Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* (50854 Views)

My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning / Can You Pass This Food Safety Quiz? (Photos) / African Salad (abacha Ncha And Ugba/ukpaka) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by sonofthunder: 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2022
H0didon:
Men are really trying cool. They sacrifice alot for the family, work hard and all but yet they don't announce, but when it comes to women now, the whole world would hear grin. SOME women can be very funny.

As our Ancestors would say "A cow can give milk to the whole village but it would not make noise. But when a hen lays just one egg that cant even feed one child it crows and makes noise to the whole village to know that it has laid an egg.

You are very wicked!!! grin
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by ahnie: 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
erimmy:
What is ugba?
It's long and browny mostly eaten by Igbo people,I don't know the English name.

It's mostly used to eat roasted yam and oil.
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by Tgb1: 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2022
He is not hungry
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by remele2(f): 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
I remember one of my uncle den, who likes plenty of meat in his food.

He trained his son like that, the boy will not eat if there is no meat in the food.

As Nigeria come happen to my uncle, he couldn't buy much meat to cook again... He was served a meal with just two meat in the plate to eat together with his son.....

the son that is already use to eating meat as he dey chop food . Put hand for plate first take meat,,, na so the papa drop eba hold him son for throat say Chukwudi(stage name oooo) vomit that meat now,, i say vomit it now....

Make Nigeria no happen to any of us oooo make we fit dey atleast afford watin we need

4 Likes

Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by ahnie: 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2022
remele2:
I remember one of my uncle den, who likes plenty of meat in his food.

He trained his son like that, the boy will not eat if there is no meat in the food.

As Nigeria come happen to my uncle, he couldn't buy much meat to cook again... He was served a meal with just two meat in the plate to eat together with his son.....

the son that is already use to eating meat as he dey chop food . Put hand for plate first take meat,,, na so the papa drop eba hold him son for throat say Chukwudi(stage name oooo) vomit that meat now,, i say vomit it now....

Make Nigeria no happen to any of us oooo make we fit dey atleast afford watin we need

grin grin
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by ceeceeuwa: 4:39pm On Sep 22, 2022
My kids eat what ever is available.Nigeria is not smiling at all!

1 Like

Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by ahnie: 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2022
ceeceeuwa:
My kids eat what ever is available.Nigeria is not smiling at all!
I envy you trust me,
Mine doesn't eat meals that has passed the first day it's bn prepared.they rather starve.
Extremely choosy.
And it's frustrating most times.
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by premierlead: 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2022
ahnie:
Kids they say can be naughty at times,but in this case,I refused to CAP.

This morning my kids(daughter) really got on my last remaining isoko nerves,and I was furious spitting missiles and RPG.

Out of anger,I had to get them food each in their coolers and I sent my son who spent time there playing, forgetting he has to go to school.I deliberately refused getting them snacks just to punish them.

They returned back from school,my son,my son requested for roasted plantain,and beans and Ugba as lunch.

Whilst my daughter requested for noodles and fried egg.i even went extra miles of adding 3 meats to my boys order and completely forgot to include *Ugba**

Like play,like play my boy refused to eat the food because I forgot to add *ugba*
Just to appease him I even added fanta cola to bribe him,he still insisted**Mummy m not going to eat.

Omo,no time,I gave my daughter her own and devour his meal....make he go sip garri flakes I don't have time for rubbish.

He said...m not a good mother grin grin grin grin

I want to know if m a bad mother,by helping him to eat his food?

First pics....the food that caused the lacuna.
2nd pic....The bribe fanta cola
3rd pics...me helping him to chow the cornerstone meal he aptly rejected grin

Channah1
Sageb

That's how they mess up landlord's loo (toilet) with large poo after consuming all the rubbishes...small small children eating like elephant, big head momma too won't be considerate!

2 Likes

Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by ahnie: 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2022
premierlead:

That's how they mess up landlord's loo (toilet) with large poo after consuming all the rubbishes...small small children eating like elephant, big head momma too won't be considerate!
Hello how re you?
Where have you been?how's life with you premierlead?
Your comment really cracked me up!
So na me you dey call big head abii?
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by nuelleoz(m): 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
You're not a wicked mother, you're a greedy one.
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by ahnie: 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2022
nuelleoz:
You're not a wicked mother, you're a greedy one.
Because I ate his meal right?
Lolzzz

1 Like

Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by ceeceeuwa: 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2022
ahnie:

I envy you trust me,
Mine doesn't eat meals that has passed the first day it's bn prepared.they rather starve.
Extremely choosy.
And it's frustrating most times.

Does that include soups too? Because I cannot imagine making soup everyday . Even their father self won't make such demands.
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by ahnie: 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2022
ceeceeuwa:

Does that include soups too? Because I cannot imagine making soup everyday . Even their father self won't make such demands.
Yes.
What I do mostly is to order food for us just to avoid wasting food.
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by premierlead: 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2022
ahnie:

Hello how re you?
Where have you been?how's life with you premierlead?
Your comment really cracked me up!
So na me you dey call big head abii?

I have only tried to shun you because of how you meddled my name with what I did not do...I have always been online
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by ahnie: 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2022
premierlead:

I have only tried to shun you because of how you meddled my name with what I did not do...I have always been online
Oya sorry.
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by TheMostComplex1: 5:23pm On Sep 22, 2022
No you're not a bad mother but please forgive him
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by ceeceeuwa: 5:26pm On Sep 22, 2022
ahnie:

Yes.
What I do mostly is to order food for us just to avoid wasting food.
How long will you keep ordering foods?
You have already set the precedence...this would have been the right time to correct that since they are still very young. Remember they will not always be with you.They will grow up and move to other locations,mix with other people...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by ahnie: 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
ceeceeuwa:

How long will you keep ordering foods?
You have already set the precedence...this would have been the right time to correct that since they are still very young. Remember they will not laways be with you.They will grow up and move to other locations,mix with other people...
I would work on your suggestions.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by Allisgud: 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
That video that is played to pupils in china on how their parent huzzle to make money should be adopted in Nigeria school,u wey u begin put 2 meat for 5 years old pikin food be ready to Dance to the tune

1 Like

Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by ResourceMan(m): 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
ahnie:

This morning my kids(daughter) really got on my last remaining isoko nerves,and I was furious spitting missiles and RPG.

Out of anger,I had to get them food each in their coolers and I sent my son who spent time there playing, forgetting he has to go to school.I deliberately refused getting them snacks just to punish them.

They returned back from school,my son,my son requested for roasted plantain,and beans and Ugba as lunch.

Whilst my daughter requested for noodles and fried egg.i even went extra miles of adding 3 meats to my boys order and completely forgot to include *Ugba**

Like play,like play my boy refused to eat the food because I forgot to add *ugba*
Just to appease him I even added fanta cola to bribe him,he still insisted**Mummy m not going to eat.

Omo,no time,I gave my daughter her own and devour his meal....make he go sip garri flakes I don't have time for rubbish.

Channah1
Sageb

How On Earth WIll You Forget To Add Ugba. The Poor Boy Did Not Ask For those useless Oyinbo Mede-Mede Food, He Only Asked For Ugba. You Should Be Happy Your Boy Is A Proud African Son. Though He Misbehaved But He Is Still Right Because His Love For Ugba Has Vindicated HIm. You Have To Get Him A Plate Of Garnished Ugba, Abacha And Peppered Kpomo For Reconciliation.
I Am Liking Your Boy Already, Because Of his Love for Ugba.
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by uchvic(m): 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2022
Mummy you no go make heaven o.
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by nwajesus12(m): 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2022
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by ceeceeuwa: 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2022
ahnie:

I would work on your suggestions.
Thanks!
You are welcome sis! Motherhood comes with it's struggles. May God help us!
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by wingmanIII: 8:27pm On Sep 22, 2022
ahnie:

I m not spoiling them,I m only providing.
It's my duty to provide for my kids,all I just have to do is to apply moderation.

By the way,I don't know the nutritional benefits of Ugba,his dad introduced it to him.

I m an isoko lady,I have not eaten the said *Ugba*not even planning to taste it.

Ugba is oil bean seed. Highly nutritional. An Owerri delicacy. We love ugba, wash it down with palmwine or beer
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by Nickymezor(f): 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ur lil man ain't hungry yet.. Bad mum ke.
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by JoshB92: 8:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
Wetin be ugba?
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by KennethEnyi(m): 8:48pm On Sep 22, 2022
He’s probably learning that behavior from his father only the father that can reject food his wife prepared for him in front of his kids
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by GreenVILLETiPS: 12:23am On Sep 23, 2022
ahnie:

Channah1
Sageb

I know you trying to get some likes and comments and possbly get some people to laff over what you boy did and how you handled it but u shld try to educate your child to ALWAYS APPRECIATE what you are able to get him. Make him understand that you and his dad did not get the food for free.

He doesnt have to understand what the country is going through at this moment of his life so as not to limit/curtail his bubbling spirit because dis country can die someone's spirit tru tru... But with time, he will learn. dem nor dey tell person. some things are taught..some are better when learnt.

Teach him to be thankful to the giver of life who made it possible for his parents to be able to provide food for him to eat.

lobatan.

1 Like

Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by illicit(m): 4:15am On Sep 23, 2022
ahnie:

Illy he's a lil child

Yes

Manchild
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by phemmyfour: 4:37am On Sep 23, 2022
ahnie:

Channah1
Sageb

Inculcate the habit of giving them same meal, it creates bonding and reduce unnecessary stress.

2. Teach them to appreciate whatever you put on the table for them. They LL grow up to appreciate your EFFORT in every area of their lives

1 Like

Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by sageb: 6:43am On Sep 23, 2022
phemmyfour:
Inculcate the habit of giving them same meal, it creates bonding and reduce unnecessary stress.

2. Teach them to appreciate whatever you put on the table for them. They LL grow up to appreciate your EFFORT in every area of their lives

@ahnie this is a good advice.
Re: My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* by ahnie: 7:08am On Sep 23, 2022
illicit:

Yes

Manchild
illy,I give up on you grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyinbo Baby Relishes Eba & Okro Soup (Video, Photos) / Follow Me In My Garri Soaking Journey / Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.