Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,322 members, 7,780,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:36 PM

Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London (1921 Views)

Bike Rider Spotted Towing An 18-Seater Bus With His Motorcycle In Lagos (Video) / Motorcycle Ride To IBEJULEKKI / Motorcyclist Used CD As The Side Mirror For His Motorcycle In Ondo State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Shagati(m): 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2022
Howdy folks!

It has been quite a while since any significant post from this Nairalander.

It is that time of the decade where the stars of an itchy bum and the need for adventure have aligned with the moons of time, gusto and resource availability.

We will be embarking on an epic adventure along the lines of the one in the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1461211/road-trip-motorcycle-lagos-accra#18496548

This time however, cities touched will be several times more than the aforementioned Lagos-Cotonou-Lome-Accra.

Are you ready? Then stay tuned and watch this space wink smiley
Get the live action @segzaj on IG while I come back here on my rest days to give a comprehensive report.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Shagati(m): 7:37pm On Sep 07, 2022
There are numerous elements to planning a trip like this.
There is the bike and bike preparation - tyres, fluids, ensure and service all electrical/mechanicals etc.
Also nourishment during the ride, energy bars, hydration (water/electrolyte).
The gear! - You want to make sure you have comfortable clothing that will withstand the various weather conditions that will be encountered along the route - Rain, dust, high and low temperatures and the like.
DOCUMENTATION - This is probably the biggest element here. . . . Oh! we haven't divulged the destination yet smiley
Ok let us hold on with the documentation for now angry

In this post, we will spotlight on the gear:

Jacket - RICHA Touareg 2 jacket (3 season riding jacket that can tackle all but cold winters)
Helmet - ICON Airflite 4 Horsemen full face helmet. (Not the best for touring as it does not offer the flexibility of a modular helmet which can be flipped up either for nourishment or engaging people but hey, it is what we have)
Pants - BMW Summer 2 pants
Boots - SIDI Aria Goretex boots (waterproof and breathable)
Gloves - one vented pair and another waterproof/Goretex pair

Inner wear will be explained later

2 Likes

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Shagati(m): 7:37pm On Sep 07, 2022
Essential tool kit for any "in the wilderness maintenance".

These tools cover any emergency work that may be required to get moving again where there is no assistance. From dismantling fairings for access to inner bits to tyre removal etc.

Selected tools are specific to the Africa Twin and pointers have been gotten from Africa Twin owners that have ridden the world.

The kit is made up of pliers, screwdrivers, hex key tools, spanners (ring and flat), sockets, wrenches and extensions.

2 Likes

Documentation

This is the big one! For this trip, (Sablexxxtoons please pay attention here) we would need:
4 visas,
5 different motorcycle insurance (Nigeria, ECOWAS, Mauritania, Schengen and UK)
60 copies of Fiche (Google can help here)
International driving licence
Yellow card
Covid certificate
Health insurance.

In addition, we are looking at:
40 nights on the road
36 border formalities
6 currencies
2 sets of tyres (minimum)
2 scheduled bike maintenance

2 Likes

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Shagati(m): 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2022
Subsequent matters

1 Like

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Sablexxxtoons: 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2022
Bro loan me a bike and i can be the media coverage guy.. i can ride.. operate gopros and fly a drone..

Everyone with cam gadgets they don't know gow to use well eg (drone) can give them to me and i handle all the coverage and edit it into one piece

This sounds epic

1 Like

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by glade319(m): 7:53pm On Sep 07, 2022
Space booked
Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by kingreign(m): 8:00pm On Sep 07, 2022
Spec booked!
@shagati, Boss I greet you!
Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Airborne02(m): 7:23am On Sep 08, 2022
Who dey sell popcorn n zobo... Grabs front seat grin grin.. Sgagati i greet o

1 Like

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by checkmatez: 9:39am On Sep 08, 2022
Observing
Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by MedicH: 10:42am On Sep 08, 2022
Lagos to London anybody? My papa Bajaj way he say na my inheritance de work well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by aieromon(m): 1:33pm On Sep 08, 2022
Best of luck...
Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Shagati(m): 5:14pm On Sep 08, 2022
Sablexxxtoons:
Bro loan me a bike and i can be the media coverage guy.. i can ride.. operate gopros and fly a drone..

Everyone with cam gadgets they don't know gow to use well eg (drone) can give them to me and i handle all the coverage and edit it into one piece

This sounds epic

Not quite that straightforward sir. We are talking several 100s, maybe 1000s of kilometers plus a few more complications.

2 Likes

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Shagati(m): 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2022
kingreign:
Spec booked!
@shagati, Boss I greet you!

How now? Been a minute grin
Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Shagati(m): 5:16pm On Sep 08, 2022
Airborne02:
Who dey sell popcorn n zobo... Grabs front seat grin grin.. Sgagati i greet o
Greeting you right back Eagle 1

1 Like

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Shagati(m): 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2022
MedicH:
Lagos to London anybody? My papa Bajaj way he say na my inheritance de work well.
This is doable na!
And yes, on a 100cc Bajaj
Lots of preparation required but I'm sure someone can do it. cool

1 Like

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Shagati(m): 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2022
aieromon:
Best of luck...

Thanks buddy. I will need it

1 Like

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Grupo(m): 5:28pm On Sep 08, 2022
Following.
Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Airborne02(m): 5:46pm On Sep 08, 2022
Shagati:

Greeting you right back Eagle 1
when are we starting the trip oo i want follow...

1 Like

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by nurey(m): 6:08pm On Sep 08, 2022
Not for me can't come and develop backache grin

2 Likes

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by kingreign(m): 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2022
Shagati:

How now? Been a minute grin
Boss I am fine. smiley Yes, it’s been a minute. How’s everything Sir?
Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by kingreign(m): 7:44pm On Sep 08, 2022
Airborne02:
when are we starting the trip oo i want follow...

I just love that cruiser. Isn’t that a Harley Davidson V-Rod?

2 Likes

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Airborne02(m): 11:14pm On Sep 08, 2022
nurey:
when u come madam will massage with hot water na kapish

1 Like

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Sablexxxtoons: 9:24am On Sep 09, 2022
Shagati:

Not quite that straightforward sir. We are talking several 100s, maybe 1000s of kilometers plus a few more complications.

I know its not a typical request.. but we (bikers) arent typical people are we? We are the big dreamers

I think i have the experience and ability to safely go many many k's in all conditions and temperaments of weather.. furthest rides ive done inlude Epe, deep into Ikorodu, badagry.. i would be ok with anything up to a 600.. based on my experience

I asked because of my true passion for this sport/hobby and who knows, the motorcycle gods might touch your heart,, (i know u have a spare or knows someone who does)

I would be willing to undergo any riding ability tests and sreening of character tests.

Sir do you follow Motpgp ? arent you excited about the new Yamahas' performance at the Misano test?

2 Likes

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Kirkman: 12:53pm On Sep 09, 2022
Oga Shagati opened thread and I have been sleeping since. Lemme wake up o!

1 Like

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by richmondefosa(m): 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2022
The return of Shagati grin

Your first documented trip made me follow you.
I await this trip.
Great to have you back by the way. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Shagati(m): 10:51pm On Sep 09, 2022
nurey:

No be you again? tongue
Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Shagati(m): 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2022
Sablexxxtoons:

I know its not a typical request.. but we (bikers) arent typical people are we? We are the big dreamers
My objection will be clearer over the next few days. grin

2 Likes

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Shagati(m): 11:39pm On Sep 09, 2022
Kirkman:
Oga Shagati opened thread and I have been sleeping since. Lemme wake up o!
grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Shagati(m): 11:39pm On Sep 09, 2022
richmondefosa:
The return of Shagati grin

Your first documented trip made me follow you.
I await this trip.
Great to have you back by the way. smiley

Welcome bro

3 Likes

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by azpekuliar: 6:16am On Sep 10, 2022
Shagati:
Howdy folks!

It has been quite a while since any significant post from this Nairalander.

It is that time of the decade where the stars of an itchy bum and the need for adventure have aligned with the moons of time, gusto and resource availability.

We will be embarking on an epic adventure along the lines of the one in the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1461211/road-trip-motorcycle-lagos-accra#18496548

This time however, cities touched will be several times more than the aforementioned Lagos-Cotonou-Lome-Accra.

Are you ready? Then stay tuned and watch this space wink smiley

���

Long time boss. I started riding a few months after your thread on your Lagos - Accra group ride. December 2013 precisely. Following keenly.

3 Likes

Re: Transnational Motorcycle Ride - Lagos To London by Shagati(m): 2:00pm On Sep 13, 2022
Check gear update in post #2 above

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corolla Vs Civic Vs Jetta / Toyota Big For Nothing Or EOD, Which Should I Buy / My G500 Refused To Start After Pumping The Tires, Can Somebody Help???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.