|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,133,707 members, 7,744,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 February 2024 at 02:50 PM
|Senior Finance Manager by Kamalx123(m): 12:35pm On Sep 16, 2022
Job Title: Finance and Admin Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Finance and Admin Director
The Finance and Admin Manager will manage and lead everyday financial activities including reporting. S/he will be responsible for providing financial guidance and support to clients/partners, colleagues, and management. In this role, s/he will develop tailored project budgets, prepare periodic financial reports and updates for internal and external parties as well as develop, implement, and review financial policies and procedures, and ensure compliance to all client/donor financial requirements.
Accounting and Treasury Management
• Accounting management – supervise the accounting cycle:
• Ensure timely and accurate data entries into QuickBooks following the standard descriptions defined in our Finance Procedure Manual;
• Verify and coordinate the monthly finance records from each State offices;
• Supervise cash and bank balance checking process when closing the monthly accounts;
• Manage the presentation, circulation, filing of vouchers and archiving of accounting and financial documents in compliance with our Account and Finance procedures;
• Supervise the Yearly and Quarterly Accounting Closures for both General and Analytical Accountancy aspects.
• Treasury management – ensure a controlled and smooth cash management:
• Ensure justified bank selection process, open/close bank accounts;
• Oversee the management of bank accounts: control, follow and make sure flows are properly lettered (advances, transfers, etc.), check balances, etc;
• Supervise the management of safes and cash: available amount, balance checks, security instructions;
• Assess monthly cash-flow needs for projects and state offices;
• Manage money transfers, areas cash-supply and amounts in circulation, whilst defining payment procedures (bank transfer, cheque, cash etc.);
• Make sure donors are invoiced on time.
• Manage relationship with the bankers.
• Approve payments in line with defined authority limits.
Commitment Of Expenditures, Budget Control, & Financial Management
• Commitment of expenditure – guaranty budget availability and compliance to internal and donor’s procedures before releasing payments:
• Before commitment / payment of any expenditure, check authorization levels, budget availability, budget line on which the expense is to be allocated to, ensuring full compliance with internal and donors’ procedures:
• In close coordination with the Logistics unit, negotiate terms of contracts including payment schedule and tax obligations; ensure that procurement procedures are adhered to;
• Ensure financial, compliance and budget control points during Purchase Committee meetings; review coherence between orders, quotations/offers, purchase orders, call for tender documentation, procurement memo, contract, invoices, receipts, works/services completion certificates; Check the receiver’s ability to endorse payment;
• In close coordination with the Admin Team, ensure that staff contracts are in line with standard salary grid, available budgets and regulations; propose salary grids revisions based on benchmarks, national legislation and budget constraint.
• Validate partner’s accounting and documentation accuracy and compliance before payment.
• Project budget follow-up, mission’s cost control, internal & external audits – anticipate and mitigate financial risks ensuring operations are run in a compliant and cost-efficient manner:
• Lead Budget follow-ups, allocation and consolidation process;
• Analyse/report gaps between planned budgets and actual expenses; comply to the flexibility rule;
• Anticipate financial risks, present budget updates and mitigation plans to management;
• Analyse and report monthly running costs, fleet and communication of each state office;
• Prevent and report any financial and operational loss;
• Follow-up with exiting staff to ensure they are cleared and validated;
• Take the lead on external audit preparation in support to the compliance team; responses to audit reports, recommendations’ implementation plans.
Project Financial Cycle Management
• Develop project budgets and reports – ensure the financial feasibility of projects, respecting internal and donors’ rules and deadlines;
• Gather information from the relevant units to consolidate budgets for project proposals according to project needs and donor constraints;
• Review and negotiate terms of grant contracts before signature (payment & financial reporting schedule, etc.);
• Follow-up payments from donors and financial project close-out (contract liquidation).
• Review and implement financial policies
• Oversee the monitoring of actual expenditure against budget;
• Ensure the provision of adequate responses to audit queries raised by donor /client auditors;
• Prepare required management reports and provide explanations on accounting transactions when required to aid decision making.
Team Leadership & Other Tasks
• Implementation of the infrastructure and systems needed to support strategic objectives, oversight of administrative and financial systems including finance, accounting, information technology, human resources, communications, and physical infrastructure.
• Support the organisation in the review and implementation of a robust financial system whilst ensuring transactions are processed, recorded, and reported efficiently.
• Provide overall direction and leadership in the execution of tasks within the Finance, Human Resources and Admin units.
• Regularly assess the capacity of the finance team based on industry standards
• Lead the administrative staff to perform their duties in a manner that promotes the growth of the organization and in a conducive work environment that promotes a good work culture.
• Update the organization chart and ToR of the finance and administration unit;
• Oversee the team, plan & support finance staff recruitments, undertake appraisals, follow career management, identify staff with potential and contribute to internal mobility policy;
• Improve information flows within the unit and other units;
• Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
o Strong leadership, management, and analytical skills.
o Attention to detail and a flair for numbers and Excel sheets.
o Excellent skills in Accounting software are required.
o Strong planning and organizational skills.
o Ability to learn fast and adapt quickly to change.
o Willingness to work the hours needed to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
o Strong customer service orientation and effective communication skills both written and verbal.
o Desire to work in a collaborative and proactive team environment, but able to work independently with little or no supervision.
o Masters’ Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related field + equivalent work experience is required. A professional certification in Accounting (ICAN/ACCA/CIMA) is required.
o Minimum of five years’ professional experience in a financial management position of responsibility.
o Experience working with non-profit organizations and donor-funded projects is an advantage.
o Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance.
o Ability to manage a financial/monitoring team and demonstrate leadership;
o Ability to monitor and evaluate financial and monitoring skills of communities through capacity-building efforts;
o Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility.
o Budgeting and budget management experience required.
o Knowledge of QuickBooks financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software highly desired.
o Proven ability to analyse reports or issues and to provide appropriate recommendations required.
o Knowledge of Nigerian law in the areas of taxation and local regulatory reporting obligations is required.
o Strong knowledge of effective management practices desired.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter detailing why you are qualified for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance Manager” in the email subject line.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position. Our organization procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. We are equal opportunity employer.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
The closing date for applications is September 22, 2022. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18