Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,156 members, 7,780,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:51 AM

Why Are Mother's Relatives And Family Members Always Kind? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Mother's Relatives And Family Members Always Kind? (525 Views)

Mention Your Village, Hometown And LGA And Find Your Kinsmen/relatives / The Tribe That Dig Up Dead Relatives And Give Them New Clothes(graphics) / Igbo And Yoruba Tribal Mark As Very Close Relatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Mother's Relatives And Family Members Always Kind? by irunoko(m): 5:44pm On Sep 11, 2022
Good day nairalanders.i don't know whether this issue has been addressed or overflogged on nairaland but I
Have observed that in many families the mother's siblings,cousins and parents tend to be more kind, understanding,non confrontational and unagressive particularly amongst the yorubas, South South and southeast.i cannot say for the north because I'm not sure.

However,in the paternal side of a lot of families they see the mother (especially if she's married to a financially successful man and has raised successful children or is still raising the kids) like she's an enemy or intruder.they tend to be disrespectful, confrontational and unempathetic and this extends to the kids too.infact in some families where the husband is not financially man enough to pay the bills,it's the maternal grandparents that step in to give the family food, money and even support in childrens school fees.they are also receptive towards their sisters children and are always ready to pamper them.this is not so with the husband's relatives towards the kids (please correct me if I'm wrong) there is this indifference, selfishness and sometimes disdain they have for the mother and or kids of their brother even when she hasn't proven to be a bad wife.so my question is,is this a cultural thing among the South West , South East and South South people of nigeria or it's just peculiar to some families?
Re: Why Are Mother's Relatives And Family Members Always Kind? by Zonefree(m): 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2022
Maternal families are the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Mother's Relatives And Family Members Always Kind? by IamBlessed12: 6:03pm On Sep 11, 2022
Simply, because most brotherhood bond gets destroyed from envy, competition, spite etc before they begin to have families and by so, their children become born into this world, worlds apart from birth

Unlike brotherliness, females know their place and maintain family ties into their marriages with their kin folk. But, bitter jealousy would not make a brother who doesn't do well maintain blood relations with the one doing better

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Mother's Relatives And Family Members Always Kind? by tydi(m): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2022
Op have you heard of any of word like this.

"Ogo bu chi onye!"

That sums it up
Re: Why Are Mother's Relatives And Family Members Always Kind? by irunoko(m): 6:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
tydi:
Op have you heard of any of word like this.

"Ogo bu chi onye!"

That sums it up
please kindly translate for non Igbo Nigerians
Re: Why Are Mother's Relatives And Family Members Always Kind? by irunoko(m): 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2022
IamBlessed12:
Simply, because most brotherhood bond gets destroyed from envy, competition, spite etc before they begin to have families and by so, their children become born into this world, worlds apart from birth

Unlike brotherliness, females know their place and maintain family ties into their marriages with their kin folk. But, bitter jealousy would not make a brother who doesn't do well maintain blood relations with the one doing better
but when the children of their brother achieves a great feats in sports, education or finances they begin to claim him and show sudden fake love.it even gets worse if the child decides to get married.the relatives of the father that didn't give a Bleep will begin to show irritating familiarity to the point of getting overbearing and domineering before their brother's childrens wedding.that is when you will see the brother that didn't even attend his elder brothers wedding
or even contributed to the upbringing of the children talkless of ever giving the children 100 naira demand the biggest and his voice becomes the loudest when it's Time to collect bride price or dowry

Why the fake love and entitlement? Especially when everyone knows that you didn't even ask or care about the welfare of the child in question
Re: Why Are Mother's Relatives And Family Members Always Kind? by IamBlessed12: 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2022
irunoko:
but when the children of their brother achieves a great feats in sports, education or finances they begin to claim him and show sudden fake love.it even gets worse if the child decides to get married.the relatives of the father that didn't give a Bleep will begin to show irritating familiarity to the point of getting overbearing and domineering before their brother's childrens wedding.that is when you will see the brother that didn't even attend his elder brothers wedding
or even contributed to the upbringing of the children talkless of ever giving the children 100 naira demand the biggest and his voice becomes the loudest when it's Time to collect bride price or dowry

Why the fake love and entitlement? Especially when everyone knows that you didn't even ask or care about the welfare of the child in question

Father's side na war

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mother's Relatives And Family Members Always Kind? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2022
Jamb question
Re: Why Are Mother's Relatives And Family Members Always Kind? by Foodie1(m): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2022
Because your maternal uncles know that you can't come and drag landed properties with them, unlike the paternal relatives.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mother's Relatives And Family Members Always Kind? by irunoko(m): 5:50am On Sep 12, 2022
Merch:
Jamb question
na them
Re: Why Are Mother's Relatives And Family Members Always Kind? by temitope27(m): 7:26am On Sep 12, 2022
IamBlessed12:

Father's side na war
my father relatives are more nicer, my mother families don't even care about themselves

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Akoko-edo Are NOT YORUBA / Lady Gaga: Hip Surgery Has Improved My Dance! / Ibibio Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.