Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Why You Experience Heartbreaks - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Experience Heartbreaks (15189 Views)

What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? / Have You Experience This Before (photo) / Lara Kudayisi: "I Had A Child At 19, 15 Abortions & 14 Heartbreaks, Now Married" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kayceenaz(m): 1:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
Since I heard Burnaboy declare in his “Breakfast” hit song, “Last last, na everybody go chop breakfast,” I have disagreed. Being an entertainment content doesn’t override the untruth in those words. Only two categories of people are mostly bound to “chop” breakfast, becoming veteran victims of romantic heartbreaks: Those yet to find their life’s purpose and those who found but forgot their life’s purpose.

First, those ignorant about their life’s purpose tend to give romance an overestimated place in their lives. They believe that a chunk of their happiness depends on love and its expressions from the opposite gender; their obsession with marriage is unequalled. This makes them open their arms towards anyone who is loving and meets their shallow physical criteria. Absence of a solid life vision relegates them to going with the flow. Typically, they wail, embrace misandry/misogyny, contemplate or/and commit suicide when this love flow ebbs away.

Second, those who forget their life’s purpose yield either to personal or family/societal pressures. Here, bodily desires overpower their focus on purpose, making them accommodate people who had no business in their lives at all; very few are undisturbed by their departure. Also, they are swayed by the “God-when” shouts from peers online/offline and overflowing counsels from relatives to be marriage ready. Then they resort to shallow criteria, making lifetime mistakes with deep scars. Any breakfast customer in the past, present and future, after thorough enquiry, is in either of these two categories.

The exceptions to romantic heartbreaks or breakfast are those who have found and are living by their life’s purpose. Awareness of the number one position of why they are makes romance either secondary or useless (some become monks, reverend fathers and sisters, or hermits). Eventual involvement in romance in view of marriage is guided by purpose. Most part of their hearts belong to purpose, they can’t be served breakfast. You can end all those heartbreaks, repeated tears, trauma, sanity/life threats by finding and living your life’s purpose. Not everybody will eat breakfast.

©Kelechi O. Naze (KON)

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by DonroxyII: 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2022
Anyone with too Much Emotions is Bound to Be Breakfasted and Heartbroken!

But Anyone with Weyrey Dem no too Dey Chop Breakfast because dem go Don Eat Before You Serve Your Sh.its!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by headbasher96(m): 11:16pm On Sep 18, 2022
since i hardened my heart i don rest if u cook breakfast i go help u serve am still wash the play

self love is bae country hard now make person no come spoil my joy abeg

we are nothing but pencils in the hands of the creator

we are nothing but agbado in the eyes of tinubu amoda ogunlere

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kobojunkiee: 4:27am On Sep 19, 2022
headbasher96:
since i hardened my heart i don rest if u cook breakfast i go help u serve am still wash the play
self love is bae country hard now make person no come spoil my joy abeg
we are nothing but pencils in the hands of the creator
we are nothing but agbado in the eyes of tinubu amoda ogunlere
Na people wey dey claim hardened hearts dey react worst to being served breakfast...abeg find better make you talk. undecided

27 Likes

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by headbasher96(m): 5:19am On Sep 19, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Na people wey dey claim hardened hearts dey react worst to being served breakfast...abeg find better make you talk. undecided
oga just because u try to harden your heart e no work no feel say another person no fit do moreover i get time for money pass woman

6 Likes

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kobojunkiee: 5:22am On Sep 19, 2022
headbasher96:
oga just because u try to harden your heart e no work no feel say another person no fit do moreover i get time for money pass woman
Harden my heart ke? I use my God given energy for better things abeg!; undecided

Instead what I said I have observed many who claim to have hardened their hearts towards others and in all, they turn out more toxic than average when hit by such things as heartbreak or even betrayal. It is a waste of energy and human effort in my opinion. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by headbasher96(m): 5:29am On Sep 19, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Harden my heart ke? I use my God given energy for better things abeg!; undecided

Instead what I said I have observed many who claim to have hardened their hearts towards others and in all, they turn out more toxic than average when hit by such things as heartbreak or even betrayal. It is a waste of energy and human effort in my opinion. undecided
the only thing that breaks my heart is when a family member is sick most specially my mum if not naija can cook ones heart to think like lucifer himself
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kobojunkiee: 5:33am On Sep 19, 2022
headbasher96:
the only thing that breaks my heart is when a family member is sick most specially my mum if not naija can cook ones heart to think like lucifer himself
So every Nigerian dey claim but suppressing one's emotions is not same as having no emotions at all. Instead like a boiling kettle with a stopper keeping the steam trapped, it is only a matter of time or the right trigger for all those bottled-up tension/pressure/emotions to explode and when it does, it is usually ugly. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by headbasher96(m): 5:43am On Sep 19, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
So every Nigerian dey claim but suppressing one's emotions is not same as having no emotions at all. Instead like a boiling kettle with a stopper keeping the steam trapped, it is only a matter of time or right trigger for all that bottled up emotional to explode and when it does, it is usually ugly. undecided
when e hard me and i feel i cant keep it in i start drinking for like a week i will be drinking everyday until something else comes around to distract me if u can learn how to programme your activities u will have zero worries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kobojunkiee: 5:49am On Sep 19, 2022
headbasher96:
when e hard me and i feel i cant keep it in i start drinking for like a week i will be drinking everyday until something else comes around to distract me if u can learn how to programme your activities u will have zero worries
Even to point of using alcohol sef! undecided

I think you should consider instead what the OP said about finding your purpose. From personal experience, such helps you better accept life and its dramas as they come. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Sammy101111(m): 9:10am On Sep 19, 2022
She knew I love her then she took the advantage .

My brothers in the house never let a girl give you options if she is not good with your terms let her just jejeli

2 Likes

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kayceenaz(m): 10:30am On Sep 19, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Even to point of using alcohol sef! undecided

I think you should consider instead what the OP said about finding your purpose. From personal experience, such helps you better accept life and its dramas as they come. undecided
Exactly. Your purpose is your immunity, bulletproof against any romantic disappointment. You will always be in control.
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kayceenaz(m): 10:34am On Sep 19, 2022
cc:lalasticlala

Heartbreak is a topical matter. Many are sliding into drugs, debauchery, depression, and suicide daily. This post will rescue many. Kindly forward to front page. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by TheMaharajah: 11:18am On Sep 19, 2022
When you deal with financial difficulties, struggle to survive and above all chest deep in failure you go know say love na joke even mama love no reach.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kobojunkiee: 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kayceenaz:

Exactly. Your purpose is your immunity, bulletproof against any romantic disappointment. You will always be in control.
I wouldn't go as far as to say it gives one control. Instead, I would say it helps one gain a better and different perspective as far as processing such hurtful emotions. You are able to be more accepting of the one who hurt you and the action taken against you in such a way that you also feel it was an OK response of sorts, even though it stung. undecided
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kobojunkie: 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2022
TheMaharajah:
When you deal with financial difficulties, struggle to survive and above all chest deep in failure you go know say love na joke even mama love no reach.
Two completely separate issues entirely. undecided
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by 1nice(m): 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Two completely separate issues entirely. undecided

Ashawo girl, thunder fire your mouth for that place. Mugu
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Michelle55: 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2022
I don chop breakfast tire sotey breakfast dey avoid me like kilode, im say I don turn daily customer na why my matter tire am. cry
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Psych412(f): 6:58pm On Sep 19, 2022
I don't experience heart break anymore....I took a long break from relationship matter till further notice

1 Like

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Bradford111(m): 9:54am On Sep 20, 2022
Sammy101111:
She knew I love her then she took the advantage .

My brothers in the house never let a girl give you options if she is not good with your terms let her just jejeli

Can you explain what you meant by never letting a girl gives you options?
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kayceenaz(m): 10:43am On Sep 20, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
I wouldn't go as far as to say it gives one control. Instead, I would say it helps one gain a better and different perspective as far as processing such hurtful emotions. You are able to be more accepting of the one who hurt you and the action taken against you in such a way that you also feel it was an OK response of sorts, even though it stung. undecided
Actually, it gives one control. Purpose eliminates and prevents any association that is secondary or useless to your life; you would discover you had no business at all being with or around those who caused you "hurtful emotions."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by bepositive11: 2:31pm On Sep 20, 2022
Your post is very deep but you're missing a very important angle -- becoming whole and content with one's self.

All these people who are crazy romantics are actually looking for things missing in them. They are drawn to their partners because their partners seem to have something that they are missing. Their partners seem to complete them, and eventually, their partners become their life purpose.

A lot of movies romanticise this concept but it's complete rubbish. No one can complete you. Only you can complete yourself. The moment you feel that you are a complete on your own, instead of looking for someone to complete you, you will instead be looking for someone to complement you. And you will have a life purpose that is not tied to another person.

Kayceenaz:
Since I heard Burnaboy declare in his “Breakfast” hit song, “Last last, na ... threats by finding and living your life’s purpose. Not everybody will eat breakfast.

©Kelechi O. Naze (KON)

10 Likes

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by xristos(m): 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2022
'm shocked...lemme call 800
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by abobote: 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2022
It's normal, coz we are all human, no matter how you try to form super human you will feel, except you didn't invest time or resources in the relationship

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2022
To those of us who don't give a fvck anymore cool

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Steps To Seduce Girls - A Seduction Guide For Men / Meet The Pretty Black Girl Who Has Tattoos All Over Her Face / Have You Ever Been Caught Having Sex? [PG 18+]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.