Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,858 members, 7,806,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Plate Number Issues With A Car I Just Got - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Plate Number Issues With A Car I Just Got (1666 Views)

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car / What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plate Number Issues With A Car I Just Got by Gist247(m): 5:10am On Sep 13, 2022
Okay so finally paid for a 08 camry, excited.

But now I'm trying to get plates for my baby and sent the details of the car papers to a trusted person I know to help me run it but she says the car was registered in ilorin so I can only do two things:

1. Go back to Ilorin to have the registration changed to mine.

2. Tell the person to let me renew here in Lagos with their plates and name to keep using the car.

I'm sure there are better options out here for me. Please advise, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Issues With A Car I Just Got by VeryWickedMan: 7:27am On Sep 13, 2022
What's wrong with option 2 if the car isn't stolen?

2 Likes

Re: Plate Number Issues With A Car I Just Got by ospreywin(m): 10:03am On Sep 13, 2022
1. You can't use another person's plate, because a plate is assigned to a user not the vehicle, that rules out option 2.
2. Change of ownership shouldn't be a problem, once you know the old number plate it was registered with na money e go cost.

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Issues With A Car I Just Got by Treadway: 10:15am On Sep 13, 2022
Gist247:

But now I'm trying to get plates for my baby and sent the details of the car papers to a trusted person I know to help me run it but she says the car was registered in ilorin so I can only do two things:

2. Tell the person to let me renew here in Lagos with their plates and name to keep using the car.

ospreywin:
1. You can't use another person's plate, because a plate is assigned to a user not the vehicle, that rules out option 2.
2. Change of ownership shouldn't be a problem, once you know the old number plate it was registered with na money e go cost.
Op, you can't go wrong with this guy. Highly recommended.
Re: Plate Number Issues With A Car I Just Got by ojesymsym: 11:32am On Sep 13, 2022
I think you should first of all be worried that you did not buy a stolen car or did you buy the car from the Illorin person?

That is where you want to start your investigation from.

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Issues With A Car I Just Got by Bhorlargy(m): 11:53am On Sep 28, 2022
Chat me up on 08091424661.......let's deal
Re: Plate Number Issues With A Car I Just Got by Control7: 12:05pm On Sep 28, 2022
Treadway:
Op, you can't go wrong with this guy. Highly recommended.

Seconded.

I have done business with him and he delivered
Re: Plate Number Issues With A Car I Just Got by karo93: 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2023
Gist247:

Hello boss....Did you have to change the ownership in ilorin?
Re: Plate Number Issues With A Car I Just Got by soloehis(m): 7:11am On Nov 24, 2023
ospreywin:
its not true that plate number is assigned to a person not car. Check plate number verification site u will see that all plate numbers are assigned to a car.

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Issues With A Car I Just Got by ospreywin(m): 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2023
soloehis:
its not true that plate number is assigned to a person not car. Check plate number verification site u will see that all plate numbers are assigned to a car.

Ok...lol

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Issues With A Car I Just Got by Gist247(m): 4:26pm On Dec 02, 2023
karo93:

Hello boss....Did you have to change the ownership in ilorin?

Naah, someone just helped me run the plates here in Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get The Engine Number Of A Golf 3 Variance / Golf 3 Gearbox / Mercedes Benz E320 For Sale At A Giveaway Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.