Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo (36580 Views)

How Much will You Buy This Kpomo In Your Area? / Pepper Kpomo And Shaki With Vegetables / Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by Yankee101: 1:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
I pity una

1. Kpomo is burnt in unhealthy fires, sometimes with petrol poured directly on it...carcinogenic

2. Kpomo comes with external animal injuries and infection with transfers easily to humans

3. Kpomo has residual hair carrying ticks, bugs and infection that's consumed directly

4. Kpomo is kept longest in slaughter locations usually on the ground and allowed to begin to rot/smell, covered in flies and stepped underfoot. Hence the sand you bite in it

5. Kpomo is denatured protein due to the excessive heat during processing. It is still cooked when bought. Any viable minerals, vitamins and proteins are denatured. Consuming it will lead to cancer

6. Kpomo eaten is value wasted. The leather is of much more worth than eating it

7. Kpomo fills without the nutrition of meat. Hence unnecessary weight gain, low balanced diet, diabetes, heart problems; kidney impairment and liver cirrhosis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by sylve11: 1:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
Wisdomkosi:

In Igboland, we call it Kpomo

he should deal with that.

lol grin cool
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by BigCowHornn: 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2022
Zonefree:

You no like kpomo pass me. I'm even thinking of naming my second daughter Kpomo.

Fish pepper soup is better
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by yad2eidi: 1:50pm On Sep 22, 2022
Wisdomkosi:

https://igberetvnews.com/1428974/five-benefits-eating-kpomo/
the main use of pomo is for collagen. you are not even vested in what you are writing
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by CaptainFM1: 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
IGNORANT GLUTTON SHUT UP! STOP EATING UP HIDES AND SKINS MEANT FOR LEATHER INDUSTRIES! PLS, WE AGRICULTURISTS STAND WITH FG ON THIS. NO WONDER WE WERE TAUGHT THAT NIGERIANS ARE THE REASON WHY LEATHER PRODUCTS ARE EXPENSIVE BECAUSE THEY STUPIDLY EAT UP THE RAW MATERIALS. SHAME ON YOU GLUTTON, PLS LET THE LEATHER INDUSTRY GROW!

I'm vegetarian. I'm only saying they should let people that wants to eat eat and people that doesn't want to eat can do whatever they like.

That by the way....I think we lack respect in this forum. I don't understand why you would talk like that to someone you don't know.
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by Goldbw122(m): 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2022
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by Eecho(m): 2:01pm On Sep 22, 2022
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by obembet(f): 2:01pm On Sep 22, 2022
BigYash:
Go and check his twit during that period, and atleast he did take it down after he made the comment. How can your principal lead the people he is afraid of? Even though its obvious his is just looking for a way to loot to retirement.. Just like buhari did or is doing right now..

My dear, let support Atiku... Igbo don't support Yoruba, and Yoruba don't support Igbo.. let use Atiku settle the fight.

Atikulate 2023
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by Chijeep(m): 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2022
Hanndye:

https://punchng.com/ponmo-contains-beneficial-nutrients-says-dietitian/

Meanwhile, even tree barks have cells talkless of animal skins. Abi you want to say animal skin is make of plastic? All living tissues, including skins are made of cells. You and you miseducations.

To make our story short...
Give me the name of the class of nutrition which ponmo have
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by Mbo07: 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2022
Justice for ponmo
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by Alba3: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2022
Wisdomkosi:

In Igboland, we call it Kpomo
It has no meaning then just as you call Agbero 'Agboro' aṣewo 'ashawo' oyinbo 'oyibo' pẹlẹ 'kpele' pátápátá 'kpatakpata'
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by Topmaike007(m): 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2022
FeliciaOja:
Op stop deciving yourself
Kpomo is dead Skin

Human beings are very very funny creatures
They will always find a way to justify anything that is stupid as long as they enjoy it
A weed smoker will tell you weed reduces cholesterol and helps immune system.
A drunkard will argue with you that beer helps cardiovascular system.
So im not suprised a Kpomo addict will say kpomo reduces cholesterol?? grin grin grin
Very soon they will say Kpomo cures cancer.

Even if skin has nutrients, such nutrient will be depleted once the animal is dead and slaughtered.
Nutrients are stored inside the muscle tissues of animals not in skin.
Skin is just basically layers of dead cells piled up that act as protective cover.
That is why most animals Shed their skin off
it's just dead cells that harden up and form protective layer until they are shed off.

That is why people eat meat
Because when a cow eats grass, that grass contains elements from the soil like Phosphorus,nitrogen and more.
The grass is digested in stomach, and nutrients are transported to muscle tissues and fat tissues where it is stored.
Meat is a muscle tissue. That is where nutrients are stored. Not in the skin

Humans will find a way to justify the stupid things they love doing..
oshe professor Wole Soyinka the second leave our ponmo for us for abeg
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by Longnthick(m): 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2022
Zonefree:

You no like kpomo pass me. I'm even thinking of naming my second daughter Kpomo.
The go chop her tire
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by Longnthick(m): 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2022
Zonefree:

Them go chop her tire
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by Topmaike007(m): 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2022
Chijeep:

it is called carbolipidprot
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by ljoh: 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2022
BATified2023:
noting like kpomo,there’s no Yoruba alphabet kp it is ponmo

Good day

We are not Yorubas, we call it Kpomo
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by flejnr2(f): 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2022
HolyMan12:

Then finally Ewedu grin

You don finish Yoruba people be that grin grin grin
And gbegiri
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by Chijeep(m): 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2022
Topmaike007:
it is called carbolipidprot
Rubbish...

Go back to the post and check the 5th or 6th comment after mine and read more to understand. Kanda is just a dead skin that cover up the main flesh
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by Oyex01: 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2022
grin
BATified2023:
noting like kpomo,there’s no Yoruba alphabet kp it is ponmo

Good day
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by Hanndye: 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
Chijeep:

Be it known to you that if nutrients never get to the skins or the hairs and even nails they'd die or break off.

Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by bigcasava1(m): 2:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
Wisdomkosi:

https://igberetvnews.com/1428974/five-benefits-eating-kpomo/
Are you saying that federal government is stupid of thinking of banning it.
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by viodemus: 2:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
las las you dey chop leather.

I go take fish over kpomo anyday.
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by elasticlala: 2:44pm On Sep 22, 2022
But wait. If I buy a cow and kill it in my house for food, will government come to take the Pomo from me or arrest me for eating the Pomo in it? Sense no dey this matter at all ?

1 Like

Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by elasticlala: 2:50pm On Sep 22, 2022
elasticlala:
But wait. If I buy a cow and kill it in my house for food, will government come to take the Pomo from me or arrest me for eating the Pomo in it? Sense no dey this matter at all ?

Useless people with misplaced priority. Today in Nigeria, paracetamol no longer work, antimalarial no longer work, almost everything u buy from the market is fake…. The idiot hasn’t taken any step to curb that or ensure quality on critical issues, it is Pomo that is their problem. They should even add VAT to Pomo na. If they can’t solve 9ja problem with crude oil money, I wonder what solution Pomo leather can produce.

Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by Hanndye: 2:51pm On Sep 22, 2022
So if my money no reach to buy beef I should not buy pomo again. Make them give me money to buy beef now.
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by Ckonnet: 2:52pm On Sep 22, 2022
Laggafin:
If FG Bans ponmo.. I will go on exile

Kenya or Cameroon, I here say e nyafu nyafu 4 there.
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by uche393: 3:04pm On Sep 22, 2022
most kpomo are unhealthy because they are roasted with tyres instead of using firewood or even using hot water as Chinese do.

I buy and roast it my self or buy from people using fire wood to roast.
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by seanwilliam(m): 3:40pm On Sep 22, 2022
FeliciaOja:
Op stop deciving yourself
Kpomo is dead Skin

Human beings are very very funny creatures
They will always find a way to justify anything that is stupid as long as they enjoy it
A weed smoker will tell you weed reduces cholesterol and helps immune system.
A drunkard will argue with you that beer helps cardiovascular system.
So im not suprised a Kpomo addict will say kpomo reduces cholesterol?? grin grin grin
Very soon they will say Kpomo cures cancer.

Even if skin has nutrients, such nutrient will be depleted once the animal is dead and slaughtered.
Nutrients are stored inside the muscle tissues of animals not in skin.
Skin is just basically layers of dead cells piled up that act as protective cover.
That is why most animals Shed their skin off
it's just dead cells that harden up and form protective layer until they are shed off.

That is why people eat meat
Because when a cow eats grass, that grass contains elements from the soil like Phosphorus,nitrogen and more.
The grass is digested in stomach, and nutrients are transported to muscle tissues and fat tissues where it is stored.
Meat is a muscle tissue. That is where nutrients are stored. Not in the skin

Humans will find a way to justify the stupid things they love doing..
Anty Felicia, wetin ponmo do you ? cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by harmony75: 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2022
Must useless government Nigeria ever had.. The monkey and snake that swallow and ran off with millions of naira have never been dealt with. Ponmo is their problem.. Smh!
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by BigYash: 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2022
obembet:

My dear, let support Atiku... Igbo don't support Yoruba, and Yoruba don't support Igbo.. let use Atiku settle the fight.

Atikulate 2023
It should not be about tribe or religion. It should be about a better Nigeria. As things dey expensive these days,politicians doesn't feel it,cux of their loots and investment. But na d same market poor people dey buy,where them too dey buy. So,its better to vote personality ,than voting tribe or religion
Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by Josbreed: 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2022
mariahAngel:

I thought it was kanda. undecided

It is called GANDA in Hausa, it's non-Hausa speakers who try to say GANDA, but unfortunately say KANDA.

1 Like

Re: Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo by obembet(f): 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2022
BigYash:
It should not be about tribe or religion. It should be about a better Nigeria. As things dey expensive these days,politicians doesn't feel it,cux of their loots and investment. But na d same market poor people dey buy,where them too dey buy. So,its better to vote personality ,than voting tribe or religion

If it's about better Nigeria, they why insult everyday as if this people we are fighting for know us?

We can't we respect ourselves, our choice and move on instead of fooling ourselves on social media?

So dear, am going for Atiku... Part of me is Igbo while the other part is Yoruba, so let me go neutral

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairalanders Post Your Christmas Food Here. / How I Prepared A VERY TASTY Tomato Melon Soup With Pics / Hilda Baci Extends Cook-A-Thon To 100 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.