Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries (49679 Views)

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) / 10 Luxury Buses Impounded, 150 Passengers Arrested In Lagos (pic) / Abuja Taxi Driver Strips Naked After His Car Was Impounded By Security Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nyamiri: 7:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
bonnyhope:
One sided rules from LASG

those commercial drivers don't obey traffic laws but they are never arrested

It seems you didn't see the list of vehicles to be auctioned. Commercial buses constitute like 70%.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nukilia: 7:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nigerians will learn sense immediately BAT becomes President angry
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nyamiri: 7:58pm On Sep 15, 2022
Katungado:
Wickedness

Maybe if someone driving one-way killed your family member, you won't be supporting nonsense.

This auctioning punishment is only for those who pass one-way.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Iykoto86(m): 7:59pm On Sep 15, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Well, that is draconian, to say the least.

Since he was there during the auctioning, he should have notified the officials so the officials in turn give him a concession such that he will be the one to buy the car. If that happens, he will end up buying his own car even at less than competitive price. The amount he pays for the car now being his fine for whatsoever offence he had committed.

Yes, it happened to a colleague who got his car imported with fake papers and the customs officers impounded the car. His car was subsequently auctioned to him at a very reduced price.

Anyway, no need crying over spilled milk, he should take heart, shiits do happen.
My brother,you just said my mind.lass ass,this life no just balance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nyamiri: 8:01pm On Sep 15, 2022
kevoh:
This is stupid! Why not impound his car and force him to pay 100k in 4 months instalments instead or some other fine that still ends with the man recovering his vehicle at the end of the day. I feel the man's agony. He probably must be feeding his family from the proceeds of that car!

That punishment is for vehicles who pa's one-way. A one-way driver is a potential killer. In my opinion, he should be jailed in addition to his vehicle being sold.

Commit any traffic offence, na fine. Pass one way, bye bye to your motor.
Those rules are meant to prevent one-way drivers from killing your kids and family members while they are trying to cross the road.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 15, 2022
Mubbyleey:
Lagos is the only state in Nigeria giving us Yankee vibes... We can as well say Lagos is the standard for other states to emulate. grin grin

None sense standard. Suffering but smiling... Most uncomfortable state in the country. High tax rate. High cost of living, high transport. Bribery and many more..
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Leoleo1(m): 8:01pm On Sep 15, 2022
See sentiments. Obedience is always better than sacrifice. He wouldn't even have to buy his own car back if he was just obedient

LeoDeKing:

Since he was there during the auctioning, he should have notified the officials so the officials in turn give him a concession such that he will be the one to buy the car. If that happens, he will end up buying his own car even at less than competitive price. The amount he pays for the car now being his fine for whatsoever offence he had committed.

Yes, it happened to a colleague who got his car imported with fake papers and the customs officers impounded the car. His car was subsequently auctioned to him at a very reduced price.

Anyway, no need crying over spilled milk, he should take heart, shiits do happen.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nyamiri: 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2022
cutelover19:
Heavy handed punishment as usual. This is why people lie and go to extremes to bribe or try to cover crimes.

No matter the traffic offense, this is an extreme punishment. A fine, or compulsory traffic course, community service, etc.

We are too wicked in this country, Tufiakwa

The punishment is for those who pass one way. They don't want one-way drivers to kill your family members and you are talking nonsense.

Maybe if a one-way driver kills your family members, your head will be correct and you will see the need to ban animals driving one-way.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Bigsteveg(m): 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2022
Seems you don't know the meaning of auction. The car was bidded for, no amount the car owner calls, someone will outshine him and what happens when the price is far above his financial capability?

LeoDeKing:

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by HazzanTazzan(m): 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2022
I won’t be surprised if it’s a lastma official who he had issue with on the road that seized the car and na still the official go buy the car at auction ...

If truly his car was seized lawfully, Nigerians need to be treated this way for us to have a change
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Creamypie(m): 8:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
Odunayomi247:
If this isnt pure wickedness,then I wonder what it is
a decent fine with community service would have replaced his indiscretion. This is too inhuman and out of place for the state
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
I feel for the man but law is law

The government should have ask him to pay the 400k as fine instead of selling his sweat so cheaply

This is just not right
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by OgatheTop: 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
LeoDeKing:

When your Yoruba ilks done conclude to rob the innocent Nigerian of his sweat.

Even if he cries blood there, the agbado brethren are evil.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Oshodipikin: 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
Truly, where there is no law, there is no sin.

However, you don't have to be stupidly wicked to cut off heads because you want to implement draconian rules. Nonsense.

Why can't Lagos send offenders to jail without the option of bail for maybe 3 to 4 weeks and see if people will dare break the rule.

Nobody wants to be incarcerated for silly reasons like taking one way. Jail them + compulsory community service and ensure no member of their families have access to them while they serve their terms.

Some of these guys get the cars on loan from Office and banks with interest. You go ahead to sell the cars because your state needs money is not the best. It's pure wickedness.

Nobody wants to be called an ex convict.

Dem need money for emilokan elections. Even LASTMA has now become a revenue centre.

If LASTMA catch you and you are offering him 10k or 20k. You deceiving yourself. They give as high as 30k to any officer who arrest a vehicle since you are surely gonna fvck out 70k+. Such officer's appraisal go fat wella because he is seen to be performing.

So, trust the greedy bastards in yellow & pink na, dem go drag you reach their office in Oshodi or Alausa....

LASTMA is a revenue centre for Sanwo-Olu and his paymasters.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Eriokanmi: 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
But his likes are busy shouting emilokan. Tie ti kan niyen. What a jungle justice in this harsh economy inflicted on Nigerians by the APC
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Toluwanise247(m): 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
Kingozymandias:
angry

One just simply can't give into sentiments of this country must grow. Well done Lagos state....

This is governance per excellence. Peter Obi needs to adopt this sort of mindset at the Federal level to deal decisively with corruption when he takes over next year in Aso Rock
I wanted to like your comment but when saw peter obi I realise you are one of the stupid element of obituary
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by nedekid: 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
samtinx:
cry work no dey, country hard and yet somehow I suffer buy my car, you dey auction for peanut price because I break law
Them go auction am sharp sharp. Infact I don attend the auction before. Police de there plenty. You go de look your car yet no go fit touch am. Even to open door you no fit. Na so buyers de drive off with persin moto.
Best bet is not to break the traffic laws if not, wahala.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Sleekfingers: 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
eghuan1:
They should at least give him the option to raise the money to buy the car na.

The man would have raised the 400k if given the opportunity

Most of them , were fined. But they couldn't meet up. Do you expect the government keep their vehicles for them?
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by hope4nigeria(m): 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://www.nairaland.com/7334340/photos-new-nigeria-football-kit#116688803
my advice for the man, if I were him, I will go and get IED, I will write a letter to the reason for my action, I will go and be planting IED in every government offices, the day governor convoy is passing. I will blown it off
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nyamiri: 8:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
godfrey02:

None sense standard. Suffering but smiling... Most uncomfortable state in the country. High tax rate. High cost of living, high transport. Bribery and many more..

My brother, Lagos is not for everyone. Carry your bag and go back to your state.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Buffalo2(m): 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2022
What about the DANFOS, LTEES, KOROPES & NAPEPS disregarding traffic rules with reckless abandon or those areas where they ply are not part of Lagos state ni?
I don't support traffic offence anyway buh all should be treated equally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nyamiri: 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
hope4nigeria:
my advice for the man, if I were him, I will go and get IED, I will write a letter to the reason for my action, I will go and be planting IED in every government offices, the day governor convoy is passing. I will blown it off

You think Lagos is your useless state where animals rule you. If you try nonsense in Lagos, you and your family will be sacrificed to appease our gods.
Track you and your family members and you will see hell.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by vyraldezigns(m): 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Could be very painful.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by luluosas(m): 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
This is seriously serious ooooooo
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Slydan204: 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Yikes. Buh whr d car na?
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
LeoDeKing:

I do not agree.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nyamiri: 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
Creamypie:
a decent fine with community service would have replaced his indiscretion. This is too inhuman and out of place for the state

That punishment is only for one-way drivers. They deserve to have their vehicles auctioned and jailed also.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Focusmind: 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
Latsma is full of wicked and frustrated fellows. I don't like people breaking the law but auctioning the car of that struggling man was quite excessive. He must be a " drop taxi" or car hire service man. His cry touch me sha. That may be his only source of livelihood in this repressive country.

I hope when our politicians are caught looting, the punishment should also be severe.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by diplomat058(m): 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
apache22b:
Peter Obi is our next President whether Tinubu and his useless urchins likes it or not .

We cannot continue with these nonsensical impunity going on in this useless APC government.

God forbid Bat thing

Vote Peter Obi for a better Nigeria
Save your IpoB tears till after election. Your song will turn to "no leflendum no erection" grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Dearlord(m): 8:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
This is good business
If were around I would have bought as many car for disassemblement retail
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by kelvinklein219(m): 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
Emilokan people no know say APC is all about wickedness, lol continue, after election if God help una na you go cry no be me... Am not in Lagos or Nigeria sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

South Africa & Nigeria Make Up Largest African Population In The UK (PIX) / Suez Canal: 'Beached Whale' Ship Gets Stuck. Dislodging Could Take Weeks / Missing Titanic Sub Likely Imploded In ‘catastrophic Loss’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.