Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike (867 Views)

Appeal Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike / Industrial Court Orders ASUU Back To Work / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by salesbloo: 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2022
The National Industrial Court ordered the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to go back to work.

The Federal Government in a suit, prayed for the order for ASUU to call off its seven months strike.

https://cdn.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/vanguard-icon-200x200.png

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by salesbloo: 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2022
Rule of Law has prevailed
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by blackboy(m): 1:27pm On Sep 21, 2022
FG no get shame

1 Like

Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by budaatum: 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2022
Does the court think I can't stand in front of students in a classroom and still be on strike?

I guess when I stand there and teach them nonsense they would not know the difference.

Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by engrtee(f): 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2022
Fg that don't obey court orders
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by thaoriginator: 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2022
cry
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by Ebubu: 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
engrtee:
Fg that don't obey court orders
because they are the government itself. you want to go and join FG in not obeying court orders ? lolz they will show you what government can do and get away it, an ordinary person can’t. form 48 will be filled for ASUU chairman by the registrar in the court. court contempt has a fine and possible jail term.

just obey.
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by Peacecore: 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
Fingers cross...
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by Kastonkastroll(m): 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
budaatum:
Does the court think I can't stand in front of students in a classroom and still be on strike?

I guess when I stand there and teach them nonsense they would not know the difference.
abeg gerrout... Were u not teaching the students nonsense before. Abi na today Una start to teach nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by seunmsg(m): 1:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
Great decision by the court. The illegal strike should be suspended immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by Opolopoopolonio: 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
Nice one!
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by budaatum: 2:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
abeg gerrout... Were u not teaching the students nonsense before. Abi na today Una start to teach nonsense

So why would you want me to teach you more nonsense because the courts says I must teach you?

Have you considered paying me what I'm worth so you get a quality education?

Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by Johnycastro18: 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
guy no mind mind am Jaree,

Claiming to be fighting for the students and yet spewing such wicked gibberish as a lecturers, the students have been at home for the past 7months now and have felt the pain caused by the strike severely,

If at this stage the court decide to be lenient to the cause of the student by ordering for "temporal" suspension of the strike pending when the final case or judgment would be delivered, then i think it is fair.....ASUU should fight with the government at the court, I believed the can still win the case at the end.

They student should not always be the one's to suffer in there fights for once atleast.
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by budaatum: 2:49pm On Sep 21, 2022
Johnycastro18:
guy no mind mind am Jaree,

Claiming to be fighting for the students and yet spewing such wicked gibberish as a lecturers, the students have been at home for the past 7months now and have felt the pain caused by the strike severely,

If at this stage the court decide to be lenient to the cause of the student by ordering for "temporal" suspension of the strike pending when the final case or judgment would be delivered, then i think it is fair.....ASUU should fight with the government at the court, I believed the can still win the case at the end.

They student should not always be the one's to suffer in there fights for once atleast.

Ordering lecturers to teach you while they are unhappy guarantees they'll teach you nonsense which I think is no good for you. But if you think forcing me to teach you means I will, well I guess you'd be happy with whatever nonsense I teach you, because you can not force you me to teach you what's in my head if I don't want to!

Below is some free education. It might help you get what I am teaching you.

https://www.nairaland.com/7344863/ASUU-nans-rejects-fgs-black#116878013

Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by Ebubu: 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
budaatum:

Ordering lecturers to teach you while they are unhappy guarantees they'll teach you nonsense which I think is no good for you. But if you think forcing me to teach you means I will, well I guess you'd be happy with whatever nonsense I teach you, because you can not force you me to teach you what's in my head if I don't want to!

Below is some free education. It might help you get what I am teaching you.

https://www.nairaland.com/7344863/ASUU-nans-rejects-fgs-black#116878013

alaye talk another thing ? were you giving me quality teaching before ? no he course outline then you disappear to re-appear on lecture day you people and your kind do ? mtcheew abeg rest

wicked fools. take your grouse to FG in court and don’t use students to settle scores. what is the fault of students in all these ? fools
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by budaatum: 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ebubu:

alaye talk another thing ? were you giving me quality teaching before ? no he course outline then you disappear to re-appear on lecture day you people and your kind do ? mtcheew abeg rest

wicked fools. take your grouse to FG in court and don’t use students to settle scores. what is the fault of students in all these ? fools

I was not giving you quality education before, but you now seriously think some court would force me back to class to give you quality or any education for free now?

It may not be fault of student, but I can't understand how you expect me to give you my produce without payment. Did I teach you such nonsense, that you should take your own produce to market and give it away for free? How did I tell you to pay for your shop and your electric in that shop? Abi shop landlord and NEPA will dash you their own product for free too, and government will not tax you because it's all free?

Why don't you ask those who should pay me to pay me so I can give you my produce instead of expecting me to give it for you for free?

Some people! undecided
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by Ebubu: 5:02pm On Sep 21, 2022
budaatum:

I was not giving you quality education before, but you now seriously think some court would force me back to class to give you quality or any education for free now?

It may not be fault of student, but I can't understand how you expect me to give you my produce without payment. Did I teach you such nonsense, that you should take your own produce to market and give it away for free? How did I tell you to pay for your shop and your electric in that shop? Abi shop landlord and NEPA will dash you their own product for free too, and government will not tax you because it's all free?

Why don't you ask those who should pay me to pay me so I can give you my produce instead of expecting me to give it for you for free?

Some people! undecided

if someone is owing you, go and fight him in court after all the case is in court and leave me alone. why are you afraid of the court ? are you not learned ? or you can’t defend yourself ?

let me ask you, who will pay for my 7-8 months rent that have wasted cause you are on strike ? i paid my part by paying you your school fees o.

fools

1 Like

Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by IamDietiesGod: 5:24pm On Sep 21, 2022
budaatum:

But I thought you (ASSU) are fighting because of the Students. Now they ordering you to temporarily suspend your fight for students sake while your lawsuit with FG continues. That should not be difficult, unless you have been fighting for yourselves since the inception of the strike.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by budaatum: 5:25pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ebubu:

if someone is owing you, go and fight him in court after all the case is in court and leave me alone. why are you afraid of the court ? are you not learned ? or you can’t defend yourself ?

let me ask you, who will pay for my 7-8 months rent that have wasted cause you are on strike ? i paid my part by paying you your school fees o.

fools

Is your head correct at all? In fact, are you sure you are a student and not some useless agbero who did not pass jamb, has no matrik number and is just loitering around the school causing trouble?

See as I am leaving you alone and you are crying that I should come to class and not leave you alone and at the same time asking me to leave you alone! Is it not because I am leaving you alone that is making you cry here asking me to be concerned about your 7-8 months rent when 7-8 months salary me your lecturer has not been paid! Is my own landlord not going to collect 7-8 months rent from me who has not seen salary for 7-8 months and other entitlements for much longer?

I am not superhuman who is able to be fight government and be fighting your lack of learning at the same time! But it's not your fault. If I had educated you well, it's you who would be fighting government on my behalf to pay me so I don't leave you alone because you very well know that the little you school fees you paid does not cover my okada not to talk of fuel my tokunbo, and you very well know you did not pay your school fees to me your lecturer!
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by Ebubu: 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2022
budaatum:

Is your head correct at all? In fact, are you sure you are a student and not some useless agbero who did not pass jamb, has no matrik number and is just loitering around the school causing trouble?

See as I am leaving you alone and you are crying that I should come to class and not leave you alone and at the same time asking me to leave you alone! Is it not because I am leaving you alone that is making you cry here asking me to be concerned about your 7-8 months rent when 7-8 months salary me your lecturer has not been paid! Is my own landlord not going to collect 7-8 months rent from me who has not seen salary for 7-8 months and other entitlements for much longer?

I am not superhuman who is able to be fight government and be fighting your lack of learning at the same time! But it's not your fault. If I had educated you well, it's you who would be fighting government on my behalf to pay me so I don't leave you alone because you very well know that the little you school fees you paid does not cover my okada not to talk of fuel my tokunbo, and you very well know you did not pay your school fees to me your lecturer!

Refusing to work while not on strike will simply attract administrative sanctions. It’s called gross misconduct in the public service and there are ways of dealing with that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by budaatum: 5:40pm On Sep 21, 2022
IamDietiesGod:

But I thought you (ASSU) are fighting because of the Students. Now they ordering you to temporarily suspend your fight for our sake, that should not be difficult now unless you have fighting for yourselves since the strike inception.

Yes I, ASUU, is fighting for you the students. Though, to be honest, you should be fighting for me, ASUU. But before I start, thank you for not being rude and impolite like that previous person I responded to.

If I don't get paid, and well, I will have a side job, and instead of giving you my undivided attention, I will sell you one useless handout and not bother giving you quality education, and when I test you you will just copy the handout I sold you and I will pass you. But when you now go out to look for work, no one will hire you because I never really educated you nor gave you any valuable skills.

But if I get paid on time and well, I will have enough time and dedication and motivation to educate myself so I can educate you well and ensure you acquire skills that employers would pay you handsomely for the quality education I was paid to give to you.

Asking me to give you quality education, or now that I am on strike, any education at all, is like asking me to be like some God who gives manna to those who do nothing to deserve it. Forgive me for not being that type of God but the sort of God who will teach you the logic of money for hand back for ground. After all, if you fuk ashewo and you don't pay she might just yell "rape", and if you go market and take without paying market woman might yell "thief". So why should I let you steal what I teach you without being paid for it?

Again, thanks for.....
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by budaatum: 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ebubu:

Refusing to work while not on strike will simply attract administrative sanctions. It’s called gross misconduct in the public service and there are ways of dealing with that.

Dude, that's my problem, so don't you worry about me. Last time I checked, Ghana needs lecturers, and if they don't there's alway Congo, and that's if I don't end up somewhere much better like Armenistan or USA where ordinary secondary school teacher is paid more and on time.
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by Ebubu: 6:47pm On Sep 21, 2022
budaatum:

Dude, that my problem, so don't you worry about me. Last time I checked, Ghana needs lecturers, and if they don't there's alway Congo, and that's if I don't end up somewhere much better like Armenistan or USA where ordinary secondary school teacher is paid more and on time.

My own be say Osodoke and lecturers who refuse to carry on with academic activities will be in a mess if they disobey court order.

All of us should know who Buhari is by now. You can ask Nnamdi Kanu, Zakzaky, Sunday Igboho, Dasuki.
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by budaatum: 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ebubu:

My own be say Osodoke and lecturers who refuse to carry on with academic activities will be in a mess if they disobey court order.

All of us should know who Buhari is by now. You can ask Nnamdi Kanu, Zakzaky, Sunday Igboho, Dasuki.

Me, I no de fear. You can not come in my house and steal my produce and expect me to willingly hand it over without a fight. And thankfully, since I have wisely stored my produce in my head where it's hard for you to steal it, you'd need my consent before you can have it and I am asking for compensation.

And after your Buhari has treated me like he treated Nnamdi Kanu, Zakzaky, Sunday Igboho, Dasuk for refusing to relinquish my produce for free, he can go ahead and hire monkeys for peanuts to educate you his children. Just you note that he does not appear to send his own actual children to the same schools the monkeys teach in.
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by Ebubu: 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2022
budaatum:

Me, I no de fear. You can not come in my house and steal my produce and expect me to willingly hand it over without a fight. And thankfully, since I have wisely stored my produce in my head where it's hard for you to steal it, you'd need my consent before you can have it and I am asking for compensation.

And after your Buhari has treated me like he treated Nnamdi Kanu, Zakzaky, Sunday Igboho, Dasuk for refusing to relinquish my produce for free, he can go ahead and hire monkeys for peanuts to educate you his children. Just you note that he does not appear to send his own actual children to the same schools the monkeys teach in.
whatever. exams, graduation, promotion, are all that matters,
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by budaatum: 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ebubu:
whatever. exams, graduation, promotion, are all that matters,

All that matters to self-centred you, you mean.

What matters to me your ASUU lecturer is that I am properly compensated before I let you walk off with my produce.
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by Ebubu: 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2022
budaatum:

All that matters to self-centred you, you mean.

What matters to me your ASUU lecturer is that I am properly compensated before I let you walk off with my produce.
you kukuma no dey teach me your produce before so what you mean?

alaye why do you want to get paid whereas you’ve not been teaching for last 7months ? thief
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by budaatum: 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ebubu:
you kukuma no dey teach me your produce before so what you mean?

alaye why do you want to get paid whereas you’ve not been teaching for last 7months ? thief

I am not asking to get paid for the last 7 months since payment for the last 7 months is not the reason I am on strike, doh!

And if I was not teaching you my produce before why are you crying for me to teach you my produce now, for free?
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by Ebubu: 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
budaatum:

I am not asking to get paid for the last 7 months since payment for the last 7 months is not the reason I am on strike, doh!

And if I was not teaching you my produce before why are you crying for me to teach you my produce now, for free?

so what do you want to now be paid for if not the last 7months you’ve not been teaching ?

on the second paragraph, if you decide not to teach it will attract administrative sanctions.
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by budaatum: 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ebubu:

so what do you want to now be paid for if not the last 7months you’ve not been teaching ?

on the second paragraph, if you decide not to teach it will attract administrative sanctions.

Read! Abi you no go primary and secondary school before you say make I lecture you?

Maybe you just might understand that I am striking precisely because your government is already administratively sanctioning me and that's why I am now on strike.

HitRun:

Lol, home and where? Who for abroad go come collect that rubbish wey them call salary? Izz like head de pain you.

Anyway, one of the reason ASUU Dey on strike na because of earned allowance. You know Wetin that earned allowance be? You no know, make I tell you: ratio of students to lecturers too much. To reduce that ratio, govt need employ more lecturers. But either them no fit find qualified people to employ or them no wan employ, so them decide the pay the lecturers allowance to teach those extra students wey dem no suppose the teach. The point be say govt no fit or no wan employ. So perish any idea of say govt go sack anybody employ new people because them no go see who to employ.
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by Wilson500: 10:09pm On Sep 21, 2022
This is my verdict:
ASUU should obey the court order
They should sort out their issue with FG in court and stop punishing students
FG should pay them half of their 6months salary....They don't deserve full payment
Re: Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike by DEOI: 11:58pm On Sep 21, 2022
Why don't they deserve full payment?
They worked for this money and they reserved to be paid in full

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Batstards Trying Hard To Spread Falsehood / Get Connected To 1 Of D Best Universities In Nig. *the Unilorin Student Sign In* / UNILAG POST UME TEST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.