Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,269 members, 7,780,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:27 PM

As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC (898 Views)

See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome / Photo Of The Oha Soup I Prepared With N850 In School / The Best Edikaikong Soup Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by YoungWizard007: 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2022
Good day Nairalanders, as schools are still on holiday I decided to check on my people. While still serving father's land I learnt how to prepare Edikaikong soup from a fellow corp member, she's from calabar and this girl really knows how to cook mhen this girl sabi.. from all of her delicacies I really enjoy this particular soup so much that I told her to teach me how to, well as I am also the cooking type I grabbed the methods fast and cool even as a yoruba guy.
So I decided to cook the soup for my parents for them to see and feel the taste grin also bought some half done Apu (Fufu) along so the equation will balance well
And I'll like Nlanders to rate my soup with the pictures, I will also try to explain the steps

If the Mods can also help me push to FP I'll really appreciate that

Ingredients: grinded Cray Fish, grinded Pepper, Periwinkle, Stock fish, Pomo, Meat, Palm oil, Apu, Salt and Maggi

Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2022
See akpu full everywhere like say tomorrow no dey,lol
Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by fati2001(m): 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2022
We're waiting.

3 Likes

Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by fman(m): 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2022
Ok. This fufu wey full everywhere
U dey host party?

1 Like

Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by robinso01(m): 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2022
You are doing well

1 Like

Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by YoungWizard007: 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2022
I forgot adding water leaf and Ugwu leaf to the ingredients

I first boiled up my meat, pomo, stock fish and Periwinkle without adding excess water I added little grinded pepper with other condiments

Then i heat up the palm oil a little

Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by fman(m): 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2022
fati2001:
We're waiting.
Tell me u r joking wt what your signature says!!
Are u truly LGBTQ?
Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2022
From the pictures alone, this your soup will be very delicious.
Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by YoungWizard007: 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2022
Then i pour the water leaf into the oil and let it be for some mins for some introduction grin
Later on I allowed Ugwu to join the meeting

Then grinded pepper and Cray Fish.
After all boiled up together I now added my stock fish, meat and all together
You need to perceive the aroma kiss
And all was set

3 Likes

Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by YoungWizard007: 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2022
Then i moved on to the second phase which is preparing my Apu
I boiled the Apu since its half done it needs to be boiled
After boiing stage it went straight up to the mortar nd pestle for correct pounding

I must confess I really enjoy this pounding Apu to pounded yam....

Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by Boogyman557: 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2022
Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by YoungWizard007: 2:10pm On Sep 17, 2022
And it was all set and delicious tongue tongue tongue

Thank you all for your time

Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by Boogyman557: 2:16pm On Sep 17, 2022
....i
Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by tillaman(m): 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2022
Nice one OP

For those shouting see Akpu everywhere Akpu wey no pass 12
My guy Akin when I dey school dey chop 14 if e no dey form but if he dey form e dey chop 21

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2022
tillaman:
Nice one OP

My guy Akin when I dey school dey chop 14 if e no dey form but if he dey form e dey chop 21
On one stand ABI wetin?lol
Be like your guy na gorilla oo.

1 Like

Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by tillaman(m): 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:

On one stand ABI wetin?lol
Be like your guy na gorilla oo.
na stone cold oo
Person wey chop 5 indomie hungry man size still chop 3 eggs drink plenty kunu on top

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by Icarus99(f): 4:16pm On Sep 17, 2022
tillaman:
Nice one OP

That your guy has to be a lion I swear

1 Like

Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by YoungWizard007: 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
From the pictures alone, this your soup will be very delicious.

Yeah it is
Thanks
Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by sweetveek(m): 4:52pm On Sep 17, 2022
Guy you get time cook like this? Even pound akpu cheesy cheesy
Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by YoungWizard007: 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2022
sweetveek:
Guy you get time cook like this? Even pound akpu cheesy cheesy

Lol, man gatz to eat
Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by Reggaemich(m): 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2022
I have not eaten this soup

Only afang soup I have tasted, back then in school canteen
Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by YoungWizard007: 10:12pm On Sep 17, 2022
Reggaemich:
I have not eaten this soup

Only afang soup I have tasted, back then in school canteen

Oh you really need to taste Edikaikong
Afang is nice as well
Re: As A Yoruba Guy See The Edikaikong Soup I Prepared During My NYSC by Kobojunkiee: 11:56pm On Sep 17, 2022
tillaman:
Nice one OP

And how does Akin look with all 14 akpu regularly following him around in his bum and neck? undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See 400 Naira Plaintain In Lagos / Nigerian Food? / Vegetable Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.