Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? (33234 Views)

Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP / James Ibori Defecting To APC: 'PDP Jailed Me, APC Released Me' / Taiwo Fatiregun's Head Broken After Defecting To Another Party. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Freebills12: 6:39pm On Sep 13, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
IgOga:
grin grin grin

The transfer window will officially open on the 28th of Sep........Obi himself may be bought by Atiku dollars grin grin grin grin

Somebody said Obi was planning a false flag assassination on himself to explain why he is quitting the race.....it is said he plans to blame APC and Tinubu....but who knows these politicians are unreliable though

Somebody said that Obi flag false assassination on himself and you believed him, are you a human being or a goat? You have not seen it, and you are making noise...
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by almayda: 6:41pm On Sep 13, 2022
So Peter that has defected from Apga to Pdp and to Labour Party was doing it fir his pocket?thank you for the information.
seedgreen:
this is the response of the year. it couldnt habe been better .

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Allisgud: 6:42pm On Sep 13, 2022
If only u know that those who agree to drop umbrella to carry broom there's a particular money shared to them,watch how they will run to labour party when obi become president
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by TruthinAction: 6:44pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:
I have observed with keen interest the recent waves of defections and cross carpeting from APC TO PDP and vice Versa, even in some states like Oyo and Osun states, Bigwig politicians are defecting to parties like Accord and ADC,

However, with the way Peter Obis Obidient movement is sweeping across the board, taking over mainstream social media space, nobody, not even a lightweight politician has dumped his party for Labor Party, even in the southeast where he came from. Could this mean the Obidients still have a lot of homework to do? Just want to know as a political observer

APC and PDP are using money to lure people into their parties. The same people that defected will also defect back if offered money. They are hungry people. Labour party is not ready for that politics.

I bet you that most of them defecting will still vote for Labour party at the end of the day unless they offer them money enticing enough at the polling booth and monitor their votes.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by lanocfoods: 6:44pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:
I have observed with keen interest the recent waves of defections and cross carpeting from APC TO PDP and vice Versa, even in some states like Oyo and Osun states, Bigwig politicians are defecting to parties like Accord and ADC,

However, with the way Peter Obis Obidient movement is sweeping across the board, taking over mainstream social media space, nobody, not even a lightweight politician has dumped his party for Labor Party, even in the southeast where he came from. Could this mean the Obidients still have a lot of homework to do? Just want to know as a political observer
2023, the people are voting individual not party. If you have nothing to offer, jumping ship to LP will not give you automatic win. I won't even vote the LP governorship candidate in my state
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by BluntCrazeMan: 6:48pm On Sep 13, 2022
ATLIEN2027:

Irrational excuses.

The rational explanation and common sense reason is very simple.
All politicians and indeed most humans wants to be associated with a winner, they will be flocking to LP if they think they can win even if they don't like Obi.
But common sense and reality on ground dictates that LP and Obi ain't going to win jack hence the reluctance of others to join his party.
Number one goal of most politicians and human is to win, everything else is secondary.
Obi has ZERO chance of winning the election except if Atiku and Tinubu drops out today.
This thinking is the exact reason people are not defecting to LP...
They are thinking that Obi cannot win.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Arysexy(m): 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2022
Mumu OP.

Senator Umeh defected.

The last PDP Governorship candidate in Anambra defected.

The current Edo South senatorial candidate, senator Urhoghide defected to LP.

Ask before concluding
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by rolams(m): 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2022
Forget about the popularity. It is just a noise!
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by TBD(m): 6:54pm On Sep 13, 2022
My problem with Obidients they not on ground politically only on social median

PO went to campaign osun personal what was vote LP win?

The Presidential election is between Tinubu and Atiku but the problem of atiku and wike will affects fortune while in south east PO will also PDP vote at last Tinubu will have his way.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by godofuck231: 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
This is the reason
you maza puka lollllll
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Adakintroy: 6:59pm On Sep 13, 2022
No heavy weight don deflect from any were yet some Delusionists believe obi don win.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by buzorcharles(m): 7:01pm On Sep 13, 2022
Unruly7:
Those that will be voting Obi are those voting for personality not party

I will vote Obi for president
I will vote PDP candidate for governor
I will vote APC for Rep

I don’t belong to any party

Also remember that apc rep will stress obi's Good governance just to make him look bad and thereby creating a loop hole to bring back corrupt party members
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by LagosXYZ: 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2022
1. There's nothing to share

2. The popularity is strictly based on Peter Obi's Character/antecedents and that of the previous representatives of the party like Pat Utomi who are considered non conventional politicians and only individuals who are accepted for such virtues can blend in (unfortunately that's very scarce)

3. The party has no proper structure as it were across all the states hence it will cost any politicians serious money and human resources to build one necessary for his personal ambition.

HappyRabbi:

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by akslink: 7:11pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:

good observation bro! Even obi himself had defected from how many parties? They all birds of same feathers, na only ordinary Nigerians I pity, all of them politicians are the same, just wish Nigerians learn this time around, that’s how many said buhari is the savior last time because they want to change good luck my all means.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by zomby(m): 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
Unruly7:

I will vote APC for Rep

I will vote Jagaban for president
I will vote LP for Rep

I belong to no party…but will not allow a mumu to lead the country. I have listened and also watched a lot of speeches by Obi, and concluded that the difference between Obi and Buhari (in-terms of intelligence, experience and leadership skills) isn’t much.
Nigeria is desperate for a leader:
. That clearly understands the power of unity.
. That has the capabilities and record to get all Nigerian people involved.
. That has the skills to connect with people from all around the country.

We must not forget that we are looking for a president to lead all Nigerians, not a local government leader.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by RepoMan007: 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
APC and PDP are the same and one. United in lootery of the nation.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by luluosas(m): 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2022
2023 elections result will shock many. I think there's a silent movement into LP because they are not known noise makers. My thoughts though

MY PLEA
Dear Nairalanders,
Please, I need help. Currently battling with some devastating debts, but I refused to give up, no matter what.

Please, kindly help me with whatever to settle this huge debt on my neck, so that I can smile again.

I shall be very grateful if you can come to my rescue please.

May God bless you all and keep you from all evil.

N.B. I am so sorry for bothering you please. It's just that I have no other option right now.

Thank you all and God bless.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by HRprof: 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:

They do not need defection to Labour Party to vote Obi . They Will secretly vote OBI this I have seen . Shame no go allow them defects but in their mind they are OBIdient :~)
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by snoopz: 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2022
It's too early for any politician to make that move na when campaign start and Dem see the movement them go start to dey think
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by drlateef: 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2022
Defecting into the cloud of nothingness? You think politicians are not wise?
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Sucre6: 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2022
Unruly7:

I will vote APC for Rep

This guy just spoke my mind shaa, U are among the few sane people we have in this country, cool
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Folabimi(m): 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:

Good observation, I am also wondering whether Peter Obi is the only candidate in Labour Party, because I can't see other candidates maximizing this opportunity they have to draw more attention.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Childofaking: 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2022
Unruly7:

I will vote APC for Rep

Let me give you an advice: if you are voting Obi for president, then you have to vote labour party for Senate and rep.
because if you vote in a president from a party and you dont vote his party men into senate and house of rep, it will be disastrous for the president, he need to have a senate majority.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by zomby(m): 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2022
HRprof:

They do not need defection to Labour Party to vote Obi . They Will secretly vote OBI this I have seen . Shame no go allow them defects but in their mind they are OBIdient :~)

With all the noise Politicians are still not defecting to LP party because they are not stupid. They are not blind, they can see the writing on the wall.
I will be shocked if Obi wins Anambra state.

We must not forget that the presidential campaign hasn’t started yet, just wait still around December to witness the power of a sensible campaign noise from all around the country. The gala sellers (the LP nuisance/ senseless noise makers) will be consumed alive when the time is right.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by newdawn2017(f): 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2022
immortalcrown:
See your childish logic. Before I answer your question, prove me wrong. Are those people defecting for the welfare of Nigeria? Is it today they started defecting? What has their defection improved for Nigeria?

But since your question came first, let it be answered first. People are joining Labour Party. But who are they? They are few and they are not influential politicians. The influential politicians will not join Labour Party because the flag bearer of Labour Party will not give them what they enjoy in PDP and APC. So, if they join Labour Party, I will say, "They have missed road". Now, answer my own questions or remain childish.
but Sowore & his team of AACparty started that party & ve come out to contest for the singular interests & welfare of Nigerians, but u re turning blind eye & going with the bandwagon. On thet mandate of [url]#SoworeMagashi2023[/url] I Stan & restan
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by kennethesan(m): 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2022
Because being a party member doesn't make it mandatory you vote for that party...i learnt from osun election.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2022
immortalcrown:
Those defecting are after what will enter their personal pockets, not for the welfare of Nigeria. That is why they are not going to LP.

Obi no dey give bribe.

Campaign season is a cool business for shameless people. What they get by ass-licking one party or the other during one election can sustain them for many years.

I said their party choice is because their defection is for their pockets alone, not for Nigeria. You said my comment is irrational. Is it now they started the defection? If the winning you mentioned is for Nigeria and not for them alone, why is it that the more they defect and win is the more Nigeria loses? Answer this question if you are not the irrational one. If you cannot answer the question, what then makes my comment irrational?

Obi no de give bribe?
Is he paying salaries here? Refuse to promote mediocrity, you no go hear.

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by enicid: 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2022
People do not need to defect to labour party for peter Obi to win the 2023 election. All what they will do is to vote for Obi (labour party) for president and vote for other candidates from other party in other positions.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by zomby(m): 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2022
Childofaking:

Let me give you an advice: if you are voting Obi for president, then you have to vote labour party for Senate and rep.
because if you vote in a president from a party and you dont vote his party men into senate and house of rep, it will be disastrous for the president, he need to house a senate majority.
I do not believe that the gullible gala sellers understand how it works; just noise with no direction wink
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by luluosas(m): 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:

MY PLEA
Dear Nairalanders,
Please, I need help. Currently battling with some devastating debts, but I refused to give up, no matter what.

Please, kindly help me with whatever to settle this huge debt on my neck, so that I can smile again.

I shall be very grateful if you can come to my rescue please.

May God bless you all and keep you from all evil.

N.B. I am so sorry for bothering you please. It's just that I have no other option right now.

Thank you all and God bless.

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by newdawn2017(f): 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2022
perez100:
Those who said nobody is defecting to Labour Party don't read news. APC is losing members heavily and somewhere in Benue State - a APC party Chairman cried out that they are heavily losing their members to Labour Party.

Labour Party are gaining members more than any other party. You can tell me LP position before and their position today. Come to East and other Zones and you will pity APC.
the same set of people with the same agenda going to labour party & u think it will be different. When will u awake o sleepy one?? I stand with distinguished Sowore & the neutral entire AACparty team who re for the interest of common Nigerians Come 2023
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Konjiboii: 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2022
Tina00writer:
Come to me,i will give you the answer

Let me come in you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fayose Dancing At Ekiti Udiroko Festival (Pics) / Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili / Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.