Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced (19702 Views)

Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong / Dani Alves Becomes The Most Decorated Player In Football History / The Toughest Players Ever In The English Premier League History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by chokekachy: 1:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
Dani Alves has named Cristiano Ronaldo as the toughest opponent he's ever played against, singing his praises in a new interview.

Alves tussled with Ronaldo for several years during his illustrious first spell at Barcelona where he won six La Liga titles and three Champions League crowns, among countless other honours and accolades.

Establishing himself as one of the greatest full backs in the game's history, Alves has shared the pitch with plenty of football's biggest stars and had to defend against some incredible players.

Now plying his trade in Mexico with Pumas UNAM, the 39-year-old sat down with ESPN journalist Hugo Sanchez, and when asked who the toughest opponent he had faced was, he picked Ronaldo.

"This b*****d doesn't let you breathe for a second. I didn't do too badly, but it's difficult.

"He's a scoring machine,"
he added, paying tribute to the five-time Ballon d'Or winner who tore up La Liga for Real Madrid while Alves played with Lionel Messi for Barcelona.

Ronaldo is currently Real's all-time top scorer having bagged 450 times in all competitions for the club before leaving in 2018, following an incredible near decade-long rivalry with Messi in the Spanish top flight.

His rampant goalscoring for club and country has established him as one of the game's greatest players, breaking the record for most goals scored at men's international level in 2021.

SOURCE

25 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Corridon: 1:58pm On Sep 16, 2022
True confession.

126 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by chiefolododo(m): 2:14pm On Sep 16, 2022
He was good in his days

38 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by MatrixReloaded: 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
wink we all know that nemesis have begotten a low fellow in esta do Saint Germane.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Mathematricks: 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
Lies. It's Messi.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Molafood(m): 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by temitope27(m): 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
Penaldo u mean? grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by tobtap: 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
Omo ake... But cr9 in his prime...was unstoppable... Cheers to d defenders of dos days..Dem try...

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Lashist(m): 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
Abeg its not a debate before some fans starts saying this means ororo is better than king messi...ororo ofcourse puts pressure on defenders those days...he scares defenders so alves had to confess this because he played against him several times. But ororo now is just a PK scorer and he is doing real good

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by vastolord4(m): 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
As expected

2 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Generalkaycee(m): 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2022
Messi is the GOAT

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by SultanOfPuna: 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2022
People think Penalty is easy
Una dey craze!!!
Penalty is the most stressful part of football

It takes a unique skill to play pk like Ronaldo
Most of you here cant score pk to save your live.
Talkless of playing pk infront of 70 thousand fans and the whole world watching.
Any mistake you make the whole team will blame you.
Penalty is where you know a top class player
Put some respect on ronaldo
To be consistent in penalty is a Big deal

118 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by cutecommend: 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2022
Messi is too much...

7 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by OPICANTO2223: 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2022
H
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by sprints1: 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ororo for a reason back when Rinaldo was young crazy stepovers rabona up and down. Knuckle shots. That guy was a legend even Ashley cole can atest to that. Footballers no dey again oo. The crop we have now are bang average mofos

40 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 2:29pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ororo

The one true GOAT and living legend!

Enjoy ya life jare

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by 5iine: 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2022
Have you played against Messi?? grin

2 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by sanity12(m): 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2022
Mathematricks:
Lies. It's Messi.

Please when u read, Try to comprehend, It will help u

42 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Sportifypharm: 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2022
How
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Bmaster(m): 2:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
Messi na your football Team colleague,

1 Like

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by emmabest2000(m): 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
True confession.

Whenever GOAT score goal
Someone must talk something about him cheesy

Wogannoma:
That's cos Messi was in your team!
Is Messi a Brazilian ? cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by tuzle(m): 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2022
Wogannoma:
That's cos Messi was in your team!
u guys are funny o, he mentioned messi as the toughest opponent he has faced, and u still found a way to add messi. Simple english, they didn't say who is the toughest opponent u never faced or the toughest opponent u faced in copa America.

2 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by wunmi590(m): 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2022

Lol, the werey said Ronaldo won't let him breathe, you too no dey let some players breathe with your overwhelming overlapping, which has made you one of the greatest defender in your time cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by ThierryJay: 2:34pm On Sep 16, 2022
Alves is right. Since Messi is his colleague, If he had mentioned any other player it would have been a slap on Ronaldo's standing as the second best after Messi in this era.

Who are the best players Alves has faced consistently in his career? lbrahimovic, Ribery, Drogba, Di Maria, Milito, Eto'o, Benzema, Dybala, Carrasco. Not choosing CR would be a big dent. So he is right.

All Real Madrid defenders would tell you Messi is their toughest opponent just like Varane confirmed recently.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by rhythyson: 2:34pm On Sep 16, 2022
Generalkaycee:
Messi is the GOAT

Take am do pepper soup nah grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Malabopikin: 2:34pm On Sep 16, 2022
that is his view from his own end only
Corridon:
True confession.
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by SensualMan: 2:34pm On Sep 16, 2022
Peter obi is the toughest contestant i will ever face in my life - Tinubu

21 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Nyanabo(m): 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Farid24224(m): 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2022
Siiiiuuuu smiley

2 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Adeloft: 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2022
Hun
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by McLizbae: 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2022
This Ronaldo jump Sha! As if spring dey him foot shocked

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion / Microsoft Cortana Wins Apple Siri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.