Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) (23012 Views)

Picture Of Lekki-Eleko-Epe Concrete Road Under Construction / Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction / Imota Rice Mill: Lagos Officials Visit To See Level Of Work Done (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by anonimi: 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2022
etrouble:
Yes, he made all your brethren to be in prisons all over the world for drugs trafficking and human trafficking

Brethren like druggie ThiefNuibu and 419er like Hushpuppi

Francis5:
04.27.155:18 AM ET

Nigeria’s Next Leader’s Ties to a Heroin Ring

General Muhammed Buhari’s political partner is a former bagman for two heroin traffickers. But that’s just business as usual in Nigeria.

Nigeria’s election last month was celebrated as an unlikely victory for democracy in an African country with a tenuous record of free and fair representation. But the man most responsible for midwifing General Muhammed Buhari’s ballot triumph over current President Goodluck Jonathan has a spotty CV. Former Lagos provincial governor Bola Tinubu, affectionately nicknamed the Jagaban, is today seen as a shrewd if not “deeply Machiavellian” Svengali in Nigeria’s politics as well as the architect of a hugely successful anti-corruption platform. But 20 years ago he had to forfeit nearly half a million dollars to the U.S. Treasury Department after being named as an accomplice in a white heroin-trafficking and money-laundering ring that stretched from West Africa to the U.S. Midwest.

Although his case has been bandied about the Nigerian press for years, Tinubu’s involvement in a federal drug and racketeering investigation waged jointly by the DEA, FBI, and IRS has gone unreported elsewhere, even after his ascendance to Karl Rove-like status last month. A recent gauzy Financial Times profile of him, for instance, neglected to mention that two decades ago Tinubu was identified as a bagman for two Nigerian heroin movers who operated out of Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. They were Adegboyega Mueez Akande and Abiodun Agbele, Akande’s nephew, who was exposed to law enforcement after selling white heroin first to Lee Andrew Edwards, another dealer later jailed for trying to murder a federal agent, and then to an undercover cop.

In a 1993 court docket from the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Illinois, which The Daily Beast obtained from Sahara Reporters, a Nigeria-focused news outlet, IRS Special Agent Kevin Moss said that Akande had run the white heroin ring in the late 1980s until 1990, when he handed off the U.S arm of the business to his nephew, who had arrived in 1988. Akande then returned to Nigeria but continued to oversee the operation from abroad with the help of others at home and in the United States, including his relatives. One of the individuals identified in his cartel by Moss was Tinubu, then a Chicago State University-educated accountant working as a treasurer for Mobil Oil Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of energy giant Mobil Oil, which was still a few years shy of its famous merger with Exxon in 1999.

In the biography section of his official website, Tinubu is described as having emigrated to the United States in 1975 “in search of the proverbial Golden Fleece with a heart brimming with unrelenting determination to achieve his visions.” This is certainly one way to describe his tenure stateside.

In 1989, Moss said in an affidavit, Tinubu established an individual money market account, into which he deposited $1,000 in traveler’s checks, and a negotiable order of withdrawal account (NOW) at First Heritage Bank in Country Club Hills, Illinois. The address Tinubu gave the bank was the same as the listed headquarters of Globe-Link International, the front company owned by Akande and his relatives.

“There’s a trend of various Nigerian politicians at the highest levels involved in dodgy business deals around the world, in property and cash.”

Bank employees told Moss that Akande had personally introduced them to Tinubu in December 1989 when who also opened a joint checking account with his wife, Oluremi Tinubu, who already kept a joint account with Akande’s wife at First Heritage. Five days after the NOW account was opened, $80,000 was wired into it from a bank in Houston maintained by one of Akande’s relatives. Tinubu would later use the NOW account to buy a $10,000 Certificate of Deposit for an $8,000 car loan, listing Akande as his cousin on the application.

At the time, Tinubu’s take home as a Mobil Oil Nigeria executive was a mere $2,400 a month and he claimed not to have any other revenue streams. Yet he still managed to deposit $661,000 into his individual money market account in 1990 and then another $1,216,500 a year later. He also opened more accounts with Citibank in its worldwide personal banking unit, transferring over half a million dollars from his First Heritage money market account into one of them in early 1991.

Mobil Oil Nigeria told Moss that Tinubu’s role at the company never involved transferring large sums of money between banks and that it didn’t keep deposits in any institutions in the south suburbs of Chicago, where First Heritage was based. Moreover, although Tinubu moved back to Nigeria in 1983, he neglected to file U.S. income tax returns after 1984 despite having sizable, interest-generating deposits in American banks. All of this was enough to persuade a magistrate judge of the Northern District to issue seizure warrants for Tinubu’s First Heritage and Citibank accounts. Collectively, more than $1.4 million belonging to the Nigerian was confiscated.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/27/nigeria-s-next-leader-s-ties-to-a-heroin-ring.html

1 Like

Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by Viraltrends123: 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2022
obyno82:

Is it that you were fed with Hyena breast milk. How did Obi imply that if he loses igbos will leave Lagos? He simply read a message circulated by your own BAT supporters and you are here yarning dust.
And the funny thing is the person that posted it is not Yoruba. Or should I bring screenshot of the post for you.
Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by edosignature(m): 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2022
Lagos is so unfortunate to have a neighbor like Ogun state.
Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by Alajiki(m): 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2022
Jostoman:
God bless JANDOR for teaching them how to do the right thing.

LAGOSIAN JANDOR is coming.

Jandor! Isn't that a name of a thug?

1 Like

Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by Alajiki(m): 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2022
Opintiwa:
Dip and take

Enhen! What's the problem with that? Are you a director in Alpha-Beta?
Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by Alajiki(m): 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
ambode would av done this for long if not for JAGABAN selfish interest.

Yinmu!

Ambode ko, Ambo ponmo ni
Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by asaju10(m): 7:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
dmill:
They should expand the road from lakowe to awoyaya, the early morning traffic is terrible

Imagine early morning you meet a lot of workers in junctions as if they were chase away from home

Bogije junction very terrible, Lakowe very bad, Awoyaya very dangerous, Ologunfe very critical
God blesses U....U are so familiar with that route
Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by 234daniel2010(m): 10:23pm On Sep 22, 2022
obembet:
Developer over to u.. na we built Lagos.. we dey Wait.

They will still come here and complain, blame Tinubu for thier misfortune.

Anyway, am not here for Tinubu... Am here to beg u all to support Atiku.

Only reasonable man among 3 major candidate.

Is like your brain is paining you, is Tinubu from Lagos state?
Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by Slymonster(m): 4:24am On Sep 23, 2022
funshint:
All these cement road construction always drag time. They would have completed that road a long time if it was Asphalt. Look at that Ikorodu-Ogijo road too....only God knows when that one will be completed too.

For me ,cement road construction is suitable for lagos road and last longer than the asphalt road. The only problem is time consuming and cost.

1 Like

Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by ElValiente(m): 5:14am On Sep 23, 2022
dmill:
They should expand the road from lakowe to awoyaya, the early morning traffic is terrible

Imagine early morning you meet a lot of workers in junctions as if they were chase away from home

Bogije junction very terrible, Lakowe very bad, Awoyaya very dangerous, Ologunfe very critical

Reach Abijo gra chaii
Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by funshint(m): 7:00am On Sep 23, 2022
Slymonster:

For me ,cement road construction is suitable for lagos road and last longer than the asphalt road. The only problem is time consuming and cost.
They should sha do it well and up to standard!
Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by barcaboi(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2022
Jostoman:
the man is too greedy.

Una just funny Aswear lol; Jide did all in his first term and u still get mouth dey talk
Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by Codeye(m): 8:31am On Sep 23, 2022
ATLIEN2027:
Road to my home town. Great job by the Lagos State government but they need to fix the road from Eleko to Ajah ASAP.
The traffic was so bad that I had to go through Ijebu Ode to Lagos to get back to the airport.
That's not good look for the State govt, the average person in that area is going through hell right now.
Why start road construction if you are not going to be working day and night to complete the job especially in such a crowded environment.
your home EPE? IM FROM EPE
Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by ATLIEN2027: 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2022
Codeye:
your home EPE? IM FROM EPE

Omo Epe Alaro, Omo Ogunmodede. Awa ni yen.

1 Like

Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by obyno82: 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2022
Viraltrends123:
And the funny thing is the person that posted it is not Yoruba. Or should I bring screenshot of the post for you.

Oga please bring it. Stop playing semantics i dare you to do so. i trust una na another cooked up propaganda and mind you i have the original post so bring your own let me see
Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by Codeye(m): 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2022
ATLIEN2027:

Omo Epe Alaro, Omo Ogunmodede. Awa ni yen.
thats incredible...pleased to meet you.
Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by ATLIEN2027: 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2022
Codeye:
thats incredible...pleased to meet you.
Same here my brother.
Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by Viraltrends123: 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2022
obyno82:

Oga please bring it. Stop playing semantics i dare you to do so. i trust una na another cooked up propaganda and mind you i have the original post so bring your own let me see
See I don't have time to prove anything to you. If you can't watch the video and see what he is trying to proof, you are a fool. Even he later realized he made a big mistake, and to me, it's not a mistake, it's tribalism imprinted into your DNA. If you want to know who posted it, search FFK on twitter, he revealed the person is not even Yoruba.
Re: LASG Officials Visit Eleko-Epe Road Construction Site (Pictutes) by obyno82: 8:33am On Sep 26, 2022
Viraltrends123:
See I don't have time to prove anything to you. If you can't watch the video and see what he is trying to proof, you are a fool. Even he later realized he made a big mistake, and to me, it's not a mistake, it's tribalism imprinted into your DNA. If you want to know who posted it, search FFK on twitter, he revealed the person is not even Yoruba.

Oga show it here for all of us stop this gaslighting games. It is clear that you are lying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th / Buhari Appoints Tolu Ogunlesi As His SA On Digital/New Media / World Bank Officials Drown In Nigeria's In Egbe Dam In Egbe Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.