Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,919 members, 7,799,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live (20138 Views)

Enaira Platform Goes Live, Records 1 Million Hits In 24 Hours / BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge / International Breweries To Merge With Two Other Firms After SEC, NSE Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by nlfpmod: 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
The much-awaited overhaul of Ethereum known as the Merge has finally arrived to take the digital machinery at the core of the second-largest cryptocurrency to a vastly more energy-efficient system.

This is coming after years of development and delay.

The idea was there from the start that Ethereum would eventually make the switch to proof-of-stake. But the transition was a complicated technical effort – an endeavor so risky that many doubted it would happen at all.

“The metaphor that I use is this idea of switching out an engine from a running car,” said Justin Drake, a researcher at the non-profit Ethereum Foundation who spoke to CoinDesk before the Merge happened. “I like to think of it as kind of like the switch from gasoline to electric.”

“There’s a part of me which hasn’t completely realized that this is actually happening,” Drake said.

“I’m somewhat in denial, you know, because I’ve trained myself to just expect it to happen in the future.”

According to Ethereum’s developers, the upgrade will make the network – which houses a $60 billion ecosystem of cryptocurrency exchanges, lending companies, non-fungible token (NFT) marketplaces and other apps – more secure and scalable.

When the Merge officially took off, over 41,000 people were tuned in on YouTube to an “Ethereum Mainnet Merge Viewing Party.” After about 15 long minutes, the Merge officially got finalized, and could officially be called a success.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/ethereum-merge-officially-goes-live/amp/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by championship: 2:03pm On Sep 15, 2022
Good news

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by treasurenat(m): 2:03pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wonderful
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Ekpekus(m): 2:03pm On Sep 15, 2022
grin
Who nor get mind or money to spare nor dey invest in cryptocurrency.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Johnkay01: 2:03pm On Sep 15, 2022

ETHERIUM IS TRAILBLAZING

2 Likes

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by seanwilliam(m): 2:03pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nice
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Winters23: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
grin

Unbelievable!

I can't believe this made front page on nairaland after 6hrs, Lols

Normally it takes 3days+ until after lots of inter tribal wars and religious tantrums and maybe one or two snake stories before this gets here.

We're getting there

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by coconutbag: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
Once this shows stability, the scalability of the ethereum network will bring about reduction in transaction fees, a huge growth in number of users with resultant increase in the value of the coin.

The future will unfold before us.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by bigdammyj: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
Noted.
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by paragon40(m): 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
Fantastic!

2 Likes

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by iLoveYouToo(m): 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
Finally
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Lawlab252: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
Ok
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by etrange: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
The producer-consumer relationship the rest of the world has with with Africa isn't gonna change anytime soon.

6 Likes

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by donaldking100: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
After wetin M.M.M do me for this life, i no longer trust any of these online bullshit.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Nwaomaah: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
Great

1 Like

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by VeryWickedMan: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
Time to steal the funds still remaining from Bitcoin & MMM mugus before Xmas.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Johnrake69: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
Hopefully, this leads to mass adoption of crypto currency.

If you're still on the sideline don't stay there for too long unless you want to be left behind. Crypto is the future of finance.

7 Likes

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Cmeo(m): 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
What does the merge translate to??

2 Likes

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Ucbethuel(m): 2:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
grin cheesy

First to comment wow

1 Like

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by SanLorrenzo(m): 2:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
Crazy good
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by topekole(f): 2:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nice one congratulations all
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by ogbonti: 2:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
dem won collect pipo money again - wayo don start - buyers beware grin

5 Likes

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by budosky(m): 2:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nice one
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by wpadmin: 2:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
Awesome
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by loosecanon50(m): 2:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wow, let's see whether other coins will pump with this news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by charlesedu777: 2:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
Congrats, nice, great news.
Both those who know and those of us that knows nothing about it.
Saying congrats,nice, Good news.
How will some one make sure money in it .
No scam please.
Will know all in Nigeria are scammers.....
Please show road....,no scamming

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by inoki247: 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
I sha see say all the Cryptoo platform wey I dey advertise am me I no understand am....

Anything wey no b BTC,USDT,USDC I no dey near am...
Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by djsteplion: 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
Mtcheew..
I was even thinking price of ethereum might pump slightly with the news of the merge.

coconutbag:
Once this shows stability, the scalability of the ethereum network will bring about reduction in transaction fees, a huge growth in number of users with resultant increase in the value of the coin.

The future will unfold before us.

This particular merge will not bring about reduction in transaction fees. The only major change here is that, mining ethereum is no longer by PoW(proof of work) , but now by PoS(proof of stake).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethereum ‘Merge’ Officially Goes Live by Winters23: 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
donaldking100:
After wetin M.M.M do me for this life, i no longer trust any of these online bullshit.

Good luck being poor, your choice and your right by the way

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director / Virtual Assistance Can Create Job Opportunity For Nigerian Youths / Facebook Audience Network: How To Make Money, Step By Step Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.