Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu (4407 Views)

Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN / Insecurity: Why Northern Elders Are Angry With Buhari – Femi Adesina / El-Rufai: 'Christians Won’t Vote For Me, Even If Pope Is My Running Mate' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by CaptainAyub: 2:47am On Sep 19, 2022
EmekaMD:
may I ask why you despise Obi so much? if you don’t mind
Because he's Igbo, nothing else.
Kyase is Omenka 2.0

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by frank14011991(m): 6:01am On Sep 19, 2022
CaptainAyub:

No de talk wetin u no know.
in 2015 Yusuf igabi and tanko almakura shared the Muslim votes still yet labaran maku couldn't win the election despite getting block votes from the Christians

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by frank14011991(m): 6:03am On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

Just watch out for 2023
in 2015 tanko almakura and Yusuf igabi shared the Muslim votes still yet labaran maku couldn't win the election despite getting votes from christians

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by techWriter3: 6:50am On Sep 19, 2022
You're still not objective enough.If Muslim Muslim ticket is your only reason to not support Tinubu, then kyase you don't have a reason, support Tinubu and vote him.Meanwhile Atiku is comingYou're still not objective enough.If Muslim Muslim ticket is your only reason to not support Tinubu, then kyase you don't have a reason, support Tinubu and vote him.Meanwhile Atiku is coming...
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by famouscargo4u: 6:59am On Sep 19, 2022
agadez007:
Tinubu’s Muslim Muslim ticket is just to test the waters,and if we mistakenly allow them
Forget it,it would be like that forever,soon it would be northern muslim/northern muslim

And you think they'd win?
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:59am On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:
Over the years, the Northern Christians are seen as second-class citizens by our northern brothers the Muslims they suppressed our population And inflated their population which they use as a tool to shortchange us politically. The highest position a Christian is allowed to hold in the north is the collective North is chairmanship position of Arewa consultative forum, which is nothing.

Voting Tinubu will mean one thing; we’ve finally accepted the position they placed us, and it will finally relegate us to second fiddle and we know what that means. Even by having Christian VPs and presidents they still pressed our necks day and night, what would now be our fate if both the president and the Vp are Muslim?

I rather vote for Peter obi whom I despise so much than vote for Tinubu whom I like so much

I urge you brethren in the north campaigning for Tinubu to rethink our future is more important than what we’ll gain now

In 2023 Tinubu and most Nigerians will learn a thing about the Christians

PS: if you know me then you Will know that I'm not a bigot

Fergie001
Gardfield1
Plateau, Nasarawa, Benue, Taraba, FCT have already started sending strong massage, Plateau rally home of APC campaign chairman strongly send massage to them, that was why Adams started attacking Peter Obi in presence of APC heavy weight members, Obi now is a big threat to them, never see it coming, and it popularity is growing every single minute, that is why APC and PDP are firing smear campaign against Obi from all cylinders, both big parties have united against Obi because they see him as a big threat that will change OLD ORDER

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Salvador1: 7:02am On Sep 19, 2022
post=116801927:

Plateau, Nasarawa, Benue, Taraba, FCT have already started sending strong massage, Plateau rally home of APC strongly send massage to them, that was why Adams started attacking Peter Obi in presence of APC heavy weight members, Obi now is a big threat to them, never see it coming, and it popularity is growing every single minute, that is why APC and PDP are firing smear campaign against Obi from all cylinders, both big parties have united against Obi because the see him as a big threat that will change OLD ORDER
eggzactly
Just watch immediately after 1st Oct rally u will see mother of all propaganda from Yorubas against him. More top politicians will start attacking him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:
Over the years, the Northern Christians are seen as second-class citizens by our northern brothers the Muslims they suppressed our population And inflated their population which they use as a tool to shortchange us politically. The highest position a Christian is allowed to hold in the north is the collective North is chairmanship position of Arewa consultative forum, which is nothing.

Voting Tinubu will mean one thing; we’ve finally accepted the position they placed us, and it will finally relegate us to second fiddle and we know what that means. Even by having Christian VPs and presidents they still pressed our necks day and night, what would now be our fate if both the president and the Vp are Muslim?

I rather vote for Peter obi whom I despise so much than vote for Tinubu whom I like so much

I urge you brethren in the north campaigning for Tinubu to rethink our future is more important than what we’ll gain now

In 2023 Tinubu and most Nigerians will learn a thing about the Christians

PS: if you know me then you Will know that I'm not a bigot

Fergie001
Gardfield1

You are a bigot. Religion should not matter to you, let alone be able to influence how you vote, if you're not a bigot.

It is even worse if you're under 40.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:08am On Sep 19, 2022
Salvador1:
eggzactly
Just watch immediately after 1st Oct rally u will see mother of all propaganda from Yorubas against him. More top politicians will start attacking him.
I know
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by agadez007(m): 7:49am On Sep 19, 2022
famouscargo4u:

And you think they'd win?
nope
I am just advicinh those people that would want to vote them
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 9:18am On Sep 19, 2022
EmekaMD:
may I ask why you despise Obi so much? if you don’t mind

Two things
1: Obi is a capitalist
2: his supporters
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 9:22am On Sep 19, 2022
stonemasonn:
Kyase, blame goes to the northern Christians for their inability of producing a popular political figure, not assholes like Lalong, or grasscutters like Babachir. All the top northern politicians I know are corrupt, clueless and failures. Most of them are even converting to Islam to gain political favors..tueh.
But, Ganduje is not corrupt or shetimma is not corrupt right?
Only the Christian politicians are corrupt abi

Dogara was there and northern Christians were very much ready this time to cast bulk votes for apc just to get the Vp that will represent us for once

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Bomboiy: 9:26am On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

Two things 1: Obi is a capitalist 2: his supporters
Why do you hate capitalism?
What are his supporters doing differently from Tinubu's supporters?
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 9:27am On Sep 19, 2022
candidtalk:

You are a bigot. Religion should not matter to you, let alone be able to influence how you vote, if you're not a bigot.

It is even worse if you're under 40.
I supported Buhari over Jonathan in 2015
In 2011 I supported Ribadu over Jonathan

How am I a bigot
In fact if I’m anything, it should be foolish
Leaving my own to support another

So calm down, severally on this forum I was tag a Muslim asslicker

I supported Amaechi for the ticket
In the south east I was in for Umahi
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 9:31am On Sep 19, 2022
Bomboiy:

Why do you hate capitalism?

What are his supporters doing differently from Tinubu's supporters?
You are asking me why I hate capitalism? Really

His supporters haul insult on anyone not supporting him
Tinubu supporters never attacked me for not supporting him, even during the primaries, for once nobody called me names for not supporting tinubu
But you see those obi guys, hmm you know yourself
Only few of you guys are objective but the rest na rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 9:36am On Sep 19, 2022
post=116801927:

Plateau, Nasarawa, Benue, Taraba, FCT have already started sending strong massage, Plateau rally home of APC campaign chairman strongly send massage to them, that was why Adams started attacking Peter Obi in presence of APC heavy weight members, Obi now is a big threat to them, never see it coming, and it popularity is growing every single minute, that is why APC and PDP are firing smear campaign against Obi from all cylinders, both big parties have united against Obi because the see him as a big threat that will change OLD ORDER
Well it’s high time we have bulk votes to vote against the “North” if they don’t want to carry us along
We’ve been divided within ourselves but thank God our elders and leaders have started acting now
Every northern agenda will be canceled with our votes even if we don’t succeed in 2023 the message will be passed to anyone that will want to belittle us for anything

It’s high time we leave the Arewa consultive forum for them and face ours

6 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 9:42am On Sep 19, 2022
frank14011991:
in 2015 tanko almakura and Yusuf igabi shared the Muslim votes still yet labaran maku couldn't win the election despite getting votes from christians
If Labaran contested under PDP in 2015, he would’ve won that election
He introduced apga months to the election and did really good

4 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

I supported Buhari over Jonathan in 2015
In 2011 I supported Ribadu over Jonathan

How am I a bigot
In fact if I’m anything, it should be foolish
Leaving my own to support another

So calm down, severally on this forum I was tag a Muslim asslicker

I supported Amaechi for the ticket
In the south east I was in for Umahi

I called you a bigot because, whatever your past actions, religion should never be important enough to decide how you vote especially because I am sure you're likely a Nigerian youth not older than Yayha Bello.

Bro, I am well-travelled and know that it is a disgrace that religion still continues to be a factor for youths in Nigerian politics. See for yourself below to note precisely what I am talking about and why you should not be patting yourself on the back when you should realize you need to evolve in comparison to others.

We cannot be justifying backwardness in Nigeria, especially as youths, and expecting Nigeria to become like the UK whereas the youths there are about ideas rather than religious worship that needs to be relegated to the background per politics and Public administration of Nigeria.

Youths are de-emphasising the influence of religion in public and political life worldwide and we are emphasising it in Nigeria. Why do you wish to swim against the tide that has evolved the most successful nations in the world yet you continue to expect Nigeria has a right to aspire to be like them? How? Why?

Brethren, it is not rocket science Nigeria is failing. We reject modern practices and innovation to stick with retrogression. You're guilty of that , as a youth, more horribly than Buhari who is nearly 80 years old.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2012/03/06/secularism-britain

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nyamuri: 10:29am On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase, my amidable worthy ally, I really appreciate ur acumen, wisdom and awareness as a norther Christian. It's very unfortunate that we depart henceforth by taking a different path

My question:
1-If the presidential candidate from the south is a Muslim, what's wrong if we the north insist on a Muslim since we are the majority? The south made their choice, why can't we make ours

2- the combination had nothing to do with religious factor, but how to gain votes.. you and I know there is no famous Christian northerner with political clout that can garner votes for Tinubu

3- both Tinubu and shettima are not known to discriminate along religion line, even soome pastor's attested to this.. why the fair

4- south kd, Benue, plateau and nasarawa Christians all voted for PDP.. so there is nothing Tinubu will lose from here
Kyase:

Thank you
I really liked Tinubu but he was deceived to go that path just as Babachir said

1 Like

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nyamuri: 10:30am On Sep 19, 2022
Are you from nasarawa?
Kyase:

Yes
David
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nyamuri: 10:31am On Sep 19, 2022
Where do you stay in nasarawa?
Kyase:

The Muslims in Nassarawa are not more than 35% boss
I know Nassarawa like back of my palm
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nyamuri: 10:33am On Sep 19, 2022
I'm am currently in nasarawa too, for kyase to say Muslim are not up to 35% is just delusional and pathetic
frank14011991:
David ombugado has been contesting since 2019. I have many of my relatives in nassarawa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nyamuri: 10:36am On Sep 19, 2022
It's a fact!! I'm currently in nasarawa state
CaptainAyub:

No de talk wetin u no know.
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by nameo: 10:50am On Sep 19, 2022
Well, well......

Interesting times.

I respect that you are making a decision based on what you believe in i.e you are standing for something. This is becoming rare in our political climate lately, unfortunately.

Just to say tho that this is the general sendiment in the Middle Belt currently. And would be a major decider in the 2023 elections
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Buckeyemedia1: 10:53am On Sep 19, 2022
GreyLaw:

Nature abhors what Tinubu is intending to do. He will fail along with Shettima.
Only the blind are oblivious to the fact, that the victory has already been declared.
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by nameo: 10:53am On Sep 19, 2022
Nyamuri:
Kyase, my amidable worthy ally, I really appreciate ur acumen, wisdom and awareness as a norther Christian. It's very unfortunate that we depart henceforth by taking a different path

My question:
1-If the presidential candidate from the south is a Muslim, what's wrong if we the north insist on a Muslim since we are the majority? The south made their choice, why can't we make ours

2- the combination had nothing to do with religious factor, but how to gain votes.. you and I know there is no famous Christian northerner with political clout that can garner votes for Tinubu

3- both Tinubu and shettima are not known to discriminate along religion line, even soome pastor's attested to this.. why the fair

4- south kd, Benue, plateau and nasarawa Christians all voted for PDP.. so there is nothing Tinubu will lose from here

Bros, if the reverse was the case: you have a Christain-christain ticket and the possibility of Christains been President for at least 24 years straight, would you as a northern Muslim ever accept it regardless of any of the reasons given by a political party (ala, we want votes to win)?

I need only HONEST answers plzz

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Tk4all(m): 10:54am On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase, if you are from benue state like i use to think, pls don't tell me that you left Tinubu for Atiku, support peter obi for president or just stay in the tinubu camp plsssss.

For many of us in benue, we are taking this coming election as a battle for survival cos what we face for the past 8years is not something we pray for, and if another mistake happens, we may not live to tell the story. pls kyase, support peter obi or stay in tinubu camp forever

6 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:55am On Sep 19, 2022
Cyynthia:

If Nasawrawa is a Christian state why have they been producing muslim governors ?
Division among the foolish Christian ethnic groups is the reason. The hate each other to the core. To a point that one tribe will say to the other, than for a person from your tribe to be governor, I'd rather a Muslim wins. That is how bad it is. If an Eggon man comes out to contest in a party, a Mada man will come out to and none of them will step down. After the primaries, the one that loses will gang up with the Muslim to help him clinch the ticket. The sad story of Nasarawa state politics.

8 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:58am On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

The Muslims in Nassarawa are not more than 35% boss
I know Nassarawa like back of my palm
Then you just confirmed that you know nothing about Nasarawa state.

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by EmekaMD(m): 10:58am On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

Two things
1: Obi is a capitalist
2: his supporters
but Atiku is a capitalist also? I think capitalism encourages hardwork but i respect your right to disagree

As for his supporters. I take issues with some of them too, but how can you tell people how not to react when the government have neglected them for long. Now they see a glimer of hope and the same establishment politicians are telling them to shout up and sit down? common
Besides Buharis supporters did worse in 2015 but heaven did not fall.

Obi is a good man and he means well. that is all that should matter. Anybody can become his supporter, including you and you have your right to react to issues the way you want it. its your fundamental human right.

5 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Bizibi(m): 11:00am On Sep 19, 2022
The north is not voting apc, they're making it clear everyday and I kept wondering about the sudden love for their son because there was no support for atiku in 2019 in the north. They are even boasting that it will be 100% for atiku and when these guys boast I always take them serious.

I am surprise by the sudden shift to pdp,it was not like this 4 months ago.
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nyamuri: 11:03am On Sep 19, 2022
But Christian-Christian ticket is all over the southern region, but u people don't have any issue with it, why now? That's hypocrisy
nameo:

Bros, if the reverse was the case: you have a Christain-christain ticket and the possibility of Christains been President for at least 24 years straight, would you as a northern Muslim ever accept it regardless of any of the reasons given by a political party (ala, we want votes to win)?

I need only HONEST answers plzz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aba To Shut Down As Ojukwu’s Body Arrives Feb 28 / Breaking: Ekiti Governor Ayo Fayose Missing / 2 Of The 7 Wonders On Earth!!! All Thanks To Amechi And Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.