Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? (22532 Views)

Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. / Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? / Artificial Insemination, A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by osazsky(m): 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2022
Shokoloko:

She needs to check it herself.
she doesnt need to waste her time..i have read tru the bible from gen to rev thrice
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by obailala(m): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2022
Londonderry:
The said Sister will have a lot of explanation to make as many will conclude she committed formication. The bible admonishes us to abstain from all appearances of evil. If such practices were allowed by the church, pregnant fornicators will soon start claiming the had artificial insemination.
In all honesty, she doesnt owe the people of the world any explanation. People of the world will always see you as a sinner no matter what; that's why Christ always talked about hypocrites. If she falls into menopause without ever having a child, the hypocrites of the world will still judge and call her nasty names behind her back, saying she's an old cargo who spent her younger days whoring about and couldn't keep a man or have a family.

Personal advice is for her to do whatever pleases her and will give her joy in her old age; she should ignore whatever nonsense the people of the world will say.
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by mechanics(m): 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2022
Londonderry:
The said Sister will have a lot of explanation to make as many will conclude she committed formication. The bible admonishes us to abstain from all appearances of evil. If such practices were allowed by the church, pregnant fornicators will soon start claiming the had artificial insemination.
I concur.
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by viralinfo: 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2022
LofP:
Finally someone brings this topic here. If it is a sin for her to be artificially inseminated, then condoms, family planning and vasectomies are also sinful.
...their is nothing new under the sun, if u're a Christian you ought to remember Lots story and his daughter who took turn to sleep with their father which older daughter gave birth to Moabite while younger daughter gave both to Ammonite,of cos they where curse for it even till dis vry day Thier descendants still remain curse to the world....

1 Like

Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by themanderon: 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2022
You are resorting to self help just like Abraham did. If you are indeed close to God you would know there is no such thing as menopause stopping you from getting a child of your own If he eventually gives you a husband. I have seen women in their fifties give birth to naturally conceived babies. One of them is a close Christian brother of mine whose wife gave birth at 52yrs of age without CS. There is nothing God cannot do if we truly have faith in him.
N.b: My words will sound like foolishness to them that perish.
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Adeebiwa09(m): 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
you are talking of the HYPOCRISY of the church here... aka they would look down on this female as if she was the dirtiest wh0re in town and completely forget that their baba jesus mother was technically the same.

Point of correction: baba Jesus mother was not the same. Meanwhile when trying to answer a Christian or Biblical question use the Bible as your stand point not your perseption, logic or thinking
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2022
Adeebiwa09:
Point of correction: baba Jesus mother was not the same. Meanwhile when trying to answer a Christian or Biblical question use the Bible as your stand point not your perseption, logic or thinking

jesus mama didnt have sex yet conceived a child And the OP's story is exactly the same....

1 Like

Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by osazsky(m): 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2022
Londonderry:
when we learn to practice christainity in a proper way the world will know peace..what will people say bla bla is a sign of pretence our tru nature is revealed when no one is watching..serve God naturally not because of ur pastors or members opinon...sis do ur thing..and change ur place of worship...most christains are hyprocrites..since the bible does not condemn it pls do it with a clear consience..we will meet u in heaven...most churches wants the public to have a good opinon about them that y when they gift the needy 20k they air it on cnn...God is a god of secret...we will all be jugded by wat we did in secret and not by wat will did openly for people to say good things about us
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by magzey: 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2022
raphretle:
So supposing an unmarried woman decides to artificially inseminate herself because she is approaching menopause.. Then she gets pregnant.
Is it a sin??
Note: Fornication is not involved.
What would be the stand of the church on such issues?
Then who is the father of the baby?
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by princebassey12(m): 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2022
Allahmuzayaf And what will we call someone who can't prove the existence of God?lol
They is no one earth here who can't prove the existence of GOD. Even u typing this, u are a prove of GOD existence. Becos if he (GOD) did not exist u would have not exist.
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by osazsky(m): 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2022
Adeebiwa09:

wat if airfificial insemination started then but man couldnt harness it for over 2000 years cuz God is science himself...our brains will continue to develop to wat God wants us to be over time...God wants us to be like him too in terms of science but its a pitty we are still millions years back
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by osazsky(m): 9:30pm On Sep 21, 2022
magzey:

Then who is the father of the baby?
she doesnt need a father..jesus didnt have an eartly father and he performed wonders.our standard should be christ
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Gkay1(m): 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
tctrills:

The woman has no need to lie. There are millions of kids who don't know their fathers and grew up to be perfectly ok.
I guess you are a bastard or one of them
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Adeebiwa09(m): 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
raphretle:
So supposing an unmarried woman decides to artificially inseminate herself because she is approaching menopause.. Then she gets pregnant.
Is it a sin??
Note: Fornication is not involved.
What would be the stand of the church on such issues?

Thank you for this question. I often don't like commenting on issues unless I have sampled other people's comments and they are not accurate or heretic. I checked and I haven't seen any accurate (true and whole Bible based) answer, neither do I have time to quote most of the errors spurred so I'll give you one in addition to any like that I missed when going through the comments.

The matter of artificial insimination does not border sin or not sin. Christianity needs to move passed that into God's principles and will. If a couple uses it as a means of trying to get pregnant (the man's semen and the woman's ovary without a serogate there's nothing wrong). If a single does it, she has not committed a sin she has simply omitted to follow principle. The Bible says
Psalm 68:6 KJV
God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.
The will of God is that children are raised in families not a single parent who is only selfish to have a child, not minding how their choice affects the child and his future. It's already hard enough that children are raised in broken homes, the idea of baby mama and papa all over the place, then we want a child who has no known and responsible father. It's an error and the aftermath of that will become sin because how will you explain when a child keeps asking where is my father? You can't say he's dead, or any other thing that won't be a lie etc.
Children are to obey their parents (male and female) in the Lord and honor their father and mother so that their days maybe long (Eph. 6:1-3). So it's not a question of sin in the act but principle. (although it can lead to sin)

Let me give a few other examples of what is not sin but a deviation from principle
1. Tithe and offerings, method of giving or receiving
2. Prayerlessness, not fasting or studying the Bible
3. Certain order of service and doctrines
4. Some dances and songs sang in church

Mind you, many times this deviation will eventually lead to sin, perhaps a sin not unto death (1 John 5:16-17) but a sun nonetheless. I hope I have shed more light and brought clarity to your question.

Yes sorry I forgot to add,
1. If the issue of not being married and approaching menopause is the thing, adoption is not a bad thing and is legible from scriptures yes even as a single parent
2. There's no rule that says we must marry, society has messed things up
3. Lastly, there should be faith in God to be married as long as it is God's will for you (yes God might refrain people from marriage meanwhile not necessarily Reverend fathers and nuns, those are mostly man made)
Above all, the leading of the Holy Spirit matters
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Kingpele(m): 9:42pm On Sep 21, 2022
[quote author=MrBrownJay1 post=116851813]you are talking of the HYPOCRISY of the church here... aka they would look down on this female as if she was the dirtiest wh0re in town and completely forget that their baba jesus mother was technically the same.[ u are ignorant ,if u are not married u have no business with having children, parenting includes both a man and his wife, so that u can give the kids quality training...moreover that child will suffer low self esteem once other children start to call him or her names like bastard..now in the case of Mary God's intervention can't be question by a mere mortal like you,moreover he provided jesus a step father before he was conceived...therefore protecting the child from public redicule
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by OBTOREPA(m): 9:42pm On Sep 21, 2022
Yes is sin,run as far as you can. God can do all things. Send me a DM to pray with you.
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by gly(m): 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Sin is as defined by God in His Word and not by your churches of men. And what scripture refers to as evil is that which God has in fact declared sin, and not what your churches, your pastors and mogs think. undecided

As for Artificial insemination, there is no indication that it is sin against God,either literally or infered, this since God never decreed that conception, as far as childbearing is concerned, must only take place via intercourse between a man and a woman. undecided

The Holy spirit shall teach you misery, observing you to know what is evil and what is right.
Let us be careful with our submission.
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2022
gly:
The Holy spirit shall teach you misery, observing you to know what is evil and what is right.
Let us be careful with our submission.
The Holy Spirit aka the Spirit of Truth aka Jesus Christ Himself will never teach you anything that contradicts or contravenes Jesus Christ. So be mindful of that - John 14 vs 25 - 27 and John 16 vs 4 - 15. undecided
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Emyogalanya: 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your statement that conception is of God is actually not right. This is because God caused conception in Genesis 3 vs 16 when He cursed woman, making it an unholy process. Basically opening it to the will of men. undecided
come again how did god curse conception? Its god that instituted conception when he said increase and multiply. Replenish And subdue the earth he instituted conception thats sex is called love making or cojugal rights in marriage. Fornication is an abuse of sex by both parties while rape is an abuse of sex by one party. Adulltery is a breach of contract. But conception can happen in all of the above cases. When a sister sins and conception takes place god holds her for sin but not conception till she repents. If she aborts thats murder (another sin) if she gives birth (no sin) cos she replenished the earth.
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Adeebiwa09(m): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2022
osazsky:
wat if airfificial insemination started then but man couldnt harness it for over 2000 years cuz God is science himself...our brains will continue to develop to wat God wants us to be over time...God wants us to be like him too in terms of science but its a pitty we are still millions years back

Another logic and what if, there is not room for those things in the bible, you can't with logic or assumptions. But I will answer you will logic and biology, there are two ways for fertilization of egg (ovum) by the sperm among higher animals: fishes (piesces), amphibians (amphibia), reptiles (reptilia), birds (Aves) and mammals (mammalia) they are external fertilization and internal. The first two and some species in the third because they are majorly cold blooded and spend time in water have external meaning the sperm cells are shed outside the organism while the last two are internal it has to be inserted into the organism hence copulation of sex organs. Only man and a few mammals have their penis outside of their body especially the scrotum nonetheless the scrotum houses the testes where sperms are made and stored, it is the coldest part of any man because heat destroys sperm. Now to my point 2000 years ago there was no means to ejaculate and store sperms at a low temperature so scratch that.
The God who created man out of dust, his breath and his word will not need to store his sperm and artificially insert it into Mary. I hope you can see how stupid (not an insult) your assertion is.
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by messenger4891: 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
you are talking of the HYPOCRISY of the church here... aka they would look down on this female as if she was the dirtiest wh0re in town and completely forget that their baba jesus mother was technically the same.
I actually don't know you concluded for many Christians just for fun!

Continue you hear !!!
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Joshaw8: 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2022
U will need a dr to artificially inseminate you
Medical ethics do not allow for such,there must be a father figure responsible for the pregnancy
I once remember a woman coming to a fertility clinic alone for IVF,we declined her request
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2022
Emyogalanya:
1. come again how did god curse conception? Its god that instituted conception when he said increase and multiply. Replenish And subdue the earth

2. he instituted conception thats sex is called love making or cojugal rights in marriage. Fornication is an abuse of sex by both parties while rape is an abuse of sex by one party. Adulltery is a breach of contract. But conception can happen in all of the above cases. When a sister sins and conception takes place god holds her for sin but not conception till she repents. If she aborts thats murder (another sin) if she gives birth (no sin) cos she replenished the earth.
1. Sure, His law to men was "increase and multiply", and just so you know that didn't only apply as far as childbearing. However, when man fell, God added a curse to childbearing as punishment for man's fall - Genesis 3 vs 16, this in addition to taking away power to subdue the earth from man. undecided

2. As for the statement in bold, I don't know where you got that from at all. In all, I think you need to revisit the Gospels, so you in fact understand what Jesus Christ told you were sexual sins and what arent as much of what you claim here comes instead from your churches doctrines and traditions and not from scripture. undecided
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by bonnyhope: 10:04pm On Sep 21, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

Just read again what you have typed
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Gospel2Day: 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Sin is as defined by God in His Word and not by your churches of men. And what scripture refers to as evil is that which God has in fact declared sin, and not what your churches, your pastors and mogs think. undecided

As for Artificial insemination, there is no indication that it is sin against God,either literally or infered, this since God never decreed that conception, as far as childbearing is concerned, must only take place via intercourse between a man and a woman. undecided

You're wrong.
God does not permit a man to share his semen with any woman besides his wife.
Artificial insemination is wrong on every side.
First,it robs the child of fatherly attention and affection and admonition.
Second, it exposes the women taking speem of unknown men to the possibility of incest, the donor may be a relation of the woman.
God did not plan conception outside of a lawful wedlock.
Science is not superior to the Bible.
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Kobojunkie: 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2022
Gospel2Day:
1. You're wrong. God does not permit a man to share his semen with any woman besides his wife.

2. Artificial insemination is wrong on every side. First,it robs the child of fatherly attention and affection and admonition.

3. Second, it exposes the women taking speem of unknown men to the possibility of incest, the donor may be a relation of the woman.

4. God did not plan conception outside of a lawful wedlock. Science is not superior to the Bible.
1. Where exactly did God state this to you in scripture? undecided

2. Did God tell you that a child must have fatherly attention and affection and admonition? If yes, where? undecided

3. Where did God tell you that incest is sin? please provide scriptural reference abeg! undecided

4. Where did God tell you that He did not plan conception outside of lawful wedlock? undecided
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Adeebiwa09(m): 10:15pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:

There is also no indication that it is not a sin. The proof of a thing is a valid, unequivocally fact on that thing. Eg if not that my username has (M) if it doesn't you can say there is no proof that I am male, but there is also no proof that I am female.

Hello, earlier I saw this comment of yours but didn't think it was important to comment but going to recent post you man I think I need to because it appeared to me like you were saying God didn't institute conception and the fact that you stated here that pregnancy musty not be through sexual intercourse. If that is not your stand then forgive my commenting or addressing the matter while quoting you.

Let's go back to Genesis 1:21-22,24-30 KJV
And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. [22] And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. [24] And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. [25] And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. [26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. [27] So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. [28] And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. [29] And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. [30] And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Sorry for the long quote
The matter of fruitfulness and multiplication speaks largely about procreation and twice in the above scripture was it mentioned, for the fowls of the air and fishes of the sea, then for man (AND the beast of the field and creeping things) an order of procreation was set up there. Also note that every of the living things were giving grass, seeds and fruits for food including man not until Noah was flesh added to it. So there was a generalization of life-mode. Later in Genesis 3:15-16 KJV
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. [16] Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Seed (offspring) was already expected of every living thing, then the next verse says I will multiply thy conception not because of this you will conceive, its a "when you conceive" not "now you will conceive". Chapter 4 then said Adam knew (coupulated, had sex, slept with, had intercourse with) his wife and she bore. Sex was and is the way for conception.
Finally, animals have sex to reproduce. Maybe you have seen a monkey carrying the sperm and putting in inside the vagina of a female monkey before, they still maintain the core of the proclamation of God in Gen. 1. Unfortunately whilst God has given us free will and allowed scientific advancement, we seek to create our own way.

Q and A. Why does man still need sperm and egg to make a baby? Why has clone not worked? Why can't we make humans with our scientific knowledge?
The day a human being that is alive is made by man, antichrist don land.

Thank you, sorry for the long read
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kingpele:
u are ignorant ,if u are not married u have no business with having children, parenting includes both a man and his wife, so that u can give the kids quality training...moreover that child will suffer low self esteem once other children start to call him or her names like bastard..now in the case of Mary God's intervention can't be question by a mere mortal like you,moreover he provided jesus a step father before he was conceived...therefore protecting the child from public redicule
messenger4891:

Continue you hear !!!
bonnyhope:
Just read again what you have typed
messenger4891:
Continue you hear !!!
Adeebiwa09:
Please let's first agree that we are talking about the same Jesus and Mary and not Jesus Navas of Sevilla (or where self) or Jesus Gabriel of Arsenal and not Mary Slessor or Queen Mary II?
Please show me where in the story or how artificial insemination took place in the story.
Also Jesus although not biologically fathered by Joseph was raised by Joseph in the marriage between Joseph and Mary. First disprove these two things vis a vis the OP's question and scenario then if you bring a sensible and legible response we'll go further else I won't argue with you over foolish assertions

the devil worshippers (aka yeye xtians who read their holybook upside down to fit their deluded narrow minded selfish agenda) have arrived!!!
here, let me bless you religious ignorants with a great verse from your own holybook:

Exodus 22:22-24
“Do not take advantage of the widow or the fatherless. If you do and they cry out to me, I will certainly hear their cry. My anger will be aroused, and I will kill you with the sword; your wives will become widows and your children fatherless.
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by sonmvayina(m): 10:18pm On Sep 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Perhaps this should teach you that God doesn't need to have sex with Mary before transferring the life of His only begotten Son into Mary's womb! smiley

Lol...why does god need to do that ?
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Adeebiwa09(m): 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

jesus mama didnt have sex yet conceived a child And the OP's story is exactly the same....

Please let's first agree that we are talking about the same Jesus and Mary and not Jesus Navas of Sevilla (or where self) or Jesus Gabriel of Arsenal and not Mary Slessor or Queen Mary II?
Please show me where in the story or how artificial insemination took place in the story.
Also Jesus although not biologically fathered by Joseph was raised by Joseph in the marriage between Joseph and Mary. First disprove these two things vis a vis the OP's question and scenario then if you bring a sensible and legible response we'll go further else I won't argue with you over foolish assertions
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Yankee101: 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2022
It’s the same as having sex with the person
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Blizzy300: 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2022
This is one of the consequential topics in religion
Bioethics
If you are considering doing this, it should be discussed with a cleric or theologian
Not on a NL filled with biased opinions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG / What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? / Pastor Enenche Donates Borehole, Distributes Items In Abuja To Mark Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.