Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. (60118 Views)

I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do / Photos Of The New Aircraft Launched By Air Peace As Nigerian Pilots Make History / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by jeromestarks: 11:28pm On Sep 16, 2022
jerryunit48:
I read similar story somewhere before
Looks like copy and paste. But I learnt something though.

1 Like

Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by Protedu: 11:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
Na wa o
Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by showafrica(m): 11:38pm On Sep 16, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
yeye BS story....
A) if she was carrying anything illegal, they would quietly take her to a different area to start ask her questions and search her bags
B) where was she running to?! any person who's been on a plane knows that before going anywhere, you have to go through immigration/pass control, then get her luggages thus there is nowhere for you to run to.
C) so person started running just like that, when police dont even kow she is carrying anything?! what kind of yeye story is this?

sadly, it is well know today that you shouldnt accept ANYTHING from ANYONE when travelling, and certainly dont be buddy buddy with strangers you just met on the plane.

No mind am cock and bull story.

1 Like

Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by wolverine78: 12:09am On Sep 17, 2022
Come on. You must be a newbie flying. All you have to say is "I don't know that Btch" At the end of the day they'll find out you both are not together regardless of if you helped her with her luggage or NOT.
Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 17, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
yeye BS story....
A) if she was carrying anything illegal, they would quietly take her to a different area to start ask her questions and search her bags
B) where was she running to?! any person who's been on a plane knows that before going anywhere, you have to go through immigration/pass control, then get her luggages thus there is nowhere for you to run to.
C) so person started running just like that, when police dont even know she is carrying anything?! what kind of yeye story is this?

sadly, it is well know today that you shouldnt accept ANYTHING from ANYONE when travelling, and certainly dont be buddy buddy with strangers you just met on the plane.
Even if nah yeye story, lesson had been learnt.

4 Likes

Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by bjtinz: 12:24am On Sep 17, 2022
@OP, the story might be fake but it's a lesson well noted.

Though as a rule, even on road travels, am not the chatty type and rarely engage in chitchats.

Let's all shine our eyes

1 Like

Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by dazzlingd(m): 12:34am On Sep 17, 2022
Buzzapper:
NEVER DO THIS IN A FLIGHT!!!

If you travel by air a lot, beware of over friendly chatty seat Neighbour's.

This older lady comes and sits next to me inside the plane. She asked me to help her put her bag in the overhead luggage compartment. But a gentleman sitting across quickly came through. (I am not very tall, and the overhead luggage compartment is something I try to avoid at all costs.
Immediately she sits down she strikes up a conversation. She was very pleasant and well spoken. So, we chatted all through the flight to Dubai.

Suddenly, when the pilot announced that we were now proceeding to begin our descent into DXB, my good friend 'developed' stomach pains. Me with my good heart, I pressed the steward's button, and the stewardess came to find out what the problem was. I told her my seat mate was not feeling well.

And this lady, she suddenly began to address me as 'my daughter'. The stewardess told me that there was nothing they could do except give her some painkillers and wait until we landed.

The pilot announced that we had a medical emergency on board and advised us all to stay calm. My new friend was crying and sweating like crazy. And she refused to let go of my hand... everyone assumed we knew each other.

So, we landed at DXB and the same gentleman who helped put up her luggage in the overhead compartment removed her luggage.

But as he removed the luggage, he advised me to distance myself from this lady and make it clear to the cabin crew that we were NOT travelling together. He was a godsend!

So indeed, the cabin crew came and asked me if we were related, I categorically told them we had met on the plane. I didn't know her at all.
So, we began to disembark and as I said goodbye, she kept begging me to carry her handbag. I was so torn... but the gentleman looked me in the eye and emphatically shook his head. He passed me a note telling me to let the cabin crew handle her.

So, I exit the aircraft and leave my 'new friend' to wait for the wheelchair and be handled by the cabin crew feeling very guilty.

As we waited for our luggage to come through, I hear this commotion. My 'new friend' was running, trying to escape the cabin crew, having gotten out of the wheelchair! She left the stewardess with her handbag and just ran towards the exit with the rest of her hand luggage!

Luckily the airport police were faster than her. They got hold of her and brought her back in handcuffs.

This lady starts calling out to me. my daughter... my daughter! how could you do this to me..... that's when I caught on. She was carrying drugs and she was trying to implicate me!

Luckily for me, the gentleman who had helped her with her luggage came forward and told the airport police that me and her had just met on the plane.

The police took my passport and asked her to reveal my full names if it was true we were travelling together. By God's grace, I had not even told her my first name! I was still asked to follow the police to a little room where I was questioned extensively.

Where did I meet her?... where did I board... where did she board. Etc... And my luggage was extensively searched and dusted for fingerprints.
They dusted all her luggage, and my fingerprints were not found anywhere on her luggage or on her handbag!

I was let go with advice never ever to touch anyone's luggage either in flight or at the airport. So, from that day, I don't care how much luggage you have, you will deal with it yourself. I will not even offer you a trolley to put your luggage on! Your luggage... your problem.... is my policy.

And if you can't reach the overhead compartment, and I am the nearest person, please call the cabin crew because all I will do is give you a blank stare and then look away!

@life in Saudi Arabia

People can be so evil, stay smart
Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by Mcslize: 1:36am On Sep 17, 2022
Rozross:
Imagine this type of wickedness . You were very lucky to have been saved by the security, it won’t have been an easy case.

It's the guy that first advised him/her that saved him not even the security. If not for the guy, he would have fell a victim.
Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by Jacketaltrade: 1:46am On Sep 17, 2022
Him or her?
Mcslize:

It's the guy that first advised him/her that saved him not even the security. If not for the guy, he would have fell a victim.
undecidedHim or her?
Mcslize:

Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by Oduduwa707: 1:48am On Sep 17, 2022
Agricmoney:
hmm

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

Yaba-Left V.I.P wellu donu
Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by ruggedtimi(m): 1:55am On Sep 17, 2022
Buzzapper:

This older lady comes and sits next to me inside the plane. She asked me to help her put her bag in the overhead luggage compartment. But a gentleman sitting across quickly came through. (I am not very tall, and the overhead luggage compartment is something I try to avoid at all costs.
Immediately she sits down she strikes up a conversation. She was very pleasant and well spoken. So, we chatted all through the flight to Dubai.

Suddenly, when the pilot announced that we were now proceeding to begin our descent into DXB, my good friend 'developed' stomach pains. Me with my good heart, I pressed the steward's button, and the stewardess came to find out what the problem was. I told her my seat mate was not feeling well.

And this lady, she suddenly began to address me as 'my daughter'. The stewardess told me that there was nothing they could do except give her some painkillers and wait until we landed.

The pilot announced that we had a medical emergency on board and advised us all to stay calm. My new friend was crying and sweating like crazy. And she refused to let go of my hand... everyone assumed we knew each other.

So, we landed at DXB and the same gentleman who helped put up her luggage in the overhead compartment removed her luggage.

But as he removed the luggage, he advised me to distance myself from this lady and make it clear to the cabin crew that we were NOT travelling together. He was a godsend!

So indeed, the cabin crew came and asked me if we were related, I categorically told them we had met on the plane. I didn't know her at all.
So, we began to disembark and as I said goodbye, she kept begging me to carry her handbag. I was so torn... but the gentleman looked me in the eye and emphatically shook his head. He passed me a note telling me to let the cabin crew handle her.

So, I exit the aircraft and leave my 'new friend' to wait for the wheelchair and be handled by the cabin crew feeling very guilty.

As we waited for our luggage to come through, I hear this commotion. My 'new friend' was running, trying to escape the cabin crew, having gotten out of the wheelchair! She left the stewardess with her handbag and just ran towards the exit with the rest of her hand luggage!

Luckily the airport police were faster than her. They got hold of her and brought her back in handcuffs.

This lady starts calling out to me. my daughter... my daughter! how could you do this to me..... that's when I caught on. She was carrying drugs and she was trying to implicate me!

Luckily for me, the gentleman who had helped her with her luggage came forward and told the airport police that me and her had just met on the plane.

The police took my passport and asked her to reveal my full names if it was true we were travelling together. By God's grace, I had not even told her my first name! I was still asked to follow the police to a little room where I was questioned extensively.

Where did I meet her?... where did I board... where did she board. Etc... And my luggage was extensively searched and dusted for fingerprints.
They dusted all her luggage, and my fingerprints were not found anywhere on her luggage or on her handbag!

I was let go with advice never ever to touch anyone's luggage either in flight or at the airport. So, from that day, I don't care how much luggage you have, you will deal with it yourself. I will not even offer you a trolley to put your luggage on! Your luggage... your problem.... is my policy.

And if you can't reach the overhead compartment, and I am the nearest person, please call the cabin crew because all I will do is give you a blank stare and then look away!

@life in Saudi Arabia
this is old style na..if you were watching documentaries you probably know about this. You are lucky though

1 Like

Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by RepoMan007: 2:40am On Sep 17, 2022
Plenty formats.
Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by purpleicious(f): 2:59am On Sep 17, 2022
So that's how you would have been sentenced to.
Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by writeprof(m): 3:07am On Sep 17, 2022
Buzzapper:

@life in Saudi Arabia

Thank God for you.
It's sad how humans want to make others inhumane.
Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by TheMostComplex1: 3:40am On Sep 17, 2022
jerryunit48:
I read similar story somewhere before

Yes it's an old story & I don't think it's his own experience

1 Like

Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by JAGS001(m): 4:15am On Sep 17, 2022
Congratulations you survived that mission, some innocent person's have been implicated several times but God saved you try to do giveaway and thanksgiving.
Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by Vacora(m): 4:18am On Sep 17, 2022
When did talking or being chatty on any flight become a crime?

1 Like

Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by Enimin: 4:29am On Sep 17, 2022
As a true Nigerian your hackles should rise the minute a total stranger starts being over-friendly to you...it means something very bad is about to come your way from their end.

1 Like

Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by Enimin: 4:37am On Sep 17, 2022
wolverine78:
Come on. You must be a newbie flying. All you have to say is "I don't know that Btch" At the end of the day they'll find out you both are not together regardless of if you helped her with her luggage or NOT.

Don't lose guard, racist south-asian chinks will kick your black ass and lock you up for a few days, regardless

3 Likes

Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by ikevictor: 4:43am On Sep 17, 2022
This story doesn't add up...

From medical emergency on a plane to straight handcuffs?

A medical personnel is expected to attend to her, and if its not an emergency, she will be wheeled to clear with CBP officers where they will examine the contents of her body and luggage to determine if she's carrying any drugs on her. Only when this process is complete that they can take her away in handcuffs.

Maybe you started the story from bottom sha. But e no pure.

1 Like

Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by opportunities12(m): 4:45am On Sep 17, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Fake ass cooked story
Ol boy you don smoke that thing again.
Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by Eriokanmi: 5:26am On Sep 17, 2022
ForDanny:
A girl I met on a flight from lagos to Ghana did this to me . I swear down we were chatty and spoke all through the flight . If you see us it was like we knew ourselves back in lagos cos we were laughing hard and doing light smooches here and there . In my mind I was like I dn knack this one once we enter Accra cos she was fine and had a nice shape . My people Na so as we land she come Dey do like say the load too many for her to handle and she pleaded with me to carry one for her and insisted I be in front of her . My people when it was my turn for them to stamp my passport and for me to pass immigration I turned and I can swear with my life I didn’t see her again . Innocent me passed with her bag and cleared immigration and was waiting for this witch to come out . It was during that wait period it occurred to me that she could be smuggling something . The idiot came after like 20mins and appologised , before I could talk about hot to hookup in Ghana she just hurriedly took her bags , rushed into a car and told me bye . I never saw her again . Some useless risks we take for the kitten
Lucky you. Anytime you're on a flight, avoid talkatives cos they're on a mission. Avoid chatting ladies too cos you could fall victim of the unexpected. I don't help with luggage, no matter how much you pressure me. Na your wahala from your house so, why would you bother me with it? That dubai route is something else. People would meet you at the airport to create sudden friendship, just to help them with luggage. Many had landed in jail cos of this while the owner of luggage don japa . Its called victim of circumstance

3 Likes

Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by humberjade: 6:20am On Sep 17, 2022
Hmm, thank God for your life!

I recall when I travelled to Israel, at the airport on my way out, while waiting for our luggage to be checked in, two different airport Police officers came at two separate times to ask us if our hand bags and boxes were packed by us. Immediately after the 2nd ask, my mind flashed back to how I prolly dodged a bullet that could have ruined my life.

Two weeks earlier, I met this lady on this study abroad Whatsapp group, and somehow, we started private chatting. She knew I was travelling briefly to Israel, hence, she seeked l help her collect a gift her sister had promised her about 3 months earlier. Without thinking twice, I accepted. Then I asked her what the gift was, she said she doesn't know yet. It sounded odd to me, but I didn't think too much of it. Same question and answer were exchanged within my first 11 days in Israel.

Then three days before my departure from Israel, she called me and told me her sister has finally revealed the gift; two pairs of shoes. I was like finally! Then she said her sister would prefer that I meet her somewhere to collect it, and would pay for my cab too. I still agreed.

That night, I started putting the pieces together; every detail. In my mind, "how is it possible that my biological sister would want to send me something and she wouldn't know what she's sending for months until 3 days before she finally sends it? Still, my kind and naive heart didn't want to disappoint this lady.

On the day I was suppose to depart, my mum sent her usual morning prayer messages (her own daily way of checking up on all her children, and all she needs is an "Amen" from you. She still does it till date by the way. grin May God continue to preserve her for us). After exchanging few chats, she called to wish me a safe journey and prayed more.

Still, with my coconut head, I took my bath and headed out to collect the shoes. But while I was in the cab, my mum called again and said to me in Yoruba, "My father (as she fondly calls her male children), please do not leave your luggage with anyone or help anyone watch over theirs at the airport". Immediately,
it was as if a veil was lifted off my face. But out of curiosity, I still proceeded to the meeting point . I saw a parked car at a blind spot (obviously to erase any video evidence of the exchange), with an Arab man and a black lady looking all conscious of their environment. I just told the driver to take me back to my hotel.

After I told her I won't be able to go through with it, her last words before blocking me were, "F you mugu"! grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by Pat081: 6:28am On Sep 17, 2022
Thank God for your life oooo but if na in 9ja b4 anything they will first of all lock you up
Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by AffBornTwins(f): 6:29am On Sep 17, 2022
This story might not be true
But its what humans can do
Thanks Op
I learnt something cry
Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by Jeffyblaq(m): 6:33am On Sep 17, 2022
A good piece of advice for all travelers.. Both local and international..

Itz pretty cold and freezing outside.

I'm buying dis!

1 Like

Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by Anaerobi(m): 6:45am On Sep 17, 2022
This is really touching... Thank you so much for sharing this, I sincerely appreciate.
Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by Emmani360(m): 6:48am On Sep 17, 2022
MrRhymes101:
Lol drugs in her handbag? Even people wey d hide the drugs for belle they still d catch them.
Landed at the airport and just starts running? Even Jackie Chan no fit outrun airport security.
This story no clear...

Story that have been popping up since 2021
Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by Collins4u1(m): 7:25am On Sep 17, 2022
Thank you
Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by Godson201333(m): 7:52am On Sep 17, 2022
Buzzapper:

@life in Saudi Arabia

Thank God for your life.

One of the first lesson my father gave to me as a young traveller is Never to touch strangers lugages while travelling. This ignorance has actually sent many innocent souls to jail!

1 Like

Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by rickleye: 7:54am On Sep 17, 2022
Crap !!!
Thanks for the reminder .
Re: If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. by WhizdomXX(m): 7:56am On Sep 17, 2022
ForDanny:
A girl I met on a flight from lagos to Ghana did this to me . I swear down we were chatty and spoke all through the flight . If you see us it was like we knew ourselves back in lagos cos we were laughing hard and doing light smooches here and there . In my mind I was like I dn knack this one once we enter Accra cos she was fine and had a nice shape . My people Na so as we land she come Dey do like say the load too many for her to handle and she pleaded with me to carry one for her and insisted I be in front of her . My people when it was my turn for them to stamp my passport and for me to pass immigration I turned and I can swear with my life I didn’t see her again . Innocent me passed with her bag and cleared immigration and was waiting for this witch to come out . It was during that wait period it occurred to me that she could be smuggling something . The idiot came after like 20mins and appologised , before I could talk about hot to hookup in Ghana she just hurriedly took her bags , rushed into a car and told me bye . I never saw her again . Some useless risks we take for the kitten
You helped her clear her drugs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 / Woman Does Conductor For Her Husband While He Drives (photo) / Lagos Conductor Sleeping On Duty While Car Is Moving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.