Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,039 members, 7,807,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery (51155 Views)

2 Brothers Spent 31 Years On Death Row For Rape & Murder; Get ₦31Billion In US / Lady Collapses In Lagos Court After Being Sentenced To Death (Photos) / 2 Brothers In SS3 Gang Rape JSS Student In Nsukka, Film Action With Camera Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by masui(m): 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Simplythebest:
This crime doesn't require life imprisonment cus no life was lost and they didn't even use gun. Some years in the prison is better for correction and repentant. Thats my own thought. Pls don't come and attack me

Honestly some judges sef.

I read the sentence and the crime. Life imprisonment is too harsh.
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Emeka71(m): 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Simplythebest:
This crime doesn't require life imprisonment cus no life was lost and they didn't even use gun. Some years in the prison is better for correction and repentant. Thats my own thought. Pls don't come and attack me
That is obviously a childhood robbery that requires a period of imprisonment (say some years) not life imprisonment. I'm so sure the judge must be a man because a woman would have been more compassionate and reasonable when delivering that kind of judgement.
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Belleful: 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
The judge smoke Igbo. Life imprisonment for poor guys, why the rich is given 5yrs with option of fine.
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by acorntree(m): 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
Ogun07032601473:
Deliverance can come from any spiritual person either Pastor Alfa or Native Doctor ...Spiritual Attacks can be removed or heal from any of those spiritual person..So don't let your pastors decieved you about anyone..Am Ifagbenga baba Awogbemi Native Doctor grandson, Call baba for any of your problems..Healing and deliverance is sure and seen is believing.. Home town Ijebu atan Ogun State .. Contact baba now

Oloriburuku. They should contact you for money ritual.
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by rusher14: 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
acorntree:

Yes, why not. We need to get rid of these kind of people from our society because they cause more harm than good. I hope you're not one of them.

Then I'm all for it.

I can tell.you this wouldn't be popular though.

Na women go vex pass sef.

grin
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by johnfem321: 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
This is pure injustice..perhaps the judge was bribed or influenced by the victim to give such harsh sentence.. it doesn’t sound like they are career criminal.. sounds like burglary case than robbery since they didn’t harm anyone..A sentence of 12years would have been enough to destroy there life and reset their brain.. I wonder how the parent will feel after hearing such sentence for 2 children… Hopefully they find the strength and connection to appeals the judgement for reduction in sentence
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by chitheo(f): 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
What makes you think the confession was forced?

And even if it was… why didn’t the defendants raise an objection to its admissibility?
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by everythinggirly(f): 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
Eh ya, in their next life, they will think twice.
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Morphinne: 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
loko50:

You are not sounding smart. If you want to test the law, go and rob with a knife and get caught. When you get to court, compare yourself to yahoo boys. Then you will know that nations cup and world cup are not the same.
Don’t mind them. Nigerians love making excuses for rubbish. Imagine these guys had succeeded or they met a resistance in the course of the robbery, would they not have used the weapons they were holding? Na person wey don jam armed robber before go understand say this guys no deserve mercy.

1 Like

Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Reference(m): 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
Life is a bit too much for the crime if there were no guns involved nor injury or deaths recorded.
Life for these young men means upwards of 40 years at the pleasure of the NCS that will cost the tax payer millions of naira.
And I mean perhaps close to 100 million over their life time....
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Simplythebest: 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
I understand ur point but the didn't use the weapons so we can't assume. To be honest life imprisonment is very harsh and unfair judgment.
Morphinne:

Emotionally, you may be right but do you think they would still not have used those weapons if they had faced resistance? Should we wait and Fold our arms until they start taking lives in the course of their robbery adventure? This and many more to come will help serve as deterrents to other aspiring criminals. Being lenient on people like these will only foster more and more criminality in our society. Just imagine Nigeria was still practicing the execution by firing squad capital punishment like we used to have it during the military era, the rate of armed robbery, ritual killings and many other social vices would have reduced significantly.
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by BanevsJoker(m): 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
If only they had repented, dropped their shovels, and embraced amnesty, they would have been eating bread and sardines for breakfast today.
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by acorntree(m): 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
johnfem321:
This is pure injustice..perhaps the judge was bribed or influenced by the victim to give such harsh sentence.. it doesn’t sound like they are career criminal.. sounds like burglary case than robbery since they didn’t harm anyone..A sentence of 12years would have been enough to destroy there life and reset their brain.. I wonder how the parent will feel after hearing such sentence for 2 children… Hopefully they find the strength and connection to appeals the judgement for reduction in sentence

The same judge will only give 4 to 10yrs to corrupt politicians who stole billions. Nigeria situation is just too complex, and these the reasons why young people are japaing. There is no sense in this judgement meted on these young people, stealing phone with armed cutlass is still a burglary case not fully armed robbery.
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Tunagee(m): 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
officialwdhtv:
Two brothers cry a river after they were sentenced to life imprisonment for armed robbery in Lagos

Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo of an Ikeja Special Offences Court has sentenced a domestic worker, Genesis Ezebong, his brother, Micheal and one Ikade Moses, to life imprisonment for armed robbery in the Palm Groove area of Lagos State.

The convicts were arraigned on December 18, 2020 while the trial commenced on January 11, 2022. The prosecution counsel, Omowumi Bajulaye, during the arraignment of the convicts, had told the court that they committed the offence of conspiracy and armed robbery on January 13, 2019, at No 222 Ikorodu Road, Palm Groove, Lagos.

She said that the trio while armed with cutl@ss, shovel and other dangerous weapons, robbed one Daniel of one Compact Laptop, one Apple laptop, gold and costumes, jewelleries, Blackberry phones, one digital camera, soccer shoes and two other phones belonging to one Titilope Akeredolu. The prosecution, during trial, called three witnesses and tendered documents such as defendants’ statements which were admitted as exhibits.

The witnesses who had testified before the court included Inspector Okunade Olumuyiwa, Titilope Akeredolu and Investigative Police officer and Inspector Olawale Oni. They had narrated to the court how Akeredolu’s domestic worker conspired with others, who were armed with dangerous weapons, broke into his boss’s house with his gang after he had left to church, and locked the security man as well as other occupants in the toilet.

Akeredolu said after she went to church on Sunday morning, she received a call from her security man who told her that the first convict, Genesis Ezebong, her domestic staff, broke into her apartment with a cutlass and stole her things.

The judge held that the prosecution proved beyond a reasonable doubt, the circumstantial evidence against the defendants whils sentencing them.

Very GOOD!!!!!
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Simplythebest: 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
No one will ever support any crime and honestly this judgment is harsh and unfair. Honestly if am a lawyer i would have personally taken up this case and apple to it
Dukeolumidemans:

My thought exactly. Maximum of 20yrs and freed in 10yrs with good behavior. Or maybe it's judgement based on perceived tribe. It does not require much thinking to know that the judgment passed was too extreme giving the situation of the country. Just me thinking out loud anyways...
Crime is wrong. Stay away from crime.
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Morphinne: 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
Simplythebest:
I understand ur point but the didn't use the weapons so we can't assume. To be honest life imprisonment is very harsh and unfair judgment.
Well I understand your view chief and the judge should have tempered justice with mercy at least Bubu sef dey forgive repentant boko Haram terrorist. 10-15 years sentence is still okay to get them to repent. I just found out now that they even locked d security guard in charge of the apartment rather than killing or injuring him.
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by xperiencelove(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
I hope my attachment change your thought.
Simplythebest:

Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by tyinfinity: 3:32pm On Sep 15, 2022
Obi their master is looking for campaign fund
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by samfrancis1(m): 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
Iliveforever:

If Nigeria was a sane country, they’ll just bring tinubu out and set firing squad without taking him to court.
Same will go to all present presidential candidate and almost every politian in Nigeria.. done for one should be done for all.. they’re not different…
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by dollynnn(f): 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2022
acorntree:

And those who duped people and stole billions should be given presidential pardon after been sentenced to 4yrs in prison.

Direct this to the lawmakers not me smiley
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by christistruth01: 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2022
LeoDeKing:
They should free dem jor.

Pandora hoebi needs campaign fund.

Afterall, Tinubu has not been arrested after being the governor General of SE for 8 years. angry

Your Region is ablaze because IPOB freed hardened Criminals from Jail

Though I hope the brothers Appeal and have a reduced sentence of 5-10 years which should be enough to teach them a lesson

Prison is not to destroy lives but to reform lives

Meanwhile I am sure that if it were Fulani Bandits that were sentenced for life you would still be jumping for joy
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Bluev: 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2022
Meanwhile another person will steal N80 billion and he's working freely.. This life no balance
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Kingozymandias(m): 3:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
LeoDeKing:
They should free dem jor.

Pandora hoebi needs campaign fund.

Afterall, Tinubu has not been arrested after being the governor General of SE for 8 years. angry

Typical Tinubu supporter, speaking for armed robbers tours and criminals... grin
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by udumosam23(m): 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2022
That was harsh. That lawyer must have been badly pissed.
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Nicenixon: 3:47pm On Sep 15, 2022
Till waiting for the day they will send our corrupt politicians to life imprisonment.
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by dollynnn(f): 3:47pm On Sep 15, 2022
acorntree:

The same judge will only give 4 to 10yrs to corrupt politicians who stole billions. Nigeria situation is just too complex, and these the reasons why young people are japaing. There is no sense in this judgement meted on these young people, stealing phone with armed cutlass is still a burglary case not fully armed robbery.

Do you know what Burglary is?

Breaking and entering into a dwelling house with an intent to commot a felony within the period of 6:30pm to 6:30am.

With regards to Armed Robbery, it is immaterial whether the item has no value or has a trifling value.

Another thing to take note of is, as long as the accused was armed with any weapon capable of causing grievous body injuries or harm, a case of armed robbery exists. In this case, a cutlass is a weapon capable of causing grievous body injuries.

But what I do not understand is, since the Victim ( Mrs Akeredolu) was not around when the incident happened, who did the suspects use or threaten to use violence on?

I feel they should have been charged with Burglary and not Armed Robbery
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by GoodIsGod: 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2022
There are people like them reading this post. Still they won't leave robbery until they are killed or jailed.

We are all feeling the heat of the government incompetence. We all have to endure it untill we are liberated but for you to decide to rob someone going through same stress with you and take the little he has, you won't escape it. You will end up being killed or jailed for life like these idiats.
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by lawrenzooo: 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2022
Simplythebest:
Exactly my thought. I guess dey would appeal the judgement.
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Simplythebest: 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
Pls also read this.

Punishment for Robbery

The offence of robbery is punishable with 14 years imprisonment. Attempted robbery is punishable with not more than 20 years imprisonment and not less than 14 years imprisonment. See section 403 or the Criminal Coe Act.

Punishment Under The Penal Code Act

The Penal Code Act seems to have taken robbery and armed robbery on a lighter view. Section 298 of the Penal Code Act provides the punishment for robbery of which its punishment may extend to 10 years imprisonment and fine. Where the robbery is committed on the highway within the hours of sunset and sunrise or between sunset and sunrise on a person who has slept or has lain down to sleep in the open air, the punishment may extend to 14 years imprisonment and a fine.

xperiencelove:
I hope my attachment change your thought.
Re: 2 Brothers Cry After Being Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by dollynnn(f): 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2022
Simplythebest:
Pls also read this.

Punishment for Robbery

The offence of robbery is punishable with 14 years imprisonment. Attempted robbery is punishable with not more than 20 years imprisonment and not less than 14 years imprisonment. See section 403 or the Criminal Coe Act.

Punishment Under The Penal Code Act

The Penal Code Act seems to have taken robbery and armed robbery on a lighter view. Section 298 of the Penal Code Act provides the punishment for robbery of which its punishment may extend to 10 years imprisonment and fine. Where the robbery is committed on the highway within the hours of sunset and sunrise or between sunset and sunrise on a person who has slept or has lain down to sleep in the open air, the punishment may extend to 14 years imprisonment and a fine.

Robbery and Armed Robbery are not the same

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Robbers Caught, Lynched And Burnt In Imo State (Graphic Photos) / Gospel Gbaraka Death: Ogoni Youths Demand Justice / A Mother Baked Her Newborn Daughter To Death In An Oven (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.