Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Why Are Banks In Southern Nigeria Rejecting Old Dilapidated Monies From Customer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Are Banks In Southern Nigeria Rejecting Old Dilapidated Monies From Customer (197 Views)

Banker Friday Ayegba Arrested For Stealing N14.8m From Customer's Account / Kano State Govt Locks Wellcare Supermarket For Rejecting Old Currency / Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Banks In Southern Nigeria Rejecting Old Dilapidated Monies From Customer by bigpicture001: 11:22am On Sep 08, 2022
Served in the. North, Kano precisely.. as I go about day to day businesses, I found out there is a general acceptance of old very weak mostly dilapidated monies across all businesses... In fact I was easily figured out when I started to reject and select monies I was offered..

I got to know that the only thing they watch out for in those notes are the completeness of it's bank numbers.. later I changed and felt comfortable because everyone accepted the monies..

Moving back to southern Nigeria.. even when monies are half as olds and damaged as those in Kano customers reject them.. and when you decide to take them to bank... Banks after banks after banks will all reject them.. this is even if the. Numbers are complete..while the same bank branch accept them in Kano..

So I ask is there different rules for bank in the north and those in the south... Why are southern bank rejection old monies... Where do they want the populace to take them to

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Design Something Exactly Like This / Five Per Cent Telecoms Tax: Desperate Revenue Drive Or Deliberate Wickedness? / Paycedi4naira App Is Available On Playstore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.