Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Questions And Answers For House Help Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Questions And Answers For House Help Interview (464 Views)

NDLEA Recruitment: Past Questions And Answers For Recruitment Test: Download Her / Help!!! Interview Invitation. / Latest Nigeria Current Affairs Questions And Answers For Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Questions And Answers For House Help Interview by Hacene(m): 9:13pm On Sep 07, 2022

Before hiring you, the employer needs to determine that you are the perfect fit for the job and can jell in well. This article discusses 25 of the common questions asked for a housekeeping position and will help you prepare for the interview.

1. Briefly Describe Yourself
I am a passionate and dedicated housekeeper with years of experience in both hotel and household housekeeping. However, I have worked in households longer than hotels. I am excellent at cleaning the floors, dusting and wiping surfaces, and changing linen. I can also scrub bathroom floors very well and clear snow from the outdoor areas.

2. How Did You Know About this Opening in Our House?
I was interested in a job with a similar position and was, therefore, on the lookout for advertisements in newspapers or malls. I came upon the notice you had put up in Junction Mall looking for a housekeeper, and decided to get in touch with you.

3. What are Some of the Duties and Responsibilities of a Housekeeper?
A housekeeper’s duties include cleaning allocated areas, dusting and wiping surfaces, changing linens, removing trash, scrubbing bathrooms and sinks, vacuuming carpets, and cleaning windows. Depending on the employer, there may be other additional duties and responsibilities. Let me also mention that I am willing to perform tasks outside the defined job scope if my employer calls upon me to help them out.

Video Player is loading.This is a modal window.The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.
Why Should We Hire You? 5 Best Answers
4. Why Do You Think You Are the Best Choice Out of All the Candidates?
I do not know much about the other candidates, but I believe that my skills and competence levels match the qualifications you are looking for. If given a chance, I will help make things easier in your household and you will get to enjoy a cleaner and fresher house all the time. You do not have to push me around to get things done, which makes me a valuable asset to your home instead of a liability.

5. What Made You Choose to Work as a Housekeeper?

My cleaning skills are exceptional, and I derive joy in making people comfortable in their surroundings by offering a cleaner and fresher environment. The fact that I can perform different maintenance tasks makes me excellent at housekeeping. Since I love cleaning, this is the best job to maximize my skills.

6. Mention Some of Your Strongholds that Keep You Going as a Housekeeper
Organization and patience are my strengths, and they come in handy when engaging with my employers, guests, and clients. My organization skills have enabled me to be better and proficient in housekeeping.

7. How Do You Ensure That You Complete All Assigned Tasks in a Single Day?
With the experience I have gained over the years working as a housekeeper, I have mastered the art of multitasking. I am excellent at prioritizing my workload, ensuring that everything is done at the right time. Whenever I have many tasks lined up for the day, I ensure that I get started as soon as possible. For small jobs that can be done simultaneously, I make sure that I perform them excellently.

8. How Do You Handle Chemical Cleaners?
I am familiar with chemical cleaners and have vast experience using them. To avoid any hazards or accidents, I adhere to all the necessary precautions. Following instructions has never been a problem for me, which has helped me avoid any accidents this far. One of the chemical cleaners that I have used before are ice cleaners.

9. What Would Your Reaction be If You Were Assigned a Task Outside Your Job Description?

I believe that I am a helpful and resourceful person. I gladly fill in for my co-workers whenever they are unable to attend work on that day. Similarly, I willingly help my employer even when the task they require falls outside my scope of work as long as I can deliver.

[VIDEO] Top 25 Housekeeping Interview Questions with Sample Answers: ► Subscribe for more useful videos

10. How Do You Handle Criticism from Your Employer? Tell Me About a Time You Got Criticized
I take criticisms positively and see them as an opportunity to learn and get better at my job. During my first month of work as a housekeeper, my supervisor criticized me for dusting the surfaces but leaving them stained. I took that as positive feedback and learned how to polish the surfaces after wiping, leaving them even cleaner.

11. Do You Perform Better Alone or as a Team?
I believe I am an excellent communicator and bond with people pretty fast. These interpersonal skills help me whenever I need to work with a team making me a great and productive team player. On the other hand, I have also mastered the art of working alone, with minimal supervision. I am responsible and take accountability for my actions.

12. How Do You Deal with an Employer Who is Displeased and Dissatisfied with Your Work?

When a client or employer is unhappy with my work, I apologize for the letdown. I then find out what I did wrong and how I can do better to improve my work standards. However, before getting started on the job, I always take time to understand my employer/client and their requirements so that I meet their expectations while working. Therefore, employers are generally pleased with my work.

13. How Will You be Able to Perform Simultaneous Tasks and Ensure That Both are Done Well?
Even though multitasking is my forte, I have to admit that it requires a clear head while working. Therefore, I ensure that I get enough rest before work. This allows me to be present while working, enabling me to multitask mentally as well. This way, I can get even the most demanding tasks done in good time.

14. How Do You Deal with Demanding Clients?
I believe that I am an excellent listener. When I notice that a client is demanding, I do not argue with him/ her. I take time to listen to them first and what their issue might be. Once I have established what makes them unhappy or uncomfortable, I go out of my way to find a way to address that, provided that it is within the policy guidelines and acceptable workplace procedures. However, I have also learnt to avoid demeaning clients over the years.

15. How Do You Handle a Co-Worker with an Inappropriate Behavior?
As part of a bigger team or an organization, I aim to ensure that my team performs well and prospers. I will correct my fellow coworker but if the damage is already done, I will report his/ her behavior from my co-worker to the supervisor to ensure that the organization does not suffer and lose clients. Also, if it is a tiny error, I will correct him/ her and observe if there is any noticeable change.

16. What Do You Consider Your Greatest Weakness?
I am a perfectionist to the core, and while this may be a good thing for a housekeeper, sometimes it’s not. I find myself creating an extreme level of expectation where everything has to be done at the right time and exactly how I want it, which may not be the case all the time, since every job comes with its fair share of challenges. However, I am working on that to ensure that my work is done well but also be easy on myself.

17. What is Your Biggest Strength?
I believe that my biggest strength as a person and housekeeper is my ability to prioritize my workload. This way, I know what should be done first and get to complete every task good time. Multitasking is also an art that I have mastered, and getting better at every day.

18. Why Should We Consider Your Application Out of All the Competent Applicants?
My qualification and skills speak for themselves. I am great at cleaning, dusting, sanitizing, and other household tasks. I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience throughout the years that I have worked in this field, making me a perfect fit.

19. Do You Clash Often with Your Co-Workers or Clients? Tell Me an Incident When one Got Angry with You.
I work harmoniously with others, and rarely have any altercations. However, we are all humans, and sometimes we err. This one time, I was servicing a room for a guest, who later accused me of stealing her jewelry. Later on, the management found out that she had left them near the pool when she went for a swim. The client apologized and even tipped me for the trouble.

20. What Made You Leave Your Former Workplace?
I loved my former workplace since it helped me grow as a person and in my career. However, I felt like I had outgrown the place as it was no longer challenging. I left looking for a place that would offer me new challenges and learning experiences.

21. Do You Think You Have a Keen Eye?
As a housekeeper, having a keen eye is crucial. I pay very close attention to detail and ensure that every corner is cleaned and all surfaces are sparkling. Even the smallest of things need to be cleaned thoroughly to ensure the cleanliness of the whole place in general.

22. What Are the Essential Skills for A Housekeeper?
An excellent housekeeper needs to be a good communicator and possess excellent customer service skills. This job requires one to frequently engage with clients and employees. Communication is vital in revealing the expectations of the clients/employers and ensuring that they are met. Similarly, proper customer service skills ensure that the clients are satisfied with the offerings.

23. Where Do You See Yourself in the Next Two Years?
In the next two years, I will hopefully be working as a supervisor. I intend to work on my leadership skills to equip myself for a more significant role and more responsibilities. I will continue working hard to slowly climb the ladder and get to that position of supervisor or housekeeping manager, which I hope will happen here at your home.

24. What Has Been Your Biggest Achievement So Far in Your Career?
I have had may achievements over the years. However, I once worked in a hotel, and during the peak season, my supervisor asked me to service 12 rooms for a delegation that was arriving in a few hours. I had less rime to get everything done and get ready to receive the guests. I managed to get everything done within a limited time without sourcing for help. It was a bit challenging, but with my multitasking skills, I did it, and our guests checked in to serviced rooms. This warmed my supervisor’s heart, and saw me get rewarded.

25. How Would You React When Required to Work on Your Off Day?
If my services are required on my off day, I would willingly report to work if I had not made any other serious engagements. This is because it is my pleasure to see the workplace prospering with my services. However, we will have to arrange with my employer or supervisor to have push my off day to a future date so that I am not overworked and the number of rest days are met.
I will drop another question and answer from 25 to 45 concerning this topic so make sure you follow me so that you won't miss

I will also post other job interview answers with the most solid questions that will appear when ever you are call for interview

Don't forget to great your new account with Lumi by clicking on my link and get started

(1) (Reply)

An Hr/admin Officer Needed / Selling My App For ₦20k / Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.