Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,892 members, 7,798,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell (26454 Views)

Reason Why Christianity Will Die Out In Nigeria - ANS / Christianity Destroyed Black Rome And Christianity Will Destroy White Rome / Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by gameova(m): 6:36pm On Sep 17, 2022
Imagine Nigeria without Christianity Or Knowledge Of Anybody Called Jesus still practicing Our traditional Religion without any Colonial Interference. Will we all (now Christians) have gone to hell when we died?

60 Likes

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by rusher14: 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2022
For where?

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2022
No be the same Colonial masters tell una say hell dey?
Ogbeni it's called belief for a reason,if Dem no introduce Christianity you for believe another thing.
That's why I say most Christians/religion people are Christians because they were born by Christians not by choice,lol

348 Likes 16 Shares

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by fman(m): 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2022
gameova:
Imagine Nigeria without Christianity Or Knowledge Of Anybody Called Jesus still practicing Our traditional Religion without any Colonial Interference. Will we all (now Christians) have gone to hell when we died?
Hell is just a conception...
It only exist in ur mind.

132 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Olojuobinrin(m): 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2022
You lie!!!

I have not seen a person with an evidence that Christianity is a sure ticket to Heaven , if what you read in the Bible is what you’re basing your judgement on then you’re being self righteous just like all other people saying their religion is a freeway to paradise!

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 6:41pm On Sep 17, 2022
gameova:
No, we would all not go to Hell. Instead, scripture says that those who die as unbelievers will perish in the grave. God's Judgement for all unbelievers... all who do not believe in Him.. is as follows...... From dust, you(mind, body, and soul) were made and to dust, you(mind, body, and soul) shall return.... Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by gameova(m): 6:47pm On Sep 17, 2022
rusher14:
For where?
What's the essence of the Christian Religion then?. We would have been better off practicing our traditional religion which is also very good. Why abandon our beliefs for some white man thinking theirs are superior?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by gameova(m): 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:
No be the same Colonial masters tell una say hell dey?
Ogbeni it's called belief for a reason,if Dem no introduce Christianity you for believe another thing.
That's why I say all Christians/religion people are Christians because they were born by Christians not by choice,lol
But why Nigerians carry the religion for head like gala. It's really a do or die affair. Millions have died because of religion in Nigeria.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2022
gameova:
But why Nigerians carry the religion for head like gala. It's really a do or die affair. Millions have died because of religion in Nigeria.
Na childhood indoctrination cause am na,if not religion for don die off.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by rusher14: 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2022
gameova:
What's the essence of the Christian Religion then?. We would have been better off practicing our traditional religion which is also very good. Why abandon our beliefs for some white man thinking theirs are superior?
Don't let them come for my head abeg.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by gameova(m): 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2022
Olojuobinrin:
You lie!!!

I have not seen a person with an evidence that Christianity is a sure ticket to Heaven , if what you read in the Bible is what you’re basing your judgement on then you’re being self righteous just like all other people saying their religion is a freeway to paradise!
What then is the sure ticket to heaven please?

2 Likes

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by gameova(m): 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
No, we would all not go to Hell. Instead, scripture says that those who die as unbelievers will perish in the grave. God's Judgement for all unbelievers... all who do not believe in Him.. is as follows...... From dust, you(mind, body, and soul) were made and to dust, you(mind, body, and soul) shall return.... Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. undecided
So what is the essence of the death of Jesus?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2022
gameova:
There is no law against keeping your traditional religion if that is what you prefer. Just that some of us prefer what we have to that which was not "good" to us. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2022
gameova:
So what is the essence of the death of Jesus?
You don't need to care about Him, or His death, if you are, as you claim, content with your traditional religion. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 6:53pm On Sep 17, 2022
gameova:
Sure ticket to whose Heaven? undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:54pm On Sep 17, 2022
gameova:

The whitemen that first came to Africa aren't Christians but politicians! wink

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Olojuobinrin(m): 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2022
gameova:
Maybe you should read what I wrote again , no one knows , but from what is posted here , it’s seems like you’re trying to make us think Christianity is the only ticket to Heaven without giving any evidence actually.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 6:57pm On Sep 17, 2022
Olojuobinrin:

Maybe you should read what I wrote again , no one knows , but from what is posted here , it’s seems like you’re trying to make us think Christianity is the only ticket to Heaven without giving any evidence actually.
Which heaven? Or may be I should ask instead, whose heaven? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Olojuobinrin(m): 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Which heaven? Or may be I should ask instead, whose heaven? undecided

Thank you, that was why I used the word paradise first because that’s what they keep promising people, there’s this illusion or should I call it deceit actually that , if you’re not in this particular religion, you’re likely to go to hell , I’m still waiting for my late grandfather who happens to be a Muslim and all his 5 kids are pastor and no single one of the grandkids is practicing Islam, I’m still waiting for him to appear in my dream one day to tell me I’m this is how it looks like when you die , This is Heaven, this is hell, only those who believe in this and that make it to Heaven and others go to hell , the funny thing is nobody has ever came back to tell us Shit , even Jesus hasn’t came back after 2000 years , we only hear He is coming soon and when he comes, This and this will happen according to what’s written in the scriptures , by the way I’m not atheist, I grew up a Muslim and Christian home I was supposed to become a pastor at some point but I let go , I read both the Quran and The Bible, I studied both well and graduated , I just get pissed when some people try to claim self-righteous and try to condemn others .

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by TenQ: 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2022
gameova:
Colonial masters didn't introduce Christianity, Christian Missionaries did!

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2022
Olojuobinrin:
1. Thank you, that was why I used the word paradise first because that’s what they keep promising people, there’s this illusion or should I call it deceit actually that , if you’re not in this particular religion, you’re likely to go to hell ,

2. I’m still waiting for my late grandfather who happens to be a Muslim and all his 5 kids are pastor and no single one of the grandkids is practicing Islam, I’m still waiting for him to appear in my dream one day to tell me I’m this is how it looks like when you die , This is Heaven, this is hell, only those who believe in this and that make it to Heaven and others go to hell , the funny thing is nobody has ever came back to tell us Shit ,

3. even Jesus hasn’t came back after 2000 years , we only hear He is coming soon and when he comes, This and this will happen according to what’s written in the scriptures , by the way I’m not atheist, I grew up a Muslim and Christian home I was supposed to become a pastor at some point but I let go , I read both the Quran and The Bible, I studied both well and graduated , I just get pissed when some people try to claim self-righteous and try to condemn others .
1. Whether you call it paradise or Heaven, the basic is still it all depends on which deity or belief one refers to, doesn't it? undecided

2. Waiting for the dead to enter your dreams to inform you... all i can think is they are dead, aren't they? Why have such expectations of the dead? undecided

3. Yes, according to Jesus Christ, His Heaven and Hell will not be open for the admission of souls until after He returns and judges those born-again... The Kingdom of God only belongs to those who are born-again. So, it is crucial to identify precisely whose Heaven/Hell one is referring to as each deity defines it's separately/differently. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by GodsOwnMan: 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2022
Nigerian Christians are the most foolish people on this planet. Talking to them is like talking to a monkey and expecting logic or sense. The Jesus that you carry for head like gala what benefits has it offered Nigerians or Africans?

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
Nigerian Christians are the most foolish people on this planet. Talking to them is like talking to a monkey and expecting logic or sense. The Jesus that you carry for head like gala what benefits has it offered Nigerians or Africans?
You are the one not making any sense here. Why do you even expect Jesus Christ to offer anything to your Nigerian and Africa abeg? undecided

You no know how to read at all or what? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by GodsOwnMan: 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2022
TenQ:

And your foolish Christian brain cannot even realize that there is no difference between your colonial masters and their missionaries.

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by gameova(m): 7:30pm On Sep 17, 2022
TenQ:

What difference does it make?

12 Likes

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by TenQ: 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2022
gameova:
A whole world of a difference because their objectives were different.

One was about the british kingdom
the other was about the kingdom of God

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by gameova(m): 7:36pm On Sep 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
There is no law against keeping your traditional religion if that is what you prefer. Just that some of us prefer what we have to that which was not "good" to us. undecided
I'm just asking hypothetically. Christianity is practiced by millions here in Nigeria which see the religion superior to our traditional beliefs which is not meant to be so! We need reorientation desperately!

14 Likes

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by gameova(m): 7:37pm On Sep 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Sure ticket to whose Heaven? undecided
God?
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2022
gameova:
God?
which God? undecided
Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2022
gameova:

Jesus sent his disciples in pairs to speak with their neighbours at home {Matthew 10:11-13} they are never to raise weapons against anyone {Matthew 26:52} they must love their neighbours as themselves {Mark 12:31} they must love fellow believers just as Jesus loves each of them {John 13:34-35} they must not participate in worldly politics {John 17:14} they must all share the same line of thought (John 17:22} they must not practice racism among them {Matthew 12:46-50} they must not curse anyone {Matthew 5:43-48} they must always be calm in everything they do! Matthew 10:16

Have you seen any group like this?
If not then you've not seen true Christians! Matthew 5:14-16 wink

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by Kobojunkiee: 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2022
gameova:
I'm just asking hypothetically. Christianity is practiced by millions here in Nigeria which see the religion superior to our traditional beliefs which is not meant to be so! We need reorientation desperately!
If they individually consider Christianity a superior belief system to your traditional beliefs, why do they need this reorientation you speak of? For whose benefit will this be for? Is this all so you can beat your chest and claim that your traditional beliefs are more widely adopted or something? undecided

3 Likes

Re: If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell by TenQ: 7:41pm On Sep 17, 2022
gameova:
A whole world of a difference because their objectives were different.

One was about the british kingdom and resources
the other was about the kingdom of God and His Christ

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Happy Easter: Share Your Easter Best Selfie.. / Apostle Suleman: I Bought Cars For All My Male Workers / Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.