Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,452 members, 7,808,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) (42024 Views)

Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. / Adventure In Ireland / Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by Fira09(m): 12:09pm On Sep 16, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMjgI0pVLEU

The UK Meteor Network received over 200 reports of the "fireball" being spotted in the night sky at approximately 9pm on Wednesday September 14.

Videos shared online showed a large bright object flying from left to right in a downwards angle followed by a long tail.

It was gathered that people spotted the ball of light in the skies above parts of Scotland, northern England and Northern Ireland.

Many UK residents also reported hearing a loud bang as the object entered the Earth's atmosphere and shot past the sound barrier.

Alan McGowan, of Dunblane, Stirlingshire, said: 'I saw it arc slowly across the night sky as I drove through Dunblane with my dad around 10pm. It was a huge burning ball of green with an orange flaming tail. It was amazing to see. At first we thought it was a crashing plane or helicopter then realised it was likely a meteor.'

Danny Nell, 21, witnessed the meteorite when out walking his dog in Johnstone, west of Paisley and Glasgow.

He said:

"I was walking my dog and it was strangely enough 10pm on the dot, and I just saw the flash in the sky and pulled out my phone and recorded it.

"I thought it may be a firework at first because there was a lot of Scottish football on but quickly realised it wasn't and just grabbed my phone to see if I could catch it."

Some witnesses claimed that the object crashed north of Glasgow although there has been no proof of an impact.

Hours after announcing that it is “investigating to ascertain what the object was - a meteor or space debris", the UK Meteor Network have now announced that the object, which was seen burning through the atmosphere for about 20 seconds, was "definitely a meteor".

The UK Meteor Network Network said the object came to a stop between 50km and 100km (31-62 miles) west of Islay.

"It came on an asteroidal orbit and entered the atmosphere at 14.2 km/s," the network tweeted. "The observed portion of the trajectory covered over 300km. If any meteorites did fall, they ended up in the ocean."

The expert group said it is "now 100% confident this was a small part of an asteroid".

Some scientists have also used video footage captured by the public to work out whether the object was a meteor or space junk, and where it came from.

SOURCE

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by Corridon: 12:13pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ignorant people will say it is queen Elizabeth that is ascending to heaven.

156 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by Unzerious: 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:

Or the UFO's paying their last Tributes grin

146 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by Corridon: 12:22pm On Sep 16, 2022
Unzerious:

Or the UFO's paying their last Tributes grin
I de tell you.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by Holiness2100: 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2022
Fira09 take this to foreign affairs

4 Likes

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by Chaos14: 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2022
If i hear end time for this thread the person go chop virtual slap nlfpmod

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by Damipada(m): 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by slawomir: 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr
Normal thing way dey happen for our sky here na

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by Brink(m): 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2022
Very soon they'll say it's a sign from the queen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by Generalwoodz(m): 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
Queen Elizabeth morphed into a meteor and she's trying to re-enter Earth grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by Ceenachi: 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
It was me

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by chieveboy(m): 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
Cool and not cool.

One day, sleeping humanity will learn about a galactic council and guardians who ensure the trajectories of these meteors are tilted off on our behalf.

One day I said...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by holluwizzy: 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
Some of the things that are beyond human understanding...

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by Iamdbull: 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
Dbull on this one!!!

That's me shinning bright and very soon the whole world will see

4 Likes

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by bigdammyj: 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
Seen.

1 Like

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by SILVERLINES: 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
cheesy
Righteousness2 where thou art?
Thou sermon is needed in this thread

7 Likes

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by VladimirPutiin(m): 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
I guess the Queen spirit is coming to deal with the Irish people for disrespect her on Twitter. grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by datola: 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
Queen Elizabeth...

@ Pastor Righteousness, people are asking what you think?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by noble2faith(m): 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
grin

I know wetin happen but I no go talk.

2 Likes

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by floss(m): 9:46pm On Sep 16, 2022
Tinubu is the cause of it ..

1 Like

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by deepdeep(m): 9:46pm On Sep 16, 2022
Chaos14:
If i hear end time for this thread the person go chop virtual slap nlfpmod

End time people go gree? grin

1 Like

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by Toni12(m): 9:46pm On Sep 16, 2022
Mr rightousness food is ready o

2 Likes

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by gnykelly(m): 9:46pm On Sep 16, 2022
Na the queen star just fall so

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by noble2faith(m): 9:46pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ceenachi:
Does anyone know where this landed ?

U dey find expensive stone, ABI?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by Uniqueteco(m): 9:46pm On Sep 16, 2022
Where's pastor righteousness

2 Likes

Re: Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) by Nonexisting1: 9:47pm On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
wtf nigga.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan / Russian Jet Crash: Plane Carrying 71 'breaks Up' In Moscow Sky – 'no Survivors' / Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Accident Along Ibadan Expressway. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.