Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group (24461 Views)

Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria / Meet Wodaabe Men, A Fulani Ethnic Group Who Make-up For Easy Marriage, / The Egbira People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by GeneralPula: 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2022
Bruno3000:
Very hot tempered people

Nah lie. They’re not. The only thing they hate is being cheated on cuz they always stay true and loyal.

But the moment you try to play them, they won’t take it easy with you.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Safyqueen: 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
GEEBITE:
Peaceful neighbours that killed 50 innocent worshippers in Owo,Ondo state.

You are mad. Do you have evidence? Can't you use your head? What will Ebira tribe gain in committing such a heinous crime?

The military just want to make name or results anyhow.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Emman08: 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2022
GeneralPula:

No be lie. Very rugged and rigid. Honesty stays in them.

100%
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Emman08: 9:35pm On Sep 13, 2022
GeneralPula:

No be lie. Very rugged and rigid. Honesty stays in them.

100% Made some friends from in uni those days. They're still good friends many years later
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by GEEBITE: 9:51pm On Sep 13, 2022
I will ignore your uncouth language as it is not worthy of a response. The links below are sufficient enough.

https://ait.live/breaking-masterminds-of-terrorist-attack-on-owo-catholic-church-arrested-in-joint-operation/

https://ebirareporters.com/2022/08/09/we-arrested-owo-church-attackers-in-kogi-cds/

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/how-owo-catholic-church-attackers-were-captured-cds/

Safyqueen:

You are mad. Do you have evidence? Can't you use your head? What will Ebira tribe gain in committing such a heinous crime?

The military just want to make name or results anyhow.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by GeneralPula: 10:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
adecz:

Genetically a wicked people, well
known for poisoning and witchcraft❗️❗️☹️

Lies..

But first, what makes you say so?
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by GeneralPula: 10:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
ljoh:

Mynd44 seun
This user here is a tribalistic user, all his posts are attack against Igbo

Will you quote the mods when you find Igbos attacking other tribes?
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by GeneralPula: 10:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
Rebuke:
One of my favourite set of people. They are very real and loyal but can be very stubborn, even their girls.....good lovers and very beautiful.

They are always looking gentle until yhu step on their toes .....dem go give yhu hot hot

Very protective and good to have as friends. Once yhu hear Adai, ah, yhu don belong be that.

They will fight for yhu like say yhu be their real blood. I love them as friends. Very jovial and intelligent too , once yhu are their friends, they're always there for yhu.

Exactly bruh.

1 Like

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by noble2faith(m): 10:10pm On Sep 13, 2022
RenaissanceGuy:
There's nothing like Egbira, it's EBIRA! Say no to anglicisation of African languages and words. I'm very conversant with the language and I can categorically tell you that there's nothing like "Egbira". It's Ebira and it means [good] character.

Don't get me twisted, young man. I Neva said the name "Ebira" has not been bastardised to "Egbira". I am against you saying it is anglicisation. Do you really know what Anglicisation is? "/gb/ sound is not in English phonetics.

For instance "Igbo" is anglicised to "Ibo".

1 Like

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by GeneralPula: 10:10pm On Sep 13, 2022
sanya4good:
Who then are Igbira and Ebira people?

People do mention it wrongly..

It’s called Egbira.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by OVB123: 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2022
adecz:

Genetically a wicked people, well known for poisoning and witchcraft❗️❗️☹️
You took the word of my mouth.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by OVB123: 10:24pm On Sep 13, 2022
Judolisco:
na all of dem get anger issues oh
Correct!
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by OVB123: 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2022
tunde1200:
You know them well bro
No stranger(s) that ever lives in ekene or lives with them, ever go back with a good report about Ebira. They are one of the worst ethnic groups to interact with. I stand to be corrected.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by alizma: 10:34pm On Sep 13, 2022
ProfitmaxSMMA:

Please it's EBIRA not EGBIRA.
From the headquarter which is Okene, the name is Ebira, meaning Character. However there are others, like Ibira Koto, Ibira toto etc, however, the Yorubas had long adopt Igbira when referring to the people. But in other to have an all inclusive name since they are descendants of one family, the name Egbira is adopted.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by alizma: 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2022
OVB123:
No stranger(s) that ever lives in ekene or lives with them, ever go back with a good report about Ebira. They are one of the worst ethnic groups to interact with. I stand to be corrected.
What 9 looks like to a man opposite you is different from what it is to you. It will be better if you limit your narrative to your experience with these set of people than extending it to others. Go to Okene, Okehi, Adavi and Ajaokuta and see for yourself, the Igbo and Yoruba there are inter marrying, building houses and living peacefully with them. This doesn't mean issues don't arise but they have been able to address them just like children of same parents have difference and get them resolved.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by OVB123: 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2022
alizma:

What 9 looks like to a man opposite you is different from what it is to you. It will be better if you limit your narrative to your experience with these set of people than extending it to others. Go to Okene, Okehi, Adavi and Ajaokuta and see for yourself, the Igbo and Yoruba there are inter marrying, building houses and living peacefully with them. This doesn't mean issues don't arise but they have been able to address them just like children of same parents have difference and get them resolved.
I will not want to exchange words with you but you know that what i am saying is true.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Geeflow(m): 11:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
Very wicked and heartless set of people, they
are popularly know for hijacking people's land.
Human lives seems to be meaningless to them.
Spite on them.

1 Like

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Geeflow(m): 11:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
OVB123:
Very wicked venomous people

1 Like

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Zakkyoz: 11:34pm On Sep 13, 2022
OtunbaStixx23:
rubbish

You can see that your 'rubbish' comment can only fetch you just five likes. Go back and check your brain in case it is off immediately you switched on your data on your miserable phone.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by babtoundey(m): 11:40pm On Sep 13, 2022
Landmack:

Is too late? 2nd wife nko?

I used to date one till my mama almost broke my head cheesy. Before again I moved to one omo okun gal like that with big breasts

Mama later told me then to start looking towards her side or my dads (east) for marriage...and make I no dare bring kogite come house grin

Chai memories

Not married yet. But i lost her contact when i eventually returned to SW.

Lol. Your mum didn't want a hard nut for you as a bride. She wanted someone she can understand and cope with.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by mastermaestro(m): 12:12am On Sep 14, 2022
And the division continues. If this country ever splits, the various parts will keep splitting until this world ends.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Realist777: 12:43am On Sep 14, 2022
tunde1200:
Egbira people get agidi like mad.

Them no dey gree others are right only them Sabi.

Quote me and die this night � lol
You ain't gonna do nothing bro!
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Nword223: 1:09am On Sep 14, 2022
temitope27:
That's great, a very peaceful neighbor,

Not all those flat-inos

Are flatnot neigbours with you pin heads before , I hope you forgot Edo divided you guys, the Joke is on you bloody stranger.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by OVB123: 6:15am On Sep 14, 2022
Geeflow:
Very wicked venomous people
U no dem very well.

1 Like

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by nams77: 7:44am On Sep 14, 2022
Electorate:

Ok, but...
Is that reno cheesy
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Ngwamankillyou(m): 9:33am On Sep 14, 2022
GeneralPula:

No. They’ve never been and Yorubas never claimed them. But they’ve been living in the west for long. They love yorubas a lot and we love them too. I know Yoruba men that are married to their women and vice-Versace. Their women are usually very loyal and disciplined. They’re very kind, strong and useful people I’ve ever met. You’ll hardly find them committing crimes. They talk less, do more..

They’ve worked for me before when I was into transport business. They all did well. Loyal to the core. Infact, I rewarded their loyalties. After they paid me half of the of my money, I told them not to worry about the remaining money. I really like it when I meet loyal people..

We love them a lot. They’re always seeing work here in the west. You’ll hardly find a jobless Egbira cuz work is always available for them cuz they’re very modest.

Egbiras are great people..

Matured mind not the grasshoppers quoting me.

Thanks for the explanation man.

1 Like

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Igbojew: 10:52am On Sep 14, 2022
Ngwamankillyou:
They've never been Yoruba from unset.
Yorubas that has been forcing themselves on this peaceful Egbira will not like this news.Alwaya attached themselves by force to ethnic groups that does not want them...............I am that Igbojew

1 Like

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Igbojew: 10:59am On Sep 14, 2022
Chei this one will pain our greedy Yoruba people that have been claiming that Egbira are Yoruba indigenes the way they did to Benin people before Benin people came out to reject them.I have never ever seen tribes that force themselves on another people or doing attachee by forcee except Yorubas but they will be accusing Igbos for attaching themselves by force to my Delta Igbos which am one of them.............I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Igbojew: 11:03am On Sep 14, 2022
Ebubu:
Ebonyi/Abakaliki ethnic group should be next.

Since the Great Igbo tribe say they are not real Igbos and are closer to Fulani.
Hahaha someone is already crying because Egbira people you greedy Yorubas have been claiming they are part of Yorubas have smartly secured own ethnicity and gazzetted it too to avoid stories that touches heart.............I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Igbojew: 11:06am On Sep 14, 2022
mike8804:
who said they were Yoruba before? It's only okun part of kogi that are yorubas.
Yes you greedy Yorubas have been claiming they are Yorubas same way you people have been claiming that Okun are Yorubas.I hope tomorrow when Okun finally wake up and decided to gazzzete their ethnicity you and your likes will not shift goal post by saying that Okun is not Yoruba too cos you people are known for lies and deceit..............I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Yorobastard(m): 11:24am On Sep 14, 2022
temitope27:
is it not true? Please answer

Not it's not true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

An Onicha Traditional Wedding (pictures) / Igwe Alfred Achebe Welcomes British High Commissioner To Nigeria To His Palace / Erediauwa Crowned 39th Oba Of Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.