Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave (6803 Views)

Residents That Had Been Living In Lagos State May Likely Vote For Tinubu / 2023 Presidency: Why Tinubu May Look Elsewhere / Rivers State May Loose More Oil Wells Over Failure To Appear Before... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by Felimax(m): 8:31am On Sep 22, 2022
Nosayer:
This over-bloated sense of importance is the reason why ignorant folks like this op keep attracting hatreds to the Igbos.

Igbos found a booming city where they can make quick money and they migrated there in droves, yet you're saying you made the city what it is.

If it's too difficult to read history, why not just look around for videos to show you what Lagos looked like in the 1900s when your own ancestors were still fighting themselves in their huts?

This guy should just be ignored for sanity sake. I think he's one of the SS3 boys lucky enough for an uncle to get him one palasa phone. Instead of doing his assignment with it, he's ranting here on Nairaland attracting hatreds to the Igbo race.

Lagos is the New York of Nigeria with residents from all parts of the country and probably the city with the largest number of expats. If Igbos leave for any reason, there are many other people to fill up the space (for their own economic benefit of )

"With residents from all parts of the country and probably the city with the largest number of expats" this they will never understand.

How some of these set of people still reason with their anus is so monumental, I mean they deserve a Guinness world record for that.

If this country is restructured today the average Igbo man is finished. They won't know if to stay or to move.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by Nijablast: 9:10am On Sep 22, 2022
You said Igbos are the driving force of economy of Lagos,
Why are the Igbos not driving the economy of ndigbo states ?
If they are truly the one driving the economy of Lagos
Infact Ndigbos have given Nigeria bad names more than any tribe in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by Verifiedtrader(m): 9:21am On Sep 22, 2022
Make una stop all these ethnic/tribal bigotry abeg.
Please check my siggy and patronise me.
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by jotob36: 9:21am On Sep 22, 2022
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by hamouston91(m): 10:20am On Sep 22, 2022
Mumu! There was a war in Lebanon that brought it on its knees. And tell me that it's Igbos that developed China or built Abuja, Kano or Lagos. Tell me it's Igbos that Built Rwanda etc You no get sense.
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by Hydroxide(m): 10:20am On Sep 22, 2022
Lagos was strategically located from the beginning with all natural Endowment and the igbos and Niger Delta oil has contributed largely to what Lagos is today. The yorubas has not contributed half of what The igbos has contributed to the development of Lagos state. Yorubas should be happy they've got a state like Lagos. If not, sorrow for them. The yorubas are very lazy when it comes to contributing to nation building and they are quick to throw the tribal sentiment. I'm really proud of the Igbo race despite all they've got through with marginalization and the rest, they still stand strong. Hopefully, I go like marry from the igbo self.
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by spagettiluv: 10:30am On Sep 22, 2022
Hydroxide:
Lagos was strategically located from the beginning with all natural Endowment and the igbos and Niger Delta oil has contributed largely to what Lagos is today. The yorubas has not contributed half of what The igbos has contributed to the development of Lagos state. Yorubas should be happy they've got a state like Lagos. If not, sorrow for them. The yorubas are very lazy when it comes to contributing to nation building and they are quick to throw the tribal sentiment. I'm really proud of the Igbo race despite all they've got through with marginalization and the rest, they still stand strong. Hopefully, I go like marry from the igbo self.
the igbos contributed to the growth of Lagos(another man lands) while that of south east is a primitive village.
Is that not stupidity??
Only a bastard and a slave goes to develop other people land while is father own is left to rotten.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by Hydroxide(m): 11:21am On Sep 22, 2022
spagettiluv:
the igbos contributed to the growth of Lagos(another man lands) while that of south east is a primitive village.
Is that not stupidity??
Only a bastard and a slave goes to develop other people land while is father own is left to rotten.
South East is not a primitive states. I did my youth service in Anambra state and I had the opportunity to visit other states in south east except Ebonyi state which was a bit far. South east is more developed that south west excluding Lagos. Na only Lagos Yoruba people dey use take make mouth. We all know Igbos as travelers and they do business all over the country. So igbos has contributed in boosting the economy of Lagos more than the lagosians themselves. Na Agbero lagosians carry pass for head.
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by Landmack: 11:40am On Sep 22, 2022
Felimax:
Story!
In your myopic imagination!
If only any other state in the East can be a quarter of what Lagos is!

Lagos can feed the entire nation for years comfortably. Yorubas should guard their Lagos with their every blood.

You and the OP are very STUPID
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by HolyMan12: 11:52am On Sep 22, 2022
AfonjaFula:
QUIET AND DESOLATE

This is a responds to a formal thread
www-nairaland-com/7345139/fate-igbos-lagos-after-election?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597">https://https-www-nairaland-com/7345139/fate-igbos-lagos-after-election?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfqQvVrXNXmtFP3g

The below picture is from Lebanon.
My statistics regardless the multi-national companies etc in the big-city, that with the Igbos being its driving force, pls we should trade carefully.
It will be free from crime and nuisance.

80% of Nigerian criminals are from the yeast farm lands of red waste cool
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by spagettiluv: 11:53am On Sep 22, 2022
Hydroxide:
South East is not a primitive states. I did my youth service in Anambra state and I had the opportunity to visit other states in south east except Ebonyi state which was a bit far. South east is more developed that south west excluding Lagos. Na only Lagos Yoruba people dey use take make mouth. We all know Igbos as travelers and they do business all over the country. So igbos has contributed in boosting the economy of Lagos more than the lagosians themselves. Na Agbero lagosians carry pass for head.
okay
Thanks to the igbos for developing Lagos ,when they are done with Lagos,they should kindly move to Ibadan and ogun to help develop the place as well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by 2elliot: 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2022
Nosayer:
This over-bloated sense of importance is the reason why ignorant folks like this op keep attracting hatreds to the Igbos.

Igbos found a booming city where they can make quick money and they migrated there in droves, yet you're saying you made the city what it is.

If it's too difficult to read history, why not just look around for videos to show you what Lagos looked like in the 1900s when your own ancestors were still fighting themselves in their huts?

This guy should just be ignored for sanity sake. I think he's one of the SS3 boys lucky enough for an uncle to get him one palasa phone. Instead of doing his assignment with it, he's ranting here on Nairaland attracting hatreds to the Igbo race.

Lagos is the New York of Nigeria with residents from all parts of the country and probably the city with the largest number of expats. If Igbos leave for any reason, there are many other people to fill up the space (for their own economic benefit of course)
Why is Uyo not booming with activities despite its peaceful and well organized appearance?

1 Like

Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by Hydroxide(m): 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2022
spagettiluv:
okay
Thanks to the igbos for developing Lagos ,when they are done with Lagos,they should kindly move to Ibadan and ogun to help develop the place as well
make only Yoruba develop Ibadan or Ogun state make we see. Lagos was developed by everyone. Both the federal government. Don't forget Lagos was the former capital of Nigeria. Different factors contributed to what Lagos is today, so make the Yoruba let us rest with their tribalism.
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by 2elliot: 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
candidtalk:

Bro, all the elected leaders of Yoruba states have unitedly asked for regional governance and for everyone to control their resources.

Why can the leaders of the 'developers' not do same if sure of their ability to 'develop' geographical space? Why only the Yorubas, through their electorally elected leaders, demanding such today?

Why can't you take the braver option, desolution of the country. So that you can keep your SW all yo yourself.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by 2elliot: 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2022
candidtalk:

Lagos is overcrowded. What you describe , i.e festive periods of decongestion, would be optimally good if it can be permanent. Lagos has a population estimated to be 23 million today in the smallest State in Nigeria.

Population of Greater Accra is 5.4 million and Nigerians love it there because it is feels better organised, more spacious, more sane, cleaner overall, far less traffic and far less congested overall.

Population of Johannesburg is 6 million.
Population of Nairobi is 5.1 million.
Population of London is 9.4 million.
These are all regarded as exemplary cities to different extents.

To be sane and as great as she can be, the optimal population of Lagos should be 9 to 10 million.

We are sentimental and prejudiced in Nigeria and rarely apply pragmatic logic or science to our thinking and is why that you can speak as if the overpopulation of Lagos by Igbos, from a region relatively far away from Lagos, is a good thing.

It is counter-productive migration in the long term and leaders of Lagos now accept this statistically-backed and researched reality.

If Igbos leave, Lagos would be better in the long run. That is a town-planning, aesthetic, infrastructural and socio-economic fact.
Lagos can still accommodate 10m people if both housing, water and road transportation are well planned. Lagos is inadequate in providing all of those. And again, what makes Lagos still looks contested and all that is because a large number of those there are not productive, especially manufacturing things. So, the resources can not cater for that large unproductive population. It has got nothing to do with Igbo's occupying spaces. The large number of agberos and unproductive persons roaming the state deface it.
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by Greenback: 1:09pm On Sep 22, 2022
candidtalk:

Bro, all the elected leaders of Yoruba states have unitedly asked for regional governance and for everyone to control their resources.

Why can the leaders of the 'developers' not do same if sure of their ability to 'develop' geographical space? Why only the Yorubas, through their electorally elected leaders, demanding such today?

The "developers" have been doing same since decades ago and your father's and forefathers have been shaking and declaring war, declaring puff adder,python,alligator dance against them just to keep them together as unity beggars...
So quit lying to yourself
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by ambale(m): 1:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
candidtalk:

Lagos is overcrowded. What you describe , i.e festive periods of decongestion, would be optimally good if it can be permanent. Lagos has a population estimated to be 23 million today in the smallest State in Nigeria.

Population of Greater Accra is 5.4 million and Nigerians love it there because it is feels better organised, more spacious, more sane, cleaner overall, far less traffic and far less congested overall.

Population of Johannesburg is 6 million.
Population of Nairobi is 5.1 million.
Population of London is 9.4 million.
These are all regarded as exemplary cities to different extents.

To be sane and as great as she can be, the optimal population of Lagos should be 9 to 10 million.

We are sentimental and prejudiced in Nigeria and rarely apply pragmatic logic or science to our thinking and is why that you can speak as if the overpopulation of Lagos by Igbos, from a region relatively far away from Lagos, is a good thing.

It is counter-productive migration in the long term and leaders of Lagos now accept this statistically-backed and researched reality.

If Igbos leave, Lagos would be better in the long run. That is a town-planning, aesthetic, infrastructural and socio-economic fact.

If your point is actualize, lagos will definitely lose her place no doubt about that

We are better together than divided

I'm not here to argue with you atall
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by ba7man(m): 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2022
Hydroxide:
Empty houses in the bushes and little or no jobs aside trading isn't the sign of a developed society.

You guys build houses, not functional societies.

The money used to build those empty houses weren't even made in the region.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by Patriotsleague: 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2022
Igbos are petty traders and contribute less than 1% of Lagos IGR. People are queuing up to take up those shops in Ladipo, alaba. Other Nigerians, indians, Europeans are queuing for a piece of Lagos, igbos constitute nuisance and criminality in Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by Patriotsleague: 1:34pm On Sep 22, 2022
ba7man:
Empty houses in the bushes and little or no jobs aside trading isn't the sign of a developed society.

You guys build houses, not functional societies.

The money used to build those empty houses weren't even made in the region.
Facts, this is what the blockheads refuse to understand, others will simply buy your small houses you leave behind, and Lagos will fare better. Ladipo and Alaba will be reorganized into a world class sane market. Op you are very stupid. Lagos has been thriving before igbos came in, they saw it was thriving that was why you flaat heads came here grin

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by Goodson15: 1:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ghost town
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by DeadCountry: 2:18pm On Sep 22, 2022
Hydroxide:
What is Niger Delta oil? A false narrative sold to you novices by the nigeria fraudulent state. The oil that nigeria has been using since inception is mostly gotten from Igboland/territories from Rivers state, Delta State, and South East states. These are where the majority of the oil is found. Again over 90% of nigeria's gas is found in Igbo territories of Obigbo in River state where a pipeline is being laid from, to Morocco, Abia state, Imo state, and Anambra state. Stop allowing them to set the narrative for you, just as they told you to use the term "bandits" instead of terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by ezechi242: 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2022
ribbit:
source: our dilecctor nndamdi kanu told us so.

even amuda knows . grin grin
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by adedayoa2(f): 3:22pm On Sep 22, 2022
Abdu81:

Shut your mouth, when many yorubas are threatening igbos with eviction where were you?

Now look at how your governor is shutting markets operated by the igbos in Lagos.
When the businesses of yorubas are thriving in different parts of Nigeria without attacks, including national banks,churches, telecoms, individual businesses.

They are doing the same attacking to hausas aswell, while Nigerians are closely watching them, very selfish demonic acts.

Any society that hates visitors are like deserts that rejects waters.
since their market is shut down, they should kukuma go and start their businesses in their states na. Abi fight dey there?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by AfonjaFula: 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
DeadCountry:

Slow poke, he is implying that Igbos made Lagos what it is. Illiterate, read, and understand.

Just modified my previous comment.
Mistaked yours for another
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by BentizilL: 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2022
CYBERSOLDIERSre:

Igbo's Lagos you mean? Igbo's made Lagos what it is today.
You've come again with claiming Yorubaland...
Why are you guys like this?? undecided
Is it a general problem for Igbo to be claiming developer in other people land? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by AfonjaFula: 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
Nosayer:

Lagos is the New York of Nigeria with residents from all parts of the country and probably the city with the largest number of expats. If Igbos leave for any reason, there are many other people to fill up the space (for their own economic benefit of course)

Ok
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by Abdu81: 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2022
adedayoa2:
since their market is shut down, they should kukuma go and start their businesses in their states na. Abi fight dey there?

But Gtb,glo, deeper life churches, Christ living church, agbo girls,tailor, meat seller etc from Yoruba land should continue their business in Onitsha?
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 22, 2022
2elliot:
Why can't you take the braver option, desolution of the country. So that you can keep your SW all yo yourself.

What "braver option"? Our constitution outrightly outlaws secession. The Yorubas are not fools who works counter-productively or foolishly.

Two legal and achievable options face us today.

1) Include a secession clause in our constitution to allow any disgruntled region breakaway legally. Something Awolowo attempted decades ago only to be undermined and frustrated by Azikiwe's myopic treachery .

2) Adopt regional governance and autonomy which we have hosted before and is tested and proven.

Everything is a matter of native constitution, disposition and outlook. The average Yoruba is pragmatic and law-abiding. He will work from towards using any of the legal option available to get the autonomy he craves.

He believes in fighting battles he has a better than average chance of winning. This is why Yorubas , in the generality, will never support a push for secession that, as things stand, is patently doomed to fail because the government of the day has the legal right to crush such anyhow it sees fit as a sovereign nation protecting the explicit provision of her constitution.

Many nations will support Nigeria as well , against seccessionists, because of the ethos of "that could be us facing internal rebellion tomorrow".

It is what I don't get about you Igbos. You know something is wrong and illegal yet keep insisting it is what you want and that others are "wicked" for not letting you have your ways.

The way Yorubas see it is that the law is binding on all and you must either amend the law or obey it.

Awolowo tried to amend the law but obeyed it when he failed.Ojukwu defied the law and cost 3 million Igbos their lives. Simple yet powerful illustration of thr difference between a Yoruba and an Igbo.

I'd advise you guys to become.pramatically efficient but I realise history of many decades has shown that Igbos are incapable of learning lessons that assists personal self-development.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by AfonjaFula: 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2022
2elliot:
Why is Uyo not booming with activities despite its peaceful and well organized appearance?

Thank you very much, pls ask him one more time.
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by Ofodirinwa: 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2022
AfonjaFula:
QUIET AND DESOLATE

This is a responds to a formal thread
www-nairaland-com/7345139/fate-igbos-lagos-after-election?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597">https://https-www-nairaland-com/7345139/fate-igbos-lagos-after-election?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfqQvVrXNXmtFP3g

The below picture is from Lebanon.
My statistics regardless the multi-national companies etc in the big-city, that with the Igbos being its driving force, pls we should trade carefully.

Ignoring the stupid topic of the thread, its funny that nigerians are begging lebonese ppl to build their infrastructure
Re: Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave by horlah005: 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2022
[quote author=candidtalk post=116913050]

What "braver option"? Our constitution outrightly outlaws secession. The Yorubas are not fools who works counter-productively or foolishly.

Two legal and achievable options face us today.

1) Include a secession clause in our constitution to allow any disgruntled region breakaway legally. Something Awolowo attempted decades ago only to be undermined and frustrated by Azikiwe's myopic treachery .

2) Adopt regional governance and autonomy which we have hosted before and is tested and proven.

Everything is a matter of native constitution, disposition and outlook. The average Yoruba is pragmatic and law-abiding. He will work from towards using any of the legal option available to get the autonomy he craves.

He believes in fighting battles he has a better than average chance of winning. This is why Yorubas , in the generality, will never support a push for secession that, as things stand, is patently doomed to fail because the govern

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nazeef Babaji Wins Nnpp Candidate For Shira/giade Federal Constituency In Bauch / Abia State Builds International Airport- Pictures / A Picture Of Nnamdi Kanu In DSS Detention Emerges Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.