Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,841 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church (48347 Views)

My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church / Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Miracle? Share Your Experience(s) / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Menace2Society(m): 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2022
So na only Catholic dey take holy communion?

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Foodie1(m): 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2022
RussellRutherfo:

Birdbrain.

I can play your game for days.
two wrongs don't make a right take your parents for instance grin
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by jojothaiv(m): 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2022
Kindly note that number 2 remain one of the absurdities of modern Christianity, even the Isrealites till date don't have the exact image of Jesus but here we are talking about someone's image we probably don't know but we just assume it is.

And again, I'm kind of tired of the kind of assumptions and conclusions that goes around here, even those who seems to be logical in their thoughts are not exempted.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2022
ScamHunter:
Those that know God truly are those that have rid themselves of physical appurtenances in worship. They worship him in Spirit and in truth.

Well said.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Foodie1(m): 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2022
RussellRutherfo:

You have an entire life to be the first class imbe.cile that you are. Why not take today off?!
grin
your problem is that you are too dumb, stubborn and useless at the same time
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Jashub: 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2022
drololaaof:

You misquote him ' he said once in a while when invited he attend Pentecostal churches '
However the pentecost churches are not what they used to be any longer,holy communion is supposed to be an evening meal and such it should be served not in the day time as commanded by Christ, there are many doctrines being introduced through the back door . His observations is right he report what he saw and noticed.
Oga, the Op is trying to show the readers that modern day Pentecostal churches are trying to adopt Catholicism indirectly. Read his post and see .
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Ofolete: 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

Idolater baal worshipper disguised as a christian.

The symbolism of the Denial of Christ by Peter comes to mind.

Peter being ordained by Christ Himself was warned by Christ that the devil will use him against the brethren.

The symbolism of the denial is testimony of the 3 false churches that will arise before Christ returns.

The cockcrow is symbolic as in the spiritual realm , the chicken is sacrificed before the devil is summoned. This is because the chicken announces the arrival and departure of Satan.

You would be familiar with the now common joke of why the chicken crossed the road to which the answer is : to get to the other side.

That other side is the spiritual realm and that now familiar joke was once a codex used by occult initiates to identify themselves in public and a pass code when entering their lodges.

So when Peter denied Christ , the rooster crowed announcing the presence of the devil.

At the last and final third denial, Peter and Christ eyes locked.

This is symbolic that there will be three false churches and when the final arises , Christ shall return.

The Catholic idolatry religion masquerading as the Church of Christ is the first false church Christ warned Peter and Christians about. The Catholic church was universal.

The second is the national orthodox churches like the Anglican, Presbyterian church, Lutheran, Methodist and the Afro Spiritual churches.

The last and final false church is the Judeo-Masonic American Evangelical false church to which majority of all modern Protestant churches have become corrupted by.

Your catholic church is like the original sinner in the bible. It corrupted the gospel and made man and idolatry worship a focus of the christian faith. The man worship being the satanic papal creed falsely claiming to be descended from Apostle Peter. The pagan worship in the form of the ancient and wide spread fertility goddess as represented by the Madonna is a central theme in your pagan religion.

Can you explain why you bow and pray before an image of the Madonna , worship at the feet of the Pope and ignore Christ totally only to celebrate His death?

The catholic church is pagan and also a death cult that mocks the murder of Christ since the crucifix hangs in your pagan shrine as a mockery to a risen and resurrected Christ.

Heathen Pagan idol worshipper claiming Christian.

You are fighting for penticostal churches instead of Christ Jesus. No one has the power of condemnation except the creator let alone the monopoly of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is for all who believe for there is no church in heaven.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by OLULAW: 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2022
Jashub:
Shut up fool. The op just edited his comment after he saw his blunder.

Keep drinking your tramadol and smoking weed. You’re wasting your top up data credit. Jobless bastard.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Onyi22(f): 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2022
@op what exactly do you want us to do with your observation

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Jashub: 7:03pm On Sep 11, 2022
OLULAW:

Keep drinking your tramadol and smoking weed. You’re wasting your top up data credit. Jobless bastard.
Another young fool with a mobile device grin
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Originalsly: 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2022
Jashub:

This is ignorance at its peak . You went to probably two Pentecostal churches then suddenly came to the conclusion that all Pentecostal churches in the world are like that ...? Na wah for ignorance grin

He never said nor implied all Pentecostal churches are like that. His conclusion is not based on his experience only but also what has been happening in many Pentecostal churches. If you disagree with his comment why not point out and explain your disagreements instead of the name calling?... the usual response from ignorant and tunnel visioned persons who cannot constructively counter a message.

@ topic .... from your write up these are more of break away Catholic churches masquerading as Pentecostals.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Jashub: 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2022
Originalsly:

He never said nor implied all Pentecostal churches are like that. His conclusion is not based on his experience only but also what has been happening in many Pentecostal churches. If you disagree with his comment why not point out and explain your disagreements instead of the name calling?... the usual response from ignorant and tunnel visioned persons who cannot constructively counter a message.

@ topic .... from your write up these are more of break away Catholic churches masquerading as Pentecostals.
First read his post before engaging me with your own version of stupidity . In case you missed his point, look at the screenshot I sent .

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by MasterJayJay: 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2022
Shugargal:

Why this Hail Mary prayer pain you non Catholics so much? You can't love and adore my son and hate me the mother, haba na! Please educate me.
You mean the Bible hates Mary? Or Jesus hates Mary?

One verse in the Bible where Jesus taught us about prayers and he said we should pray to Mary? Just one verse.

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 7:09pm On Sep 11, 2022
spiralwedge:

Pentecostal churches are protestant churches. Catholicism is a christian cult.
Catholicism remains the best. They have no thiefing pulpit bandits like the protestants lol
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 7:11pm On Sep 11, 2022
Blaqputin:

No modelling, the said church is an off spring of the Catholic church.....looks are deceving
It's a Dunamis church baba. We even connected to their central church in Abuja grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Blackzero: 7:11pm On Sep 11, 2022
in all you observed u didnt add the message of the kingdom that was preached, mr pentecoastal observer, pls keep observing things that dont matter

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 7:11pm On Sep 11, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Wow...you are so ignorant? Catholics hardly read the bible so they barely know what Christianity is all about.

The word bishop means overseer and it is not a Catholic thing. It is biblical. Unfortunately, Catholics decided to make bishops outside biblical criteria.

1 Timothy 3
King James Version
3 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
You're unintelligent, Ignorant and mischievous.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Foodie1(m): 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2022
RussellRutherfo:

grin
Trash sewage boy.
Your mental institute tested too many chemicals on you that lead to your current state of HD-insanity?!
Don't be ashamed of who you are(Dumb, Stubborn and Useless all at the same time). That was your parents mistake. It's understandable.
its best to keep to your self, than blatantly show foolishness and ignorance on the Internet. I'm sure your rotten dentition is a perfect description between you and posting reasonable comments.
You are just too dull.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Iykenuwa(m): 7:15pm On Sep 11, 2022
Anointing oil and communion are from the Bible Sir

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Appeaceomo: 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2022
Am Proudly Anglican. It's well known from onset that all this manner of worshiping embedded her. Call it orthodox, Pentecostal, revivalist,christematics...
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by ofwest47(m): 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2022
All Pentecostal Churches and Catholic churches are today's private highest money making business enterprises called Churches in Nigeria.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by CheapHomes1: 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

You're unintelligent, Ignorant and mischievous.

That really got you. You were really pained. Tell me, what am I unintelligent, ignorant and mischievous about?

As someone who isn't unintelligent, ignorant and mischievous, can you negate the following?

Wow...you are so ignorant? Catholics hardly read the bible so they barely know what Christianity is all about.

The word bishop means overseer and it is not a Catholic thing. It is biblical. Unfortunately, Catholics decided to make bishops outside biblical criteria.

1 Timothy 3
King James Version
3 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by OblorOblor: 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2022
The area of holy communion is not the exclusive reserve of Catholics. I'm not Catholic but I have a lot of respect for the Church because they are highly organized, traditional and methodic in their approach. Conversely, one small boy will wake up one morning and claim that God called him. Next thing he has become a self-ordained bishop and expects me to call him Daddy.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by alabo1: 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

The Communion isn't a catholic heritage but a Christian one based on the Last Supper.

Every other thing you wrote about these American Masonic Evangelical churches remain heathen like your pagan Catholic religion.

Your pentecostal religion is also pagan. The 25th you celebrate now is a pagan date for the worship of the Sun God. Constantinople changed it after he made Christianity an official religion. Also have you read the roots of the trinity. Read and learn. Religion is man made bro
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Judolisco(m): 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:
I'm a Catholic but once in a while I get to attend pentecostal churches when invited by colleagues though. So I went to this very well known pentecostal church. I found out the following:

(1) They've now modelled their church into several services just as it is done in the Catholic Church unlike before when they go to church by 7am and return by 2pm

(2) They have the pictures of their daddy GO inside the church just like the Catholics use those of Jesus

(3)They also had ornaments like holy oil just like in the Catholic church

(4) They have communion service just like in the Catholic church. I took their wine and communion though grin grin

It seems to me like the essence of the pentecostalism is now been defeated because the pentecostal churches we knew when growing up never had these aspects that resembled the Catholic Church practices. To add to it some pentecostal churches now ordain bishops too which were never existent to them them except to the orthodox churches.
immediately I saw d topic I knew u were Catholic...
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Emman08: 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2022
Do you go to church on monitoring visits or you go to worship or you just feel like posting something?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by edungene7: 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

You remain an Idol worshipping heathen who is ignorant of scripture .

Go and say three hail Mary's and bow to her idol

Pagan
u lack sense the scripture said enhance forth all generations shall call her blessed so Hw is that suppose to happen if no one talks about her keep deceiving yrself that u r a better Christian
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by edungene7: 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
CheapHomes1:

That really got you. You were really pained. Tell me, what am I unintelligent, ignorant and mischievous about?

As someone who isn't unintelligent, ignorant and mischievous, can you negate the following?

1 Timothy 3
King James Version

so yr daddy GO has all this qualities and yet is members are in perpetual anguish
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by advanceDNA: 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:
I'm a Catholic but once in a while I get to attend pentecostal churches when invited by colleagues though. So I went to this very well known pentecostal church. I found out the following:

(1) They've now modelled their church into several services just as it is done in the Catholic Church unlike before when they go to church by 7am and return by 2pm

(2) They have the pictures of their daddy GO inside the church just like the Catholics use those of Jesus

(3)They also had ornaments like holy oil just like in the Catholic church

(4) They have communion service just like in the Catholic church. I took their wine and communion though grin grin
So your priest told you or you told yourself that anointing oil and communion is a catholic invention..??
So u no see this things for your bible?? Small time u will say...other churches are copying catholic by praying

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Parish Priest Sells Church And Its Land Leaving His Members In Disbelief (video) / We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo & His 2nd Daughter Celebrate Birthday On Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.