Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,293 members, 7,780,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:32 PM

Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well (67248 Views)

Caption This Picture Of Osinbajo And Atiku Campaign Bus Driver / Buhari, Tinubu, Akpabio, Oshiomhole, Osinbajo At APC Caucus Meeting / Church Of Satan Replies Fani-kayode's Accusation Of Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by Zeemam: 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2022
QUEEN ELIZABETH’S FUNERAL:
SOLIDARITY OF WORLD LEADERS TESTAMENT TO BROTHERHOOD AMONG COUNTRIES, SAYS OSINBAJO

*VP wishes King Charles well, prays he “does even better than his mother”

The coming together of leaders from different parts of the globe to celebrate the live of late Queen Elizabeth II and attend her funeral is a show of solidarity and goodwill by people from around the world.

It is also a testament to the brotherhood of nations, according to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN.

Prof. Osinbajo stated this on Monday in London during a media chat with journalists after attending the State Funeral Service of the late Queen of England at Westminster Abbey.

According to the Vice President, “for countries like ours, for Nigeria and for the Commonwealth, this has been very ennobling, very strengthening.

“I am sure that King Charles felt not just the honour of having so many people come by, but also the reassurance that there is a brotherhood across the world and that the Commonwealth remains strong, a Commonwealth of free nations who willingly subscribe to coming together, to work together to achieve sometimes disparate political objectives but clear economic objectives.”

Speaking about the significance of the event, Prof. Osinbajo said “it is a historic event and one that is unlikely to happen, perhaps in another lifetime, just the sheer enormity of all that has happened and the gathering of leaders from everywhere, the good will, the good wishes, and all of that from practically everywhere around the world.”

“So, I think that this has truly been a testament to the sort of person the Queen was - in life and death, brought people together and perhaps even more so in death,” the VP added.

The Vice President then prayed for a successful reign for King Charles lll, noting that “one wishes King Charles very well indeed, and I think we are all anxious that he succeeds.

“And that he perhaps does even better than his mother, which is the hope of his mum. I am sure that the Queen will really hope that all her successors and in this case King Charles, will do better than she did.

“We are all looking forward to a wonderful reign, a reign that will bring prosperity, peace, not just to England, but to the Commonwealth and to all of us.”

Speaking further about the late British monarch, whom he earlier described as a Monarch for all seasons, the VP said “in the 70 years that she has been Queen, it's obvious that through practically every cycle - war, peace, economic decline, apartheid, all the various cycles, where truly major things were going on, she held her own and she was always able to bring a certain degree of understanding.

“And just the gravity of someone who doesn’t hold political office is so well respected and well regarded. In so many ways, she was a factor in practically all of the various cycles that we have experienced, not just in the Commonwealth, but in the world itself.

“I think she was a stabilizing force, that was why I thought the description (borrowed from “the man for all seasons”) that she was the Queen for all seasons.”

Right after the Funeral Service at Westminster Abbey, the Vice President and all the foreign dignitaries-about 500- were hosted to a reception by the UK Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs, Mr James Cleverly.

The Queen's funeral procession then proceeded to Windsor Castle where she would be laid to rest, passing through selected streets in London.

Laolu Akande
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity
Office of the Vice President
19th September 2022

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by endsarrrs(f): 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2022
undecided

328 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by iamwilliamsfx(m): 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2022
Nice prayer

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by festacman(m): 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2022
Sometimes, this King Charles III looks a bit moronic.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by phorget(m): 6:21pm On Sep 19, 2022
Wish Osinbajo was the APC presidential candidate flagbearer...however,Obidient is still better than sacrifice.

375 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by sameoldguy: 9:01pm On Sep 19, 2022
The number one figurehead undecided

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by Dalil8: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
Too big to attend, had to send his vice.

For the first time, i'm liking Bubu's pride. That is how every African leader should act.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by chukwugoziegi: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
phorget:
Wish Osinbajo was the APC presidential candidate flagbearer...however,Obidient is still better than sacrifice.

Same here. I wish he had been given the ticket.

But, e don happen e don happen, we vote OBIDATTI come 2023.

152 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by Softmirror: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
cry

YOU WILL START HEARING "I WISH OSINBAJO IS APC PRESIDENTIAL FLAGBEARER" UP AND DOWN THIS THREAD FROM THE SAME PEOPLE WHO STILL WOULD HAVE RUBBISH THIS SAME OSINBAJO BY ATTRIBUTING NOT THE POSITIVE SIDE OF BUHARI BUT BUHARI'S NEGATIVE SIDES TO HIS PERSONALITY. grin.

137 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by OgaDeyVex: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
All The Best To Him
Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
Wow . That is a good assignment for him.
Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by Delereh(m): 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
Ok
Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by robinso01(m): 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
How I wish this guy is just apc flag bearer

12 Likes

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by Aghans(m): 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
O
Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by Noblesh: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
Many don go. Many don pouff. Many don colo

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by Drunkard1: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
See top powers.. But to be frank. Time wey buhari suppose dey uk dey do things he no dey. But wen we need am he go go uk. Which kind president we get. Make them kukuma elect cow than tinubu next year. I want still ask seun for the 5k. If u like just dey ignore me. God dey watch us and queen elizabeth.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by Dialpad: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
Where is Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by Terror48: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
Ceremonial vp

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by UgoFly: 9:03pm On Sep 19, 2022
The first picture:

King: You mean your people prefer a man older than me as president instead of you??

Osibanjo: My King, the thing no give me mouth to talk o.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by Richieniit: 9:03pm On Sep 19, 2022
See better person una suppose give us as next president.. rather una carry one slowpoke, drug Barron, sick and criminal to represent APC.. tuuuuar.

In fact i am sure many of his fellower knows he has hands in the death of Bola Ige and funsho Williams.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by franchasofficia: 9:03pm On Sep 19, 2022
This is the rightful APC Presidential candidate but corruption and cowardice allowed Southwest APC delegates to sell their best candidate, sighs

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by 7arrows: 9:03pm On Sep 19, 2022
phorget:

Very very true. Not those senseless old fools who dont know what they are doing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by Emola12(m): 9:03pm On Sep 19, 2022
Tinubu can never stand d way PYO did go and verify

9 Likes

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by Igboslayer: 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2022
G
Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by Tayorshd2(m): 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2022
So even if TINUBU AND OSINBANJO IS GIVEN A CHANCE to be there THEN WHAT ABOUT THIEFOBI grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by Starz825(m): 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2022
See that man as he tall like buhari....
Na Rwanda president he go be

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by Lalarsticlala: 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2022
shocked
Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by ATLIEN2027: 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2022
phorget:

So that he can lose badly abi?
Keep wishing while Bola Hamed Tinubu becomes President.

302 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by sameoldguy: 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2022
Dalil8:
Too big to attend, had to send his vice.

I like Buhari's pride. That is how every African leader should act.
they know the real Buhari died in London and they do not want no body double embarrassing himself at the queens funeral.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Osinbajo At Queen Elizabeth’s Burial; Wishes King Charles Well by RomanGreen: 9:05pm On Sep 19, 2022
Tinubu would have written his name in Gold if he queued behind Osibanjo to emerge as APC flag bearer.

It would have been a tight race between Obi and Osibanjo.. Atiku won't even be relevant

By the way, I'm fully Obedient grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rashida Bello In Dubai For Weight Reduction / Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB / Ekiti Governor-Elect, Fayemi, Celebrates With Governors After His Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.