Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) (844 Views)

JSS 3 Exam Fees: Private Schools Parents Besiege Lagos Exam Board For Refund / Is This True About Private Xtian Universities Girls? / Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) by GreaterFuture(m): 9:44am On Sep 22, 2022
One day, one day...
A lot, a whole lot! Will be talked about.
Over 60% at least, should be shutdown
From the Poor, outright substandard schools, to the very wealthy ones...

I attended an average School (by lag Standards), still complete useless bullsh*t in every facet

1 Like

Re: One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) by ojun50(m): 10:03am On Sep 22, 2022
I agree with you, am in just tag me make i drop my own
Re: One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) by HarlequinLekex: 11:01am On Sep 22, 2022
Not in lagos only in nigeria at large only 5% are worth attending
Re: One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) by Natbrowny: 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2022
U see them with fine names and useless structures.

Schools no get space and will still b forcing parents to buy sports wear for pupils. Sports dat is non existent

How dem approve them baffles me.

Some private tertiary institutions aint left out. Very rubbish. Nigeria is a real virus
Re: One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) by UrPapa: 4:08pm On Sep 22, 2022
GreaterFuture:
One day, one day...
A lot, a whole lot! Will be talked about.
Over 60% at least, should be shutdown
Don’t mind dat Tinubu, he’s collecting some percentage from those schools, that’s why they can’t be shut down

1 Like

Re: One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 22, 2022
Government schools are the standard. If the government improves the standards of their schools, the mushroom private schools will shut down.
Re: One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) by Ulunne777(f): 2:39am On Sep 23, 2022
V l
Re: One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 5:49am On Sep 23, 2022
You are very correct. They are mostly substandard with substandard and poorly paid teachers called 'aunties" while they charge exorbitant fees plus many other scamming charges under frivolous labels.
Re: One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) by GreaterFuture(m): 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
BlakKluKluxKlan:
You are very correct. They are mostly substandard with substandard and poorly paid teachers called 'aunties" while they charge exorbitant fees plus many other scamming charges under frivolous labels.
It is the activities of these teachers I really want it talk about.
Teachers, principal and vice principals. Even gateman and secretaries, all round Sick Climate to say the least
And I even attended "a standard School", not like a complete pako school...
Like 30% were 'ajebutters'

Apart from the fact that one doesn't really learn anything (at least in my own case), we all have to agree, looking back now that most of these people don't understand education at all!

2 Likes

Re: One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) by GreaterFuture(m): 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2022
Natbrowny:
U see them with fine names and useless structures.

Schools no get space and will still b forcing parents to buy sports wear for pupils. Sports dat is non existent

How dem approve them baffles me.

Some private tertiary institutions aint left out. Very rubbish. Nigeria is a real virus
My own even had space, it was relatively okay, going by Lagos private school standards...
Just the teachers' behaviour, sick Staff (teaching and non-teaching)
Looking back, you realise, these guys know nothing about education...

1 Like

Re: One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) by Natbrowny: 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2022
GreaterFuture:

My own even had space, it was relatively okay, going by Lagos private school standards...
Just the teachers' behaviour, sick Staff (teaching and non-teaching)
Looking back, you realise, these guys know nothing about education...

Its bound to happen when everywhere u go. Na i wan attend university. Colleges of education are dead.

Universities even created the education courses in their own frame, backed by NUC.

U see guys graduating from Economics education, chemistry education and be like.
Me i dont wanna be a teacher oo. They killed colleges of education who produces great guys and took over only to make money. Education courses choke unis now with zero quality. Dey just admit students. Make money and graduate them.

Zero ethics. Naija get wahala ooo. Big one.
Re: One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) by GreaterFuture(m): 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2022
Natbrowny:

Its bound to happen when everywhere u go. Na i wan attend university. Colleges of education are dead.

Universities even created the education courses in their own frame, backed by NUC.

U see guys graduating from Economics education, chemistry education and be like.
Me i dont wanna be a teacher oo. They killed colleges of education who produces great guys and took over only to make money. Education courses choke unis now with zero quality. Dey just admit students. Make money and graduate them.

Zero ethics. Naija get wahala ooo. Big one.

Are you a teacher?

1 Like

Re: One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) by Natbrowny: 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2022
GreaterFuture:

Are you a teacher?

Nope. But back then we know the differences of the 3 major types of tertiary institutions we have and why they were created. But now things don cast.

People just studying to get certificates and not quality education. Its disheartening.
Re: One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) by GreaterFuture(m): 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2022
Natbrowny:

Nope. But back then we know the differences of the 3 major types of tertiary institutions we have and why they were created. But now things don cast.

People just studying to get certificates and not quality education. Its disheartening.
Back then? How far back are you talking about? How many years ago?

1 Like

Re: One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) by GreaterFuture(m): 9:48am On Oct 12, 2022
Where do I start from?
Every single Strata is messed Up

Let me pick from the Owner of the School

1 Like

Re: One Day, We Will Talk Extensively About Private Schools In Lagos (and Nigeria) by Ehita19: 11:03am On Oct 12, 2022
The way Nigeria is structured these days is this: it is what you can afford you pay for. If government schools were good,there won't be a proliferation of sub standard so called private primary and secondary schools. What baffles me is who approves these schools. It goes to show the lawlessness in our society where anything goes. Same goes to some so called private hospitals

(1) (Reply)

Chrisland School Lekki And The Bane Of Immorality. By brighto1234 / When Is Uniben Post-ume Comming Up? / Help Me Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.