Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,355 members, 7,780,952 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:16 AM

Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika (3638 Views)

Policemen In Ekiti To Arrest 11 Lawmakers / Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander / Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by PointB: 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2011
Ekiti to get army unit –Ihejerika

The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Onyeabo Ihejerika, has said an army unit will be established in Ekiti State soon.

Ihejerika said when he Ekiti State Governor Kayode Fayemi visited him in Abuja on Wednesday that the Nigerian Army and the state government would collaborate to ensure the effective take-off of the planned military unit.

He also called for a collaboration between the army and the state government, adding that there was no way the army could secure the state if there was no effective collaboration.

The COAS added that the collaboration had become important because of the huge resources required for the military unit.

Ihejerika said having a military base in the state could not be overemphasised, adding that the project would be done in phases, so that the financial burden would not be too much for the two parties.

He assured the governor that surveyors from the Nigerian Army would be posted to Ekiti to work with their counterparts in the state to work on the the project.

The army chief said he was happy that the governor with his background in war studies was familiar with the workings of the military.

He said, “Your request for an army unit is in line with the revised Nigerian Army structure. I am happy Ekiti is ready to partner with the Nigerian Army to actualise it.

“Because it is capital intensive, we can do it in phases. Our surveyors will link up with the state surveyors to get it done.

“I am however happy that someone of your calibre, who has a background in military and security tactics, is at the helms of affairs in Ekiti State. I believe you will now have an ample opportunity to practicalise all you have been teaching over the years.”

Fayemi explained to the COAS how the state had relied on military support from the army unit in Okitipupa, Ondo State since the creation of Ekiti in 1996.

He said though Ekiti had benefited from the military unit in Okitipupa, it was important for the state to have a unit in order to boost security.

Fayemi added that timely interventions were usually difficult to achieve because of the distance between Ado Ekiti and Okitipupa where the nearest army unit is located.

The meeting was attended by divisional heads and sectional directors of the army headquarters as well as commissioners from Ekiti.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201108118423782
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by ektbear: 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2011
Good development.

I like these quotes especially:

"The COAS added that the collaboration had become important because of the huge resources required for the military unit."

“Because it is capital intensive, we can do it in phases. Our surveyors will link up with the state surveyors to get it done."

The more money spent by the FG on my state, the better (this is me speaking from a selfish perspective, though)
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by PointB: 3:17pm On Aug 11, 2011
^^^
"Every human being is inherently selfish." You have committed no crime. In any case, the State Governor Kayode Fayemi made the request, and the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Onyeabo Ihejerika, thinks it benefits the Army, so be it. Collaboration is more beneficial than competition and conflicts. Lets hope this pan out well, and not a political gimmick by either or both of them.
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 11, 2011
people just don't learn!!!

Occupation!!!!
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by PointB: 3:33pm On Aug 11, 2011
9jaganja:

people just don't learn!!!

Occupation!!!!

Ok, I guess you want to tell us how the State Governor is inviting an occupation force into his state. We are waiting.
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2011
G
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by PointB: 12:41am On Aug 12, 2011
^^^ Point noted. But I think you are little paranoid here. There is already military presence in the SW - Lagos. And Lagos is even more strategic than Ekiti State. I dont really thinks it's a bad idea having a military unit in Ekiti, and the Ekiti Governor certainly wants it.
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by tpia5: 1:28am On Aug 12, 2011
which town?
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by PointB: 1:54am On Aug 12, 2011
^^^
Not stated. I think it's still under preliminary stage. The State Governor and the Military brass will have to agree on that U suppose.
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by tpia5: 1:59am On Aug 12, 2011
true.
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 12, 2011
9jaganja:

The presence of the military in W has never proven to be a good thing at all unless they want to start a unit that would have 95% of the military men from the W,

Considering the fact that W and basically Yorubas are the chief agitator for true federalism which many people in the North doesn't agree with, it will be a grave mistake should any Western state governor encourage military occupation of his state,

I know having a barrack there will mean security which may encourage investment, our military is not yet on same level with our human rights demand at all. There fore they must remain somewhere far from the people unless in times of need,

Ekiti went through riots etc but the whole thing was settled with minimal military presence. If the military were to have a unit in Ekiti back then, the killing would have been a serious one because our military are not yet modern enough to understand human rights,

So unless, they are nursing the Idea of having Western officers and recruit some Western men into military with the unit in Ekiti, I'm sorry, military officers will always fight politically depending on the commanding officer,

Are you from Ekiti? Just asking, some of your post are quite emotion when it comes to the state.

Abi are you . . . . uh oh. . .
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 12, 2011
R
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 12, 2011
9jaganja:

lol naaa,  I'm Awori,  I care about Yorubas deeply!! but I've been to Ikogosi, Aramoko, Ado Ekiti and Oye,  I get around a lot with grandma in Nigeria,  I actually spent two months in Ado Ekiti,  at Adebayo lol,

Ok o. Ekiti a gbe e sha.

You've been to 4 more places than ekkt-bear. Good good.
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 12, 2011
Ekiti kete lol!!!!

Lol how would you know that?
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 12, 2011
ekt bear is my little brother. What dont I know about him.

He never stepped foot in Ekiti, but he knows more about Ekiti more than you and I. Aint that just fabulous cheesy tongue
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 12, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

eky bear is my little brother. What dont I know about him.

He never stepped foot in Ekiti, but he knows more about Ekiti more than you and I. Aint that just fabulous cheesy tongue

Hahahahahahah, I doubt he knows Ekiti more than me tongue tongue, If he speaks Ekiti, then he doesn't speak Titeen lol and he doesn't know Pa Adegoke in Ojumose tongue tongue
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 12, 2011
Can you speak Ekiti?

Ekt bear speaks Ekiti ke? My lil brother does not even know what "aburo" means grin

Ojumose? Are we making up toponyms now? angry
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 12, 2011
R
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 12, 2011
I was just messing with you. Simply testing your knowledge of Nigeria. I know about Ojumose and. . . .and. . . . the other places.
I thought you were just [i]another [/i]Celtic boy. tongue
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Ojumiii(m): 8:35am On Aug 12, 2011
what-ever
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 12, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I was just messing with you. Simply testing your knowledge of Nigeria. I know about Ojumose and. . . .and. . . . the other places.
I thought you were just [i]another [/i]Celtic boy. tongue

Lol!! I'm probably the only celtic blood that knows Ojumose hahahahahahahah,

Seriously, if you know Ojumose, then describe the building that is before the round about, tongue tongue
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 12, 2011
9jaganja:

Lol!! I'm probably the only celtic blood that knows Ojumose hahahahahahahah,

Seriously, if you know Ojumose, then describe the building that is before the round about, tongue tongue

grin grin grin You'd be surprised.

LOL, are you sure you want me to describe that building ?
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 12, 2011
Yup I want you to and tell me the name of the woman who has a cocacola depot opposite it tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 12, 2011
9jaganja:

Yup I want you to and tell me the name of the woman who has a cocacola depot opposite it tongue tongue tongue tongue

Next you'll want me to memorize your bank details.

Is that a possibility? tongue cheesy
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 12, 2011
hahahahahaha ole!!!
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 12, 2011
That is a "yes" then.

Work in progress.
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 12, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

That is a "yes" then.

Work in progress.
keep working towards getting ma bank info first then you gon do the long Bottom work of memorizing an ever changing password and security questions lol,  I have a hard time getting that my self,
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 12, 2011
9jaganja:

keep working towards getting ma bank info first then you gon do the long Bottom work of memorizing an ever changing password and security questions lol,  I have a hard time getting that my self,

Do you want to try? Want me to prove to you that my memory is the sharpest of them all?
Abi you dey fear tongue
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by linsa01(m): 9:36am On Aug 12, 2011
^^ u ppl shuldn't turn this thread to ur personal discussion abt who knows where in the state. Lol
@poster, good for us d ekiti ketes!
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by Imagineers: 10:23am On Aug 12, 2011
The truth is that Ekiti State has been under the siege of armed robbers recently and it looks like the local police is helpless. The move by the governor is to complement the effective policing of the state.

The joint patrol was used in Lagos and there is army buffer to rely on in case of extremes. The Nigerian police like all police everywhere in the world has there own peculiarities. They can not handle extremes like the navy seal.

It is quite an oversight that there is no military presence in the whole of Ekitiland! Banks have had to close for days to the public just for fear of being attacked! A boost in the security level will surely improve the states economy and subsequently the welfare of the people. More people more business.
Re: Ekiti To Get Army Unit –ihejerika by jokingmary(m): 11:57am On Aug 12, 2011
hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphic Images Of "The Deadliest Drug In Theworld" / Other APC Presidential Aspirants Team Up Against Buhari / We Will Open The Gate Of Hell On Those Who Oppose You” David Oyedepo To GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.