Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Blood Donation- Experiences Of A First Time Donor, Share Yours - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Blood Donation- Experiences Of A First Time Donor, Share Yours (4563 Views)

Man Dies At Sperm Bank After 4th Donation In 10 Days (PHOTO) / Voluntary Blood Donation In Nigeria: Why Are Nigerians Not Donating / Nigerians And Voluntary Blood Donation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blood Donation- Experiences Of A First Time Donor, Share Yours by donguutti: 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2011
Today was my first time of donating blood, and i would like to share my experience and also ask some questions

i have always been apprehensive and unsure abt blood donation, but after some convincing by friends i decide to do it, it wasnt easy. i went to the blood donation center and as i stepped in i felt  large drops of sweat dripping down my trousers, a kind lady asked why i was there, i answered, "i em em want to donate blood", she asked a whole lot of question and i filled some forms,by then the tension had dissipated and i was ready.

The process was simple ,with the needle and tourniquet (i asked a lot of questions) inserted , the blood started flowing , it was eerie seeing my own blood being drawn out,but i tried to focus on something else, then i heard my  heart beating rapidly, gbim gbim,ggim gbim with the sound almost bursting my ear drums. After a while it was over, felt a little dizzy and when i saw my (former) blood , i was shocked and wondered if i still had enough.

it was an amazing experience and in my excitement abt helping to save a life forgot to ask how often i could donate,please share your own experiences .
Re: Blood Donation- Experiences Of A First Time Donor, Share Yours by Psalty(f): 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2011
Sweety, not only did yu save 'a' life, you saved 3 or 4 lives. Thank you for your great service to humanity. pls was it for a particular purpose or cause (aciddent victims, bomb blast, relative etc) or was it purely voluntary. secondly, did they give you anything after the process (water, glucose,light meal, t-shirt etc)
Re: Blood Donation- Experiences Of A First Time Donor, Share Yours by highland(m): 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2011
I was not prepare for it, but the need to donate then was highly needed.
Re: Blood Donation- Experiences Of A First Time Donor, Share Yours by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2011
its a good thing to be a blood donor. I have donated twice this year to National Blood transfusion centre and once this year for sickler in my school. I have this joy when i know i have saved a life.
Re: Blood Donation- Experiences Of A First Time Donor, Share Yours by chrisj2000(m): 7:06pm On Nov 15, 2011
You deserve credit for your action. It's important to be know your blood count before and after donating blood. In any case you need to replenish after blood donation and easiest way of doing it is by eating a lot of vegetable. Cheers.
Re: Blood Donation- Experiences Of A First Time Donor, Share Yours by mecussey(m): 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2011
Men, for the past five months, my lady friend has been worrying me to come and donate blood but I am very reluctant about it because, I feel I am too busy to do so. I use to have this constant malaria every month and after all the HIV and Culture tests, she said it could be POLYCYTETNESS (that spelling is wrong) it means excess blood, about 16 bla bla bla which should be 11 or at most 13. I am so scared to remove my own blood, who knows what we happen after all, but I am going to try it tomorrow or next when I am not tipsy. I use to drink everyday

(1) (Reply)

When Is Sex Ideal In Pregnancy? / Permanent Cure For Ulcer? Try This!!! / Is There Such A Thing As An Early Life Crisis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.