Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? (62730 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / Is My Decision Right Or Wrong / Will I Regret My Decision Later On In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Ten06(m): 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2022
You were a little bit too harsh with your decisions. Firstly, that young girl getting pregnant at that age was partly your fault, if not that you are a single parent, if you could have had time to nurture her she would not have gotten pregnant.
At that age she was still too young to be wise enough to control herself.

Secondly, it was not good for you to disown her, that young girl or the child may bring sucure to you in future. No one knows tomorrow.
Finally, I want to advise you to take her and the child back. Separating that child from the mother will affect both of them greatly, and may result in very bad consequences.
You have been trying, try ones more to accommodate both of them and let the mother take care of the child in your house, and with your support everything will be alright within a few years.
I know it is not easy to be a single parent, but God will support you

That child will bring good luck to you and you will become very successful in life.
Thank you
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by victorazy(m): 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:
My 17 years old brought shame to me last year she got pregnant, I have disowned her and sent her packing. She is staying with her boyfriend in his family home.

She gave birth 5 months ago she has been sick ever since she had the baby and the boyfriend doesn't have any money to take care of her. Plus the living condition is not suitable for her in her condition.

I have forgiven her and I want to take her back home so I can take her to the hospital for treatment but I don't want her to come with her baby. Please note there is only me and my 7 years old son at home. I work and my son goes to school till 5pm.

I don't have time to babysit the baby.
I want the father to take care of his child while I take care of mine.
I hope my decision is not bad?

Na your grandchild o wink
Fate has joined you guys together wink

One day, your bones and body will be weak he (your grandchild) will be the one there for you.

"Yesterday is a History, Tomorrow is a Mystery BUT today is a Gift" and thats why is call Present. wink children are gifts...

Think before you act sir ..... Tomorrow na mystery. wink
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by frozen70(f): 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
Mindlog:

Agreed she veered into the wrong path, engaging in what she ought not to have but her father shouldn't give up on her (have no idea of the circumstance of her birth mother), she needs to be redirected and helped to go back to school when her child is a bit older.

Genevieve Nnaji also had her child about the same age but her family didn't 'condemn" her to the baby's father, rather after her baby , she went back to finish her secondary school education and today, is she not an assest to her family?

A teenage mother going back to school is for the good of the community.

I also agree with you bht leaving that child behind was my concern
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by int0x80(m): 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2022
Op, you are a heartless and useless human being. You don't deserve to be called a father let alone of being her father. Leave that poor girl alone to figure out her life instead of causing more pains to her than you already did. How do you process it in that your stupid brain to ask her to come back without her infant child? Useless idiot #longhiss

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Mbakara1: 6:15pm On Sep 22, 2022
That child is also ur blood

My concern is my daughter who is my blood the baby has a father who should be concern about her not me.
My daughter health is more important than the baby because if anything happens to her i will never forgive myself [/quote]
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by budaatum: 6:16pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

I think you know your decision is very bad. That is why you are here hoping though you obviously know it isn't.

I'm therefore asking everyone to please have compassion for you. But you must have compassion for others too or you would not deserve ours.

You, Sir, will survive.

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by highoctane: 6:16pm On Sep 22, 2022
You ought to feel, you re the only one that this has happened to.
It has happened to many families,both kings, pastors and the poor.
Your aggression shouldn't be passed over to the child, who is no partner to the premarital sex that lead to his delivery.
But your initial action was appropriate and firm.
Take her back, if she is willing,though been an added burden. Let her care for the baby.
Honestly this similar issue nearly broke my uncle,( though wealthy) considering the riff raff that got her daughter pregnant.
I could discern you're a single mother., daughters are very expensive to raise up and cared for.
No father or mother will roll out drums and dance in the market that their girl child got pregnant or their son got another person daughter pregnant.

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by jumper524(m): 6:23pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:
My 17 years old brought shame to me last year she got pregnant, I have disowned her and sent her packing. She is staying with her boyfriend in his family home.

She gave birth 5 months ago she has been sick ever since she had the baby and the boyfriend doesn't have any money to take care of her. Plus the living condition is not suitable for her in her condition.

I have forgiven her and I want to take her back home so I can take her to the hospital for treatment but I don't want her to come with her baby. Please note there is only me and my 7 years old son at home. I work and my son goes to school till 5pm.

some decisions might seem harsh but sometimes necessary. Sir, I'm certain your a yoruba man so your actions might not just be personal but socieral and heriditary. But at this modern time, you had better forgive her and bring both the grad child back to your house.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by jaxxy(m): 6:24pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

u make hasty emotional decisions. U don't calm down to think b4 u act on certain major matters.

Disowning ur daughter because she got pregnant is a terrible thing to do. she was helpless yes by her own mistake bt still is ur daughter. who is above mistakes?

u better take care of that girl and her baby b4 u regret it later in life.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by YankeeJJC(m): 6:24pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

My concern is my daughter who is my blood the baby has a father who should be concern about her not me.
My daughter health is more important than the baby because if anything happens to her i will never forgive myself
when it's time to take responsibility of a granddaddy or you are long-Drinking for a grand kid, you will blame yourself for not being there for who's already your grandchild. Your future grandchild will definitely come from same daughter, It only came early. Be elderly with the situation and welcome them both.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by WhiteWolfe: 6:24pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

Age of consent in Nigeria is 18. Send that boy to prison so that you can have your family back
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by wolebest: 6:25pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

Please don't make the mistake of rejecting your own blood ....... 16 years down the lane, you will look back and praise Almighty God.

I know it's not funny now but Almighty God has deemed it so.

In my little lifetime I have seen a boy that was rejected by all as an outcast who grew up in our midst only for him to relocate to the USA just like that.......

Please take care of your grand child and your daughter.

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Mindlog: 6:25pm On Sep 22, 2022
frozen70:

I also agree with you bht leaving that child behind was my concern

In my earlier post, I made mention that the baby must not be separated from the mother. That baby is too tender to be cut off from the mother, now that the baby is forming secure attachment with the mother and any disruption would affect the baby's development.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by MrFly(m): 6:26pm On Sep 22, 2022
men like u are hard to find. The baby is 2 young and innocent to suffer
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by SanctifiedSista(f): 6:27pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

Daddy, pls forgive her And take her to the hospital. For the baby, leave the child with your in-laws since no woman is at home to take care of the child
Once your daughter is well, u can bring the child to your home if the family of the boy has come to pay dowry .leave sentiments and make sure the boy takes responsibility, u shld even locked him up wen he got her pregnant
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by omohan4: 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2022
Forgiveness is the key and You should know the baby in question is the your grandchild. So pray and ask God for more blessings
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by tctrills: 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2022
2elliot:
Don't be an idiot
You disowned your blood so I am not surprised you are insulting me. Evil man.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Mercisharelove(f): 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2022
How many times have you sinned against God and he forgave you, please remember stuff happens and be wise to save your daughter and your granddaughter
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by gulfer: 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

I am a man
You should look for a relative that can take your daughter and the kid in the interim. You cannot do so much as a man btw what about your wife
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by traeces(m): 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

If she had tried to abort and died in the process, you would long have forgiven her corpse and wished for an opportunity to bring her back to life under any circumstances.
She made a mistake like we all do. Forgive her, love her and accept your grandchild.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Sweetvie: 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2022
I know how you feel op
I know that kind of disappointment and moment of anger but two wrong doesn't make a right ok
Don't let people here make you seem like a wicked person coz you ain't, you just allow ur anger to get the best of you and you ain't a bad parent either you just fail in some aspect.
It not a new thing to say female child is the hardest to raise especially as a single father and a guy... Female child need a lot of attention especially from the mother and need a strict father. I do say Nigeria parents need to start teaching their kids abt sex education... it helps a lot but they won't. Imagine 17year old girl getting pregnant, no one won't be disappointed but disowning her is not the right thing but actually I must say she need to learn she make a mistake if you accepted her back with open hand and she has learned her lesson and m sure she won't be deceived by guy sugar coated mouth again. Two wrong doesn't make a right okay. I know it hard to take care of the baby but I beg you to accept the two of them back. If you only accept your daughter that means you have not forgiven her... Av you seen the baby yet? M sure you won't wanna abandon the little cute creature. Please forgive her and accept her and the baby even if you have to hire a nanny ok you will never lack ijn smiley

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by edosignature(m): 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2022
Take care of your Daughter with all you have & show her fatherly love (though not easy at this time) with all your might.

The said baby is so innocent & you'll be glad in the near future you accept them both.

Not all are fortunate to see their grandchildren.

God help you.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Rainer8(m): 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2022
Tina001:
You did the right thing by sending her to her boyfriend who impregnated her. A child that says she is stubborn and won't heed to the advice of her father should be ready to face the consequences of her actions.

However, I am sure she has learnt her lessons now in a bitter way, since she is in a pitiable condition and you can help her, please help her, There is an adage that says; if you use one hand to beat your child, use the second hand to draw him near and comfort him. Also, pikin nor fit bad make we kan throway am give lion chop.. She is still your daughter, kindly take care of her and your grandchild, she has learnt her lessons and will be of good behaviour henceforth

you see this humble comment bros just follow am u no go get better advice pass this one

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Malawian(m): 6:41pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

First of all, what do you mean by "Brought shame to me"?
Secondly, whether of not you have "forgiven" her, have you asked if she will ever forgive you?
When your daughter needed her father the most, you ditched her?
Just maintain your maintain. No wonder yoour wife leave you.
Meanwhile drop her number, there might be good samaritans who wants to render unselfish help to her.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by jubrilELsudan: 6:41pm On Sep 22, 2022
YOU ARE VERY STUPID FOR DISOWNING YOUR DAUGHTER

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Londonderry: 6:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
Foodqueen:
Since there is no woman that can take care of the baby in your house, your decision isn't bad.

I hope the guy's mother is there.

Pls make haste before it's too late.

We've seen situations like this multiple times, both in movies and real life, it usually doesn't end well.

Best wishes
You spoke correctly. The guy has every right to be angry except he is a pervert. The girl deserved what she got. Any child who won't listen to the her parents but follow irresponsible touts should be allowed to suffer a bit before being readmitted back. Let him receive her back with the innocent baby. She will do her own baby sitting while he goes to work and provide for them. These girls are a bunch of empty skulls who for a piece of meat pie and bottle of yoghurt will open their legs for any vagabond. Some body was saying where was the father when she was fornicating? That is a naive question. A devilish girl can even use her school hours for prostitution.

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by cmikel: 6:44pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

Are you shocked to be a granny at your age?

U beta take ur children and take care of them
Else u may regret it for the rest of ur life. Do u think that baby will remain a baby for ever?

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Ivimmanuel: 6:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
No one is seen the pain of the father despite he has forgiven her daughter. I hate reading issues like this

1 Like

Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

If you are going to take care of the baby. Get a lawyer and let the guy family be present to completely leave the baby for you.

No future claimant.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by Johel(m): 6:52pm On Sep 22, 2022
mastermaestro:

Be careful what you wish for. No one comes into this world perfect. GOD'S mercies make the difference, not so much about what we have done or can do.

Oga, read very well...this ain't a wish, it's me saying what I will do in all honesty...if any of my female child is promiscuous, I will disown her without thinking twice, my child can't bring shame to me, NEVER!!,If my son do anyhow too,he will see anyhow...but I will bring up my children in the way of the Lord, and if they decide to do evil, I will disown them, SIMPLE!.
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by kelvinklein219(m): 6:53pm On Sep 22, 2022
Survivor2020:

That child belongs to your lineage. If you like reject a take your daughter and the child, treat her and live like a big family, highest before next year you will even get to love her child.. Bro just accept them whole heartedly
Re: I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? by NigerianAngelo(m): 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2022
You disowning her is a mortal sin. You can go to hell if you die in that state.

Christ's new child cannot be a shame.

Prepare what the child will need. Also find out if the infant's father can marry the girl. Else prepare her life well and commit all to God.

She is 40x over and above those who killed the children. God bless you and her. God should her in perpetuity.

10 Hail Marys for the baby and in honour of its Guardian Angel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss / Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.