Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) (26283 Views)

Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) / Cutest Top Three Vice Chancellors In Nigeria / Strike: President Buhari Meets With NANS At Presidential Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2022
PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI RECEIVES IN AUDIENCE CHAIRMAN AND SOME PRO-CHANCELLORS OF FED UNIVERSITIES. SEPT 16TH 2022

ASUU STRIKE: PRESIDENT BUHARI MEETS WITH PRO-CHANCELLORS OF VARSITIES, PROMISES FURTHER CONSULTATIONS

President Muhammadu Buhari Friday at State House, Abuja, met with the Chairman and select members of Pro-Chancellors of Federal Universities, promising to engage in further consultations with relevant stakeholders, towards ending the protracted strike by university lecturers, under the aegis of Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).

The President said without necessarily going back on what is already established policy, “I will make further consultations, and I’ll get back to you.”

The Pro-Chancellors were led to the meeting by Professor Nimi Briggs, who said they had come to meet with the President in three capacities: “As President and Commander-in-Chief, as father of the nation, and as Visitor to the Federal universities.”

He added that despite the pall cast by more than seven months of industrial action, “the future of university system in the country is good,” citing as example the recent listing of the University of Ibadan among the first 1,000 universities in the world, a development occurring for the first time.

Prof Briggs commended Federal Government for concessions already made to the striking lecturers, including the offer to raise salaries by 23.5% across board, and 35% for Professors. He, however, asked for “further inching up of the salary, in view of the economic situation of the country.”

The Pro-Chancellors also asked for a reconsideration of the No-Work, No-Pay stance of government, promising that lecturers would make up for time lost as soon as an amicable situation was reached, and schools reopened.

Minister of State for Education, Goodluck Nana Opiah, said all the concessions made by Federal Government were to ensure that the industrial action comes to an end, but ASUU has remained adamant.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media and Publicity)
September 16, 2022

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0P5cYYuRYTToYWBwtxnsPkbLpzmf3VjfoK3xH9YvnTqcwxDhhyxu7pzu5EiJzb4D9l&id=100044604366356&sfnsn=scwspwa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Totilopussylick(m): 8:48pm On Sep 16, 2022
Politicians children are graduating from higher education in foreign countries.

While in Nigeria, the unfortunate ones are lavishing at home sad

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:48pm On Sep 16, 2022
more photos

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:49pm On Sep 16, 2022
more

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:49pm On Sep 16, 2022
May APC never happen to Nigerians again

Very useless satanic party

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:49pm On Sep 16, 2022
Lalasticlala

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by iamwilliamsfx(m): 8:49pm On Sep 16, 2022
We want to see the end of ASUU strike
Not Photos

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Bontafa: 8:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
Settle them and stop looking for who will lick your ass .

Propaganda government since day one

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Peter Obituary is dead on arrival APC WILL rule Nigeria till the second coming of Christ AMEN

13 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:51pm On Sep 16, 2022
iamwilliamsfx:
We want to see the end of ASUU strike

Not Photos

Go and blame PDP Ipob Igbo part not Buhari

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by PandoraObi: 8:51pm On Sep 16, 2022
good
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Bontafa: 8:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

Peter Obituary is dead on arrival APC WILL rule Nigeria till the second coming of Christ AMEN

Phahahah

Kpomo and bole go soon add money o

Continue licking Asiwaju's ass

22 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Totilopussylick(m): 8:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

Suffer never begin tire you tongue

Born to suffer

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
Bontafa:
Settle them and stop looking for who will lick your ass .

Propaganda government since day one

Was it Buhari APC government that brought the Stu!d ASSU strike? Why not go and tell ur ipob part PDP

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by iamwilliamsfx(m): 8:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

Go and blame PDP Ipob Igbo part not Buhari
Why should I blame them What did they cause?

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:53pm On Sep 16, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Suffer never begin tire you tongue

Born to suffer

Shut down and rest

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Bontafa: 8:53pm On Sep 16, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

Was it Buhari APC government that brought the Stu!d ASSU strike? Why not go and tell ur ipob part PDP

Oh PDP now has ipob ? Wonderful.

I just want to see how APC will win this election come 2023 .

And also how you will explain to a market woman that a gallon of oil from 3500 to 18700 I just want to understand how

10 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:53pm On Sep 16, 2022
iamwilliamsfx:

Why should I blame them
What did they cause?

abeg park well

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 16, 2022
Bush meat don catch hunter
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:54pm On Sep 16, 2022
Bontafa:

Oh PDP now has ipob ? Wonderful.

I just want to see how APC will win this election come 2023 .

And also how you will explain to a market woman that a gallon of oil from 3500 to 18700 I just want to understand how

Capital RUBBISH, APC have already won. E go shock you on that day

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Bontafa: 8:57pm On Sep 16, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

Capital RUBBISH, APC have already won. E go shock you on that day

When you explain to a market woman you come back and tell me your answer.

Also other parties are contesting and with the fraud just discovered in the BVAS im so sorry.

Again also how will APC Contest in Zamfara with Asiwaju ?

This is Zamfara I'm asking about o alone

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Emmamay10: 9:06pm On Sep 16, 2022
ASUU and begi begi. This is what they ought to have done at the earlier stage instead of being headstrong. They were proving to be stubborn to their employer. FG should please increase their salaries a little bit, but they must not be paid all the backlog of salaries. ASUU should make sacrifices too by accepting probably half payment.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Iliveforever(m): 9:07pm On Sep 16, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

But yekini Amoda said it’s his turn
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 9:12pm On Sep 16, 2022
Bontafa:

Also other parties are contesting and with the fraud just discovered in the BVAS im so sorry.

Forget the election has been done and we know who wins already. And is nobody than Tinubu. So go out and waste ur votes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by vanunu: 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2022
The federal government has no business financing tertiary education, in other countries it is the state government and the private sectors that finance education.
Nigerian government seems to be the most foolish government in the whole world, with no idea of how to end perennial ASUU strike that have been going for almost thirty years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by adekolaelect(m): 9:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
Bontafa:

stop allowing emotional Imaginatio to disturbing you. Nigerians poeple only vote for who they know and vote for a candidate that know who they know to get the hat they want .not those virtual good governance with no direction that obi and his supporters are crying of.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by VladimirPutiin(m): 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by omonnakoda: 10:33pm On Sep 16, 2022
vanunu:
The federal government has no business financing tertiary education, in other countries it is the state government and the private sectors that finance education.
Nigerian government seems to be the most foolish government in the whole world, with no idea of how to end perennial ASUU strike that have been going for almost thirty years.
Your statement is problematic on so many levels
Not every country has state and federal governments. Not every country with federal and state governments operate the same constitution as we do with our bizarre exclusive list and concentration of funds in the centre
All you need to have done is google countries that provide free university education .There are many.Some even provide free university education for foreigners
It is not an ideological issue.Rather it is a practical one.
Logically your statement is problematic because other countries do something( claim not true anyway) does not mean it will be good for us. I do not advocate the FG government funding universities in THE SAME WAY as they have done but not for the reasons you suggest.
After independence we could afford it now we cannot and the students need to contribute because our population has grown so it is a reality based issue
Rich countries fund their universities with a lot more that the total budget of Nigeria the models are different and students also contribute . often the funding goes toward research but there are many countries with free tuition and some offer grants or low interest loans to students. Now the US is considering forgiving billions in loans
There is no easy solution and glib declarations don't help. Ultimately students in Nigeria will have to put their hands in their pockets and poor students will be excluded to some extent. Bitter Pill
Our solution does not have to match anyone's the logic of your statement is like saying A woman should not pay bills in a household because xyz happens in another household.Totally illogical.
We need our own unique solution based on our realities

13 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by Bontafa: 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
adekolaelect:
stop allowing emotional Imaginatio to disturbing you. Nigerians poeple only vote for who they know and vote for a candidate that know who they know to get the hat they want .not those virtual good governance with no direction that obi and his supporters are crying of.

I hear you sir .

Now shout a loud Amen

Asiwaju goes nowhere

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by englishmart(m): 5:20am On Sep 17, 2022
ASUU must keep on the strike until their demands are met, and to the last ounce. If Buhari can borrow and share amongst his peers, he should also borrow to fix our education system. Btw, I zoomed in on their shoes.

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) by tuoyoojo(m): 5:21am On Sep 17, 2022
Mark my words

A few weeks to the presidential elections, ASSU strike would be called off

Students would be asked to resume schools and bombarded with lectures, test and examination, they would not have time to vote in so doing they would have disenfranchised a large number of the newly registered voters

If you think the government doesn't know what they are doing, I just dey laff

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds / What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? / DETAILS ON LASPOTECH HND FULLTIME, ND/HND PART-TIME 2016/2017 APPLICATION FORM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.