Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? (1478 Views)

Why Is Kwankwaso Not Holding Rallies? / Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections / I Am No Longer Contesting- Ondo Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by Parachoko: 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2022
I've not been hearing from him at all

6 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 13, 2022
Pride goes before fall.

15 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by otipoju(m): 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2022
Someone that missed a lifetime opportunity to be at the apex of power for 16 good years if he could just have humbled himself.

Being Vice President for 8 years, would give him solid name recognition nationwide that comes with visibility as vice. Then when it becomes the turn of the north, he would be its foremost politician and would enter nearly unopposed and the south would reciprocate his help with doing the right thing in this cycle.

29 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by iSense247: 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2022
There are just three candidates - Obi, Atiku and Tinubu. Others are inconsequential bunch of distractions.

10 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by SmartPolician: 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2022
Kwankwanso will just get some votes in the north. He cannot even win one state.

17 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by lonecatt(m): 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2022
kwakwanso actually thought he could buy time.

1 Like

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by Maxymilliano(m): 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2022
kwakwanso has boxed himself into a political cul-de-sac, not even his anointed deputy is making consultations or granting interviews.

5 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by Timatayo1: 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2022
Kwankwoso ko kokoro ni he is not in the race

2 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by Cypress042(m): 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2022
Becoming Obidient would have saved the stubborn man

But his greediness didn't allow him to think well undecided

11 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2022
He has been asiwajufied already

4 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by Nukilia: 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2022
He sentenced himself to political suicide grin

6 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by fiizznation: 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2022
Kwankwaso maybe a little bit popular in the northwest but the man lacks structure.

Though I foresee his candidate in the kano governorship election doing good. Abba is loved by kanolites. I won't say he will even win the election but I won't be surprised if he did win.

Although Gawuna is loved too by Kanolites.
Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by fiizznation: 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
otipoju:
Someone that missed a lifetime opportunity to be at the apex of power for 16 good years if he could just have humbled himself.

Vice President for 8 years, givinh him solid name recognition that comes with visibility as vice, and then President because he would have been the most paramount northern politician
Don't kid yourself. Even if Kwankwaso accepts Obi's offer, they will still be defeated by APC or PDP. The coming together of two political parties without structure can't defeat a well grounded party.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by otipoju(m): 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
fiizznation:
Don't kid yourself. Even if Kwankwaso accepts Obi's offer, they will still be defeated by APC or PDP. The coming together of two political parties without structure can't defeat a well grounded party.

What exactly is this structure if I may ask . Kindly expatiate

5 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by Jflex07(m): 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2022
fiizznation:
You guys should stop saying this nonsense. Are the structures sticks and planes?are they not humans? Unless you are talking about structural rigging.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 13, 2022
He's lagging behind, because the ones ahead are greater than him!
Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by fiizznation: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2022
otipoju:

What exactly is this structure if I may ask . Kindly expatiate
The PDP/APC campaign offices, their card carrying members, their elected officials from councilors to senators, governors, their retired political office holders, grassroots mobilization team, financial warchest, even their propaganda units, etc. These are just some of the structures a serious political party is supposed to have and I don't see LP nor NNPP having any of this things.

Aside the social media mob, what are the other structures of LP?

I visited Kaduna yesterday, and I was perplexed with the number of buildings APC are buying just for campaign purpose. You see my friend, this is a serious party.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by Advocate500: 5:30pm On Sep 13, 2022
Kwankwaso mismanaged his 1minut of fame,by going tribalistic instead of being diplomatic,he would have enjoyed some element of popularity by his southern admirers, because southern supporters determine the popularity of candidates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by Felimax(m): 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2022
fiizznation:
The PDP/APC campaign offices, their card carrying members, their elected officials from councilors to senators, governors, their retired political office holders, grassroots mobilization team, financial warchest, even their propaganda units, etc. These are just some of the structures a serious political party is supposed to have and I don't see LP nor NNPP having any of this things.

I visited Kaduna yesterday, and I perplexed with number of buildings APC are buying just for campaign purpose. You see my friend, this is a serious party.

Honestly, you tried. You are very generous. Thank you sir!
This is what some universities will spread into four years of learning, you just gave it out like that for free. Oga thank you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by drmuchin: 5:38pm On Sep 13, 2022
Kwakwanso na Learner

1 Like

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by QuotaSystem: 5:39pm On Sep 13, 2022
fiizznation:
Kwankwaso maybe a little bit popular in the northwest but the man lacks structure.

Though I foresee his candidate in the kano governorship election doing good. Abba is loved by kanolites. I won't say he will even win the election but I won't be surprised if he did win.

Although Gawuna is loved too by Kanolites.

It’s increasingly likely that he will eventually collapse his structure for Asiwaju judging from his seeming lethargy ko yaya ka gani?

1 Like

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by almelo3: 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2022
Many card carrying members of this two parties you mentioned have indicated interest to vote their parties in all elective positions except for the presidential position. Voting for Peter Obi for many of the electorates is not really about political party affiliation
fiizznation:

I visited Kaduna yesterday, and I perplexed with number of buildings APC are buying just for campaign purpose. You see my friend, this is a serious party.

2 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by QuotaSystem: 5:51pm On Sep 13, 2022
fiizznation:

Well said. An ordinary councilor can mobilize and deliver up to 10,000 votes from the grassroots. A house of assembly member ten times that number and so on. Those ones will themselves be mobilized by a Senator/HOR member who will be working in tandem with the Governor. APC has over 26 Governors waiting to deliver with even a couple from the opposition while the PDP lags behind and LP is totally handicapped in this critical department.

They don’t understand that it’s the machinery and system that mobilizes the people’s votes that is the structure, not the people directly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by fiizznation: 5:58pm On Sep 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

It’s increasingly likely that he will eventually collapse his structure for Asiwaju judging from his seeming lethargy ko yaya ka gani?
Longest time my brother. Is good to know you are still around. Good to see you. Kasan kwankwaso bazaka iya sanin inda zajeba. But merging with Tinubu will be a plus for APC in kano state. Whether we admit it or not, kwankwaso have large followers in kano.

But Kazan mutuminka da girman Kai, I don't think it will be possible. Besides if he merges with APC, his kwankwasiyya soldiers won't take him serious again. Maybe some won't!

Lol, talking about elections; how do you as a northerner view the constant 'threat' of power must return to the south by some of our southern brothers? A person like me dislike threats. Ya ka gani ne?

2 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by otipoju(m): 6:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
fiizznation:

I visited Kaduna yesterday, and I was perplexed with the number of buildings APC are buying just for campaign purpose. You see my friend, this is a serious party.

Did APC have all these structures when they lost in Osun State?

Did PDP have all these structures when they lost to APC twice.

Does the precense of all these people guarantee victory?

Who also told you labour party does not have card carrying members nor mobilization teams nor financial watches or former elected officers?

The work of all these people is to convince and induce people to vote and man pooling units to monitor results isn't it? Now when your message has skipped the messengers and gotten directly to the voters that uou need to vote...why then place so much emphasis on structure.

7 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by Nigerianization(m): 6:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
fiizznation:

Please which structure did William Ruto of Kenya rely upon to win the presidency with a one year old party?

Before you say that he was the sitting vice-president, ATIKU also tried the same feat and lost squarely in 2007. Both VPs lost the backing of their Presidents and the stories were different for both because times have changed.

Structures don't win elections. As a party less OBIdient that will be voting on election day, I'll wait for the results to be counted, declared and pasted. I will go home with my snapped copy of my polling unit.

I am a structure.

2 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by fiizznation: 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

Well said. An ordinary councilor can mobilize and deliver up to 10,000 votes from the grassroots. A house of assembly member ten times that number and so on. Those ones will themselves be mobilized by a Senator/HOR member who will be working in tandem with the Governor. APC has over 26 Governors waiting to deliver with even a couple from the opposition while the PDP lags behind and LP is totally handicapped in this critical department.

They don’t understand that it’s the machinery and system that mobilizes the people’s votes that is the structure, not the people directly.

They don't seem to understand this abokina. But you know this place is filled with ethnic champions who will only believe their own narratives. They don't usually know what it takes for politicians to win election like the presidential or governorship positions.

The 2023 election is between Tinubu and Atiku, any other 3rd party will just be acting as spoilers for either Tinubu or Atiku.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by QuotaSystem: 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2022
fiizznation:
Longest time my brother. Is good to know you are still around. Good to see you. Kasan kwankwaso bazaka iya sanin inda zajeba. But merging with Tinubu will be a plus for APC in kano state. Whether we admit it or not, kwankwaso have large followers in kano.

But Kazan mutuminka da girman Kai, I don't think it will be possible. Besides if he merges with APC, his kwankwasiyya soldiers won't take him serious again. Maybe some won't!

Lol, talking about elections; how do you as a northerner view the constant 'threat' of power must return to the south by some of our southern brothers? A person like me dislike threats. Ya ka gani ne?

Gaskiya it’s great seeing you again. I agree with you batun girman kan but I strongly believe zai hada kai da Tinubu kafin zabe…fingers crossed.

Regarding the “threats”, they shouldn’t be given any weight as they’re mostly by paper tigers that can do nothing if Arewa decides to withhold the presidency and they know it. Treat them as mere distractions.

The weightier issue here nike gani, is the existential possibility (or impossibility) of Nigeria in the unfair event that power doesn’t rotate south next year. The polity will be inevitably heated to a point that the center might be unable to hold as the various secessionist agitations will gain steam and their message will resonate with a greater audience down south (kuma yan siyasan mu know this). Abun da yafi is to have an atmosphere where the President will have minimal distractions so he can focus on the critical interventions that will draw Nigeria back from the precipice.

Keeping Nigeria one requires Justice and fairness so power rotation to the south should definitely occur and hopefully will.

2 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by fiizznation: 6:28pm On Sep 13, 2022
Nigerianization:

Please which structure did William Ruto of Kenya rely upon to win the presidency with a one year old party?

Before you say that he was the sitting vice-president, ATIKU also tried the same feat and lost squarely in 2007. Both VPs lost the backing of their Presidents and the stories were different for both because times have changed.

Structures don't win elections. As a party less OBIdient that will be voting on election day, I'll wait for the results to be counted, declared and pasted. I will go home with my snapped copy of my polling unit.

I am a structure.
How can you even compare William Ruto to Mr Obi.
Ruto's popularity cut across the entire regions of Kenya. He was the serving VP when he won the election. While Me Obi is a regional champion, More like Buhari of 2003 - 2007.

And Kenya's political atmosphere is entirely different from our own. I would have loved to type more but am always lazy doing it.

Besides William Ruto never ran on a party with no structure. Go figure.

3 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by VERDA: 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2022
fiizznation:

See this one, no be only card carrying members...who exactly do you think are rooting for Obi? You think they fell from the sky?, Or people that will vote for the first time next year?...

I have always had sympathy for PDP and supported all their candidates from 1999, and will still vote for PDP for governorship of my state but Obi has my presidential votes... Same thing with a lot of people you see supporting Obi.

So I keep wondering what you guys call structure.

3 Likes

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by Iliveforever(m): 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2022
Shame dn catch am.
Probably regretting why he turned down peter Obi
Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by techWriter3: 7:11pm On Sep 13, 2022
confidence comes before fall

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures From Disputed Kastina Obidient Match / Nnamdi Kanu Has Warned His Members That Simon Ekpa Is Not Working For Him / Remembering Aisha Alhassan Aka Mama Taraba Who Left Us On This Day Two Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.