my observation. I then informed the court that I was now making it as a formal application, in which case the court had to deliver a ruling one way or the other. Immediately I said that I was formally applying for the policemen to be excused from the courtroom, my lord picked a pen and started writing. I thought my lord was taking notes of my submissions, not knowing it was my committal order that was being written"

The way Inibehe Effiong confronted the judge in her court room was rude. And it appears to me that Mr. Effiong shows very little respect to the judge because she was a woman----and I hope not. How the court room is organized is for the sitting judge to decide, not a lawyer representing a client. And who is the court room with guns is at the discretion of the judge, and not a lawyer representing his client.

At first when I read the news of Inihebe Effiong been mistreated, I supported Mr. Effiong because I did not hear from both sides. Now that Mr. Effiong has spoken , I found his claim of victimization by the court to be an attempt to smear the judge.

In fact, Mr. Effiong was rude during the court preceedings. Just listen his counter punch above. He should stop his smear tactics and send a letter of apology to that judge in Uyo courtroom, full stop. Respect the authority!
Why should the judge bring in Policemen armed to the teeth into an ongoing session if not for intimidation?
Why couldn't they lay their weapons or stand outside the court room?
Nigerians given little power would wanna abuse it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by Goldmaxx(f): 11:07pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ge0rgeN0ra:
if you don't know anything my friend keep quiet
I don't wanna engage in slow pokes like you. Until you get served you won't know the taste.
I still repeat... A lot of things people say here, they can't think of it on open platforms like Facebook and Instagram.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 07, 2022
Hmm, thank God you came out alive, at least you know the correctional system isn't working.
Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by koresh: 11:27pm On Sep 07, 2022
Pells:
Don't be a püssy nigga

You shall experience Nigeria prison one day by God Grace and you will also be innocent if the crime that will take you to prison only then you will understand that dogs are fed more than human being in Nigeria prison. Shame to you and all zoo leaders called Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by Hidentity(m): 11:27pm On Sep 07, 2022
luizpippo:

You had no problem with the ex AG making disparaging comments about the guy while he was still in prison.

I don't dwell on speculations and hearsay. I held unto what he said himself. I didn't see the said AG or hear him say what he was alleged to have said. This guy is belligerent and any honest person would see that from his words and approach.

1 Like

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by koresh: 11:33pm On Sep 07, 2022
Everything he said is actually happening in Nigeria correctional center, have been there thank God I only spent 31 days. I cannot feed my dog at home what Nigeria correctional center feeds human being. The first day I saw the food, I cried and almost vomit. Honestly Nigeria prison not correctional center is a curse. No warder go make heaven.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by damiloladuke: 11:37pm On Sep 07, 2022
Pells:
Don't be a püssy nigga

It won't be bad if you could go to a police station tomorrow and assault an officer.

You would of course have the chance to display your bravery afterwards, both at the station and at the prison

2 Likes

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by apiski(m): 11:48pm On Sep 07, 2022
Pells:
Don't be a püssy nigga

I have a 99.9% presumption that you did not read the post to the end. Learn how not to be a lazy Nigerian youth who is lethagic always in reading but swift to comment just for the purpose of gathering likes.

6 Likes

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by AmazingELixir: 12:00am On Sep 08, 2022
grin

Reading the comments of virtually everyone that had penned down post here, simply establishes that most people on this platform don't read before they jump in to comment.

The incarcerated lawyer's interview is eye opening and very revealing...I encourage you all to read through all the thread.

Nigeria needs help in all facets of her national life and particularly a radical overhaul of her criminal justice system.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by baba4thegehs: 12:08am On Sep 08, 2022
Judge obviously tried to intimidate him with the armed police, I feel like the corruption in the justice system is one problem that needs to be addressed I this country. It's so ineffective and corrupt!

Udom might even be bankrolling this judge as such she protects his interests Definitely the case here.

Terrible experience mehn

5 Likes

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by Enkidu70: 12:25am On Sep 08, 2022
Nigeria lawyers will avoid this thread, not knowing it's a breakfast buffet...na every citizen go chop belleful
Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by drealcivilceno(m): 1:00am On Sep 08, 2022
Pells:
Don't be a püssy nigga

Oga you go reach that place too ooh!

2 Likes

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by drealcivilceno(m): 1:00am On Sep 08, 2022
Winters23:
I hope you learnt your lessons, next time conduct yourself like a learned fellow that you are. The next time you commits contempt of court i will recommend debarring your azz.

And please stop claiming prisoner of conscience like some of your fellow ex-con like to parade themselves.

Mumu talk

2 Likes

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by DanieleLorenzo: 1:50am On Sep 08, 2022
Omo, I read everything thing ooh.

The fact that he subbed Udom's PDP government and Bubu's APC government shows that he is politically unbiased.

Things that people in positions of power do are best imagined.

1 Like

Re: My Prison Torture Experience By Inibehe Effiong by Adedeji3764(m): 2:43am On Sep 08, 2022
D_Pretty_Couture

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insecurity: Tension Mounts In Imo, Abia, Rivers / Like P&ID, Like Accugas? Nigeria In Trouble Over Another Sloppy Gas Deal / Fuel Scarcity Hits Oke Ogun, Leaves Commuters Stranded At Bus Stops (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.