Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager (37416 Views)

Graham Potter Has Been Sacked / Vincent Kompany Has Been Appointed As New Manager Of Burnley / Dan Amokachi & Mercy Akide Have Been Appointed To International Football Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by depure(m): 6:42pm On Sep 08, 2022
With the culture in Chelsea why they gave him 5years contract
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by Driwiz(m): 6:43pm On Sep 08, 2022
As a Chelsea coach, you need to have a side hustle in case anything happens ���

1 Like

Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by tunapawizzy: 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2022
Angelfrost:

You would be amazed... Let's wait for his first game in charge.
it would be a pleasant surprise if he can get them to play like serious-minded footballers
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by tunapawizzy: 6:48pm On Sep 08, 2022
depure:
With the culture in Chelsea why they gave him 5years contract
no coach will take that risky job on short-term basis, guy knows he can get sacked next tomorrow, the more years you have left on ur contract, the more the pay-off..........I like the Graham guy, he will do his best but impatience and lack of proper material will make him fail at chelsea, they will sack him, give him better pay-off...with so much money in his account, dude will go and take up another team like brighton where he will have the confidence and support of the decision makers...
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by Devil1Messenger: 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2022
Fiscus105:

Read to understand and comprehend pls. Try not to do gragra to attack.

Chelsea changing coaches and bringing trophies.

Bye
Eyah
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by tunapawizzy: 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2022
Graham is a very intelligent manager. He knows these chelsea players do not have the mentality to carry out the kind of instruction he will give them (press them to recover the ball, run around like crazy, pass through the space, go forward, go forward without giving the ball away)..... I think dude wants to cash out
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by MrJames007: 7:04pm On Sep 08, 2022
Las las dem go still sack am. Sure thang grin
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by OLOKOESHIN: 7:21pm On Sep 08, 2022
Angelfrost:

Every coach was trophy less before they won their first trophy!

Even Pep, Tuchel, Mourinho, Klopp, Ferguson, etc, were all once without silverware!

So, talk another thing!
You've a point
Can Chelsea be that patient with Coach??
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by Angelfrost(m): 7:23pm On Sep 08, 2022
OLOKOESHIN:

You've a point
Can Chelsea be that patient with Coach??

That's the problem....

Hopefully the new owner (Todd Boehly) will give him room and time to grow a proper team!

1 Like

Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by depure(m): 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2022
tunapawizzy:

no coach will take that risky job on short-term basis, guy knows he can get sacked next tomorrow, the more years you have left on ur contract, the more the pay-off..........I like the Graham guy, he will do his best but impatience and lack of proper material will make him fail at chelsea, they will sack him, give him better pay-off...with so much money in his account, dude will go and take up another team like brighton where he will have the confidence and support of the decision makers...
Good luck to him I pray he sees off his contract

1 Like

Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by mceze(m): 7:41pm On Sep 08, 2022
arejibadz:
Nothing go stop Chelsea from relegation this season

Honestly! Very useless management. This team is not a serious.
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by yommen: 7:45pm On Sep 08, 2022
englishmart:
Tuchel was a great coach for Chelsea until complacency set in. I don't blame Boehly at all, nobody will invest that much and stomach any underperformance. Chelsea is a very ambitious club and won't condone any below-par performance. I hope Graham knows what lies ahead. I hope he understands we are not as patient and unambiguous as Arsenal. I wish Graham the best of coaching experience. Ziyech and Pulisic must go.

Normal foolish agbero Chelsea fan
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by tfelicityk(m): 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2022
Congratulations to the Blues
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by BananaPeel(m): 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2022
obembet:
Official, confirmed. Graham Potter has been appointed as new Chelsea manager.

Source: https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/1567886827305975808?t=Z9Wd6BRUGvbCgDh_69iK2A&s=19

Chuck Norris wan coach my team. Wonders shall not end.
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by HolyPussy: 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2022
I pity Aubameyang.

He quickly rushed to Chelsea because of the rapport he had previously with Thomas Tuchel.

But before you can even say Holy Pussy, Thomas is no longer in charge.

His only saving grace now is that he is not really a newcomer to both the Premier League and London.
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by naijapikin2(m): 9:00pm On Sep 08, 2022
Harry potter...
Hope it pans out well for chelsea.
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by Janosky: 9:14pm On Sep 08, 2022
englishmart:
Tuchel was a great coach for Chelsea until complacency set in. I don't blame Boehly at all, nobody will invest that much and stomach any underperformance. Chelsea is a very ambitious club and won't condone any below-par performance. I hope Graham knows what lies ahead. I hope he understands we are not as patient and unambiguous as Arsenal. I wish Graham the best of coaching experience. Ziyech and Pulisic must go.

For your mind!
Thomas Tuchel has not recovered from his acrimonious divorce.
That's the catalyst for the other issues which leads to his dismissal.
The defensive issues would have minimized if the Blues had kept Rudiger.
I had expected him to bring in Depay or Mauro Icardi rather than waste £70m pounds on a 21 year old still learning the ropes.
Las las,na the players no gree play for the Coach.

Like Antonio Rudiger like Pulisic & Ziyech.
The players go ginger their morale.
Just watch and see !
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by Janosky: 9:32pm On Sep 08, 2022
Angelfrost:

That's the problem....

Hopefully the new owner (Todd Boehly) will give him room and time to grow a proper team!
Todd Boehly is Roman Abramovich pro max in terms of Owner Interference.
He pays the bills and expects every Coach to dance to his tune where player signings & acquisition is concerned.
Or
Face the music coming from the exit doors.
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by Segzy19: 10:43pm On Sep 08, 2022
Chelsea's current main problem isn't about coach but about the new players and style of play they have now adopted.

Chelsea has moved away fr its traditional style of play. Can you compare Chelsea of the Drogba time with this one? That time, the Chelsea players were strong physically and skillful as well. Times of Ballack, Anelka, Essien, Terry, Ashley Cole, Malouda, Kalou, Mikel, Drogba, Lampard, Eto, even from the old times of Zola, Hasselbaink. Chelsea players were known to be physically strong.

But now we have all these paper-weight players like Havertz, Chilwell, Mount and co. These ones that defenders will just use use one hand to tap them, and they will just fall down and be looking at referee to blow.
Three of these guys are not up to one Drogba, Eto or Diego Costa in terms of strength.

Anyhow anyhow, Drogba, Costa must score. It doesn't matter whether the goal is neat or not. The ball must sha cross the goal line. It was a physical and rugged thing unlike now that by 70 minutes, the players are tired. It was Chelsea's ruggedness that made them win Barcelona that year at the UCL final.

Chelsea has to go back to its traditional style of play. See how Man City players are strong, physical and skillful as well? Isn't it working for them?
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by Clinghton: 11:12pm On Sep 08, 2022
Welcome, hope you can prove to be better soon.
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by 001spice: 12:47am On Sep 09, 2022
Am a real Chelsea fan but I must confess this guy we are bringing will worsen things I dnt think we will even make top 10 this season
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by 001spice: 12:47am On Sep 09, 2022
Candora:
He looks hot and ready to work.
story
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by dannielight(m): 9:07am On Sep 09, 2022
englishmart:
...[b]unambitious... [/b]

Indeed
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by fredoooooo: 11:43am On Sep 09, 2022
phygo89:

Still he will be missed. Same as sir Alex and Manchester united

Sorry bro , that was a wrong comment .
Na politics I think say i dey .
I'm sorry man
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by Venekconsultt: 12:21pm On Sep 09, 2022
Forget about the form with Brighton early on,I just have this feeling that this man gonna flop!!
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by phygo89(m): 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2022
fredoooooo:

That define you , use ya brain to think and not just to hate .
Guy what's up? Wetin bring all this one nah? You are the true definition of hate.
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by fredoooooo: 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2022
phygo89:

Guy what's up? Wetin bring all this one nah? You are the true definition of hate.
When people stand up to your mad**ness and return same energy ba k to you , you now recognise what you've being dishing out..
It tak3s one to recognise one ...
I don't hate , I won't just allow hate ..
Gone are the days o keep quiet , if you sow hate yiu reap hate from me ...

We're fully ready
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by fredoooooo: 7:32pm On Sep 09, 2022
phygo89:

Still he will be missed. Same as sir Alex and Manchester united
Bro .. I'm really sorry , I mistakenly think I was on politics with one stooopeedd heediot ..
I'M SORR6 MAN
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by phygo89(m): 9:56pm On Sep 09, 2022
fredoooooo:

Bro .. I'm really sorry , I mistakenly think I was on politics with one stooopeedd heediot ..
I'M SORR6 MAN
Cool bro.
Shalom. How ur side?
Re: Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager by Giftedhand47(m): 2:15am On Feb 10
Idzitari1:
Welcome to the pride of London. Is now time to glue jorginho, Pulisic, Ziyach nd Mindy to the bench.

Text me on WhatsApp on 09014566031

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UFC 278: Leon Edwards Defeats Usman Kamaru / Bayern's Gnabry Given Standing Ovation After Four Goals In 7-2 Win (Photos) / Ronaldo Is Building £7million Mansion For His Family's Use When He Retires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.