Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! (788 Views)

Weird Food And Non-food Pregnancy Craving. / 6 Disgusting But Nutritious Foods Eaten By Chinese People (pictures) Warning!! / Warning!.. These Photos Will Leave You Salivating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by Biafrannuke: 9:07pm On Sep 19, 2022
Abacha - not African Salad �
Ofe Nsala - not White Soup.�
Ofe Akwu - not Banga. �
Akpụ - not Fufu�.
Ofe onugbo- not Bitterleaf soup
Ofe okwuru/okro- not Draw soup
Ofe Ogbono -not draw soup

Respect Our Culture And Stop Translating The Names Of Our Cuisines To What You Don't Know.
After All, You Buy Pizza And Spaghetti (Italian Names) And Call It With Their Italian Names...
And you buy yoghurt which originated from Turkey with Turkey name, nobody translate the name in English.
So Why Not Leave Our Abacha,ofe Nsala,Ofe Akwụ And Akpụ etc To Bear Their Original Names, So It Can Tell Where It Originated From, Anytime Foreigners Sees Them...
If A Friend From USA Or UK Asks You What You Had For Breakfast, Lunch Or Dinner. Tell Him You Had Abacha, Akpụ with ofe Nsala.
And If They Don't Know It, Let Them Google About It. After All, That's Also How We Ndị igbo and other Africans Read About Their Cuisines On The Internet.
Telling Them You Had "Africa Salad Or Banga or even white soup", Doesn't Mean You Are Exp0sed And Educated, It Only Shows How Inferi0r You Take Yourself And Your heritage.

~ Igbo History (copied and modified)

7 Likes

Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by iamwilliamsfx(m): 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2022
If you don't want to call African salad abacha, don't call it nah

1 Like

Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 19, 2022
African Niger omo
Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 19, 2022
Finish it
Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by F4ku: 9:12pm On Sep 19, 2022
Lol.. Wahala everywhere���
Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by Felimax(m): 10:07pm On Sep 19, 2022
Make ignorance nor kill us for this country.

Yorubas call it Fufu
Igbos call it Akpu
Rivers call it Loi-loi

Everybody has different names what they call similar African dishes and diet.

1 Like

Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by Biafrannuke: 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2022
Felimax:

Yorubas call it Fufu
Igbos call it Akpu
Rivers call it Loi-loi

it is you that delibrate ignorance will not kill. why don't you call amala fufu?
Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by ljoh: 12:00am On Sep 20, 2022
Felimax:

Yorubas call it Fufu
Igbos call it Akpu
Rivers call it Loi-loi

Rivers is not a tribe

Igbo call it loi-loi
Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 20, 2022
Jennifer663:
Finish it
Ok ! But finished dis one first grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by Felimax(m): 12:49am On Sep 20, 2022
ljoh:

Rivers is not a tribe

Igbo call it loi-loi

The Igbos in Rivers don't refer to themselves as Igbos. So?

Do we want to go this lane again?

You cannot tell me to call it your language when it's my place.

In Warri and Lagos I will say Madam do you have fufu?
In Port Harcourt, Rivers State I will say Loi-Loi?
Onitsha and the rest Akpu!

It is very simple.

Yoruba has vegetable soup that is quite different from the way the Igbos makes their own and it has a different name also.

2 Likes

Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by Patriotsleague: 1:02am On Sep 20, 2022
Igbos always stupid, with their stupid culture of killing, crime, canibalism and lesbianism.
Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by Everythinggood: 4:58am On Sep 20, 2022
how many of ur family members has igbos killed or eaten? is like an igbo man **raped** your mother.
Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 20, 2022
[quote author=Himtulie247 post=116830388] Ok ! But finished dis one first grin grin grin[/quote
Which kind longer throat is this cry cry
Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by ljoh: 11:49am On Sep 20, 2022
Felimax:

The Igbos in Rivers don't refer to themselves as Igbos. So?

Do we want to go this lane again?

You cannot tell me to call it your language when it's my place.

In Warri and Lagos I will say Madam do you have fufu?
In Port Harcourt, Rivers State I will say Loi-Loi?
Onitsha and the rest Akpu!

It is very simple.

Yoruba has vegetable soup that is quite different from the way the Igbos makes their own and it has a different name also.

Hypocrite why did you say Warri, why not say Delta,
There are many ethnic groups in Rivers states you should try to be specific

You said Igbo people in rivers don't refer themselves as Igbo, then why do you call them Igbo? You should have said people in Rivers do not refer themselves as Igbo.
Again we have many ethnic groups in Rivers state, we have many Igboid groups in Rivers, some deny being Igbo why others accept it.
Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by Felimax(m): 11:52am On Sep 20, 2022
ljoh:

Hypocrite why did you say Warri, why not say Delta,
There are many ethnic groups in Rivers states you should try to be specific

You said Igbo people in rivers don't refer themselves as Igbo, then why do you call them Igbo? You should have said people in Rivers do not refer themselves as Igbo.
Again we have many ethnic groups in Rivers state, we have many Igboid groups in Rivers, some deny being Igbo why others accept it.

How did I became hypocrite since you understand my point so much. I am only saying I cannot call it your language when I have what I will call it in my own language.
Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by Maxikenna: 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2022
Patriotsleague:
Igbos always stupid, with their stupid culture of killing, crime, canibalism and lesbianism.

Brother, kindly stop all these hate speech please. Thank you in advance
Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by Patriotsleague: 5:28pm On Sep 20, 2022
Maxikenna:

Brother, kindly stop all these hate speech please. Thank you in advance
You reap what you sow.
Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by Maxikenna: 5:43pm On Sep 20, 2022
Patriotsleague:

You reap what you sow.
Re: Serious Warning To Igbos And Non Igbos! by Patriotsleague: 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2022
Maxikenna:

Stop hiding on nairaland.

Isn’t this you on Facebook ? ? https://screenshot.best/DOC6HJ.jpg
I don't do Facebook. Advice to nairalanders, avoid clicking unverified links, scammers like this can collect your information.

(1) (Reply)

Prime Hydration Drink / Who Likes Chocolate Biscuits / Urgent Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.