Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) (23581 Views)

Nigeria’s Refusal To Devalue Naira Likely To Fail, Again - Bloomberg / Rush For T-bills To Weaken Rates At Wednesday's PMA / Zainab Ahmed Says The Nigerian Stock Market Lacks Dept (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by dre11(m): 7:55am On Sep 10, 2022
…Nigeria won’t resort to IMF over fiscal challenges

By Tony Chukwunyem

The Federal Government expects the naira to weaken further over time even after the local currency showed signs of recovering from a record low on Thursday, Bloomberg reported the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, as saying yesterday.

According to the news agency, the minister said in an interview in Egypt that “it (naira depreciation) will happen with time,” without giving any time line.

Ahmed also reportedly ruled out Nigeria taking on an International Monetary Fund (IMF) programme to address the country’s fiscal challenges, which include plummeting revenues and rising debt service costs. The naira gained 0.0367 per cent to N435.84 per dollar on the spot market as of 5:30 p.m. in Lagos on Thursday, after recovering from a record low of N436/$1 to the greenback on Wednesday.

However, on the parallel market yesterday, the local currency dropped to N708 per dollar from N707/$1 on Wednesday. Nigeria maintains multiple exchange rates dominated by a tightly controlled official rate and the unauthorized parallel rate at which many Nigerians get dollars, which is roughly 60 per cent weaker. The World Bank and IMF have urged Nigeria to unify its rates.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/finance-minister-naira-likely-to-weaken-further/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Acidosis(m): 8:19am On Sep 10, 2022
Of course, the naira will weaken further. The most dollarized election in the world is coming up soon in the world's poverty capital. Quite paradoxical that the most affected and oppressed by the poverty plaque are more likely to plunge the country further into poverty and indebtedness by their crass electoral choices and mal-decisions.

189 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 10, 2022
Someone get me off this sinking boat please.
Even it’s to go and be doing male ashewo in the Europe or Dubai, I’m fully in.
How is the average Nigerian now supposed to survive. God save us if Peter Obi doesn’t win.
But even then, is he a magician? The damage to this country seems irreparable as it is.
Vote Peter Obi is all I can say.

159 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by WhizdomXX(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2022
Such a foolish finance minister.
Modified:
Crash the I&e window rate and parallel market rate into 1. Stop the fuel subsidy and improve our current domestic refinery to give pms, ago and dpk output. Stop wasting money in politicking.

120 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by ecolime(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2022
This woman and Emefiele, I no even know who dull pass.

172 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Iliveforever(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2022
this news is not important to us, what’s important is how to mourn our dear beloved queen and let the world know how proud professor Uju Anya is to be a lesbian.

Shameless efulefus.... I changed $1/700 as of Thursday, by December it’ll be $1/1000.

We must get sense by force

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by dynicks(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2022
And she's smiling!!...

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by ichidodo: 9:39am On Sep 10, 2022
idiotic illiterate minister...It's talks like this that actually pulls down the value of the naira. Instead of you to talk up and promote the strength of the naira so that traders and users out there can gain confidence in it.It is to come and spew trash and make everybody's work to improve its strength including your job more difficult... Illiterate Nincompoop.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Viraltrends123: 9:39am On Sep 10, 2022
WhizdomXX:
Such a foolish finance minister.
Why not go take the job if you have a better solution. Do you even know why a currency value appreciates or depreciates. They are always on their bed 24/7 complaining and crying.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2022
2023,should come quick make we see road.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by rusher14: 9:39am On Sep 10, 2022
Country that produces nothing, imports everything wants to have a strong currency.

Many foolish people.

Modified:

Those of you liking my post should know I'm including you if you aren't doing business that imports foreign exchange into the economy.

I'm unapologetic about this.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2022
lol

Una never see anything.

THESE SENSELESS FOOL ANI FOOLS ARE HERE FOR
DESTRUCTION
DIVISION
EMBEZZLEMENT
and
CORRUPTION

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by davodyguy: 9:40am On Sep 10, 2022
This is scary

4 Likes

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by updatechange(m): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2022
Abeg who go teach me yahoo like dis, cos the rate at which this naira keep drowning, I don't think there's anything that can raise it again.

I need dollars abeg I'm serious any yahoo boys in da house?

Cc: slawmir
Damn niggarrr

8 Likes

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by chinedusamson(m): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2022
Las las Nigeria will be sold to the highest bidder

8 Likes

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 10, 2022
and no reason given by this whor.e? We are doomed.

9 Likes

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Naijasermons(f): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2022
angry
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by christejames(m): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2022
Minister of disaster

The worst Minister under this inept administration lipsrsealed

What's the qualifications of this woman sef, which school she go? undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by ogododo: 9:40am On Sep 10, 2022
dre11:
…Nigeria won’t resort to IMF over fiscal challenges

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/finance-minister-naira-likely-to-weaken-further/

He don happen. Dem still want Tinubu to destroy us further.

10 Likes

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Brian47(m): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2022
She get mouth to even talk this thing sef

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by davodyguy: 9:40am On Sep 10, 2022
dynicks:
And she's smiling!!...
Na.

That's a file photo

1 Like

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by dfrost: 9:40am On Sep 10, 2022
angry

Minister of Finance or Minister of Doomsday?

I'm confused cheesy undecided

4 Likes

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by peter8535: 9:41am On Sep 10, 2022
Everyday naira dey weak...Abeg make peter obi can save us

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by ribbit: 9:41am On Sep 10, 2022
Stupid woman and her economic policies.

This is why buhari scored 0 in economy.

Man keeping the likes of emefiele and this useless woman is Madness.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by NaijaSumi: 9:41am On Sep 10, 2022
Thanks for the update Minister. I'm sure you're also ashamed of occupying a position you seem incapable to handle.

Zero delivery so far but you don't want to resign... Continue, your legacy is speaking so very loud Ma

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by CSTRR: 9:41am On Sep 10, 2022
If you like don't vote Peter obi, if you like go and vote a crook for tribe and religion.

That's your cup of tea.

No be me go feed your papa.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by inoki247: 9:41am On Sep 10, 2022
lol we know before as dem don pay doz Airline people na immediately me sef don go change Naira wey dey my hand to USD....

2 Likes

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Joshmoore(m): 9:41am On Sep 10, 2022
Tue Tue! A well meaning minister of finance of a country will never open mouth and say such depressing thing, if it were Fed Powell of US or Christine Lagarde of ECB that says such against their currencies, you know what would be happening now only for saying it out.

The major problem of APC government is sentimental appointments by alignments and it is my turn deals! If not almost member of this government staring from the president to all personal appointees are all substandard and incompetent! Yes, I said so.

Just one country, 54k+ Ghost workers, borrowing money to pay ghost workers, how can that kind of economy work pls?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Kingpele(m): 9:41am On Sep 10, 2022
Useless minister within a very clueless government

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by temitope66(m): 9:41am On Sep 10, 2022
Shame.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by bigdammyj: 9:41am On Sep 10, 2022
Noted.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira Trades At ₦1,730/$ At Parallel Market / Jumia Suffered N53 Billion Loss In 2017 / CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.