Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. (999 Views)

Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / Daddy Freeze: Prosperity Doctrine Is Fraudulent & Satanic From The Pits Of Hell / Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Jashub: 4:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I am afraid your confusion is not mine. I am not Jesus Christ but I stated is exactly that which Jesus Christ taught to His followers from over 2000 years ago. If you had bothered reading through the Gospels without your "special interpretation" goggles you would known of this. undecided

2. No one who follows the Truth of God would ever recommend the doctrines and traditions of men to others. You are not as opaque as you think. undecided

3. Even safer to claim that I believe that Jesus Christ is absolutely the only Way there is to the Salvation which He offers - all the doctrines and traditions of men are lies which only lead the multitudes to paths that are against Jesus Christ , just as Jesus Christ Himself said and taught. The so-called shallow-mentality you perseve is born from that very conviction which I now have, thanks to God. undecided

That is actually what Jesus Christ taught but sadly most of you are instead filled with ideas that are far from that written in scripture. undecided
You are not in any position to tell us what Jesus taught which is why I said you should face your own salvation. But unfortunately, you have chosen to mind other people's choices of salvation. Which is laughable and pathetic grin
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
Jashub:
1. You are not in any position to tell us what Jesus taught which is why I said you should face your own salvation.
2. But unfortunately, you have chosen to mind other people's choices of salvation. Which is laughable and pathetic grin
1. I am, this since Jesus Christ mandates that those of His followers who know His truth shout it from the rooftops. undecided

2. You seem to think Jesus Christ is open to private interpretation and meaning, and more than half of His time, He spent warning against such. undecided
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Jashub: 4:59pm On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I am, this since Jesus Christ mandates that those of His followers who know His truth shout it from the rooftops. undecided

2. You seem to think Jesus Christ is open to private interpretation and meaning, and more than half of His time, He spent warning against such. undecided
Point of correction: Jesus never mandated you ; you mandated yourself because you feel it is your right teach others your way of seeing scripture. So I would be right in call you a false teacher ; a wolf among sheep gringrin
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Sep 16, 2022
Jashub:
1. Point of correction: Jesus never mandated you ;
2. you mandated yourself because you feel it is your right teach others your way of seeing scripture. So I would be right in call you a false teacher ; a wolf among sheep gringrin
1. It is in fact a command given by Jesus Christ, and His followers are all of them called to live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to His Teachings and commandments after all. undecided
26 “So have no fear of them, for nothing is covered that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known.
27 What I tell you in the dark, say in the light, and what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops.
28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.[h]
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?[i] And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.
30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.
31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
32 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven,
33 [/b]but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven. - [b]Matthew 10 vs 26 - 28
2. If the way I see what is written is as it is written... how can it then be considered my way when the written Way is that proclaimed by Jesus Christ Himself? undecided
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Jashub: 6:55pm On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. It is in fact a command given by Jesus Christ, and His followers are all of them called to live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to His Teachings and commandments after all. undecided

2. If the way I see what is written is as it is written... how can it then be considered my way when the written Way is that proclaimed by Jesus Christ Himself? undecided
Jesus Christ proclaimed it not you . Secondly, the bible is available for all to read and it does not need you to interpret it for others . Which is why I said "run your race ". Salavtion is a personal decision not a public affair grin
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2022
Jashub:
1. Jesus Christ proclaimed it not you .
2. Secondly, the bible is available for all to read and it does not need you to interpret it for others . Which is why I said "run your race ". Salavtion is a personal decision not a public affair grin
1. Well, duh! undecided

And since the same Jesus Christ also said those who love Him are those who submit and obey His teachings and commandments, clearly, I am to do as He commands. undecided

2. The passage I posted from Matthew 10 there was straight from the book, no interpretations applied. As you can see, what is written is as I stated. So, what interpretation do you claim was offered by me for others? undecided

Look, this ain't rocket science. As Jesus Christ told you 2000 years ago, Heaven and Earth will pass away but not a jot of the Word as decreed by God will pass away. If by way of your special interpretations you change even one jot, you damned your own self by it. undecided
17 “Don’t think that I have come to destroy the Law of Moses or the teaching of the prophets. I have come not to destroy their teachings but to give full meaning to them.
18 I assure you that nothing will disappear from the law until heaven and earth are gone. The law will not lose even the smallest letter or the smallest part of a letter until it has all been done.
19 “A person should obey every command in the law, even one that does not seem important. Whoever refuses to obey any command and teaches others not to obey it will be the least important in God’s kingdom. But whoever obeys the law and teaches others to obey it will be great in God’s kingdom.
20 I tell you that you must do better than the teachers of the law and the Pharisees. If you are not more pleasing to God than they are, you will never enter God’s kingdom. - Matthew 5 vs 17 vs 20
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Jashub: 7:08pm On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Well, duh! undecided

And since the same Jesus Christ also said those who love Him are those who submit and obey His teachings and commandments, clearly, I am to do as He commands. undecided

2. The passage I posted from Matthew 10 there was straight from the book, no interpretations applied. As you can see, what is written is as I stated. So, what interpretation do you claim was offered by me for others? undecided

Look, this ain't rocket science. As Jesus Christ told you 2000 years ago, Heaven and Earth will pass away but not a jot of the Word as decreed by God will pass away. If by way of your special interpretations you change even one jot, you damned your own self by it. undecided
You deceive yourself . grin

Jesus is my Judge not you . Secondly, you are not even conscious of your own salvation let alone the salvation of other . How pathetic of a so called "follower of Jesus"

P.S: Hope you returned that phone to its rightful owner because you claimed to have sold all you have, yet swindled a hardworking person by preaching a sermon contrary to labor grin grin grin
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Kobojunkie: 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2022
Jashub:
1. You deceive yourself . grin Jesus is my Judge not you . Secondly, you are not even conscious of your own salvation let alone the salvation of other . How pathetic of a so called "follower of Jesus"

2. P.S: Hope you returned that phone to its rightful owner because you claimed to have sold all you have, yet swindled a hardworking person by preaching a sermon contrary to labor grin grin grin
1. Everything I have said so far on this are the very words of Jesus Christ, the one whom you claim is your judge, so it is even right now His Word that judges you. undecided

2. I did sell all I had and give it away to the poor in order to gain access into the Kingdom of God through the Narrow gate that leads to True Life, just as Jesus Christ taught. And ever since then, God has proven His Word true in that He provides for His own all that they need and desire without them needing to work for perishable food to obtain it all.. undecided
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Jashub: 7:16pm On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Everything I have said so far on this are the very words of Jesus Christ, the one whom you claim is your judge, so it is even right now His Word that judges you. undecided

2. I did sell all I had and give it away to the poor in order to gain access into the Kingdom of God through the Narrow gate that leads to True Life, just as Jesus Christ taught. undecided

I struggle to understand how someone so deceitful could convince a hardworking person to part with an item so that you could sell your religious scam of "gaining access to the kingdom of heaven " grin

You swindled someone yet you have the guts to tell me about Jesus Lol... madam, you are seriously deceiving yourself and your listeners grin cheesy grin
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
Jashub:
1. I struggle to understand how someone so deceitful could convince a hardworking person to part with an item so that you could sell your religious scam of "gaining access to the kingdom of heaven " grin

2. You swindle someone yet you have the guts to tell me about Jesus . Madam, you are seriously deceiving yourself and your listeners grin cheesy grin
1. I don't follow. Who convinced whom to part with what exactly? undecided

2. Who exactly are you accusing me of swindling by the way? undecided
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Jashub: 7:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I don't follow. Who convinced whom to part with what exactly? undecided

You have selective amnesia as always . grin
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2022
Jashub:
You have selective amnesia as always . grin
Again...1. I don't follow. Who convinced whom to part with what exactly? undecided

Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Jashub: 7:49pm On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again...1. I don't follow. Who convinced whom to part with what exactly? undecided

You are asking me a very foolish question. The person who gave you the phone you are using ...did you not swindle him with your false gospel of seeking for the kingdom of heaven ? Lol...keep deceiving yourself and your listeners . Your reward is in front grin
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
Jashub:
You are asking me a very foolish question. The person who gave you the phone you are using ...did you not swindle him with your false gospel of seeking for the kingdom of heaven ? Lol...keep deceiving yourself and your listeners grin

Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Jashub: 7:51pm On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Keep asking me ...your selective Amnesia will soon wear off grin
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Sep 16, 2022
Jashub:

Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Jashub: 7:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by delkuf(m): 11:19pm On Sep 16, 2022
Jashub:
Guy, so Kobo swindle people of there belongings.
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Jashub: 11:31pm On Sep 16, 2022
delkuf:
Bros , na long story o. I was having a nice chat with some about how the bible supports labor and work , but my aunty no gree (as usual grin) . She started quoting verses upon verses that say "human labor is cursed" (according to Genesis grin) , and that true followers of Jesus should follow the commandment of Jesus (which means we should be so heavenly minded that we are of no earthly value grin)

She then came up with this I-sold-all-that-I -have -story, and admitted to me that the current phone she is using was given to her by someone. Just imagine , she is preaching against labor ,yet is eager to collect the phone of someone who works. Can you imagine the hypocrisy... grin
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by delkuf(m): 11:36pm On Sep 16, 2022
Jashub:
Bros , na long story o. I was having a nice chat with some about how the bible supports labor and work , but my aunty no gree (as usual grin) . She started quoting verses upon verses that say "human labor is cursed" (according to Genesis grin) , and that true followers of Jesus should follow the commandment of Jesus (which means we should be so heavenly minded that we are of no earthly value grin)

She then came up with this I-sold-all-that-I -have -story, and admitted to me that the current phone she is using was given to her by someone. Just imagine , she is preaching against labor ,yet is eager to collect the phone of someone who works. Can you imagine the hypocrisy... grin
Just imagine. Later she go dey insult pastors. Is he a she or he
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Jashub: 11:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
delkuf:
Just imagine. Later she go dey insult pastors. Is he a she or he
Bros, Kobo na babe. And na very hypocritical person wey dey talk out of confusion and foolishness grin

1 Like

Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 17, 2022
Whatever church you choose;
1. Pray to God to guide you in His Ways.
2. Read your Bible everyday.
3. Whatever any GO or pastor says should be tested with the Bible. If it doesn't conform with the Bible, discard it.
4. Love your neighbour, and help people if you are able to.
5. And remember, most of what is done in most Nigerian churches is just religion. So, you have to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, as the Bible states.
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Lighthouse50: 12:29pm On Sep 17, 2022
delkuf:
Man, be fast tn hear and slow to speak.
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Lighthouse50: 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2022
Jashub:

Make research on peacehouse by Bro Gbile Akanni. Many G.O And pastors including ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO Etc do go for his minister retreat. He has thousands of disciplers both home and abroad and none work. The day you become a discipler you must stop labouring for material things and labour for GOD.
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Jashub: 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2022
Lighthouse50:
Make research on peacehouse by Bro Gbile Akanni. Many G.O And pastors including ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO Etc do go for his minister retreat. He has thousands of disciplers both home and abroad and none work. The day you become a discipler you must stop labouring for material things and labour for GOD.
I do not follow ministers blindly ; I follow my bible . And my bible says " For even when we were with you, this we commanded you: that if any would not work, neither should he eat."(2 Thess3:10)

If we all labor in the Lord , who would feed us and where would the donation for the gospel come from ? The bible never condemns work , we Nigerian Christians are the ones condemning it , hence making us and God look like a fool before unbelievers
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Lighthouse50: 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2022
Jashub:
Bros, Kobo na babe. And na very hypocritical person wey dey talk out of confusion and foolishness grin

Sir, truth is bitter but true. NOTE: IM TALKING NEUTRALLY. Most of our pastors knows that labour came as a result of man's fall and since Christ came to lift man up from the fall back to their feet, truly labour is a result of curse. Jesus and his disciples didnt labour yet lacked nothing. All disciples of Christ left their work to follnw christ and never returned. Peter once asked that we that have left everything we had and followed you, what will be our gain? Jesus replied no one who forsake all for my sake will by no way not get hundred fold in his kingdom. Apostle paul knew this but said he does not want to put expenses on the church. finally its not for everyone but only Gnd's elects. ECCLESIASTES 2 VS 26 SAYS GOD GIVES WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE AND JOY TO THE MAN WHO PLEASES HIM BUT TO THE SINNER HE GIVES LABOURING SO HE CAN GIVE TO ONE WHO PLEASES GOD.
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Jashub: 1:01pm On Sep 17, 2022
Lighthouse50:
Sir, truth is bitter but true. NOTE: IM TALKING NEUTRALLY. Most of our pastors knows that labour came as a result of man's fall and since Christ came to lift man up from the fall back to their feet, truly labour is a result of curse. Jesus and his disciples didnt labour yet lacked nothing. All disciples of Christ left their work to follnw christ and never returned. Peter once asked that we that have left everything we had and followed you, what will be our gain? Jesus replied no one who forsake all for my sake will by no way not get hundred fold in his kingdom. Apostle paul knew this but said he does not want to put expenses on the church. finally its not for everyone but only Gnd's elects. ECCLESIASTES 2 VS 26 SAYS GOD GIVES WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE AND JOY TO THE MAN WHO PLEASES HIM BUT TO THE SINNER HE GIVES LABOURING SO HE CAN GIVE TO ONE WHO PLEASES GOD.
It is written in your bible that " In all labor there is profit "(Prover14:23). Why do you reject that and follow what suits your carnal thinking ... undecided

Like I said earlier, if we all claimed to work for God, then there will be hunger for all. Serving God does not exempt you from labor , rather it exhalts God and serves as a example to others
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Lighthouse50: 1:14pm On Sep 17, 2022
Jashub:
It is written in your bible that " In all labor there is profit "(Prover14:23). Why do you reject that and follow what suits your carnal thinking ... undecided

Like I said earlier, if we all claimed to work for God, then there will be hunger for all. Serving God does not exempt you from labor , rather it exhalts God and serves as a example to others
Sir, can you be wiser than Christ whn told the rich man who wants the kingdom to sell all he has, pick his cross and follow? God's chosen people (ministers) are not to work. They are like priests and leuites of old that do not work but do only God's work. They were not given any share of land. God says HE Is their share. Other 11 tribes work to bring a tenth. Note: chosen ones dont toil. The place you quoted is an advice to the lazy ones cos the elect too labour but not for material needs but for GOD. SIR IM PLEASED AND APPRECIATE THE OPPORTUNITY YOU GAVE ME TO EXPRESS GOD'S WORD.
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Jashub: 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2022
Lighthouse50:
Sir, can you be wiser than Christ whn told the rich man who wants the kingdom to sell all he has, pick his cross and follow? God's chosen people (ministers) are not to work. They are like priests and leuites of old that do not work but do only God's work. They were not given any share of land. God says HE Is their share. Other 11 tribes work to bring a tenth. Note: chosen ones dont toil. The place you quoted is an advice to the lazy ones cos the elect too labour but not for material needs but for GOD. SIR IM PLEASED AND APPRECIATE THE OPPORTUNITY YOU GAVE ME TO EXPRESS GOD'S WORD.
You deceive yourself .

While not all the disciples were averse to taking donations from the churches they served, Paul seemed to feel a unique conviction. “With toil and labor we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you,” he writes in 2 Thessalonians 3:8. In 1 Corinthians 12, Paul says that he acknowledges that missionaries have the right to live off of donations (“the Lord commanded that those who proclaim the gospel should get their living by the gospel”) but still maintains that he doesn’t have any interest in taking advantage of this right. “I have made no use of any of these rights, nor am I writing these things to secure any such provision. For I would rather die than have anyone deprive me of my ground for boasting,” he says in chapter 12 verse 15.

It’s in Act 20 that we find reference to Paul being an actual tentmaker. He takes up with Aquilla and his wife Priscilla in Corinth and joins them as a fellow tentmaker and missionary.

Secondly , levites were from the old Testament who made sacrifices unto God in a temple . There are no more levites , and neither are there temples ...so you are greatly mistaken to call yourself a levites.

So do yourself a favor and go and work; you will not die if you do so grin
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Lighthouse50: 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2022
Oh, i think i said just like the priests and levites of old. We have people who are great and those who are least im the kingdom. Where you quoted of paul didnt condemn those who didn't work. He decided to work at his own wish but later depended on the church for those period he was in chains. I trust christ's standard above paul's. Consider the birds of the air, they do not toil yet Gnd feeds them. Consider the flowers of the field, THEY TOIL NOT BUT God cloths them. How much mnre we made in God's image. Matt 7 vs 27 AND WHICH OF YOU BY BEING ANXIOUS CAN ADD A CUBIT TO HIS LIFE? VS 31 SAYS THE GENTILES (UNBELIEVERS) ARE THE ONES WHO STRUGGLE/LABOUR/TOIL OVER WHAT TO EAT, WHAT TO WEAR OR WHAT TO DRINK. THEY ARE REGARDED AS PEOPLE WITH LITTLE OR NO FAITH. Finally, if ynu have not be chosen by God it may not apply to you because nnly those a company has chosen are on payroll.
Re: I Need A Non-prosperity Church. Advice Needed. by Div10(m): 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2022
sexiestharam:
Hi Everyone,

Please I need advice on a Pentecostal non-prosperity church in Nigeria. I am tired of hearing about sowing seeds and reaping fruits of money and health because I have the conviction that it is not the true gospel.

Your recommendations will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Hi, I need to have words with you to the satisfaction of what your soul seeks for; kindly chat me on WhatsApp/call 08134621705

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Punishment For Fornication In The Bible? / My Pals / Who Not To Follow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.