Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? (2446 Views)

Please Join In Praying For Okonjo Iweala / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Apart From Anointing Oil, Do U Believe In Praying Wit Other Items? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by choiceA: 3:30pm On Feb 24, 2006
This is not so much a discussion thread on a topic; it's a place where we bend the knee to Him who is greater than us. Please post a short prayer for sanity to return to our beloved country Nigeria. If you've got almost nothing to say, a simple "amen" or short verse to encourage others will do. Thank you.

O God, please step into our situation and stop the murders taking place in our nation. We ask in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Related: Christian Prayer 'Forum Game'[/url]
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by alheri(f): 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2006
Yes choice, I'll join you.

Lord, help us to realise that vengeance is yours and yours alone and that in as much as it feels good to take "an eye for an eye", it is more blessed to turn the other cheek. In Jesus's name we pray. Amen
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by Free(f): 5:08pm On Feb 24, 2006
I will join ya too

i pray that for peace and brotherly love in nigeria
AMEN!!!!
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by choiceA: 6:54pm On Feb 24, 2006
Amen and Amen!! - alheri and Free.
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by darqly(m): 7:32pm On Feb 24, 2006
Father teach us to love our country before self.
AMEN!
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by uche1(m): 8:34pm On Feb 24, 2006
Almighty God,
bless our nation
and make it true
to the ideas of freedom and justice
and brotherhood for all who make it great.

Make this great land
and all its people
know clearly Your will,
that they may fulfill
the destiny ordained for us
in the salvation of the nations,
and the restoring of all things in Christ.

Amen
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by choiceA: 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2006
Praise God!
Father, thank you for the gift of life, and we ask in Jesus' Name that
the shedding of blood through excuses of politics or religion will be stopped.

We pray for healing in hurt feelings, confidence instead of suspicion,
and freedom instead of the fear that has descended in the past weeks.

Thank you for mighty answers in Jesus' Name! Amen.
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by otokx(m): 9:40pm On Feb 24, 2006
It is WELL
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by luridguy(m): 11:18pm On Feb 24, 2006
otokx:

It is WELL

ni oruko jesu
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by Badman888(m): 1:18am On Feb 25, 2006
Amen,
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by TESS75(f): 2:48am On Feb 25, 2006
For peace in Nigeria we pray oh Lord

Amen Amen
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by maji1: 10:46am On Feb 25, 2006
Oh Allah,

Towards the Expanse of thy Pardon
Have we extended our hands in Prayer
We are in urgent need of your mercy.

Oh Most Merciful,

Turn to Our Nation in its Hour of Need
Unify Nigerians, and Bring us all Closer To thee.
All Praise is Due To You Alone,
The Ever Existing, Self- Subsisting,
Watchful Guardian.
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by Ynot(m): 12:54pm On Feb 25, 2006
May He who dwell in Heaven cause our leaders to stop stealing our money.
May He guide OBJ to read the constitution and forget about third term.
May He convince our tertiary institution lecturers to teach and not just sell hand-out.
May He save us from and eradicate cult members in our universities.
May He teach the police not to collect bribes.
May He turn Nigerian gay wo/men to straight wo/men.
May He inspire our pastors to use the offering they collect to help build the community.
May He teach okada drivers not to drive too fast.
May He block spam mails from 419ers.
May He enable our air plane operators to service their plane before take-off.

All these and others we ask in Jesus name. Amen.

Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by buckeye(m): 6:15am On Feb 26, 2006
And may God deliver our country Nigeria from dem bad rulers.

Amen!!!
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by pintos(m): 10:48am On Feb 26, 2006
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost!
My Father and Lord, I pray that the Leaders and people in Nigeria will  allow justice prevail in our country, for you are God of Justice.
Father Lord, You said You will be the Defender/Shield/Sword of the Defenseless
Oh Heavenly Father, have mercy on the millions of Defenseless/Hungry Nigerians being oppressed by a devilish system of Leadership and tribal bigotry,  remove any obstacle and all those playing god on the way of your People, just like you did in the past to save your Children from further oppression and Slavery in the hands of our political Pharaohs.
Let your mighty power, as it was on resurrection day of JESUS come down today and clean  Nigeria of all those Satanic Agents masquerading either as Political or Religious Leaders ,just like you did in the days of Abachanomics, for you alone are LORD .
Glory be to the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost- as it was in the beginning and ever shall be, world without end- AMEN!

Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 26, 2006
Oh God, please i ask you to save our country Nigeria ad make it a safe place. Also make everyone realize that we are one no matter the religion, or tribe. PLEASE GOD ALSO FORGIVE US OUR SINS COS WE KNOW WE ARE MISERABLE OFFENDERS. IN JESUS NAME AMEN.
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by 4getme1(m): 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2006
Amen!!

And Father, give comfort to those who have been affected by the destruction of life and property. Only You can do what man cannot do, and we ask for restoration, healing and mutual co-existence among our citizenry. Wash away our shame, in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen!
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by kenshin(m): 2:30pm On Feb 26, 2006
Father,
In the precious name of Jesus, we lift up Nigeria up to you and ask that you help us live at peace with one another and help us keep the words of the National Pledge.
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by Free(f): 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2006
AMEN AMEN & AMEN!!!!
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by hayo(m): 2:21pm On Feb 27, 2006
O God of creation
Direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attained
To build a nation where truth and Justice shall reign!
Amen
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by idiotboop(f): 4:15am On Feb 28, 2006
Father in heaven
We commit our country to your gracious hands lord. Father help us chose our leaders wisely
and instil in us the spirit of discernment in all matters regarding the leadership of our nation.

father bless all in and outside Nigeria, continue to give the powerless and vunerable the strenght
to survive in Jesus name.

Father uproot all corrupting spirits in government, homes and lives of the people.
Give the Young disillussioned Nigerians a fresh boost to change things for your good lord.

Lord all negative, corruptible elements in high places be broken in Jesus name. Give us the spirit of unity
and uncompromising zeal to uphold all that is righteous and pure in your sight .

Thank you father for your love and grace and we pray that as a nation You come first above all. Amen
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by 4getme1(m): 4:52am On Feb 28, 2006
Amen.
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by buckeye(m): 5:11am On Feb 28, 2006
Amen
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by eliztoy(f): 7:55am On Feb 28, 2006
GOD BLESS NIGERIA IN JESUS NAME,AMEN.
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by 4getme1(m): 8:28pm On Feb 28, 2006
"Call unto Me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." - Jer.33:3

Abba Father, thank you for the mercies we have received from You as a nation. The wounds in many hearts today threaten to break up Nigeria. Oh, we plead the power of your love to heal lives, restore hope, and keep us together as one strong people - that the Name of your Son, Jesus Christ may be glorified. Amen.
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by choiceA: 3:23am On Mar 01, 2006
Amen. Thank you, Lord Jesus!
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by seuntech(m): 12:14pm On Mar 01, 2006
[center]BLACK EYED PEAS[/center][center]WHERE IS THE LOVE[/center]
[center]What's wrong with the world, mama
People livin' like they ain't got no mamas
I think the whole world addicted to the drama
Only attracted to things that'll bring you trauma
Overseas, yeah, we try to stop terrorism
But we still got terrorists here livin'
In the USA, the big CIA
The Bloods and The Crips and the KKK
But if you only have love for your own race
Then you only leave space to discriminate
And to discriminate only generates hate
And when you hate then you're bound to get irate, yeah
Madness is what you demonstrate
And that's exactly how anger works and operates
Man, you gotta have love just to set it straight
Take control of your mind and meditate
Let your soul gravitate to the love, y'all, y'all

People killin', people dyin'
Children hurt and you hear them cryin'
Can you practice what you preach
And would you turn the other cheek

Father, Father, Father help us
Send us some guidance from above
'Cause people got me, got me questionin'
Where is the love (Love)

Where is the love (The love)
Where is the love
The love, the love

It just ain't the same, always unchanged
New days are strange, is the world insane
If love and peace is so strong
Why are there pieces of love that don't belong
Nations droppin' bombs
Chemical gasses fillin' lungs of little ones
With ongoin' sufferin' as the youth die young
So ask yourself is the lovin' really gone
So I could ask myself really what is goin' wrong
In this world that we livin' in people keep on givin'
in
Makin' wrong decisions, only visions of them dividends
Not respectin' each other, deny thy brother
A war is goin' on but the reason's undercover
The truth is kept secret, it's swept under the rug
If you never know truth then you never know love
Where's the love, y'all, come on (I don't know)
Where's the truth, y'all, come on (I don't know)
Where's the love, y'all

Where is the love (Love)

Where is the love
The love, the love

I feel the weight of the world on my shoulder
As I'm gettin' older, y'all, people gets colder
Most of us only care about money makin'
Selfishness got us followin' our wrong direction
Wrong information always shown by the media
Negative images is the main criteria
Infecting the young minds faster than bacteria
Kids want to act like what they see in the cinema
Yo', whatever happened to the values of humanity
Whatever happened to the fairness in equality
Instead in spreading love we spreading animosity
Lack of understanding, leading lives away from unity
That's the reason why sometimes I'm feelin' under
That's the reason why sometimes I'm feelin' down
There's no wonder why sometimes I'm feelin' under
Gotta keep my faith alive till love is found

Where is the love (Love)

Where is the love (The love)[/center]

Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by Free(f): 5:04pm On Mar 01, 2006
@ seuntech thats a good one, where is the love for real,
i love that song cheesy cheesy
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by raldsfield(m): 11:48pm On Mar 01, 2006
Mighty Of Mights we bless your name,

you are the fountain of living waters.

may you release Nigeria from the hands of oppressor.

father, the Hausa man has ruled for Long,

Now you have given it to the Yoruba brother,

Daddy, I think it is time to try the Igbo man.

May you give us an Igbo man worthy to represent the interest of the Nigerian mass,

And make our Hausa and Yoruba to understand that power should shift and that they are not the only

ones that know how to lead

Amen.
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by barikade: 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2006
Jer. 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

Father, You know all things and nothing takes you by surprise. Thank you for today, we give you praise.
We ask that your thoughts may abide with us as a nation - that we may enjoy the peace we long for from you alone, and that the evil we have seen the past month have no bearing in our future history. In Jesus' Name.

Amen.
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by alheri(f): 2:18pm On Mar 10, 2006
Our Father in heaven, we worship you. We praise you and give all glory and honor to you. Today Lord I ask, in the name of your holy Son Jesus.Who you sent to the world to deliver us from death unto your salvation, your Son whom you gave the name, that every knee must bow to the sound of the name Jesus. I ask oh God, deliver us and our children from people like the reverend of the kinky Mary Magdaline church. Who are decieving people in your name. Father in your word in John 10:10, you said that the devil's purpose is to steal, kill and destroy. That is exactly what this kinky church is trying to do. To steal and kill destinys and also to destroy lives. Father I pray in the name of Jesus, that you paralyse their activities in Jesus name. Even in the lives of Nigerians and people all over the world. Father help us to resist the devil that he might flee from us, grant us the grace to draw near to you so you will also draw near to us. Purify our hearts oh God so the devil will not outsmart us, for we are familiar with the devil and all his schemes. Forgive our sins oh God, in deeds and in omissions. Lord cleanse our hearts.
Help us to guard our hearts and deliver us from all evil. In Jesus Name I pray.
Re: Would You Please Join Me In Praying For Nigeria? by choiceA: 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2006
Amin oooooh!! Jesu!!

Amen and Amen!

I pray, O Father, that You grant discernment to the many people who are tempted to fall prey to schemes of the devil, both in Nigeria and beyond. Thy Word is Truth; Sanctify us with Thy Truth. In Jesus' Name.

Amen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Think? / Consequence Of Idleness To The Body Of Christ / What Happens To Christians Who Commit Suicide? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.